PDA

View Full Version : Forming New Pathfinder Group.

Caebhin
February 20th, 2013, 06:56
We are forming a new group to play non PFS Pathfinder. Game play will be on FG2 with Skype for communicating among players and GM. Time will be Tuesdays 7:30 p.m. central for roughly 3 hours. Other days and times may be added when the group can make it. Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Advanced Player's Guide as the principal framework for game play--other expansions to be considered as needed.

Have: Fighter L8 and Sorcerer/Inquisitor L7/1
Need: GM and 2-3 PCs levels 6 to 9

Please read the description of the desired group below:

We are looking for a group that stays together from one adventure/campaign to the next with no, or minimal, player changes. If you commit to a session, be there. Jokes and banter IC and OOC are okay so long as it doesn't impede or distract from game play. Let's make some new friends and have a lot of good times.

altona
February 27th, 2013, 04:16
Hello, Id be interested in joining for your game.

Mgrancey
February 27th, 2013, 08:39
what are plans/goal for campaign, since you seem to have players already at least level 6.

Caebhin
March 2nd, 2013, 01:46
The purpose/goal of this group is primarily good fun and comradery. We also want to play Pathfinder in a semi-serious atmosphere where OOC comments don't reach the point that they distract from the game. We also expect people to be mature and responsible enough to make the game time.

The object for the characters would be to play, as a mostly unchanging group, from campaign to campaign until level 20 (and maybe beyond). As for the players, our old group would occasionally take a break from Pathfinder and play another system from time to time. This served to give the GM a chance to play and the rest of us to have a change of scenery. If this group would like to take the occasional break, we could vote on it between adventures.

What we hope to NOT happen is to be in the position of having characters we love playing, with no GM or group in the future. I am not a fan of the 'casual encounter' scenarios that seem to dominate PFS play. If that was what we wanted, we would be on WoW, or waiting for Pathfinder online... ugh.

I hope this helps explain a little more of what we hope to accomplish here. If you have 'orphaned' characters, or just want to roll up a new character to level 6, this is for you.

Mgrancey
March 2nd, 2013, 03:05
Sorry, didn't seem to define question right.

I meant plot wise and such, just various different short term adventures (like Paizo Modules) or did group want a larger over-arcing campaign (like an adventure path).

Do you have a preferred world such as Golarion, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Greyhawk, etc.

And has anyone stepped up as GM. Sadly too busy to pickup regularly running another right now.

Caebhin
March 2nd, 2013, 03:19
For the over all setting, a more adventure path. As for the campaign setting, that is really for the group and the GM to decide. Maybe not on a campaign by campaign basis, though. I'm assuming Golarion to start. Our last group was in Ravenloft when our GM took a powder on us. I am open to what ever backdrop the GM wants--within reason. The only thing I have to say that I am 100% against is guns (play Savage Worlds if that is what you want). But, fire arms do not belong in a fantasy setting like Pathfinder IMHO.

Do you have any preference as to a starting point or backdrop? Our characters were in Ravenloft and I have a retcon that can put us anywhere. Are you wanting to play an existing character or roll up?

Caebhin
March 2nd, 2013, 03:24
side note... I am not against guns or Savage worlds. Just that a D&D type game with guns is a bit far from my paradigms. And, I have the Savage Worlds player guide ordered.

Mgrancey
March 2nd, 2013, 03:42
I'd be interested in joining my bigger question would be psionics over guns.

Its a couple of months (May) before I'm likely to have enough free time to GM a 2nd group. This semester was supposed to be nice and easy, but has turned into very much a nightmare.

Caebhin
March 3rd, 2013, 04:55
I haven't read the psionics stuff yet. I guess it would all depend on how wild or ridiculous the rules let it get. Jedis in Pathfinder??? No. A monk type prestige class at level 17+ that can put a bitch slap on you from 30 feet away... maybe. Those are rules that the group can decide on before a PC takes on that class. Or, the DM could take a poll before bringing in an adversary with powers far in excess of other magic or supernatural abilities. I guess what I'm saying is does it fit the setting. Again, I haven't come across that situation yet and would like to familiarize myself with the rules first. And, I think it should be a group consensus on the use/affect.

What is your opinion of psionics? Have you dealt with them yet?

Mgrancey
March 3rd, 2013, 06:32
For psionics I would want to play a soulknife, maybe a constructionist, depending on how it works as I haven't really looked at psionics as I mainly play PFS and psionics are third party.