PDA

View Full Version : What are tables used for?

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 00:43
Hey all,

Can someone give me a brief walkthrough on how/what I would use the "tables" option for? I mean, not just for my own personal GM organization, but how it would be used in game?

Thanks! :)

P.S.--Also, how can I add in "encounters" in a PF campaign? Trying to convert a module into an FG campaign and failing. :-/

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 01:11
Everyone probably thinks I'm a total n00b...sigh... lol

Willot
February 11th, 2013, 01:18
Mostly GM Stuff

01-50 Zombie Attacks!
51-100 Zombie Falls in love with some girl and comes back to life!

see here this module uses tables

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgOUZQbmlDME5Yem8/edit?usp=sharing

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 01:27
Mostly GM Stuff

01-50 Zombie Attacks!
51-100 Zombie Falls in love with some girl and comes back to life!

see here this module uses tables

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgOUZQbmlDME5Yem8/edit?usp=sharing

Gotcha. Thanks for the info! I was just over thinking it. :)

Moving right along...do you know of a way to create "encounters" in the PF ruleset? I see them in the video tutorials, but I believe the host is using the 4E ruleset.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2013, 02:46
Moving right along...do you know of a way to create "encounters" in the PF ruleset? I see them in the video tutorials, but I believe the host is using the 4E ruleset.
Do you see the "Encounters" tab on the right side of the NPC list window?

Click in that and follow the 4e video- create a new encounter, and drag NPCs to it, change the number of each NPC, assign tokens if you haven't already, drag each token to its location on a al.

Then, when you're ready to play, open the encounter and click the arrow at the bottom - this will load the NPCs to the combat tracker and their tokens to the map. If you have the option for auto rolling initiative set it will do that for you.

Emrak
February 11th, 2013, 02:55
Do you see the "Encounters" tab on the right side of the NPC list window?

Click in that and follow the 4e video- create a new encounter, and drag NPCs to it, change the number of each NPC, assign tokens if you haven't already, drag each token to its location on a al.

Then, when you're ready to play, open the encounter and click the arrow at the bottom - this will load the NPCs to the combat tracker and their tokens to the map. If you have the option for auto rolling initiative set it will do that for you.

I'm a n00b.

Thanks for this Trenloe! Amazingly, despite us using FG2 for a couple years now, we really only scratched the surface of much of its functionality.