PDA

View Full Version : Is port changing option (-p) broken

Ikael
February 16th, 2013, 19:08
I have tried to use this -p paramter to start FGII in hope it would use different port, but no luck thus far. I have been reading lots of sources how it should be done but the opened port is always 1802 no matter what I do.

I am using Windows 7 Home and below is how I am launching my FGII application:
"C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGrounds.exe" -p 2222

I have tried this with FGII v2.92 and v2.93 test version. Could other double-check this out too?

unerwünscht
February 16th, 2013, 19:13
I was trying to help Ikael, and encountered the same issue. Also on Win 7 but pro 32bit and 64bit.

damned
February 16th, 2013, 23:16
confirmed the same on W8 x64
more likely it broke with 2.9 or something than a particular version of windows....

Zeus
February 17th, 2013, 00:14
Not sure but it may have been removed when UPNP support was added. Hopefully JPG can confirm.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2013, 02:58
A quick look at the code implies that it should be working, but I have not tested it recently.

One thing I noticed. The correct format is -p#### (i.e. without a space between -p and the port number).

JPG

unerwünscht
February 17th, 2013, 04:08
A quick look at the code implies that it should be working, but I have not tested it recently.

One thing I noticed. The correct format is -p#### (i.e. without a space between -p and the port number).

JPG

Confirmed, removing the space corrected the issue for me. Not sure how I managed to miss that before.

Ikael
February 17th, 2013, 09:27
I can also confirm that this fixes the issue! Thanks alot! I hope this information could be update to Networking FAQs and to all non-official support pages