PDA

View Full Version : #3-02 Sewer Dragons of Absalom - Saturday 3/2/13 1PM CST (-6 GMT)

Gwaihir Scout
February 25th, 2013, 01:48
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 3–7.

Absalom is Golarion’s busiest and most populous city, but one of its largest populations goes largely unnoticed. You must venture into the sewers beneath the City at the Center of the World to stop the meddling dragons within from disrupting a vital Pathfinder Society operation.

Written by Dennis Baker.

Session Day and Time and time zone: Saturday March 2nd 1pm CST
GMT Offset: -6
Duration: 4-6 hours
Fantasy Grounds license: Full (need lite license to join)
Chat type: Teamspeak (server fgts.servegame.com)
Tiers and subtiers valid for this scenario: Tier 3-7, subtiers 3-4, 6-7.

The game calendar page is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=994). Sign up here with your character to get a spot.

At the end of the game, I'll need either a picture/pdf of your last chronicle or the following information from it:

Player name:
Character name:
Society #:
Faction:
Chronicle number:
XP:
Fame:
Prestige:
Gold:

And I'll need you to give me this information after the game if applicable:
Items Sold/Conditions Gained:
Items Bought/Conditions Cleared:

This is one of the better scenarios I've played; I think you'll enjoy it.

Mgrancey
February 25th, 2013, 06:58

Karu
18411-3
Lantern Lodge
Currently # 11
XP: 10
Fame/Prestige: 18/18
Gold: 3019

Killian
February 25th, 2013, 11:34
Haematite: Level 4 Monk
40412-2
Fame: 15
Prestige: 13
Gold: 1584.26

Quick heads up I purchased this scenario about 10 months ago with the intention of running it (before internet woes) but I havn't glanced at it since then and I'm pretty sure I only remember cursory details about the adventure. I've never played it though and would really like to give it a go.

Skellan
February 25th, 2013, 18:27
Looking forward to this. I need to level Kirsa up and will post her and her chronicle shortly

avro5731
February 25th, 2013, 21:22
Already of the stench of the sewers on me.... thanks for running it anyway!

Trueshots
February 26th, 2013, 21:16
@G Scout

Ill be playing my ninja, just need to level her then ill post her XML and chronicle. She's level 5.

Think we can play tier 6-7? What does the avg party level need to be?

Mgrancey
February 26th, 2013, 21:27
Pathfinder's only level requirements are that you fit the Tier requirements, not the sub-tier, so its our choice on playing 3-4 or 6-7. APL is currently 4.2 actual and adjusted about 4.7.
Not sure how dangerous or bad this scenario can be.

Trueshots
February 26th, 2013, 21:31
Pathfinder's only level requirements are that you fit the Tier requirements, not the sub-tier
I was under the understanding that you had to have an average party level that fit into the subtier. Hmm

Gwaihir Scout
February 26th, 2013, 21:46
If your APL fits one of the subtiers, you play that subtier. If it falls between, you choose.

In this case, I think you'd be in serious trouble playing up unless everyone was level 5, and even then it would be risky if there were less than six people.

Mgrancey
February 26th, 2013, 21:49
Nope, only suggested not required, unless its a 3+ tier game.

Tiers are a level restriction for play. If a PC’s level does not fall within the level range of a scenario’s tier, that character can not legally play in that scenario. For example, a 5th-level PC is legal for play in scenarios of Tiers 1–5, 3–7, and 5–9; a 1st-level PC can only legally play in a Tier 1 or Tier 1–5 scenario. Within each tier, PCs should play in the subtier in which they fall whenever possible, but they may be allowed to play up or down, based on the average party level at the table, as outlined below. Some scenarios or special events offer more than two subtiers. In these cases, no PC can play at a subtier more than 1 step away from her character level.

Gwaihir Scout
February 26th, 2013, 22:04
That's the rule for which tiers/subtiers a character is allowed to play.

I believe "they may be allowed to play up or down, based on the average party level at the table, as outlined below" goes on to show that a party has to play according to its APL.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2013, 23:47
You calculate the APL and round to the nearest number - 6 PCs in a season 0-3 scenario should add 1 to the APL. If this number is within a subtier you play that subtier - period. If APL falls between 2 subtiers the party can choose which subtier to play.

The exception to this rule is if rounding up takes a party into the next subtier they can instead choose to play down - e.g. 3.6 APL rounded up to 4 forces the party to play up, they can instead choose the play down as it was the rounding to a whole number that forced them up.

Trueshots
February 27th, 2013, 15:34
You calculate the APL and round to the nearest number - 6 PCs in a season 0-3 scenario should add 1 to the APL. If this number is within a subtier you play that subtier - period. If APL falls between 2 subtiers the party can choose which subtier to play.

The exception to this rule is if rounding up takes a party into the next subtier they can instead choose to play down - e.g. 3.6 APL rounded up to 4 forces the party to play up, they can instead choose the play down as it was the rounding to a whole number that forced them up.

Yea that's what I thought it was, thanks!

Trueshots
February 27th, 2013, 15:38
@ G Scout

Here's my Character XML and Chronicle

Before Game
Starting Gold was 8469 gold
Need to Buy:
Daredevil Boots: 1400 gold
Ending Gold(Before start of you game):7069 gold
XP:13
pp:20
Fame:22
PFS#-71518-1
Faction: Taldor

After Game
Day Job +50 gold
Adventure +1287 gold
Bought: +1 Agile Wakizashi 8335 gold
free Item form adventure: Adamantine Wire Saw 150 gold
Sold: Masterwork obsidian Wakizashi @ 50%: 158g,7s,6c
earned: 2pp
Used: 2 charges on CLW wand

New Total
Gold 230
Fame: 24
PP: 22
XP: 14

Blackfoot
February 27th, 2013, 21:15
My daughter and I would like to play... gotta figure out which characters.. will post them up shortly...
EDIT: Here is their info.. will post up the files in a bit... We'll be bringing all the healing it seems.

Name: Inquisitor Stick
Class: Inquisitor
Level: 3
Starting Gold: 2,277
XP: 6
Fame(PP): 11(11)
PFS#39241-8
Faction: Andoran
THIS Chronicle # will be: 7
-----------------
Name: Zo
Class: Witch
Level: 3
Starting Gold: 2,230.44
XP: 6
Fame(PP): 11(11)
PFS#55576-1
Faction: Shadow Lodge
THIS Chronicle # will be: 7

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2013, 20:37
Looks like our APL is exactly 5 (including the +1 for 6 players) assuming everyone shows up to play.

Gwaihir Scout
March 1st, 2013, 21:09
Looks like our APL is exactly 5 (including the +1 for 6 players) assuming everyone shows up to play.

OK, so technically you have a choice which subtier to play. You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, punk?

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2013, 21:18
Speaking for the 2 level 3 players in the group.. not really.. no.

Trueshots
March 1st, 2013, 21:24
I personally want to play up, I'm the best player in this history of fantasy games and should have no problem!

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2013, 21:26
I personally want to play up, I'm the best player in this history of fantasy games and should have no problem!
I might have more confidence in you if you had better mastery of your native tongue.

Gwaihir Scout
March 2nd, 2013, 00:04
All joking aside, you still have less than a snowball's chance in hell of completing this scenario on subtier 6-7.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2013, 01:14
I don't think I ever disputed that. :)

Gwaihir Scout
March 2nd, 2013, 05:38
Trueshots, notes for you.

You said the Shinobi shozoku came from the Jade Regent AP? If so, it is not on the list of approved equipment for PFS.
It is not enough to simply say you have a masterwork tool. You must say what that tool actually is and for what circumstance it is meant to be used. I'm not accepting the use of any "tool" that you simply wear all the time, either.
Disguise kits already exist and cost 50 gp for 10 uses.
Masterwork instruments already exist and cost 100 gp.

For the love of Abadar, spend some of that cash! +1 weapons, +1 armor, a ring of protection, a cloak of resistance, a few potions, some alchemical items, anything! Gold rewards grow exponentially, so you're only hurting yourself if you skip cheaper items while saving up for the big ones.

Skellan, where's your PC?

Trueshots
March 2nd, 2013, 14:42
Yea I've been saving for a +1 adamantine agile wakizashi :). X2

As for that robe, I just picked it it says its ok for PFS play so I went with it:). If you don't allow tools let me know which ones so I can adjust, I have to adjust every week cause every gm is different.

Mgrancey
March 2nd, 2013, 14:57
What is tool you are looking for, if you want to disguise yourself all the time you would probably want a hat of disguise over a disguise kit if you're using it that much.

Skellan
March 2nd, 2013, 16:32
Sorry to do this but I am going to have to drop from the session this evening. Sorry, hope you replace me ok

Trueshots
March 2nd, 2013, 18:15
I'm going to be 30 mins late for game, stuck in traffic out if town! Sorry, don't kill me über toon!

Gwaihir Scout
March 2nd, 2013, 18:17
As long as everyone else is OK with starting the game later, we will. If not, there are places where you can join up with the party.

Gwaihir Scout
March 3rd, 2013, 03:39
Remember you get one free (non-relic) item of 150 gp or less. Tell me what you want.

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2013, 05:51
Remember you get one free (non-relic) item of 150 gp or less. Tell me what you want.
I will take a scroll of Tongues (cost 150 gp)
I have no purchases for this chronicle other than those listed on my notes page:
Antitoxin - 50gp
Theater Ticket - 5gp

Trueshots
March 3rd, 2013, 18:27
@ Scout

I edited post #14 with all my purchases and sells and new totals, if you have questions let me know. Thanks for running the game it was fun.

Mgrancey
March 3rd, 2013, 19:31
What exactly is a "non-relic" item

Gwaihir Scout
March 3rd, 2013, 19:55
No idea. The phrasing of the boon is:

Contraband Dividends: You ensured that a valuable shipment of contraband antiquities were able to enter Absalom through the sewers without kobolds causing any problems. As a result, you receive a single item of no more than 150 gp from among the non-relic bits of the cargo. You must select this item now and reflect its purchase on this Chronicle sheet.
I think it means that the cargo had relics and "normal" equipment. Pick something you could normally buy for 150 gp or less.

Gwaihir Scout
March 3rd, 2013, 22:48
Bought: +1 Agile Wakizashi 8335 gold
free Item form adventure: Adamantine Wire Saw 150 gold
Sold: Masterwork obsidian Wakizashi @ 50%: 158g,7s,6c

You can't buy a fresh +1 agile wakizashi since that goes over the gold limit for your fame: 24 fame > 22 fame = 8,000 gp. You need to get 27 fame, which lets you buy things up to 11,750 gp.

Now that I'm looking at it, I don't think you can upgrade a masterwork weapon to a +2 equivalent even though it costs 8,000 gp, since the total item price is over the limit.

Let me see if this scroll of Summon Trenloe works.

And what's the Wire Saw from? Can't find it.

Trueshots
March 3rd, 2013, 22:56
Just nix the buying of the +1 waki and the selling of the mw one. Ill hold on a few more games. Ill just take the wire saw. Not sure where it come from, it's in hero lab and its PFS legal as far as hero lab goes. I'm not at a computer rt now but ill fix every thing on the thread as soon as I am.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2013, 23:51
Ill just take the wire saw. Not sure where it come from, it's in hero lab and its PFS legal as far as hero lab goes. I'm not at a computer rt now but ill fix every thing on the thread as soon as I am.
It's in Ultimate Equipment.

Players: remember, if there are items/abilites/etc. your character uses that are outside of the PFS core assumption products, it is up to you, the player, to provide the GM with the information required to use them. From the additional resources page (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources) on the PFS website:

Since the core assumption for Pathfinder Society Organized Play is the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide, and the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, we cannot assume that every Game Master will have the products listed below. As such, it's up to players to bring these items in order to familiarize their Game Masters with the rules.
It is enough for you to provide the information in electronic form - so make sure that Hero Lab (or whatever way you create your characters) includes all of the information needed in the Fantasy Grounds PC XML you provide the GM with before your game. It is the player's responsibility to ensure the GM has access to this information!

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2013, 23:53
You can't buy a fresh +1 agile wakizashi since that goes over the gold limit for your fame: 24 fame > 22 fame = 8,000 gp. You need to get 27 fame, which lets you buy things up to 11,750 gp.

Now that I'm looking at it, I don't think you can upgrade a masterwork weapon to a +2 equivalent even though it costs 8,000 gp, since the total item price is over the limit.

Let me see if this scroll of Summon Trenloe works.
You rang, milord? ;)

You take the total value of the item into account when working out if the PC has enough fame to purchase it, not just the incremental "upgrade" amount. So, yep, 27 fame is needed to "upgrade" a MW wakizashi to +1 agile.

Gwaihir Scout
March 4th, 2013, 00:00
It's in Ultimate Equipment.
Aha! That helped me find it (https://www.archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Wire%20saw%20%2 8adamantine%29). I was looking under Tools instead of Adventuring Gear. Nice tool. Sounds good for getting through anything your skeleton key can't unlock.

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2013, 00:35
Just nix the buying of the +1 waki and the selling of the mw one. Ill hold on a few more games. Ill just take the wire saw. Not sure where it come from, it's in hero lab and its PFS legal as far as hero lab goes. I'm not at a computer rt now but ill fix every thing on the thread as soon as I am.
Note that you do not need to 'sell' a masterwork weapon to upgrade it.. you can just add the cost of enchantment to your existing MW weapon... assuming you don't want to change it from 'normal' to 'cold iron' or something.

Peanut
March 4th, 2013, 00:55
Free Item: Scroll of See Invisible - (cost 150gp)

I would like to purchase:
Cloak of Resistance +1 - 1000gp
Pearl of Power (Level 1) - 1000gp
+1 Haramaki - 1153gp

I would like to sell:
Haramaki - 3gp (yields 1.5gp)

Mgrancey
March 4th, 2013, 02:19
Wire Saw can be found in Ultimate equipment pg 75

Regular 50 gp
Adamantine Wire saw 150gp
This flexible saw consists of an abrasive wire hooked to
two metal rings. By feeding the wire around a deadbolt
or small door bar, you can use the rings to quietly saw
through the obstruction. The saw takes 10 minutes to cut
through a 2-inch piece of wood or a 1-inch iron bar. A wire
saw can cut through items with hardness 10 or less. After
five uses, the abrasive wire is worn smooth and must be
replaced (costing 25 gp).
Adamantine Wire Saw: This works twice as fast as a normal
saw when cutting materials with hardness 10 or less, or at
normal speed when cutting materials with hardness 11–20.
Replacing an adamantine wire saw’s wire costs 145 gp.

I'll take an elaborate (art) ceremonial tea set.

Gwaihir Scout
March 5th, 2013, 03:06
OK, here's the folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6wkjygdnp9ngq40/ek_9G3zif8?m) with the chronicles and characters. Check them out, let me know of any changes needed (like a certain monk's free item) and I'll sign them.

Blackfoot
March 5th, 2013, 03:47
Stick and Zo both look good.

Mgrancey
March 5th, 2013, 06:13
Seems fine, though I believe I bought Anti-toxin and Anti-plague, though I didn't use either of them

Killian
March 5th, 2013, 12:28
Hey all sorry for the delay. I will also be purchasing the adamantine wire saw as my free item, everything else looks great.

Blackfoot
March 5th, 2013, 13:21
BTW.. just in case anyone was wondering.. Crafter's Fortune CAN be used for Day Job rolls, per Mike Brock (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pfsc?Day-Job-Question#18). It has a duration of over 1 day so it can be recast easily enough over the course of the Day Job roll if necessary, the assumption is that day jobs take place over multiple days.

Mgrancey
March 5th, 2013, 20:50
Hmm, musta changed that then, cause you didn't used to be able too.

Blackfoot
March 5th, 2013, 20:52
This thread is quite recent.. so possibly.
Most spells like 'Guidance' are short duration.. so it's a different deal.

Gwaihir Scout
March 6th, 2013, 05:12
OK, adjusted and signed.

Blackfoot
March 6th, 2013, 14:44
Oops. I made a minor error on Zo's sheet info. She has a boon so this was chronicle #8.

Gwaihir Scout
March 8th, 2013, 02:24
Glad I started keeping pre-signed copies. Fixed.

Blackfoot
March 8th, 2013, 02:26
Thanks. :)