PDA

View Full Version : 8th level fighter and 8th level sorceror looking for pathfinder game...

myersjm
February 19th, 2013, 02:01
my friend and i are looking to join a pathfinder game...but we are level 8. we are on central time. excepting tuesdays, we could play all other evenings from 6p to 10p. tuesdays would have to start at 730p. hope we can help!

JohnD
February 19th, 2013, 03:40
If you're referring to a Pathfinder Society game, you should make the distinction.

Usually for an ongoing campaign, most (99.9999999999999999999999999999999999998%) of DMs will want a campaign specific PC, not something taken from "outside" and brought in.

myersjm
February 19th, 2013, 04:03
i am not looking for a PF Society game...or anything specific. My friend and I only want to play for fun. But we want to be a part of a group who want to have fun...but are also reliable. Too may bad experiences with no shows. We are players, not GM's. If we like what the GM wants, we would respect his rules, and like to join.

Caebhin
February 19th, 2013, 20:35
That you have GM'ed since the dawn of time, without having a player leave, is probably NOT what 99.99999999999999999999999999999% GMs experience. GMs AND players--not PCs--that have lives outside of their parent's basements have life changes; job changes, family changes, etc.

What we are hoping to do is find a group, between campaigns, that has either lost players or would like a bigger party (from 3 PCs to 5 for example). Or, find 2 or 3 other PEOPLE with PCs at or near our level and GM who want to play.

For what you are interpreting this post as, would be best served by an NPC. We are NOT looking for NPC temp jobs.

JohnD
February 19th, 2013, 20:48
I think what we have here... is a failure... to communicate.

PFS games lend themselves to people bringing in "their" characters to a communal game on (generally speaking) a "one off" adventure. Players part ways after the game is over, and may very well gather again the next time an adventure is scheduled, but it isn't guaranteed.

If you are looking for an ongoing campaign to join, then odds are the DM will want you to create PCs specific to his/her game environment, rather than try to integrate a pair of established characters which could very well have been created and played under an extremely different environment than the game they are joining (+4 magic items being "standard" vs. +2 for example).

Nowhere did I say anything about not experiencing the flakier side of gaming... not sure where you interpreted that from my post (or the "NPC" crack... where the heck did that come from?!). Also not sure where the attitude comes from or why but good luck in your search. :/

Caebhin
February 19th, 2013, 21:26
As it is... we may be a people separated by a common language. No attitude is intended in the following:

We know about PFS games. We only said a Pathfinder game in the original post. True, this could cause some confusion. But, Pathfinder is all we are interested in; not, PFS and ever changing rules.

Your reply implied that a GM wants a specific character per campaign. This is what we want to avoid. A GM only looking for a Rogue or a Fighter to have a good balance in the next campaign is like NPC temp work. Balance is great. A party of 4 fighters isn't going to do as well when meat cleavers aren't required.

A good GM can take a party that may not be as rounded, and make it fun for everyone. And that is what we are looking for: playing book rules Pathfinder with a group of fun, responsible adults. We also like our characters as we have developed them and want to continue on with play as our PCs.

genjuro_zero
February 19th, 2013, 23:25
I think what JohnD is saying is that many times a GM will want a player to play a character who hasn't been created prior to the outset of the game - but instead prefers his or her players to design the PC for the specific campaign and/or gameworld that the GM wishes to run.

myersjm
February 20th, 2013, 03:54
if that is in fact what JohnD was thinking, then he didn't need to respond to our thread, as we aren't anything he's interested in. either we find a group to join...or we don't. it really is that simple.

JohnD
February 20th, 2013, 04:01
I'll let my posting history speak for me.

I was trying to be helpful... something that seems to have escaped both of you in favor of taking offense in a manner that is, frankly, quite confusing and perplexing.

Anyways, good luck finding a game. I predict nothing but success lies ahead of you.

myersjm
February 20th, 2013, 04:30
good luck to you, as well, JohnD.