PDA

View Full Version : Client Side Errors

Greygor
February 24th, 2013, 01:52
Hi,

I may be haunting the forums for the next few days as I've just finished my first Fantasy Grounds sessions.

1 player reported having trouble seeing a map. It never appeared for him no matter what I did my side.

I opened a second map and he and the rest of the players could see it. Checking the sharing icons at the bottom of the map all 4 players appeared on one but not the other.

He also saw these errors

Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete

Ruleset Warning: Font (toolbar_hud): Unable to initialize
Network Warning: Download error for file 'common.xml@PFRPG Basic Rules'; HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND

Network Warning: Download error for file 'common.xml@PFRPG Spells'; HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND

Runtime Error: Cache file write error: +C:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/data/cache/Rise of the Runelords/campaign.dat - campaign/CampaignRegistry.lua

Runtime Error: Cache file write error: +C:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/data/cache/Rise of the Runelords/campaign.dat - clientcharacters.xml

Runtime Error: Cache file write error: +C:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/data/cache/Rise of the Runelords/campaign.dat - campaign/modulestate.xml

Runtime Error: Cache file write error: +C:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/data/cache/Rise of the Runelords/campaign.dat - extensionstate.xml
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Are these common or obvious problems that I've caused?

Tiqon
February 24th, 2013, 08:39
Im pretty sure something have gone wrong when he logged in at first and his client had to get the files for the campaign. FG2 will push files to connected clients needed to join the campaign. Thats also why only you have to have the module. I have some weird problems once with a player where things did not show up in his client (on a char sheet), This was after I made some changed to their characters between games. I made him close down the client and delete his Cache. He reconnect and now it apparently did get the files ok because the problems was gone.

Try to get your player to delete what is in the folder C:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/data/cache/ and reconnect. You might want him to take a backup of the files and place them somewhere, just in case ;), but Im pretty sure this will be ok.

Greygor
February 24th, 2013, 09:33
Thanks for that, I'll get the player to try it.

There is also an issue when characters are opened

"Ruleset Error: Database type mismatch for 'dr' "

This is an imported char, problem with the XML?

Only happens when opened for the first time

Greygor
February 24th, 2013, 09:52
I'll take these questions to The House of Healing

damned
February 24th, 2013, 12:50
i know its in your signature - but its useful to spell out some other details when posting errors: operating system, 32 or 64bit, rule-set and any extensions loaded.

Trenloe
February 24th, 2013, 14:54
There is also an issue when characters are opened

"Ruleset Error: Database type mismatch for 'dr' "

This is an imported char, problem with the XML?

Only happens when opened for the first time
Are you using the character converter to import your characters? Is it this issue mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17396

What version of the converter are you using?

Greygor
February 26th, 2013, 12:02
Are you using the character converter to import your characters? Is it this issue mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17396

What version of the converter are you using?

I believe it's that issue but I'm having trouble finding where FG stores server character xml's

Trenloe
February 26th, 2013, 12:47
I believe it's that issue but I'm having trouble finding where FG stores server character xml's
The fix is actually in the csheet file used by the converter. What version of the converter are you using? The version number is found in the top right of the converter window.

Greygor
February 26th, 2013, 13:06
The fix is actually in the csheet file used by the converter. What version of the converter are you using? The version number is found in the top right of the converter window.

It says 2.9.2.A

Trenloe
February 26th, 2013, 17:15
OK, cool - that's the right version.

In the utilities directory where the character converter file is located there is a file called csheet_FantasyGrounds2_pc_3.5.xml. Edit this file a search for DR - and you will find this line:

<damagereduction type="number">|DR|</damagereduction>

Change the "number" entry to "string" (as shown in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17396) and save the file.

Then run the character converter and select PC Gen Sheets -> Install to default location. This installs the output specification file used by PC Gen.

Run PC Gen and output your character using this updated sheet.

Use the character converter as normal and hopefully the DR entry will now be a string and you won't get the error.

Greygor
February 26th, 2013, 17:25
OK, cool - that's the right version.

In the utilities directory where the character converter file is located there is a file called csheet_FantasyGrounds2_pc_3.5.xml. Edit this file a search for DR - and you will find this line:

<damagereduction type="number">|DR|</damagereduction>

Change the "number" entry to "string" (as shown in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17396) and save the file.

Then run the character converter and select PC Gen Sheets -> Install to default location. This installs the output specification file used by PC Gen.

Run PC Gen and output your character using this updated sheet.

Use the character converter as normal and hopefully the DR entry will now be a string and you won't get the error.

Okay

So after making the change for the cc, I take the XML files that the players sent me and run them through the character creator, but first noting anything they may have added during the first play session as I assume this process will overwrite everything.

Is this right?