PDA

View Full Version : Stability Issues

spacce1889
February 11th, 2013, 00:10
I am running a game with 9 PCs on version 2.9.2. I have improved it by removing all ext, almost all mods and greatly reduce my tokens, but still having problem. Last game I had every one place the same most recent 3.5 Enhance Image ext and 3 of them could only the bottom layer image. they are all at my house when we play so i know they got the right file and put it in the right folder. Does anyone have any more advice or does the program just not stand up to that many players well.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2013, 02:53
You're talking specifically about this one issue with the enhanced images extension right? Not a blanket "the program doesn't stand up to that many players well" comment?

The issue you describe is a known issue with the enhanced images extension and is mentioned in the know issues list in the 3.5e enhanced images extension thread - post #1. Sorry, I'm on my phone and can't post the link easily.

spacce1889
February 11th, 2013, 05:27
Unfortunately no. I generally have the program crash once per game and a couple of ten seconds lockups.

JohnD
February 11th, 2013, 16:03
Can you list your system specs?

I've had the occasional crash, but if everyone was experiencing this "once per game" I doubt we'd have only heard from you.

Lockups sounds like it might be a resource issue.

Griogre
February 11th, 2013, 18:57
Does it happen with the Enhanced images extension turned off? Like Tennloe says it sounds like a known issue. Don't use it a game and see it solves your problems.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2013, 04:21
The known issue I was referring to is players only seeing the bottom layer of an enhanced images map (happens when players close the image and then open it again from the images list while the GM still has the map open).

Crashes usually occur when the memory use of FG gets too large - if you are running on a 32-bit operating system this will happen around 1.8GB, the app simply disappears. If you're running on a 64-bit operating system this will occur closer to 4GB memory use. Keep and eye on the memory being used by FG and if the crash occurs around the above mentioned values then that is your issue - reduce the items that are memory hogs in FG to keep memory down or upgrade to a 64-bit OS if you're hitting the 1.8 GB limit.

Slow response and locks can be caused by a number of things - one common on is when a player connects to the GM and starts downloading the campaign data. Keep and eye on the chat window when there is a slow down and see if it is caused by a player disconnecting and connecting again.

spacce1889
February 12th, 2013, 05:30
I have an 8 gig 64. I run two sessions a DM's and a player's for projector. I have a second computer I use as a file share that people leave their hero lab files that I import and download the ext and mod files for the game. All the maps used are in a mod file. I have limit the mod files to 10 and turn off all ext, but i still have problem.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2013, 13:22
Please check the 2 items I mentioned above when you are next playing - memory usage causing crashes and players connecting causing slow downs.