PDA

View Full Version : Card Mods

trenth99
February 18th, 2013, 18:53
Hey guys, Besides the Savage - Adventure Deck addition, and DrZeus's Fortune Decks are there any other card modifications that are available? Or videos of the Fortune Decks? I want to customize some cards and use them in FG like you would a deck of boardgame cards. I would also like to have multiple decks at once if possible.

Also, has anyone been able to customize dice to be more like Descent dice, in the sense that they have different symbols on their faces? Just curious, ive been away from FG2 for a little while now. Thanks guys

-Leb

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2013, 09:22
Since the decks are completely implemented in ruleset code, you should be able to view the ruleset/extension code for the cards and use it to make multiple decks. However, it does require ruleset coding work.

The physical 3D dice graphics can not be customized, but I saw that the WFRP ruleset that was available on the wiki (before wiki crashed) used customers custom die fonts and die definitions to show dice results with non-numerical symbols. Dice customizations are not typically the most requested feature, though fudge dice will be added soon. Vote for your favorite feature requests via th slink in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 19th, 2013, 16:07
Also, has anyone been able to customize dice to be more like Descent dice, in the sense that they have different symbols on their faces?
Have a look at the Warhammer Fantasy 3 ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14280

You can't customise the numbers on the dice faces as they roll, but you can use the results of dice rolls to show custom symbols - like the WFRP3 ruleset does.

S Ferguson
February 19th, 2013, 17:35
Yep. Major coding here, but as Trenloe said above, there is the WFRP 3e set that uses alternative dice, but on a simpler level there are the FATE dice. On a historical note, dice were assumed to be used for divnaiatory purposes before cards anyway. Personally, I use extenal free programs from Chaotic Shiny Productions, which have freely available fortune tellers, die rollers, critical wound management and even zombie descriptions. Yes. Zombie descriptions. They *don't* all look the same. So it's a handy product.... exunt stage left.