PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Updater

gohatwoono
February 11th, 2013, 03:31
I'm having a problem where the updater launches and updates the program, but after updating, fantasygrounds fails to launch. The only options it gives me are settings, update, and close.
Does anyone know whats wrong?

Griogre
February 11th, 2013, 18:53
Check to see that your anti-virus didn't quarantine part of the download. Also, try downloading the updater from the website in the downloads section, run it and see if it works any better.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2013, 06:55
It sounds like you are running the web installer program again after installing. Make sure to run FG from the Start Menu.

Regards,
JPG

Greygor
February 20th, 2013, 22:42
Hi

How do you reinstall

I add to change things around on my machine, selected uninstall from the start menu.

I now have the same issue as the OP and FG no longer in the start menu

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2013, 01:14
Fantasy Grounds should install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\ (on 64-bit OS) or "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\" (on 32-bit OS).

The web installer / updater determines whether the program is "installed" by verifying whether the "FantasyGrounds.exe" file is in the program directory. To force a re-install, delete the "FantasyGrounds.exe" file and run the web installer or updater again. When you start it, the center button should read "Install" instead of "Update".

If the center button reads "Install", then the installer/updater will add the FG shortcuts to the Start Menu as part of the update process.

Regards,
JPG

Greygor
February 21st, 2013, 10:32
Fantasy Grounds should install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\ (on 64-bit OS) or "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\" (on 32-bit OS).

The web installer / updater determines whether the program is "installed" by verifying whether the "FantasyGrounds.exe" file is in the program directory. To force a re-install, delete the "FantasyGrounds.exe" file and run the web installer or updater again. When you start it, the center button should read "Install" instead of "Update".

If the center button reads "Install", then the installer/updater will add the FG shortcuts to the Start Menu as part of the update process.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks everything seems okay now