PDA

View Full Version : Library empty

trmnt
January 31st, 2013, 11:12
Hi there :)
Been almost one year since I started using Fantasy Grounds and I have to say it has been a blast, especially considering half of my party is now spread around the world!

Anyway, to keep it short, we recently started a new campaign with a custom setting and, after some brainstorming, we decided exalted was the ruleset to go.
Coming from nwod, after downloading the new ruleset, i started importing plots/characters from my previous campaign and everything went smooth till yesterday night.
Basically, since we have alot of homemade "charms" i wanted them to be shown under library, the same way it happens with spells if you use the 3.5 ruleset, therefore i started reading tutorials on how to create modules and after a couple of hours I had my first module done.
Sadly enough it didn't turn out to work as I expected...or simply work for what it matters :p
Basically when i load my exalted campaign i can see the module in the "module activation" tab, but after loading it my library tab (which is totally empty by the way) won't show it.
I tried to create the module both in game, using the export feature, and with an xml editor.
I should add that loading the module into another ruleset works just fine, while if I try to load...say the 3.5 spell module into my current campaign (using the exalted ruleset) it won't appear under Library even if activated in "Module activation".
Looks like the library part of the ruleset is completely broken (or i'm just stupid :p ).
If you happen to know how to fix this issue or, considering i'm quite unexperienced with XML and rulesets in general, if you could just point me into the right direction i would be extremely grateful!

Ikael
January 31st, 2013, 11:28
As a totally blindfolded guess, exalted ruleset is not actively supported by anyone and it's library code might be lacking one specific line: useallmodules tag. This compulsory compatibility feature was added way back, but maybe later Exalted ruleset was developed. So my advice for you is to check if ruleset's booklist code in library.xml contains that tagname in it. If not try adding it and trying again if you might have something in the library...

trmnt
January 31st, 2013, 11:38
Thanks a lot Ikael, guess i could have thought some more about it.
Anyway, i simply replaced the library.xml file with the one from nwod (which is also the ruleset exalted was based upon) and it worked like a "charm" :p