PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-13: The Quest for Perfection—Part III: 8pm GMT 6th Feb

hawkwind
January 31st, 2013, 20:24
Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-13: The Quest for Perfection—Part III: Defenders of Nesting Swallow (PFRPG)

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 1–5.

As the Pathfinders approach the village of Nesting Swallow in the Tian nation of Shokuro, they find it besieged by a gang of tengu bandits. Before their contact in the village will aid them in restoring the Iroran relic that brought them hundreds of miles to the isolated town, the PCs must repulse the attackers, using every ounce of tactical mettle and military strategy they possess to train the villagers, augment their defenses, and ultimately face off against the bandits' charge.

"Defenders of Nesting Swallow" is the final scenario in the three-part The Quest for Perfection campaign arc. It follows Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–09: The Quest for Perfection—Part I: The Edge of Heaven and Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–11: The Quest for Perfection—Part II: On Hostile Waters. All three chapters are intended to be played in order.

Written by Sean McGowan, RPG Superstar 2011 runner up.

you don't need to have played in the previous parts but if more than six ask to play players who have played in the other two parts will get priority

I will be spitting the adventure over two session a week apart

players in from the two previous adventures will pleased to hear that there are no large bodies of water or tall Mountains to climb!

Killian
January 31st, 2013, 21:14
Great! I'm in, here's Haematite after he's leveled up and chronicle for reference though you have it already.

See you next week!

hawkwind
January 31st, 2013, 21:31
there may be the option playing the last module at a higher tier at this rate

Huffhuff
January 31st, 2013, 22:08
I'd love to join, it would be my first PFS game. (Been playing 4th Ed on FG2 for a year now)

If you are accepting lvl 1 people, be great, but won't mind if higher level play. (I'll join the next newbie game ;-) )

Could play a cleric or a sorc.

let me know, won't sign up just yet.

hawkwind
February 1st, 2013, 05:33
please sign up

RobG
February 1st, 2013, 13:01
Cyril The Magnificent is keen to be involved in this undertaking. I'll upload his file in the next few days.

My previous PFS experience consists of playing a couple of games at DragonMeet using pre-gens, so I'm a bit of a noob. I've been GMing a Pathfinder campaign using FG for about a year though, so not completely clueless :-)

Looking forward to it.

hawkwind
February 1st, 2013, 15:43
If you could post your character files here please , if you don't know how to do that please ask.

Any one heard from Skellan lately?

Trueshots
February 2nd, 2013, 03:38
Any one heard from Skellan lately?

I just got an email from him, so he's awake :)

btw, here's Lia's chronicle. Need to edit her xml since last game will do that and post it in a bit.

3nvy
February 2nd, 2013, 04:31
if only it was 3 hours later so i would be off work =(

hawkwind
February 2nd, 2013, 08:28
if it was three hours. later in I would be asleep

Huffhuff
February 2nd, 2013, 10:40
Right, I think I've done this right....(also code for, I've forgotten something or bodged it horribly, let me know)

First time putting spells in from a module, and if you could check it, as unsure if its worked from that side of things. (SR and DC's etc)

Presenting Flyn, a deeply troubled elf cleric of Shelyn. Heavily scarred down one side of his body, he's a firm believer that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Shy and reclusive he just wants to help others, and stop the horrors that happened to him, happening to others.
He creates wood carvings. (Again beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they aren't that good)

((I don't have any tokens on my manage char screen, if GM has a scarred male elf, that be fantastic ;-) )

RobG
February 2nd, 2013, 12:14
Right, here's Cyril, hope he comes through ok.

A righteous Paladin of Iomedae, quite charming and also knowledgeable in matters of nobility and religion. He ventures forth in full armor, fighting with a shield and flail which he uses to smite evil creatures, or disarm others who seek to meddle with him.

xaoslaad
February 3rd, 2013, 03:05
My characters files are attached, including FG2 XML, last Chronicle sheet, and character sheet and abilities PDF's.

Thanks!

Trueshots
February 3rd, 2013, 22:11
Hawk got a list for you of pre purchases I need to make, thought this would be easier for you if I had a list.

EDIT: I threw it off on Skellan so saved you the work :) Ill take down my XML and Chronicle and as soon as I get one back from Skellan for today's game I'll post for you. Thanks

Huffhuff
February 3rd, 2013, 22:27
depending if Skellens game goes ahead, I might have a character sheet to hand in... or not.

hawkwind
February 3rd, 2013, 23:01
Thanks Trueshots duly noted it does make it a lot more easy

Trueshots
February 3rd, 2013, 23:11
depending if Skellens game goes ahead, I might have a character sheet to hand in... or not.
Hmm I may have the same issue Hawk......good news for you.....I may throw it all off on him. LOL!!!!

hawkwind
February 4th, 2013, 20:56
did Skellan's game happen?

Huffhuff
February 4th, 2013, 21:17
yes, at the moment. ;-)

so will hopefully have a char sheet for you by wednesday

hawkwind
February 4th, 2013, 21:57
be careful

Huffhuff
February 5th, 2013, 14:05
grr. sorry for late notice, a family member has decided to drop into town on wednesday. I think there are 5 players included me, so game should still be able to go ahead without me. Can you confirm this Hawkwind?

hawkwind
February 5th, 2013, 20:36
we will survive, may be next time we can game

hawkwind
February 5th, 2013, 20:38
still waiting for a few character sheets and chronicles

below is a link to google docs spreadsheet we will need during the game

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An5CJHlt_Ny3dGYtT2J1enpoTEI0ZGF2RlA0MkFHW nc&usp=sharing

hawkwind
February 6th, 2013, 17:00
server up see you at 8

hawkwind
February 6th, 2013, 17:04
in cas e you don't know young monk cowardly ninja

RobG
February 7th, 2013, 07:40
That was fun, looking forward to the second part.

Trueshots
February 7th, 2013, 09:32
Oh yes, lots of combat right up my alley! Very different scenario indeed though!

EDIT: Added my Chronicle here, just got it back from Skellan

hawkwind
February 7th, 2013, 11:38
glad you both enjoyed it, same time next week. for round two. I was worried a game where you needed a spread sheet might not be too much fun!

xaoslaad
February 8th, 2013, 02:38
It is different, but it works out. It's a good way to make the group feel like they're in charge without actually forcing them to try and manage the actions of 50 npc's.

Looking forward to the rest of the combat. :rv:

hawkwind
February 13th, 2013, 18:01
server up,see you at eight

Trueshots
February 18th, 2013, 11:57
Any hopes of getting Chronicles back soon? Thanks

xaoslaad
February 18th, 2013, 13:26
Yes, please. At this point I don't even care so much if it's perfect as long as it's close. I would like to take this games CS and pass it to Winged1 so he can do the needful for Saturdays game before I head off to totalcon thursday...

hawkwind
February 18th, 2013, 19:57
sorry been away the week end to house with no wifi and a very bad 3g signal, I will doing them tonight

hawkwind
February 18th, 2013, 21:27
please check them for accuracy, I am more than a bit fatigued at the moment

xaoslaad
February 18th, 2013, 22:00
Thank you!

hawkwind
February 18th, 2013, 22:09
Again apologies for the delays in completing the chronicle sheets, I spent notes time doing chronicle sheets and reporting the results than in did prepping the adventure.

xaoslaad
February 18th, 2013, 22:45
The Chronicles look like they're missing the Chronicle name at the top. Is it kosher for us to just write it in ourselves or can you fill it in?

Also my gp subtotal is 1173 and then the total dips to 1153; it looks like it does not account for my dayjob roll.

hawkwind
February 19th, 2013, 07:41
i will redo yours for the correct amount of cash, looks like the auto calc flaked out,

RobG
February 19th, 2013, 09:25
Thanks man :-)

hawkwind
February 20th, 2013, 15:15
later than a very late thing.......................

xaoslaad
February 20th, 2013, 15:25
Thanks again!!

Killian
February 20th, 2013, 19:34
Looks great many thanks for running all three parts. Just usnure about the scenario chronicle number in the top right but dunno if that's a big thing or not.

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2013, 21:04
The Chronicle Number should represent the order in which you received that chronicle...
ie.. if it's your '4th chronicle' it should have a 4 in that box.

hawkwind
February 24th, 2013, 10:48
Oops I will of course correct it I am thinking of running a game next saturday as the mrs is out

xaoslaad
February 24th, 2013, 15:32
Great news hawkwind. If it's another 1-2 I'd love to play. I enjoyed this one a lot!

hawkwind
February 24th, 2013, 21:46
now with added chronicle sheet numbers !

apologies to all concerned