PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to play Savage Worlds with me?

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 16:25
Over the last year our FGII group has dwindled from 8 to four of us.

Of that four:

I now have a job that means I might be in a hotel on gaming night with none/unsuitable internet access.

Another one is experiencing the fun of being a new father (i.e. last minute warning that he cannot run Rippers tonight).

One of us has a PC that for some reason after the last Skype update lost all ability to use VOIP (we use Mumble most of the time as well!), this means when he cannot play at my house on my spare PC he can here but not speak (slow typing).

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

What I am hoping to find is some players who can cope with last minute changes brought about work/child/snow and is STILL prepared to play with us.

In an ideal world we are about to start a Necropolis game, and you would join the group and save the last bastion of humanity.

But given the issues above what we really need is a player/GM who is prepared to be able to step up when I cannot run the game and thus not let the other players down.

If this still has not put you off then please let me know.

I shall now return you to your regular forum reading.....

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 17:03
Please do not adjust your screen we are now in control.....

I'd love to sign up! I've got one of those cushy stay at home jobs, so adjusting to anything is just a matter of regulating caffeine (and work).

I'll start reading up right away! :)

We now return you to our regular programming.

scionofnyarlathotep
February 6th, 2013, 19:20
I'm always up for a game whenever I can. Wednesday and Thursdays are taken each week as are alternate Fridays and Saturdays (this week but not next). I can do other nights with Sunday and Tuesday the preferred options.

Let me know as I enjoyed the Savage Saturdays and the f2F at Expo last year.

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 19:48
Well having played with me may be a bonus I suppose (at least you know what you are in for!)

Sorry noticed I missed some items....

Tuesday nights 19:30ish to 22:30

Next Tuesday may well be auditions (not my idea!)

Also please let me know if you are willing to be backup GM!

Talking of the Expo they have accepted my Friday 3pm slot of Scooby Doo F'Taghn, but not the Sunday slot.

I am waiting on TAG to get back to me on what (if any games they want me to run this year... I am hoping they will let me do Land of Fire!)

scionofnyarlathotep
February 6th, 2013, 20:17
Well having played with me may be a bonus I suppose (at least you know what you are in for!)

Sorry noticed I missed some items....

Tuesday nights 19:30ish to 22:30

Next Tuesday may well be auditions (not my idea!)

Also please let me know if you are willing to be backup GM!

Talking of the Expo they have accepted my Friday 3pm slot of Scooby Doo F'Taghn, but not the Sunday slot.

I am waiting on TAG to get back to me on what (if any games they want me to run this year... I am hoping they will let me do Land of Fire!)

Tuesdays are ideal, not sure what the wife will think though :)

Did Expo give a reason why they have rejected your Sunday slot? I'm going to be making some submissions (Savage Blake's 7, Cthulhu) and another of our group (zackspacks on here) is also looking to run some spots.

I can act as a back up GM if needed but I suspect your group may have already played in my one shots and you already say you are running Rippers.

I could look at the possibility either Space 1889 or Runepunk though.

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 20:28
If you want to run Space 1889 I'll throw in a nice theme :)

I'll need to make it 3.3 compatible first.

Doswelk
February 8th, 2013, 15:56
Any more takers?

A grand total of 2 people responded (which creates a party of 5) so we have space for one more...

S Ferguson
February 8th, 2013, 16:10
Gosh, I loved Space 1889. Own all versions of it. Too bad I'm across the pond to participate. Don't get many Expositions here, most of them are 8 hrs away which makes logistics a living nightmare. The ones here are usually miniature based, which I don't mind playing, just wouldn't want to be caught there red-handed :D.

Doswelk
February 8th, 2013, 17:05
Right!

This Tuesday is character planning session and "interviews"

PM me for my email address :)

Draeus
February 15th, 2013, 01:09
If you guys are going to birminghamnexpo this year, maybe meet up for a drink? Wish I could join in tuesdays btw :(

Alot going on in private life, who knows what the future holds.

S Ferguson
February 15th, 2013, 01:12
Shame you couldn't make it. Have a drink for me. (Judging from my location, you'll see I'm *not* going to an expo :().

scionofnyarlathotep
February 15th, 2013, 01:28
If you guys are going to birminghamnexpo this year, maybe meet up for a drink? Wish I could join in tuesdays btw :(

Alot going on in private life, who knows what the future holds.

I am definitely at Expo on the Saturday and probably on the Sunday too. Meeting up for a beer would be good. Doswelk is going and running.

Tuesday was epic, Rubeus had an eventful debut and his luck is certainly better than a certain Phantasm!

Draeus
February 15th, 2013, 01:58
Lol I think anyones luck is better then phantasms lol! Was it Tuesday you got that insane damage?

I would of loved to have been part of it, but i need to sort a few things out first. I do too much gm'ing and would like to get to play.