PDA

View Full Version : Is this my ignorance? Maps from the store

Obscured
February 9th, 2013, 17:09
Picked up a map pack from the store, because it was literally, exactly what I was looking for. DL the pack with no errors. (Realize I'm very new to FG)

That gets me an installer. I run the installer, and what I end up with is a folder in my app data, but all that's in it is an uninstaller.

I don't see the maps anywhere. Am I ignorant about loading them, or are they not there?

Obscured
February 9th, 2013, 17:14
Nevermind, figured it out. Feel free to smite this thread. :P

ddavison
February 9th, 2013, 18:25
No worries Obscured. It may be helpful for others experiencing the same problem.

If others have the same question...

The latest map packs install as modules which need to be activated within your Fantasy Grounds campaign in the module activation window. This should make it easy to turn them on and off within any of your campaigns without having to copy any images arounds from folder to folder.

Tiqon
February 9th, 2013, 23:18
So you make it easier and no one can figure it out... typical. Just like when you sort your stuff (or worse; your wife does it for you) and afterwards can't find anything. :P.

Cool you found out yourself Obscured, that sounded like a post I could have made... Use lots of time frustrated, make post, find solution 10 seconds later by myself, smash head into table, does not learn anything till next time, repeat.

Obscured
February 10th, 2013, 06:46
Got to say, as a new user and a longtime UI/UE guy, that while the program does many things wonderfully, some things are really head-scratchingly counter-intuitive.

Valarian
February 10th, 2013, 08:07
Got to say, as a new user and a longtime UI/UE guy, that while the program does many things wonderfully, some things are really head-scratchingly counter-intuitive.
But make perfect sense and usefulness when familiar with the way things work ;)
If in doubt, right-click.

damned
February 10th, 2013, 12:00

true, true, true. however as valarian says - right click when in doubt...