PDA

View Full Version : Failure to start

Obscured
February 2nd, 2013, 20:06
Just downloaded the program, Ultra-supremo license, and when I try to run it, get this:

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/DaSquigBrain/Misc/FGfail.jpg

Any clues?

Running on 64bit Windows7

Obscured
February 2nd, 2013, 20:15
Also, Uninstaller does not operate, and FG does not appear in the programs list in control panel for me to uninstall.

Annoying, to say the very least.

unerwünscht
February 2nd, 2013, 20:35
Looks like a DirectX error...

https://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/d3dx9_43-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

I would say your best bet would be to try re-installing DirectX. Or at least that one DLL file.

JohnD
February 2nd, 2013, 22:52
Yeah - that's nothing with FG - it is a DirectX 9 error. You might have an incomplete install of v9 or an install for 32 bit W7.

Obscured
February 2nd, 2013, 23:49
Reinstalled DirectX 9, ran through Windows Update, restarted everything...

No change, same error.

Also, ran several other games that use DirectX 9 and DirectX 11, no problems.

Obscured
February 3rd, 2013, 00:28
Resolved, for now, I think. The Uninstaller wouldn't work, so I manually deleted the entire FG folder and then ran the updater, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Tiqon
February 3rd, 2013, 11:37
I just updated to w8 recently and last night installed FG2 again after the update to w8 (I chose to remove everything).

After the install and automatic update I got this error too, I disregarded it as I had just closed down a game I played while waiting for FG2 to finish, and I thought it was related to that game, though I did not have any problems with the game and have never seen the error before.
I started FG2 up after I had closed down the error but had no problems with Fg2 after that. I wouldn't have said anything as it seems to work just fine if you had not written here about the same error.

Harwood
February 10th, 2013, 04:49
I have the exact same problem on my Win7 machine, and I am moving to Win8 once the disc arrives.

I have tried putting it on an old Dell D600 laptop running XP sp3. That is working. The screen is so small though I either have to run at minimum resolution to be able to get enough on the screen or at 100% so I can read text. Can't wait to see if it runs across all the monitors