PDA

View Full Version : Restoring deleted tables

Niles
February 6th, 2013, 05:31
Can anyone tell me how to restore the crit and fumble tables? I accidentally right clicked on some of them and deleted them. I don't know how to restore them. I've gone into the Library and closed and reopened the crit table module, but they're still not there. I even when into my App Data folder and found the file, right clicked and clicked restore previous version. Still nothing. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!

Mike

Dakadin
February 6th, 2013, 05:45
You need to go to Fantasy Grounds application data folder. In there is a campaign folder that should have a folder with a name matching your campaign name. Then go to the moduledb folder. You will see a XML file in there that matches the name of the library module with the tables you are missing. It is keeping track of the fact that you deleted the tables from the campaign. Just delete the file and then load up your campaign. You should see the tables again. If you want to be safe copy it to another location before deleting it so you can restore it if needed.

JohnD
February 6th, 2013, 14:08
Could we use this method to move tables entered in one campaign into another one or would that fubar things?

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 16:35
Could we use this method to move tables entered in one campaign into another one or would that fubar things?
The moduledb entry is a record of what has changed in a module you have opened in the campaign - so, no, you can't use this as a mechanism to move tables from one campaign to another.

Use the tried and tested /export command then select "tables" to create a module that contains tables created in that campaign and can be used in others.

JohnD
February 6th, 2013, 22:01
Ah great... now I can bring my Rolemaster inspired criticals to my Pathfinder campaign as well. :)

Thanks.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 22:28
Ah great... now I can bring my Rolemaster inspired criticals to my Pathfinder campaign as well. :)
Unfortunately tables aren't covered by /export in the Rolemaster ruleset. You'll have to ask Dakadin to put it into the next release! ;)

Dakadin
February 6th, 2013, 22:58
The tables in Rolemaster are in a different format so unfortunately they wouldn't work with an export since you need the table resolver in the ruleset to really take advantage of them. I would like to add support for the tables the other rulesets are using but unfortunately that won't help JohnD use the Rolemaster criticals in his Pathfinder game.

JohnD
February 7th, 2013, 01:46
Oh no - I typed in my own into a 3.5e campaign... picked out the more interesting variants and made up a custom table.

Dakadin
February 7th, 2013, 01:51
That works! ;)