PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker Advice

idyork101
February 15th, 2013, 07:56
So like many others, I've decided I'm interested in running Kingmaker for a few friends of mine and I've scoured a lot of the paizo boards for information and advice. The one thing I see as a big deal for kingmaker specifically in fantasy grounds is the huge amount of prep work and I'd love any advice towards running kingmaker in FG or any advice at all in terms of making things a bit easier on my end if possible

Willot
February 15th, 2013, 09:01
Well Not so much kingmaker but using FGII in general... Shortcuts. Copy and place the maps in your FGII folder (campaign/images) and place shortcut pins (you have to turn them on in the radial menu on that map image) which link back to story board entries or encounters.

Also as shortcuts have tool tip popups on them. If you have say a door to break down just put all the stats for the door in the TITLE of the short cut. That way as you mouse over the pins on your map the stats for the door(or whatever) just pop up as a tool tip.

Trenloe
February 15th, 2013, 15:03
As Kingmaker is a sandbox adventure path, the PCs can head off in any direction so there is a lot of up-front preparation. I don't think there is more than the usual adventure paths, you just have to have more prepared in Fantasy Grounds at the beginning as you're not sure where the PCs will head off. You'll also need some generic wilderness maps (plains, hills, forests, etc.) to cover any random encounters that the PCs may come across.

There are at least a couple of GMs on these boards who have ran/are running Kingmaker who may comment more (no spoilers please!) around this...

Leonal
February 16th, 2013, 05:04
I used these map packs to great effect when no map was given in the adventures.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=DGA030
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=DGA031

Other than inputting NPC stats and extracting maps from the AP I did no prep work in FG (but that goes for all adventures I run). I used CC3 to create and detail the Stolen Lands map as they progressed.