PDA

View Full Version : Geeks 'R' Us - Saturday Online Gaming Club

Draeus
February 1st, 2013, 23:17
Hi,

I would like to advertise our dedicated Fantasy Grounds small community. We are wanting to grow in size with new players and Ultimate License GM's.

Currently our GMs are Savage worlds GMs but we are certainly not limited to one game system. As long as it is in Fantasy Grounds, and the GM has a full License we want you :)

Why?
We want to have a place with set times on a set day that players can go knowing there will be a game. It is run in a style of the traditional Games Club. Except with more of a convention theme to it, without pre-gens.

The idea which seems to work so far. Is that players show up to the game, quickly create a character (30 mins max) and away they go. No need to go into too much detail at this stage.

The games do not run every week. Or if they do they are OPEN games on a first come first served basis. If a player does return to the game at any point they should be able to use there existing character. Allowing them to develop them over time.

This allows players to choose from week to week what games they wish to play, have a variety if they so wish without the pressures of having to turn up on a regular basis. They can if they so wish.
It also allows for players who have real life commitments GMs included who can only run one game here and there or play in one game every 4 months.

Why Ultimate Licence?
We want the club to be totally free for players, free comms, free gaming. GMs tend to be a crazy bunch who invest in there games.. I know I am :)

SO GM's PM me if you want to get involved, and I will set you up a dedicated Channel on our Teamspeak.

Players Check out the link below, it is only a blog site.. Like I said its free so don't expect anything fantastic :) But its clear whats going on and when and how many spaces available. Its manually updated when GM's update their TS channels. Only a few games on there at the moment, but I think March will start to fill with games for you all to play. :) I'm trying to read through rules and I'm sure the other GMs are also.

REMEMBER TO BOOK IN ADVANCE !

https://saturdaygamesclub.blogspot.co.uk/

Oh ... did I mention games are first come first served?

Once again, interested? Either way, PM me and I will get out TS details to you.

Draeus
February 2nd, 2013, 13:52
SAT FEB 16th
Times are +0 GMT

GM Draeus:
13:00 - 17:00 - Savage Worlds: Lord of the Rings (6 Players) 3 Spaces available.
Set in Tolkiens Fantasy Setting, Middle Earth.

19:00 - 23:00 - Savage Worlds, Star Trek, Federation, Kirk Era (6 Players) 2 Spaces Available
Aboard the USS Clark a salvage ship, currently scanning for wrecks and salvage in the frontiers of Federation Space. When they receive an odd transmission.

GM Spike:
19:00 - 23:00 - Savage Warhammer Quest ( 6 Player Max) 1 space available.
Based on the classic warhammer quest game, but using the popular Savage Worlds rulset.

One shot adventure that will re-occur here and there. No commitment needed but if you choose to join in all the adventures you can continue with your character and develop it. If not, no probs :)

Draeus
February 2nd, 2013, 13:54
FEB SAT 23rd
Times +0 GMT

GM Draeus
13:00 - 17:00 To Be Announced

19:00 - 23:00 Tour of Darkness : [6 Players Max] 3 spaces available
Set in the Vietnam war theater As American soldiers you set out to make sense in a war that is slowly spiraling out of control. But something sinister is also lurking behind the shadows of the jungles of 'Nam.

One shot adventure that will re-occur here and there. No commitment needed but if you choose to join in all the adventures you can continue with your character and develop it. If not, no probs :)

Draeus
February 4th, 2013, 11:15
Join our Facebook group for Geeks 'r' Us.

No one there takes themselves seriously and its all in good humor :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/414961511923060/

Draeus
February 4th, 2013, 12:28
I have created a entry in the Game Calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=982

Draeus
February 4th, 2013, 13:17
SAT MARCH 9th
Times +0 GMT

GM Draeus
13:00 - 17:00 Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil [6 Players] (3 Spaces Available)
The worlds heroes have all been slain, leaving only the villains to raise up and defend earth from alien occupation.

19:00 - 23:00 Savage Worlds: Battlestar Galactica [6 Players] (4 Spaces Available)
Set hours before the Cylon attack on the colonies, our heroes soon find themselves involved a fight not only for their lives but mankind's extinction.

Draeus
February 9th, 2013, 23:52
Looking for more GM's to fill up some April slots. Anyone fancy joining the team?

Djmaxx
February 15th, 2013, 10:16
Is this still going or is has this fizzled out?

Draeus
February 15th, 2013, 10:36
still going :)

There are games booked all the way to April just nit advertised yet :)

Still looking for both gms and players alike.

Djmaxx
February 15th, 2013, 10:40
Well im looking to play in something but not sure what so im on the look out for anything.

Draeus
February 15th, 2013, 10:58
Well we have spaces this Saturday in all the above games, goto our site to keep upto date on future games. Will be updated with all of march games on sunday.

Draeus
February 28th, 2013, 13:53
Blog updated untill April 27th.

All games can be signed up for at Blog, with a PM to me or here. The GMs are also advertising the games on the forums as well. Don't worry you cant sign up twice ;) lol

I would like to say hello to our latest GM. GM Sylith, who has joined our ranks. We look forward to seeing games from her soon :) !

Also I would like to thank the new members who have joined our group or have joined in the games we are posting. We hope you are enjoying them as much as we are. Thank you!

Draeus
February 28th, 2013, 16:01
Would also like to welcome GM Valarian who will be bringing the following game systems to our players on occasions.

System: Fate Core - Various Genres, The One Ring, Summerland.

ShaneB
March 12th, 2013, 15:30
Its a shame that the 13:00 GMT+0 game is gone. Saturday night would be a good time for me (that would be 7pm ish Saturday night) :(