PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play Call of Cthulhu?

Isembard
February 15th, 2013, 21:59
Just a post to ask the question does anyone still play Call of Cthulhu? I'm currently running a campaign that I'm enjoying very much. Looking at the forums all the rulesets have fairly active posting with the exception of CoC and Arcana. Just wondered if there was much of a Fantasy Grounds Cthulhu community out there. I certainly hope there is!

Insanity
February 16th, 2013, 03:19
I am currently running a game as well, and know of one that may start in the neat future.

S Ferguson
February 16th, 2013, 23:02
Actually the CoC spinoff, BRP gets less than them all, but I do run a Call of Cthulhu game every other weekend (don't even begin to ask about the scheduling). and know of at least 2 others that also run games. Chaosium products are kind of a quiet thing here, I guess....

Isembard
February 17th, 2013, 15:59
I'm pleased to see that games are still going on. I'm really enjoying the game I recently started running and thought to see who was also playing.
I guess I'm just a bit jealous of some of the great updates / extensions other rulesets get.

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 16:21
Just proves that the original ruleset stands on it's own.:D Actually as soon as I get more programming experience on some of the other rules, I want to start tackling CoC/BRP.

Isembard
February 17th, 2013, 17:26
That's true. I'm happy with the original ruleset and it is improved by GMBazUK's extension. There isn't a huge amount I'd like to see added but you can't help looking with envy at the great work Ikael is doing for Savage Worlds. I mean having the ability to create Library modules with ease would be great!

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 17:44
Mmmm. Yes the glitter in the other game systems is a lot prettier, but I don't think it makes the game. The overhaul in Savage Worlds required at lot of coordination between the ruleset developer and Ikeal. Besides, a little prep work never killed anyone (drove them to Arkham mabye, but...). In Gm'ing the game I've found it's the VOIP that counts, and interacting with the players, rather than nifty features.

And if you want to build a library, quickly, there is a You-Tube video floating around that shows you how to do this. Everything else, extension or not, is done the old fashioned way. From pen and paper to game.

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 17:46
But don't get me wrong. I like the extension too. I wish it was developed more too.:D