PDA

View Full Version : FG Genreal Use

Stargrove
February 18th, 2013, 00:15
I have some general questions...

1) I have a character that I created in HeroLab and after importing him into FG I have noticed a difference in total armor class. FG gave the character in question an additional +1 for a shield he does not have. Easily adjusted, but I did not comb through the char sheet yet to see if anything else did not quite match up. Has anyone else noticed small inconsistencies like this?

2) How does FG handle Two-weapon fighting? Is there a way to set this up properly?

3) The combat tracker is still a bit confusing. I dragged a few Goblins in to test with and a few characters. The Goblins have their various attacks detailed in the area when I click the little sword. The characters have nothing. How do I, or can I, get the character attacks into that menu? Even though the players cannot see that same info, would be nice if it showed up for the GM.

4) In the Actions tab on a character sheet I found that I could drag a tiny dragon icon from a mini version of my inventory to the small square to the right of a given weapon? Does this serve a purpose other than for quick reference?

5) Is there a way to end a combat once it is concluded?

James

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 03:47
There is the odd inconsistency in importing a character from Hero Lab. Although I've never seen it adding anything to shield. Preview your character in HL and see if HL is adding the shield bonus. But, like any parser/converter, you should always check to see if the information has ported across OK.
FG doesn't handle it automatically. You need to set 2 weapon fighting as separate weapon entries in the actions tab or setup an effect to modify your 2 weapon rolls - but, you'd have to roll each weapon separately.
The GM can click the link on the right of a PC entry in the CT (Combat Tracker) and bring up their character sheet, they can make rolls from the character sheet if they want to or review the attack/defence info.
The dragon shows that there is a link that can be clicked on. On the actions tab this will usually be if the weapon has additional statistics and you can view them - this usually results from a weapon being dragged from the rules module.
Right click on the menu icon and choose one or more of the options in there - delete foes from the CT, reset effects, etc.

Stargrove
February 18th, 2013, 04:11
Thanks again Trenloe. Good to see someone else here from the Denver area.

James