PDA

View Full Version : Magic World is out!

S Ferguson
February 21st, 2013, 16:46
Self contained, and powered by the beloved BRP system, Magic World has finally been released, and is quite the impresive product. Does this qualify for a BRP update, or what?

Alchemister
February 21st, 2013, 18:44
I would like to see this one as well. Have PDF, and integration into the rule set would be fantastic.

S Ferguson
February 21st, 2013, 18:58
Finally they have a unique, cohesive setting that brings back the days of early Runequest. You were right. They take their time (mostly because they release primarily Cthulhu products - Britannica and Atomic were released simultaneously) but the wait was well worth it.

tooley1chris
October 28th, 2014, 17:38
Finally they have a unique, cohesive setting that brings back the days of early Runequest. You were right. They take their time (mostly because they release primarily Cthulhu products - Britannica and Atomic were released simultaneously) but the wait was well worth it.

Then all we heard was crickets....
I'm smiling next to you in silent lucidity.
Would throw my money at the BRP set if they upgrade to Magic World. Love the system.

gamemasterbob
February 16th, 2016, 03:04
Magic World +1

gamemasterbob
March 20th, 2016, 04:08
In my opinion Magic World has greater potential than Runequest. I live in the US and I use imperial measurements. Magic World is imperial. Pound, inches, miles! I prefer this since this is what I know. Swapping yards for meters is common but miles vs Kilometers is a big difference! Also in RQ the dance and sing skills bothered me. I never understood why they were core. Optional OK. With MW you get the BRP skill makeup with fantasy skills too. By the way part of my livelihood is singing. I love to sing. I just could not wrap my mind around why sing and dance were CORE skills. I know it's the culture of the game world. It just NEVER was used in my game. It's like the game said "You brave warrior - along with your greatsword and healing potions don't forget your tutu and honey spray". Anyway...lol...Magic World. Good game. I have it. I recommend it.

Springroll
August 3rd, 2016, 16:50
I'd love to see Magic World as an FG module with the bells and whistles of 3.x of the Core RPG Ruleset, I'd settle for BRP to be updated as well :)

damned
August 4th, 2016, 01:55
I'd love to see Magic World as an FG module with the bells and whistles of 3.x of the Core RPG Ruleset, I'd settle for BRP to be updated as well :)

I think you will see some news/action on the BRP front pretty soon...

Springroll
August 4th, 2016, 13:28
Oh, thats great news! :)

CrossRoads
August 5th, 2016, 11:44
Indeed, it is great news. I am looking forward to it. :)

hawkwind
August 5th, 2016, 11:48
+1 to that

Azaran
August 12th, 2016, 22:27

Great news! thanks for the nugget o' wisdom damned :)

gamemasterbob
October 22nd, 2016, 06:58
Just saw this about BRP news. I'm watching and waiting. Keep us posted.

hawkwind
January 6th, 2017, 17:49
any news on the BRP/runequest front?

damned
January 6th, 2017, 23:28
nope. none. rulesets arrive when they arrive....

Zhern
January 13th, 2017, 16:27
I wonder if we'll ever see Mythras or any of the other The Design Mechanism content? I can hope!

bestellen
March 9th, 2017, 13:44
In my opinion Magic World has greater potential than Runequest.

FlightlessScotsman
March 10th, 2017, 08:27
I love Magic World (Elric!/Stormbringer), but Chaosium is pretty much all in on Runequest at this point and have shown no interest whatsoever in MW. Oh well, I'm happy to keep using it and hopefully the new version of RuneQuest and/or BRP for FG will be editable and mod-able like BRP is now.