PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Party Sheet/Character Sheet

Stargrove
February 18th, 2013, 03:09
I noticed that the party Sheet for the Pathfinder Ruleset does not list the Perception skill that replaced the still listed Spot, Listen, and Search. I also noted that Spot, Listen, and Search are still listed on the character sheet.

My question is, is there any way to get this fixed?

James

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 03:34
Sounds like you're running a game in 3.5E mode and not PFRPG mode.

When you start a 3.5E campaign for the first time or load Manage Characters for 3.5E it will ask you to select PFRPG or 3.5E.

If you are in a campaign already, go to Options and change the system from 3.5E to PFRPG.

Stargrove
February 18th, 2013, 03:54
I know I chose Pathfinder when it asked me, but it was showing 3.5e in the options. When I clicked on it, it gave me an error window. I left my Campaign, went back in, and now it looks ok. Thanks.

James

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 04:08
Are you running any extensions? Do not run any of the old Pathfinder extensions meant for the old d20 ruleset.

By-the-way: did you go to Genghis Con this weekend?

Stargrove
February 18th, 2013, 04:18
I am only running extensions that I just downloaded from the Pathfinder area of the forums. Is there any way to know which ones are ok to use?

I have not been to any sort of Con here in Denver since the late 90s and that was StarCon with my wife.

James

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 04:25
I am only running extensions that I just downloaded from the Pathfinder area of the forums. Is there any way to know which ones are ok to use?
The ones from the extensions "sticky" thread are OK.

I have not been to any sort of Con here in Denver since the late 90s and that was StarCon with my wife.
There was a convention at the Red Lion Hotel in Aurora this weekend - I played and ran Pathfinder society, it was a good convention all round...

Greygor
February 20th, 2013, 21:52
Hi,

I may have a similar issue.

When creating a character the seems to be no where to put combat weapons other than the Inventory

Have I screwed up my install :(

Trenloe
February 20th, 2013, 22:08
Hi,

I may have a similar issue.

When creating a character the seems to be no where to put combat weapons other than the Inventory

Have I screwed up my install :(
Do you have a weapons section in the "Actions" tab? Right click on the "Weapons" title and select "Add weapon". Or, drag a weapon from the rules library and drop it on the weapons section - this will also create the entry in the inventory; if the weapon can be used both ranged and in melee then it will create 2 entries in the actions tab - the axe or arrows icon next to the name identifies whether the entry is for melee or ranged, respectively.

EDIT: See the Player Guide - Gameplay -> Character Sheet -> Weapons section in the left hand menu bar in the 3.5E user guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/player_charsheet_35E.xcp

When you select an entry in the user guide it often opens more sub-sections in the left menu bar.

Greygor
February 21st, 2013, 10:34
Do you have a weapons section in the "Actions" tab? Right click on the "Weapons" title and select "Add weapon". Or, drag a weapon from the rules library and drop it on the weapons section - this will also create the entry in the inventory; if the weapon can be used both ranged and in melee then it will create 2 entries in the actions tab - the axe or arrows icon next to the name identifies whether the entry is for melee or ranged, respectively.

EDIT: See the Player Guide - Gameplay -> Character Sheet -> Weapons section in the left hand menu bar in the 3.5E user guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/player_charsheet_35E.xcp

When you select an entry in the user guide it often opens more sub-sections in the left menu bar.

Hi I think it's just my unfamiliarity with the interface. i just need to play around more (and watch some more tutorials) :)

gmkieran
February 21st, 2013, 20:07
Just started using 3.5 (been playing 4e) and I ran into some unexpected behavior with the weapons entries on the Actions tab and the Inventory tab. I was setting up multiple Actions for the same weapon to handle special attack/damage situations (feats that allow additional attacks, special damage types, etc). Each time I dragged the weapon onto the Actions tab to create a new entry, it also created another entry on the Inventory tab and deleting the Inventory entry deleted the Actions tab entry. So, now I have all my attack actions, but I also have 4 extra inventory items that I've had to remove from my encumbrance calculations and have to scroll through when looking at my sheet. Did I do something wrong in creating the additional Action entries or is this expected behavior from the interface?

Trenloe
February 21st, 2013, 20:10
This is expected behaviour if you drag a weapon entry from a module into the interface it will create the weapon entry and the inventory entry for you.

Malkavian_Andi
February 21st, 2013, 22:54
Another way to handle special manoevers and/or attack modes is by creating effects you can apply to yourself when using the appropriate attack mode. For example, if you use the Power Attack feat, the effect would look like this:

Power Attack; ATK: -1; DMG: 2

Just prepare those effect as a spellcasting class (those don't have to be actual spellcasting classes) and name that class "combat" or something similar that explains what sort of effect there are.
Add "spells" for every attack mode that you plan to use, adding an effect as a spell action. Be sure to change the top left box from "target" to "self" and create a duration of 1 round.
That way, you only have to double click on your effect and you get your modifiers. Then, you attack with the one weapon entry you have for your weapon.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2013, 23:22
I use a mixture of additional weapons and effects. There are some things effects can't cover (e.g. additional attacks, damage types) so I cover these off with additional weapon entries. OK, so it results in multiple entries in the inventory, but I live with that... :)

gmkieran
February 22nd, 2013, 16:01
Thanks for the responses! Atm I don't have any feats that seem like the spell class solution will work for them, but I'll keep it in mind. Kind of a bummer about the inventory mess, but oh, well.

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2013, 21:13
Thanks for the responses! Atm I don't have any feats that seem like the spell class solution will work for them, but I'll keep it in mind. Kind of a bummer about the inventory mess, but oh, well.
If you don't like the multiple inventory items you can manually enter weapons with the values you want. A little bit of overhead, but doesn't create the inventory item...