PDA

View Full Version : *PFS Sunday February 10th 2pm EST PFS-0-01 Silent Tide (1-5)

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 02:54
Overview
Eight hundred years ago, a hidden armada of ships from Taldor floated off the coast of the Isle of Kortos like a thousand locusts, waiting for the signal to invade Absalom. The plan was simple, but deadly: When the misty weather of Desnus (May) took hold, a fifth column of infiltrators known as Black Echelon would weaken strategic defense points and destroy Absalom's warning system from within. Once their bloody mayhem was complete, the hidden saboteurs planned to signal the fleet, welcoming them to lay siege to a city now brought to its knees.

Please sign up on the Game Calendar HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=986) and Visit the Game Forum Thread HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142570#post142570).

WARNING: This is my second game as a GM. I am extremely new to Pathfinder. I am looking for a group of "Veterans" to run this for but you don't have to be to sign up.

Character Levels: We are hoping to be playing at the Subtier (4-5) but will play at Subtier (1-2) if need be. Don't let this keep you from signing up! We will take Level's 4 and 5 first and additional spots will be given to lower level Characters. If you are signing up with a level 4-5 character please list your alternate lower level character too in case we play down at subtier 1-2. Thanks.

Duration: Normally this scenario would take 4 hours. I ask that everyone prepare for 30-40 additional minutes due to my being new to GM'ing.

What I Need From You: Im asking that if you sign up that you provide me with the following on the Game Forum Thread:
Xml of Character
Last Chronicle for your Character
Portrait of Character
PFS #
Starting Gold
Starting XP
Faction

Fantasy Grounds License: Full (You must have a Lite License to play)

Voice Chat: TeamSpeak3 server address: fgts.servegame.com (No port or password needed)

Server Address: Scrawny Dungeon Good Dice

cerijoel
February 8th, 2013, 09:29
I only have my 2nd level witch, so feel free to drop me if I'm getting in the way of you playing at a higher tier.

Killian
February 8th, 2013, 12:01
Hey Trueshots,

The times fit for me and I have an option of either a 4th level sorceress or a 2nd level rogue to play depending on the tier. However I have unfortunately played this scenario :( . It was over a year ago so small chance I'll remember anything and spoil it but under PFS rules I can't get any credit. I've little else to do that evening so if you are short of a full table I'm happy to play for no credit. Let me know if this is ok and I'll upload the relevant stuff but preference should go to players that can get credit.

Malkavian_Andi
February 8th, 2013, 12:29
Sounds really nice.

It's been a while since I last played my level 4 character, so here he is:

Sesquipedalix
PFS-#: 42939-2
Starting gold: 1748
Starting XP: 9
Faction: Lantern Lodge

I'll attach the last two chronicles (#10 & #11), because #11 is the Crystalhue boon and doesn't have xp and gold on it.

Malkavian_Andi
February 8th, 2013, 12:42
If there aren't enough high level characters, I can bring a lower level character, I have lots of those ^^
Just tell me if I need to do that and I'll upload stuff for a low level character.
I'm not sure which one I'd choose. If you need anything special, here's what I have:
- level 1 elven sorcerer, spiecialized on casting ray spells
- level 2 half-orc inquisitor of Lamashtu, specialized on intimidation
- level 2 human Fighter/Alchemist, specialized on staying alive
- level 1 elven oracle, specialized on healing

Harbinger
February 8th, 2013, 14:49
Trueshots,

If there is an opening still for a 1st level here is my character for consideration.

PFS # 75768-3
Starting Gold 70G,9SP,1CP
Starting XP 0
Faction Grand Lodge

Thank you,

idyork101
February 8th, 2013, 16:38
Hey, its Ian, the guy you talked to last night on teamspeak. I finally finished my character completely. Level 1 Witch. Just let me know if I'm still in and if my level is okay.

PFS# 76828
Starting gold 75 (spent 75 of character creation money)
Starting Experience:0
I have not played PFS before so I do not have a chronicle as far as I know(not sure where to find these on paizo)
Faction: Osirion

Mgrancey
February 8th, 2013, 18:06
Highest level character I have is Karu lvl 3 Sorcerer

Last Chronicle for your Character: No electronic copy

PFS #: 18411-3
Starting Gold: 3186 (-1500 for Ring of Spell Knowledge I)
Starting XP: 7, might change on Sat
Faction: Lantern Lodge

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 20:18
Player Character Level
Killian (repeat) (repeat)
cerijoel ? 2
Gondrick Wizard 1
Mgrancey Sorcerer 3
avro5731 ? ?
idyork101 Pyat Pree 1
Skellan ? ?
Malkavian_Andi Sesquipedalix 4
Tinculin ? ?
Harbinger Monk 1
Gwaihir Scout Oracle 5

Ok so far it looks like this list for the Tier 4-5 game will be:
~ Skellan (level 4-5)
~ Tinculin (Level 4)
~ Mgrancey (level 3)
~ Avro5731 (level 3)
~ Malkavian_Andi (level 4)
~ Gwaihir Scout (level 5)
In regards to the Subtier 1-2 Game:
I am unable to tell who signs up first on the game calendar. So if we do drop subtiers (to T 1-2), I will simply look back on this forum to see who to add to the list I already have above, It will be used to "fill in" the list above. If you are one of the 3 in the list currently, your spot is guaranteed. Others will have to wait to see how things pan out. I apologize but I don't have a better way to do it until FG gives a join date on the calendar.

PLEASE: If you have signed up and haven't put a CHARACTER LEVEL on your entry you are making things hard on me. Please go back to Calendar and enter that information in.
If you have any questions on my process for this or concerns, please contact me. It appears that there would be enough for a 2nd game of this, Maybe I could share my already built scenario to a GM that has purchased the PDF and is available to run it. Will save them tons of time! Let me know.

Lastly
It is wonderful seeing so many sign up for these games, Which shows our community is growing and we have a great need in a GM every night on FG. Hopefully some will take this to heart and have a go at GM'ing. You really don't have to do anything but prepare adequately IMO. Everyone in game will help out with rules, role play, and combat. If your interested in that let me know, I'll help you get started. Also read MY POST HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18186) on how to advance faster and stronger by GM'ing PFS games,

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 20:22
Last Chronicle for your Character: No electronic copy

Without a copy of a chronicle it is impossible for me to issue credit, I have heard of people using cell phone or digital cameras to take a nice clear/clean shot of it and sending it to the GM that way. I would suggest scanning it to your computer first and if you can't do that then take a picture and send it. If you need help with this or anything else, please let me know!

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 20:33
Wanted you guy's to know. This is the 1st scenario ever made for Pathfinder Society Players, and I don't know what they were thinking, but from reading it a number of times and building it.....This is going to be very hard! Lots of bad guys. So I want you to be prepared to bring your "A" game and work together as a team. I would suggest there be one Main Healer and a few others with cure wands.

As an example, with out giving anything away, the module tells the GM how he is suppose to play the NPC in certain situations. I am going to play it just how it tells me to do so. This includes for this scenario things like "focused fire" "gaining sneak attack and flanking position" "using fire and hide tactics" "debuffs" etc. So you can tell, its gonna be rough. I'm not saying I'm going to purposefully wipe the party. I just want you to understand from my eyes if everyone isn't on the same page very bad things are going to happen!

[enter evil laughter here]

idyork101
February 8th, 2013, 20:37
i did see that we had a few level 1 characters applying including myself. I personally haven't played any PFS stuff before and I think there is a First steps module or something like that? Maybe someone could run that if they were interested. I'd normally be fine with running a game or something but I pretty much always DM in my group of friends and I'd like to take a break from it and play. Anyways just a thought.

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 21:03
i did see that we had a few level 1 characters applying including myself. I personally haven't played any PFS stuff before and I think there is a First steps module or something like that? Maybe someone could run that if they were interested. I'd normally be fine with running a game or something but I pretty much always DM in my group of friends and I'd like to take a break from it and play. Anyways just a thought.

There was a guy that joined a week ago or so and said he was working on the 1st Steps games, I've been looking for him to post as I wanted to play them too. If he doesn't do them maybe I can at a later date.

Please think about possibly GM'ing here on FG too. There are great rewards for it, read my post HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18186)about how it can really benefit you.

Mgrancey
February 8th, 2013, 21:18
Pretty sure those are already done if he asks, around. I know I have pt 2 on hand for FG.

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 21:39
Pretty sure those are already done if he asks, around. I know I have pt 2 on hand for FG.
I don't think that the concern was GM's having the content. I think his concern, like most people, are finding GM's to actually run the game.

Mgrancey
February 8th, 2013, 21:43
Well if a picture is okay, then here supposed to be the last one for Karu, but it might not be correct after Sat.

Doesn't seem to want to upload. Got an alternative?

Gwaihir Scout
February 9th, 2013, 01:41
I've signed up with my level 5 oracle (stats to come), but don't forget that you can play this with a level 4 pregen, so I'll drop out if enough people decide to do that.

The best defense against these early scenarios is to simply have the extra two people. They didn't start writing for six people until season 4.

Trueshots
February 9th, 2013, 01:52
OK The group is set (For Now), I'll keep the others on stand by. Also I talked to another GM today that may be willing to run this one again at Subtier 1-2 for all the others that signed up. I'll even attempt to negotiate with my buddy Skellan to run it possibly. There are plenty enough to run tier 1-2 also. So be looking for that in the near future. If you have questions please feel to message me or post here.

Sundays Group:
~ Skellan (level 4-5)
~ Tinculin (Level 4)
~ Mgrancey (level 3)
~ Avro5731 (level 3)
~ Malkavian_Andi (level 4)
~ Gwaihir Scout (level 5)

Skellan
February 9th, 2013, 02:20
I will run another table at the same time instead of playing. Do you want me to do the tier 1-2?

Trueshots
February 9th, 2013, 02:33
I will run another table at the same time instead of playing. Do you want me to do the tier 1-2?

If we did that, that would drop our table to 5 and only 1-5, 2-4's, and 2-3's(level characters)

That would only leave you with 4 level 1's. If you did later in day or earlier in day or early week I could play to give you 5.

Its up to you though, What ever you think, just want the parties to be successful!

avro5731
February 9th, 2013, 04:12
Fuma - lvl 4 2h Fighter

Gwaihir Scout
February 9th, 2013, 06:22
Here you go.

PFS #: 41341-3
Starting Gold: 1111
Starting XP: 14
Faction: Grand Lodge (Osirion)

Skellan
February 9th, 2013, 16:35
I am not feeling too well today so I am going to drop from this one sorry. I won't run a lower tier tomorrow but will do one in the week for the lower levels :)

Trenloe
February 9th, 2013, 18:52
Well if a picture is okay, then here supposed to be the last one for Karu, but it might not be correct after Sat.

Doesn't seem to want to upload. Got an alternative?
What format is the file and how big is it? The forum supports the upload of .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png files all up to a size of 3.81MB.

Killian
February 9th, 2013, 19:36
Here's the info for Claudias a level 4. Remember I'm prepared to bow out for others but if you end up running at higher tier and need enough people to make up numbers or make it less dangerous I'll be happy to play.

Trueshots
February 9th, 2013, 19:46
I actually think 2 of our t4-5 guy aren't going to make it. I may just run it on t-1-2 and fill the party the let skellan run it again in a day or two and get all the other people in. Ill make a decision before the end of the day.

cerijoel
February 9th, 2013, 20:14
Here's my level 2 in case.

67687-2
2290 gp
5 xp
Cheliax

Malkavian_Andi
February 9th, 2013, 23:18
ok, in case it'll be tier 1-2, here's what I'll play:

PFS-#: 42939-4
Starting gold: 433
Starting XP: 1
Faction: Osirion

Trueshots
February 10th, 2013, 00:13
Thanks for the characters guys. I need to let everyone know now. There is a chance I may have to cancel the game tomorrow. We have a bit of a family situation and I'm on my way out of town now. I will know for definite in the morning. If I have to cancel we will most likely reschedule for this Tuesday. My intentions are to play as scheduled!

Also we are playing subtier 1-2, we didn't have enough commitment for the higher tier and I haven't heard back from a few of the higher levels to see if they were a go. This may mean we may be in need of one or two more players. Skellan is sick and won't be playing, that's one spot there.
So who, that is not on the list, is available to play tomorrow? Ill go from there. Thanks and I'm sorry for the confusion on this game. I wish there were a better way to advertise and confirm players for possible higher/lower subtiers.

Harbinger
February 10th, 2013, 04:06
Hope everything works out for your family Trueshots.

And hope you get feeling better Skellan.

Mgrancey
February 10th, 2013, 06:57
What format is the file and how big is it? The forum supports the upload of .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png files all up to a size of 3.81MB.

Yes, I know. The file size is only 703 kb.

New character sheet stats:
3001 gp
8 xp
Fame: 14
Prestige: 14

Ring of Spell Knowledge I: -1,500gp
currently: Magic Missile

-1 wand of Mage Armor.

Trueshots
February 10th, 2013, 07:14
OK we are definitely a no go for tomorrow, I apologize profusely to those of you that have changed schedules and rearranged things to play. I am going to shoot to play on Tuesday. If we can't get that done we'll keep trying. I again apologize and will keep you all updated on the new play time.

Mgrancey
February 10th, 2013, 07:23
Anyone else ready to run something instead?

Malkavian_Andi
February 10th, 2013, 12:10
Well, I still have time to play today, so if anybody is going to GM a scenario I haven't played yet, I'll be in.

For Trueshots: Good luck on solving your problems, I hope everything will be alright. Depending on the time, I might not be able to play on Tuesday. There's another game I signed up for at 8 pm CST.
Just post the new time when you know it. If I can't make it, there are enough people willing to take my slot, as we've seen on the game calendar ;)

Edit: I just remembered I have more games on tuesday than just the ones I play online ^^. So I won't be able to play on tuesday. But still, if it's not going to be tuesday, I'll see if I'm able to play.

Trueshots
February 12th, 2013, 01:36
I am going to run this game tomorrow, Tuesday February 12th at 7pm (EST). Because I don't know if this will fit everyone's schedule that I already had on the play list, what I'm going to do is wipe the Game calendar clean. If you can play tomorrow please sign up again on the Game Calendar HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=986). I will be taking the 1st 6 players to sign up. We are playing subtier 1-2 and hopefully if If we can't get everyone in that wants in, I think Skellan said he would run it again this week sometime. I still need to confirm that with him. If you have questions please post here, PM me, or email me. Thanks

Harbinger
February 12th, 2013, 03:27
I signed up since this is a night I'm free, but all I have is 1st level characters. If I get dropped for a higher level, I understand. Thanks for running a game.:)

Trueshots
February 12th, 2013, 03:31
I signed up since this is a night i'm free, but all I have is 1st level characters, so If I get dropped for a higher level, I understand. Thanks for running a game.:)

You're good to go, It's subtier 1-2. See ya tomorrow night!

Malkavian_Andi
February 12th, 2013, 04:39
I won't be able to make it. I already have too many games tomorrow.
So hopefully I'll be able to participate in your next game.

Harbinger
February 12th, 2013, 17:16
We have three signed up any one else wanting to join us to make 4? he'll take up to 6 players.

cerijoel
February 12th, 2013, 18:30
Sorry, it'll be 1 a.m for me.

Trueshots
February 12th, 2013, 22:51
Well guys it is 1 hour or so before start of game. Im going to go ahead and call it for the night seeing we only have 3 atm. What I'll do is change the date again and add some alternate dates on the calendar to see what suites everyone best. Please dont get frustrated, its hard accommodating everyone's schedule sometimes. We'll keep trying though. If you guys have any questions, let me know. Thanks

Trueshots
February 14th, 2013, 21:03
Guys, if you signed up. I need you to please Vote on the times that are good for you on the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=986). Vote "Yes" if you could make that time and "No" if you can't make that time. Vote one or other for all 4 times posted. This way we can nail a time down asap. Thanks!

Malkavian_Andi
February 14th, 2013, 21:34
ok, I signed up again. Seems like none of the time slots work for everybody. But know that I wouldn't mind you playing without me if the game will be at a time slot I can't play at.

I'll upload character data later, I'll still have to scan a chronicle sheet tomorrow.

Trueshots
February 14th, 2013, 21:47
Ok guys got a few PM's and looked at calendar, looks like Friday at 7pm est is what were going to do. Sorry Malkavian! Think there is another GM running the same game on Sunday and Skellan also said earlier in this post he may be willing to run it also at some point.

If you guys need anything let me know. Ill find your characters on this thread, if your changing characters post new chronicles and xml's. Thanks!

Blackfoot
February 14th, 2013, 21:52
I'll bring ...
Name: Stick
PFS# 39241-8
Level: Inquisitor 2
XP: 5
Fame(PP): 9(9)
GP: 1819
Faction: Andoran
Chronicle #6 (for THIS game.. last one was #5)

Harbinger
February 15th, 2013, 02:48
Hey guys anyone that does not know this game is happening tomorrow, it is in the calendar for this Friday(15th) but this thread is still showing a date for the old time that did not happen. Maybe we should get another thread started to make sure we get all the people we can for the game?

Harbinger
February 15th, 2013, 03:08
Here is my character, with the changes talked about.

Trueshots
February 15th, 2013, 03:23
Ok guys sent you all a personal mailer. Now it looks like a few people can't make it. I have put all 4 dates and times back on the GAME CALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=986). If you still can play and want to play. Please sign up and mark "YES" to the times you can play and "NO" to the times you can't. As soon as I have enough confirmed posters for a single date/time I will change the date to reflect that. As of right now all 4 dates and times are open. If you have questions please contact me asap so we can get this squared away hopefully by the end of the night. Thanks!

Malkavian_Andi
February 15th, 2013, 09:12
ok, in case I will be able to play, here's my character:

Name: Anorhén
PFS-#: 42939-7
starting gold: 64
starting XP: 1
Faction: Silver Crusade

Trueshots
February 15th, 2013, 09:20
ok, in case I will be able to play, here's my character:

Name: Anorhén
PFS-#: 42939-7
starting gold: 64
starting XP: 1
Faction: Silver Crusade

Sounds good man. Looks like everyone is leaning towards that Sunday night game. I'm a bit confused about your chronicle sheet, You have the same character with the same PFS # on both sheets but the both have a starting XP of 0 and an ending XP of 1. Were these 2 different games that were recorded wrong or something? Shouldn't you have 2xp?

Malkavian_Andi
February 15th, 2013, 09:52
No, the second one has starting XP of 1 and final XP of 1. It isn't an actual scenario, but a Pathfinder novel chronicle boon, this one for Queen of Thorns.
The chronicles for the novels, like those for the special holidays, have no XP, PP, or gold rewards, just some boons (most usable only once) and equipment. (and that's why I posted both chronicle #1 and chronicle #2 ;) )

Trueshots
February 15th, 2013, 13:56
Alright!!! Wonderful!!! Looks like we all confirmed Sunday, February 17th at 7 pm EST. If anyone needs help with characters or needs further information please contact me. Make sure your Character info is posted somewhere on this Thread along with your last chronicle. If you have multiple characters posted (from the possible subtier 4-5 game) make sure you have the appropriate level character for our game. Thanks!

Harbinger
February 15th, 2013, 16:26
Thanks for the Help with effects and weapons Trueshots.

idyork101
February 16th, 2013, 20:05
Due to some issues coming up at work, I can no longer play tomorrow. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope the rest of you have a lot of fun playing.

Actually, my bad, I just now realized the game was set for monday. I should be good to go then. sorry for the confusion

Trueshots
February 16th, 2013, 22:12
Due to some issues coming up at work, I can no longer play tomorrow.

No problem I truly understand, Real life sucks :) I think there was another player that signed up so we should be good, Thanks and hopefully we can play another time!

Trueshots
February 18th, 2013, 00:06
Server is up and I'm really ready to Total Party Wipe you guys when youre ready.....

Killaki
February 18th, 2013, 00:21
Here it is

Malkavian_Andi
February 18th, 2013, 05:13
Thanks again for the game.

Here's a list of the items I'll sell and purchase.

Items sold:

heavy steel shield (1st level=full refund = 20 gp)

Items bought:

heavy steel shield, masterwork (170 gp)
that nice treatise we'll get on the chronicle sheet (100 gp)

You should already have all other infromation you need about the chronicle (or if you still need something, just tell me)

Trueshots
February 18th, 2013, 12:18
Chronicles are finished. Sorry for my disorganization last night I prepared that game 2-2.5 weeks ago. I should have reread it before we played but just haven't had time. On top of that my maps weren't working like they should. Promise next time I wont be so scatter brained. Nevertheless we made it though it. I hope you guys had a tid bit of fun at least!

Trueshots
February 18th, 2013, 12:20
more Chronicles here.

Blackfoot
February 18th, 2013, 13:43
Looks good. Thanks for running.

Harbinger
February 18th, 2013, 19:05
Thank you for the fun game.