PDA

View Full Version : Looking to play a M&M game

Lyconius
February 13th, 2013, 16:56
Im new to mutants and Masterminds, but I am stoked to play!!! anyone have an opening???

DrakosDJ
February 13th, 2013, 19:45
Im new to mutants and Masterminds, but I am stoked to play!!! anyone have an opening???
Unfortuneatly, as far as I have seen advertised, noone is curently running a Mutants and Masterminds game. Someone mentioned in December, I think, that they were considering running a M&M game after the holidays, but nothing so far.

I have only been in three M&M games run using the FG II rulset, one was at last years virtual Convention (this years is in the planning), a rerun of the Convention game, and finally a regular weekly game that ended up only playing one session.

I've been into the M&M system since first edition, so I might be able to answer game play questions. The current edition is third, and that is the edition the FG II ruleset was designed for.

Character generation is point based, where you start with a basic character with average stats and no powers, then you spend a pool of points (pool size determined by the person GM'ing the game) to enhance your character and buy Abilities, Saves, Skills, Advantages, Powers, and Equipment. This character generation is fairly common in the gamming field these days, and moreso in supers games such as M&M, Champions, GURPS Supers, etc...

I saw in another thread that you have played Marvel before (although you didn't say which version), so what other supers games have you tried?

Lyconius
February 13th, 2013, 22:04
marvel is actually the only superhero tabletop I have played. I'm not sure what version it was... an old one haha