PDA

View Full Version : Heres a trick for your players

Willot
February 2nd, 2013, 01:47
If you didnt know you can drag Notes,textboxes and images to individual player portraits, so only that player sees the information or text.

If you have a case of an illusion and one person makes the will save why not give them a different image of what they see.

"I say we go through the arch" says player1
"what? What arch?" says player2 "Thats a bottomless chasm"
"Bottomless chasm? Are you looking at the right picture dude?"
"Yeah, its a chasm"
"well I see an arch lets take it"

etc etc

Muhahahahaha

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2013, 02:11
Yep, it's a very handy piece of functionality. It's also documented in the user's guide, but it seems very few people read it... ;)

damned
February 2nd, 2013, 03:46
what user guide?

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2013, 03:48
what user guide?
Library -> User Guide (3.5E or 4E).

Even though they are for specific rulesets, they cover a lot of basic Fantasy Grounds operations - I'd recommend any GM to read through them once they've got a basic grasp of using Fantasy Grounds.

Griogre
February 2nd, 2013, 11:07
Interestingly I've found the language extension adds something as well. I had a party where half the party spoke elven and half didn't. So they would say things to each other in elven just to mildly mess with the other PCs. They would also sometimes use it in combat too, when they thought the monsters understood common but didn't understand elven.

Willot
February 2nd, 2013, 11:22
Interestingly I've found the language extension adds something as well. I had a party where half the party spoke elven and half didn't. So they would say things to each other in elven just to mildly mess with the other PCs. They would also sometimes use it in combat too, when they thought the monsters understood common but didn't understand elven.
yep the Lang ext is a must have