PDA

View Full Version : New Ultimate License: No rulebooks in Library

Ryno_Noobslayer
February 22nd, 2013, 19:23
Hi all, my friends and I just bought an ultimate license which is supposed to come with 3.5, 4e and pathfinder but when we open the library on FG2 we have no books to allow us to create our characters or do anything really. Is there some other download we are missing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated since we were expecting to be able to actually use the program from the get go. I've watched videos on character creation that FG provided but that guy has all the player handbooks located in his library and can just drag and drop what he needs. We need that type of thing. Please help :confused:

JohnD
February 22nd, 2013, 19:48
Open the Library icon - at the bottom left you will see an Activate Module button. Click on that and "open" the books you as DM want to have available.

Drag a green lighting bolt symbol to the ones you want to load/open automatically for the players when they connect.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2013, 19:59
If you are looking specifically at 4E, Wizards of the Coast does not license any of their 4E data for dsitribution, so no one can legally distribute this data.

If you search for 4E parser on the forums, you will find a couple applications that our community has written to pull information from a DDI account into modules for Fantasy Grounds. These are the modules that you see in the videos, and what most 4E users have done. This approach is also used in other products needing 4E data, like Hero Lab.

For 3.5E and Pathfinder data, anything that is available in the SRD can be included. All the core rulebooks for both 3.5E and Pathfinder are included with the base FG download.

Regards,
JPG