PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG Complete Paizo Magic Items bug

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 01:25
Hey all,

So I put this mod into the modules folder and added it to a new campaign. I opened the book icon and set it to "Force Load" for players. I logged in with a local test player and went to that library module, randomly picked a few items and tried to drag-and-drop them into my inventory. They always show up as "unidentified item" and none of their stats/text carries over.

I also tried dragging-and-dropping as GM. Same deal.

Is it something I am doing?

I believe this is the mod created by Trenloe.

Willot
February 11th, 2013, 01:28
Hey all,

So I put this mod into the modules folder and added it to a new campaign. I opened the book icon and set it to "Force Load" for players. I logged in with a local test player and went to that library module, randomly picked a few items and tried to drag-and-drop them into my inventory. They always show up as "unidentified item" and none of their stats/text carries over.

I also tried dragging-and-dropping as GM. Same deal.

Is it something I am doing?

I believe this is the mod created by Trenloe.

If your using the GM window you will notice in the bottom right corner of the item window is a circle with ID with a red cross through it. Unlock (the bottom left) and change to Green ID and players with know what it is.

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 01:37
If your using the GM window you will notice in the bottom right corner of the item window is a circle with ID with a red cross through it. Unlock (the bottom left) and change to Green ID and players with know what it is.

I just tried this, but can't unlock any item at all. I click, double-click, and right-click on the lock. No go. The ID is never uncrossed and my test player can't see the item.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2013, 02:37
I'm travelling this next week but will try to look into this sometime soon.

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 16:52
I'm travelling this next week but will try to look into this sometime soon.

Thank you sir

Trenloe
February 12th, 2013, 04:37
You can't unlock the item directly from the module - it's very hard to see but the lock has a slight red tinge to it which means it is read only and can't be unlocked.

Either drag the item from the module to the items list, unlock and identify; or drag the item to the inventory of a PC and you'll be able to unlock and identify there too. This is because copies are made of the item when you drag them to items or a PC and so you are allowed to change the copy, not the base item in the library.

This is exactly the same for creatures - you can't unlock and modify then directly from the library module, you have to drag them to the NPC list and then unlock the copy there.

JohnD
February 12th, 2013, 11:21
Working as intended in other words. :)

Trenloe
February 12th, 2013, 21:54
Looking at the original 3.5E magic items included with FG I see that it is setup as GM only (the data is stored in db.xml in the module). I used this module as the basis for the Paizo magic items module, but made it client.xml so if could be deployed on players PCs and used in building characters in "Manage Characters". However, I think, since then there have been some changes to how items are processed so it may need to be adjusted somehow to make it work better for player use...

Emrak
February 13th, 2013, 00:09
Ooooh the ID/unlock for the player is after doubleclicking the little icon to the right of the Unidentified Item!

Thanks for the help.