PDA

View Full Version : How to import Characters locally

sehmerus
February 18th, 2013, 05:09
Ok so a player of mine had upgraded his computer and reinstalled FG2, his character is saved on my server, we both have DM clients. I can export his character in an XML file. But when he goes into his manage characters option of FG2 he cant seem to figure out how to import it to his Locally saves and created characters so that he can continue modifying the character between sessions (leveling up and such) when we right click in the character menu all we get in the LOCAL CHARACTER set up is the ability to export characters, but i see no option to import. He can import it if he creates a server, but then it saves in his server and doesnt access that character in his "LOCAL CHARACTERS" mode (or manage characters i think its called) is there a way to import characters into this mode? if not please add this ability in future upgrades so that people can have more control of their characters.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 13:44
What ruleset are you using?

The character converter allows a local import mode for 3.5E, Pathfinder and 4E - simply load up your character XML in the character converter, select local import and press Convert!

Then load up manage characters for the ruleset you are using and the character will be there - do not run the converter while you are already in manage characters.

If you didn't know, the converter is available in <FG app data directory>\utilities.