PDA

View Full Version : Faerun campain

Clave
February 1st, 2013, 06:12
Hey every one, it looks like a lot of my people bailed on my campain before even the first session i have had 1 guys show up and another not able to make it and no replay back from any of the other i have spent a lot of time putting together a campain its open right now if u want to join ill be starting on friday around 8PM CST if any one is interested please PM me with ur class race u want to play and be ready to play first come first servered. thanks.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=974

damned
February 1st, 2013, 11:27
:( hang in there. keep promoting the game. you might want to run a little side adventure for the first session or two until you get your numbers up.

Clave
February 1st, 2013, 11:54
oh its not that i had a full set of 5 that seamed interested now stuff is just coming up and im down to 1 guy, so.. idk this has seem to be a waist of money. i started a 3.5 cuz thats what i like to play i cant seem to find a 3.5 so i wrote my own campaign.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2013, 19:32
As damned says, hang in there... Perhaps promote your game a bit more - I had to go searching to find your game on the game calendar and then realised that your session is tonight!

Post on the forums, let people know your session is tonight and that you have spaces free. Advertise future sessions too. You will always get drop outs (there are plenty of threads on this forum about this happening) - don't let that put you off, they're obviously not the right people for your game. Keep at it and over a few games you should have a core group of players who fit in with your gaming style and you'll be set for running your campaign.

Clave
February 1st, 2013, 19:51
idk why it took you so long to find it if you go to recsent activitys mine is just about the top .

Trenloe
February 1st, 2013, 19:58
idk why it took you so long to find it if you go to recsent activitys mine is just about the top .
I'm just saying that it is not obvious that you have a calendar entry - I had to go to the game calendar and do a search on your ID, not hard but some potential players won't realise they have to do that. I'd recommend that you provide a link to your game calendar entry in your posts so that potential players know you have a game calender and can access the entry straight away. Also keep potential players updated with the date/time of your next games within a forum post as a lot of new players don't know to go looking for this in the game calendar - this is especially important as you are looking for new players to join.

Clave
February 1st, 2013, 20:04
ok thanks for the info. ill do that now.

Clave
February 1st, 2013, 20:05
here is a link the the calender for info on date/time, we are playing to nigh i need 3 or more or u u will die. lol

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=974

GunnarGreybeard
February 2nd, 2013, 00:03
I don't think its been mentioned yet but you may also want to include your campaign/game information in your signature (linked to the calendar entry). That way it gets advertised with each post and provided a quick link to the game details.

Clave
February 2nd, 2013, 02:29
thank you for the tips.

bobgreynolds
February 2nd, 2013, 12:33
Im interested. I would like to play a Spellthief/Wizard going for Spellwarp Sniper and Arcane Trickster prestige classes.

Clave
February 2nd, 2013, 18:00
ok go ahead and sign up on the calender ill be updating some information today

daemonos
February 7th, 2013, 09:30
i am interested too, calendar shows nothin btw, so please can you send me an inbox explaining when, how and all info pls

JohnD
February 7th, 2013, 14:15
Clave you have your calendar page set to Private meaning when people go to your link they only see a blank page. Nobody can sign-up for it as a result.

Trueshots
February 8th, 2013, 09:22
Yes I tried signing up but link is blank.....

PhorgottenSon
February 10th, 2013, 05:40
He looks at this thread a good bit during the week, just maybe busy on the weekend. I just dropped from the game as it was my first taste of 3.5 and just not a fan of the system. Got spoiled on my first taste of Rolemaster Classic.

Contrariwise
February 10th, 2013, 15:02
Hello I'm interested and went ahead and signed up on the game calendar. Its been awhile since I've used FG but I've played alot of 3.5 and I'm pretty eager to play again.

RangerOps
February 11th, 2013, 23:19
I would love to play in a Faerun campaign. Can we talk about bringing in a PF build character or are you directly opposed to that and strickly 3.5 rules? I like a lot of what PF has done with some classes but find it to hard ot be tied down to PFS limits they need to maintain for their great program of flexable sessions.

daemonos
February 15th, 2013, 11:46
I am looking for a dm guys to play FR 3.5e so please anyone interested to play with me? i can get some friends also!

S Ferguson
February 15th, 2013, 23:17
I would love to play in a Faerun campaign. Can we talk about bringing in a PF build character or are you directly opposed to that and strickly 3.5 rules? I like a lot of what PF has done with some classes but find it to hard ot be tied down to PFS limits they need to maintain for their great program of flexable sessions.

PFS is definitely cool for the player, who gets to make his/her mark on the world. But that doesn't mean you can't have a PF campaign as you would a 3.5e game. Besides, FG will either be PF or 3.5e mode it can't do both. The data is stored differently on each side, so you'd have to do a bit of conversion work in one system or another in order for hybrid systems to work.