PDA

View Full Version : Project: Par5e

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

El Condoro
August 9th, 2014, 23:12
Did you capitalise "ACTIONS" - I had the same thing until I changed the default "Actions" to ACTIONS.

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 00:05
Yeah, I didn't add these items as I didn't think they would factor heavily on character sheets and the like. I can add support for it in the next build if you like.

And, I forgot about Feats. I'll fix for the next release.Excellent, thanks!

To be honest, on the other equipment (like lifestyle and lodging) it's not a big deal... I could just as easily make a reference in the DMG where it might be just as, if not more, useful. It was in the PHB so I put it in. :) I am good either way.

New Item
Equipment: For whatever reason, Tools are not getting their weights. I even checked the common.xml file and the field isn't in there. Descriptions, price, etc., are all coming across great, but the weight field is missing (thus blank when displayed in FG).

As always, thanks for all the hard work!
SR

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 00:24
Oh, another thing :(

In Equipment, I am finding that using either decimals or fractions isn't working for item weight. Example:

Piton;5 cp;1/4 lb.
Piton;5 cp;0.25 lb.

Neither worked. One came across as 1 lb (top) the other as blank weight.

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 01:51
Did you capitalise "ACTIONS" - I had the same thing until I changed the default "Actions" to ACTIONS.

Thanks for the heads up...sadly it did not work.

El Condoro
August 10th, 2014, 04:02
Are you able to post a sample of your text file? Just one or two entries with the extraneous stuff removed. Something might stand out.

Irondrake
August 10th, 2014, 04:25
Yeah, tools are showing up without any weight for me as well. Tools, Musical Instruments, etc. Everything in that category. I'm assuming there's a bug. Also, the carrying capacity column needs to be a little wider for Tack, Harness, and Drawn Vehicles. Its bunching the weight together. This may be because I currently have another error that I self-imposed though if no one else is seeing it.

PhilFischer
August 10th, 2014, 08:13
Phil, I am just finishing up some changes to 5E and PAR5E after which I was planning to take the (compatible) 5E routines and port them to a PFRPG library. In truth, Story, Map and Encounter are pretty much already supported as PAR5E already supports CoreRPG which PFRPG is layered upon. In fact, you could try this as an interim solution until a PFRPG library is released. Open PAR5E, set it to CoreRPG, add your Story, Maps/Images, Encounter and then parse. When PAR5E has finished, open the resulting .mod file with WinZIP and edit the definition.xml and set the ruleset tag to PFRPG (it will be set to CoreRPG). Re-Zip and rename to a .mod file and fire up FG. You should now in theory be able to access the Story, Images and Encounters from within a PFRPG campaign.

No promises but I'll try an target a PFRPG release for next week.

Thanks for the idea but it did not work. I did get it to work again with 5E, so I know its good.
Using your above idea I did get it to appear in the library as you see in the image below, but the actual "Images and Maps" does not appear in the right hand window when I click on the module. Besides using "PFRPG", I tried "Pathfinder", and "Any", none seemed to work.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2014, 10:10
Using your above idea I did get it to appear in the library as you see in the image below, but the actual "Images and Maps" does not appear in the right hand window when I click on the module. Besides using "PFRPG", I tried "Pathfinder", and "Any", none seemed to work.
Have you opened the images and maps window within the main campaign - i.e. The button in the right hand sidebar on the desktop? You should see another tab at the bottom on the images and maps list that is for the module you've parsed (once you've activated the module). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Data

PhilFischer
August 10th, 2014, 11:53
Thanks Trenloe, it is there as a tab at the bottom!!!

yondar
August 10th, 2014, 12:30
Thanks for this, it is really useful for us older people. I have spent hours trying to par5e races and got no where so I really hope something does get worked out between wotc and smiteworks.

Zeus
August 10th, 2014, 12:54
Thanks for the idea but it did not work. I did get it to work again with 5E, so I know its good.

Yeah, I need to update CoreRPG library to also output campaign list data to the reference library as per 5E. As Trenloe has said though you should still be able to access the images from the Campaign Images window (look for a tab at the bottom named as per your module).

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 13:24
Minor Oddity - Spells: The first line of the spell description is coming out in all bold.

Example: Sacred Flame. This first line is bold.
Flame-like radiance descends on a creature that you can see within range.

Hold true for every spell I've checked so far.

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 13:57
Are you able to post a sample of your text file? Just one or two entries with the extraneous stuff removed. Something might stand out.

Sure can. Would be great to know what I am doing wrong.

ACOLYTE
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 9 (2d8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 11 (+0)
Skills Medicine +4, Religion +2
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages any one language (usually Common)
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Spellcasting. The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its
spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with
spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy
1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
ACTIONS
Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2 (1d4) bludgeoning damage.

AIR ELEMENTAL
Large elemental, neutral
Armor Class 15
Hit Points 90 (12d10 + 24)
Speed 0 ft., fly 90 ft. (hover)
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14 (+2) 20 (+5) 14 (+2) 6 (-2) 10 (+0) 6 (-2)
Damage Resistances lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing,
and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed,
petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Auran
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
Air Form. The elemental can enter a hostile creature’s space
and stop there. It can move through a space as narrow as 1
inch wide without squeezing.
ACTIONS
Multiattack. The elemental makes two slam attacks.
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 14 (2d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
Whirlwind (Recharge 4–6). Each creature in the elemental’s
space must make a DC 13 Strength saving throw. On a failure,
a target takes 15 (3d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage and is flung
up 20 feet away from the elemental in a random direction and
knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes an object, such as a
wall or floor, the target takes 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage for
every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another
creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity
saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.
If the saving throw is successful, the target takes half the
bludgeoning damage and isn’t flung away or knocked prone.

El Condoro
August 10th, 2014, 14:26
Take out all the spaces at the ends of lines. When you paste into a text document extend the page out (or full screen it) and if the lines don't go to the edge of the screen there are hidden line breaks. Take them out and your two NPCs parse fine (I tested them). Especially the abilities need to be on one line.

ACOLYTE
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 9 (2d8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 11 (+0)
Skills Medicine +4, Religion +2
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Spellcasting. The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy
1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
ACTIONS
Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d4) bludgeoning damage.

AIR ELEMENTAL
Large elemental, neutral
Armor Class 15
Hit Points 90 (12d10 + 24)
Speed 0 ft., fly 90 ft. (hover)
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 14 (+2) 20 (+5) 14 (+2) 6 (-2) 10 (+0) 6 (-2)
Damage Resistances lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Auran
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
Air Form. The elemental can enter a hostile creature’s space and stop there. It can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
ACTIONS
Multiattack. The elemental makes two slam attacks.
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
Whirlwind (Recharge 4–6). Each creature in the elemental’s space must make a DC 13 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 15 (3d8 + 2)
bludgeoning damage and is flung up 20 feet away from the elemental in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes an object, such as
a wall or floor, the target takes 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature
must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone. If the saving throw is successful, the target takes half the
bludgeoning damage and isn’t flung away or knocked prone.

Xorn
August 10th, 2014, 14:50
I'm working on finishing up my Basic Rules par5e. It really wasn't that bad.

Maybe I can throw together a video of it this week.

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 15:00
Take out all the spaces at the ends of lines. When you paste into a text document extend the page out (or full screen it) and if the lines don't go to the edge of the screen there are hidden line breaks. Take them out and your two NPCs parse fine (I tested them). Especially the abilities need to be on one line.

This didn't work...there has got to be something else I am doing wrong. Still messing with it.

El Condoro
August 10th, 2014, 15:18
Did you start a new configuration and not use an existing one from previous versions? Beyond that I am stuck - as I say, your text worked fine for me.

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 15:26
Did you start a new configuration and not use an existing one from previous versions? Beyond that I am stuck - as I say, your text worked fine for me.

I'm stumped as well. When I parse I get no errors and in FG I open the module and see it in the library. When I open it in the library I can see the different heading to sort the npcs (alphabetical, challenge rating, class index) but none of the npcs I parsed are there.

viresanimi
August 10th, 2014, 15:39
Wouldn't it be an idea, for someone to post a picture or something, that says: If you want to Par5e this module - use these settings. I mean. That would be nice for us technically challenged, to have a place to go to, to see what settings are used for which modules.

Vires Animi

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 15:42
Wouldn't it be an idea, for someone to post a picture or something, that says: If you want to Par5e this module - use these settings. I mean. That would be nice for us technically challenged, to have a place to go to, to see what settings are used for which modules.

Vires Animi
Agreed!

El Condoro
August 10th, 2014, 15:53
For me, it has been the format of the text files that was the issue but here is my Monster Manual configuration (the ellipsis just replace the full path which is not relevant).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/PAR5E_monsters.png

El Condoro
August 10th, 2014, 16:02
and my PHB

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/PAR5E_phb.png

Spikenog
August 10th, 2014, 16:08
and my PHB

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/PAR5E_phb.png

Doing pretty much the exact but Par5e seems to not be seeing my npcs.text file. It makes the module but nothinng is in it.

Talen
August 10th, 2014, 17:37
I'm working on using the parser to create an adventurer module. The story entries have come out easily enough, but now Im encountering some issues with tables. Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated. Here's the tables.txt file for the table I have tried.

#@;Episode 1
##;Episode 1 Encounters
#!;Encounter Table
dice;d8
column;Encounter
row;1;6 kobolds
row;2;3 kobolds and 1 ambush drake (see appendix B)
row;3;6 cultists
row;4;4 cultists and 1 guard
row;5;2 cultists and 1 acolyte*
row;6;3 guards and 1 acolyte*
row;7;1d6 townsfolk being hunted by raiders (roll a d6 to determine the raiding group)
row;8;1d6 townsfolk hiding
* Acolytes have command prepared instead of sanctuary.

Bumamgar
August 10th, 2014, 18:37
I'm working on using the parser to create an adventurer module. The story entries have come out easily enough, but now Im encountering some issues with tables. Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated. Here's the tables.txt file for the table I have tried.

#@;Episode 1
##;Episode 1 Encounters
#!;Encounter Table
dice;d8
column;Encounter
row;1;6 kobolds
row;2;3 kobolds and 1 ambush drake (see appendix B)
row;3;6 cultists
row;4;4 cultists and 1 guard
row;5;2 cultists and 1 acolyte*
row;6;3 guards and 1 acolyte*
row;7;1d6 townsfolk being hunted by raiders (roll a d6 to determine the raiding group)
row;8;1d6 townsfolk hiding
* Acolytes have command prepared instead of sanctuary.
You need two numbers to represent the die range. Also, your notes should be between the #!; and the dice; entry.

#@;Episode 1
##;Episode 1 Encounters
#!;Encounter Table
Acolytes have command prepared instead of sanctuary.
dice;d8
column;Encounter
row;1;1;6 kobolds
row;2;2;3 kobolds and 1 ambush drake (see appendix B)
row;3;3;6 cultists
row;4;4;4 cultists and 1 guard
row;5;5;2 cultists and 1 acolyte*
row;6;6;3 guards and 1 acolyte*
row;7;7;1d6 townsfolk being hunted by raiders (roll a d6 to determine the raiding group)
row;8;8;1d6 townsfolk hiding
This is because some tables aren't just one number per item... ie: maybe it's a d20 table with 1-10 = No Encounter, 11 - 14 = Common encounter, 15-17 = Uncommon encounter, 18-19 = Rare encounter, 20 = Special or something along those lines... you would represent that this way:

#!;Encounter Table
dice;d20
column;Encounter
row;1;10;No Encounter
row;11;14;Common Encounter
row;15;17;Uncommon Encounter
row;18;19;Rare Encounter
row;20;20;Special

Irondrake
August 10th, 2014, 19:19
Oops, thought this was for another issue, I had to create a blank tables.txt and include that to get my backgrounds working correctly.

Talen
August 10th, 2014, 19:24
Ahhh! Bumamgar - that now makes sense. Thank you.

Talen
August 10th, 2014, 19:34
Followup question - When I zlink to the table that was created above in a story entry - which field am I linking to? #@; ##; or #!; ? I presumed The table name at ##; - but when the module parses - I get the appearance of a link to the table in the story entry, but when I click on the link, I get a runtime error.. Here's the story entry linking to the table:

#zls;
#zl;tables;Episode 1 Encounters
#zle;

Fihnakis
August 10th, 2014, 19:48
Just out of curiosity where do all the .txt files come from?

Bumamgar
August 10th, 2014, 20:17
Its #zl;table;Episode 1 Encounters (not ;tables;)

Treegreen
August 11th, 2014, 09:36
I've run into an odd issue trying to get the PHB Ranger working. It seems to hinge on two level 1 abilities (Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer), both of which get updates around levels 6, 10, and 14 or so.

In any event, if I code it like this:

#fe;Favored Enemy
#fe;Natural Explorer

the class parses and all the features are there, but favored enemy and natural explorer are not (obviously).

If I code it like this:

#fe;Favored Enemy;1
#fe;Natural Explorer;1

I get a malformed xml file. I'm sure I'm just missing something basic, but I'm at a loss on how to fix it.

*EDIT* Turned out it didn't like a list I tried to create in Natural Explorer. Changed how it displayed the benefits and got it to work.

Tidomann
August 11th, 2014, 15:02
Quick and dirty question- how can I add a line break (the equivalent of pressing enter) when inputing data into my text file. Ex:

Corrode Metal. Any nonmagical weapon made of metal that hits the ooze corrodes. After dealing damage, the weapon takes a permanent and cumulative −1 penalty to damage rolls. If its penalty drops to −5, the weapon is destroyed. Nonmagical ammunition made of metal that hits the ooze is destroyed after dealing damage.
The ooze can eat through 2-inch-thick, nonmagical metal in 1 round.

I wish to have the ooze can eat through 2-inch-thick line listed under the same action, but as a new paragraph or on a seperate line in the same box.

Zeus
August 11th, 2014, 15:29
Quick and dirty question- how can I add a line break (the equivalent of pressing enter) when inputing data into my text file. Ex:

I wish to have the ooze can eat through 2-inch-thick line listed under the same action, but as a new paragraph or on a seperate line in the same box.

If the entry supports formatted text you can use #p;The ooze can eat ...
If the entry does not support formattedtext, you can use \rThe ooze can eat ...

Tidomann
August 11th, 2014, 16:04
If the entry supports formatted text you can use #p;The ooze can eat ...
If the entry does not support formattedtext, you can use \rThe ooze can eat ...

Thankyou Zeus- I was trying variations of #p; but the actions do not support formatted text. \r works great.

Edit: To further this- is there a wiki or a list of these commands where formatted text is not supported? Example- bolding text within the same action box.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2014, 16:28
Edit: To further this- is there a wiki or a list of these commands where formatted text is not supported? Example- bolding text within the same action box.
If formatted text isn't supported then you can't format the text - i.e. making the text bold won't work. The way FG gets around this and allows bold and italic text to work in a non-formatted text control (string control, etc.) is to use a font that is already bold/italic for the control - which means that the whole text within that control would be bold/italic based off the single font being used for the whole control.

Other than the \r escape command, I'm not sure what else works within a non-formatted text control.

Tidomann
August 11th, 2014, 16:32
I hate to double post (nevermind, Trenloe to the rescue)- but ontop of the edit question above (which has now been answered)-

Should a trait or action have a per day or turn restriction IE- Sneak Attack (1/Turn). The assassin...

PAR5E attaches it to the previous trait or action. In the case that this is the 1st trait or action of the new NPC- it will be named under the last trait or action on the previous NPC.

IE. if Acolyte is before Adult Blue Dragon whose last action was club, and the first trait listed under Adult Blue Dragon is Legendary Resistance (3/day). If the... it will show up under the Dragon's traits as
Club.
Legendary Resistance (3/day). If the...

The easy way around this is to replace 3/day with 3 per day.

Is there a way to format the text in order to bypass this fix?

Edit: You are absolutely right Trenloe- for some reason I thought ctrl+b worked to bold action text- but it does not. Thanks!

Xorn
August 11th, 2014, 18:25
Just out of curiosity where do all the .txt files come from?

If you have the PDF you can Save As text and get a file to start working with. You can also just cut-n-past then remove line breaks, etc. If you don't the PDF, you can scan a page and use a free PDF reader like PDFXchange to OCR the text (it does a pretty good job, I did that with my Starter Set adventure--just use the second option when OCRing).

Lastly, you can just type them up. It's still much faster than manually writing XML.

(Remember, PDF to Text typically leaves a LOT of linebreaks that you don't want. I use Notepad++ with View > Show Symbol > End of Line turned on. Makes it easy to see where the line breaks you need to remove are. I also use AHK to make the thumb button on my mouse press Delete then Space, so I can quickly clean up the TXT file.

Irondrake
August 12th, 2014, 02:52
I have an odd issue. I have all kinds of things parsing now, but my backgrounds are giving me hell. The basic PDF backgrounds parsed fine, I had tables working. Suggested Characteristics didn't show the text but had all the tables. I went through and added all the player's handbook backgrounds...and none of them have tables. Not sure what is different other than I had parsed the other backgrounds previously.

Tidomann
August 12th, 2014, 17:04
Once I'm finished parsing the PHB I'll go through and make a video tutorial for PAR5E for those who asked.

Zeus
August 12th, 2014, 21:03
I have an odd issue. I have all kinds of things parsing now, but my backgrounds are giving me hell. The basic PDF backgrounds parsed fine, I had tables working. Suggested Characteristics didn't show the text but had all the tables. I went through and added all the player's handbook backgrounds...and none of them have tables. Not sure what is different other than I had parsed the other backgrounds previously.

Make sure you have Tables checked in the config pane when parsing Backgrounds. The embedded tables won't get output otherwise.

Zeus
August 12th, 2014, 21:04
Once I'm finished parsing the PHB I'll go through and make a video tutorial for PAR5E for those who asked.

That would be great Tidomann. I'm just finishing up Spells and my PHB will be completed.

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2014, 21:28
Token & NPC:

I had no problem getting things like commoner, bugbear, and kobold to attach their appropriate tokens, but for Ambush Drake, I had no luck. I started with trying ambush_drake.png. I tried ambush drake.png next. I even tried ambush_Drake.png (no luck).

I have noticed, however, that old tokens tend to linger in the temp file so that changing names, etc., leave behind versions that are no longer valid. Not sure if that'll cause problems going forward. I always cleaned out the temp file before testing a new name.

El Condoro
August 12th, 2014, 22:06
You guys who have the official PHB (in Australia, we won't get it until next week), how are you getting all that text into a 'PAR5E-able' form? Are you scanning and OCR-ing, typing by hand? It sounds like a huge amount of work in any case.

Bumamgar
August 12th, 2014, 22:21
You guys who have the official PHB (in Australia, we won't get it until next week), how are you getting all that text into a 'PAR5E-able' form? Are you scanning and OCR-ing, typing by hand? It sounds like a huge amount of work in any case.
I scanned and OCRed it. Took me about 12 hours over two days, finished it up last night.

Bumamgar
August 12th, 2014, 22:22
Token & NPC:

I had no problem getting things like commoner, bugbear, and kobold to attach their appropriate tokens, but for Ambush Drake, I had no luck. I started with trying ambush_drake.png. I tried ambush drake.png next. I even tried ambush_Drake.png (no luck).

I have noticed, however, that old tokens tend to linger in the temp file so that changing names, etc., leave behind versions that are no longer valid. Not sure if that'll cause problems going forward. I always cleaned out the temp file before testing a new name.
Use ambushdrake.png (simply remove spaces). This is another area where the docs don't match the reality.

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2014, 23:01
Use ambushdrake.png (simply remove spaces). This is another area where the docs don't match the reality.Ah! Thank you!

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2014, 23:31
Out of curiosity, how are people dealing with spellcasters (aka, the Acolyte)?

I put in some things like the attack for Sacred Flame, but the CT only shows the damage, not the save (but that can be reached through opening the acolyte itself). I added powers to the creature in question if it was "effectable/damage" type spell. I do not believe there's a way (currently) to track spell slots used.

Wondering if anyone has come up with some clever technique or format that seems to work well with the CT and NPCs of FG.

Thanks in advance!
SR

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 00:02
Busy entering he equipment tables for an Equipment module...how do I include descriptions for items? Where does the "flavor text go?

For example...if I am entering:

#@;ADVENTURING GEAR
#th;Item;Cost;Weight
#st;Gear
Antitoxin (vial);50 gp;-

Where does "Antitoxin (vial). A creature that drinks this vial of liquid gains advantage on saving throws against poison foe 1 hour. it confers no benefit to undead or constructs." go?

Thanks!

Irondrake
August 13th, 2014, 00:12
Backgrounds again...

I have tables checked...unless I'm missing some other location. Other than including the text in the text in the backgrounds, do you need to create the tables in the tables.txt file? Its only building the original 5 backgrounds...and failing on all of the others.

Xorn
August 13th, 2014, 01:08
Irondrake, the first thing I do when it's acting weirdly and should be working is close Par5e and blow out the \temp folder. Half the time that fixes it because something wasn't resetting properly there.

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 04:20
Did the new update mess with Par5e?

Been working on getting the monsters from the Basic DMG and, while I am able to parse and get no errors, the module is never actually created.

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 04:21
Double post...sorry.

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2014, 06:30
FG is not involved in the actual module creation. Is the .mod file missing or is it not showing up in the module activation window?

JPG

Galdrin
August 13th, 2014, 06:47
Did the new update mess with Par5e?

Been working on getting the monsters from the Basic DMG and, while I am able to parse and get no errors, the module is never actually created.

This probably isn't the issue but I had the same problem with Everything parsing fine but no mod-file was created untill I picked a small .png file to use as thumbnail for the mod. Unless you have already done this it might be Worth a try.

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2014, 12:40
Spikenog: You might also want to look at your tokens. Have you tried adding tokens to your NPCs yet? Any images or tokens in those directories at any point?

I had my NPCs compile through for a little while, but no module being created, and it was all due to a bad token in there. When I cleaned up the token and temp folder, everything started completing again.

So, if you are using tokens, I'd try cleaning up the TEMP directory, turning off tokens (just temporarily), and giving that a shot first. If it works without tokens, then you can figure out if there's something in there that's causing the problem.

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 12:47
FG is not involved in the actual module creation. Is the .mod file missing or is it not showing up in the module activation window?

JPG

Doesn't create at all. On the parse it stops at "npc windowlists" after showing green every monster and then saying ready. It sort of just stops...is my file to large?

It doesn't create the client.xml, definition.xml, or thumbnail.

This is with no tokens or images of any kind.

I even went back and reparsed a mod that works, the one I made for equipment, getting even worse results...Par5e is stopping before it gets to the input file it seems.

Irondrake
August 13th, 2014, 13:26
Yeah I've done that too Xorn. This is just weird. I found my problem finally...what looked like a single space in my text file turned out to be an invalid character (from the scanning) between the table items and numbers. Really screwed with it....and me.

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 13:59
Was able to get my equipment module working just fine...still have the same issue with my NPC module.

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2014, 15:07
Hate to say this, but when it comes to stuff like that... sometimes the only solution is to really strip it down to creature by creature.. or even just the basics.

Start with a clean Profile.. no load.. and put in all the fields.. Get a working thumbnail (from another mod) and then cut-n-paste just 1 creature that works from the PDF. Keep in mind, even the PDF is a little off because you need to move the stat numbers 10 (+0) line up to the STR DEX CON line.

Just compile that.. that should work.. then you can start adding in blocks of creatures you have.. til you find a block that won't parse. Then narrow down those til you find an individual that won't parse.

Spikenog
August 13th, 2014, 15:25
Hate to say this, but when it comes to stuff like that... sometimes the only solution is to really strip it down to creature by creature.. or even just the basics.

Start with a clean Profile.. no load.. and put in all the fields.. Get a working thumbnail (from another mod) and then cut-n-paste just 1 creature that works from the PDF. Keep in mind, even the PDF is a little off because you need to move the stat numbers 10 (+0) line up to the STR DEX CON line.

Just compile that.. that should work.. then you can start adding in blocks of creatures you have.. til you find a block that won't parse. Then narrow down those til you find an individual that won't parse.

Working on that now. What I don't understand is why all of the npcs are showing green in the parse yet it will not finish off the module.

Found the issue...for some reason (probably due to being overly tired last night) I had hit the TAB key about 6 times after "GIANT CONSTRICTOR SNAKE". Cleared that up and it worked fine.

Zeus
August 14th, 2014, 01:44
Uploaded new build v0.0.8-b21 to my site. See first post for link.

PAR5E has been updated following Wizards' updated release of the Player's Basic Rules v0.2, as well as the recently released Player's Handbook and DM Basic Rules v0.1. I have parsed all of these source books with this release of PAR5E and can confirm all content parses, including the new stat blocks for NPCs and Magic Items. Note: whilst the new content such as Legendary Actions for NPCs will be included in the module, until 5E is updated with a few changes you will not be able to see them. As soon as the ruleset is updated though, you will be good to go.

I didn't get a chance to update the documentation for NPCs and Magic Items, however you should be able to reference the stat blocks as per the DM Basic Rules as a guide to what PAR5E expects.

v0.0.8-b21

5E: npcs - added support for DM Basic Rules v0.1 stat blocks including legendary actions
5E: magicitems - added support for DM Basic Rules v0.1 stat blocks (magic items can include optional type and rarity):
5E: equipment - changed item text field to description to match CoreRPG base
Engine: updated to jdk8u
GUI: updated to ide v8

KlCrash
August 14th, 2014, 05:23
Anybody out there having invalid path issues? I have class.txt in module directory, but PAR5e is throwing invalid path error, not sure what I am doing wrong

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2014, 07:08
Just a warning.

There's some oddity with creatures coming out of the new DMG PDF. When I cut-n-pasted a bunch today, those with stats below 10 were getting parsed as 0s.

If I took a creature with a good parse (either all above 9 or one from a different source), and then used that as the framework for the DMG creatures (just the stat line), it worked. Don't even have to bother with the +/- portion because that is figured out by the system.

PS (edit}: It has something to do with their symbol for -... I noticed that the kobold Hit Points bracket came out weird (2d6 - 2 was shown as something like 2d6 0C32 2)

Zeus
August 14th, 2014, 14:48
Anybody out there having invalid path issues? I have class.txt in module directory, but PAR5e is throwing invalid path error, not sure what I am doing wrong

1) Make sure you have started with a fresh config file
2) Double check that you have your classes.txt file under the input folder inside your module path.

Just a warning.

There's some oddity with creatures coming out of the new DMG PDF. When I cut-n-pasted a bunch today, those with stats below 10 were getting parsed as 0s.

If I took a creature with a good parse (either all above 9 or one from a different source), and then used that as the framework for the DMG creatures (just the stat line), it worked. Don't even have to bother with the +/- portion because that is figured out by the system.

PS (edit}: It has something to do with their symbol for -... I noticed that the kobold Hit Points bracket came out weird (2d6 - 2 was shown as something like 2d6 0C32 2)

Fixed in the latest b23 version (see 1st post for link). Wizards decided to use yet another character code for hyphens. Also fixed Tools Weight output for records and Tools table.

khersheyjr
August 14th, 2014, 23:42
Hi all. I'm trying to take a stab at the parser for my first time and I am clearly not doing something correct. I am trying to just start small and build from there using just the background Acolyte. I have created a text as follows:

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life in the service o f a temple to a specific god or pantheon of gods. You act as an intermediary between the realm of the holy and the mortal world, performing sacred rites and offering sacrifices in order to conduct worshipers into the presence of the divine. You are not necessarily a cleric-performing sacred rites is not the same thing as channeling divine power.
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, or some other quasi-divine being from among those listed in appendix B or those specified by your DM, and work with your DM to detail the nature o f your religious service. Were you a lesser functionary in a temple, raised from childhood to assist the priests in the sacred rites? Or were you a high priest who suddenly experienced a call to serve your god in a different way?
Perhaps you were the leader o f a small cult outside of any established temple structure, or even an occult group that served a fiendish master that you now deny.
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion
Languages: Two of your choice
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book or prayer wheel, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful
As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.
You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.
Suggested Characteristics
Acolytes are shaped by their experience in temples or other religious communities. Their study of the history and tenets of their faith and their relationships to temples, shrines, or hierarchies affect their mannerisms and ideals. Their flaws might be some hidden hypocrisy or heretical idea, or an ideal or bond taken to an extreme.

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example.
3 I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen
4 Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
5 I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
6 I am tolerant (or intolerant) of other faiths and respect (or condemn) the worship of other gods.
7 I've enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temple’s elite. Rough living grates on me.
8 I’ve spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.

d6 Ideal
1 Tradition. The ancient traditions o f worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld. (Lawful)
2 Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
3 Change. We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)
4 Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith’s religious hierarchy. (Lawful)
5 Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
6 Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my god’s favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings. (Any)

d6 Bond
1 I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
2 I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.
3 I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
4 Everything I do is for the common people.
5 I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.
6 I seek to preserve a sacred text that my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy.

d6 Flaw
1 I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
2 I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy.
3 My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.
4 I am inflexible in my thinking.
5 I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
6 Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

I have named this text Backgrounds.txt which I have in a folder named Input on my desktop for windows.
For Module name I am using Backgrounds, ID is PHB Backgrounds, and category is Backgrounds. All the module file paths I have pointed at Desktop. The program parses through and I end up with a Background.mod but when I place it inside the FG directory for modules and load up it up there is nothing showing Backgrounds. I have the ruleset selected to 5e.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Xorn
August 15th, 2014, 03:38
On the PAR5E config tab (1st tab), you need to Check "Tables" as something to produce. It will still fire off even without a tables.txt. Had the same issue myself.

khersheyjr
August 15th, 2014, 04:33
Im getting the same result :(

El Condoro
August 15th, 2014, 08:43
From the user guide for PAR5E: All data input paths are relative to the Module Path defined at the top of the configuration tab.

Make sure your input folder and others are set relative to the modules folder in the FG folders.

Also, make sure you have some graphic to use as the icon.

Zeus
August 15th, 2014, 10:26
@khersheyjr,

1. Rename your Backgrounds.txt to backgrounds.txt and make sure its in an input folder inside your module folder.
2. Make sure to tick the Backgrounds and Tables entries in the config pane (list of data items in the lower half of the screen).

Zeus
August 15th, 2014, 10:33

PAR5E uses a relative path derived from the module source path to determine input file paths. All module input files are expected to be inside a folder called input which should be inside your module source path folder.

e.g. Module source path = C:\Modules\Basic Rules - Player therefore all input files should be under C:\Modules\Basic Rules - Player\input\ . Therefore for Classes the inout path expected would be C:\Modules\Basic Rules - Player\input\class.txt

Therefore, move your class.txt from the module source path into a subfolder called input and try again.

khersheyjr
August 15th, 2014, 18:05
Thanks guys! finally got it to work with all the suggestions. After reading El-Condoro's post I put my input folder with the backgrounds.txt inside the modules folder for FG and I also renamed Backgrounds.txt to backgrounds.txt while checking both fields. Worked perfectly. Now to take a bit more later today.

khersheyjr
August 15th, 2014, 19:46
7278When parsing the Entertainer and Folk Hero backgrounds I am running into a small problem. For Entertainer the issue is for the table Entertainer Routine, it is leaving out #10 of the chart. Getting a similar issue with Folk Hero for the Folk Hero Defining event leaving off #10 for that table. It seems that anything with a table containing 10 or more entries under the Backgrounds is having the same issue.

Zeus
August 15th, 2014, 22:21
7278When parsing the Entertainer and Folk Hero backgrounds I am running into a small problem. For Entertainer the issue is for the table Entertainer Routine, it is leaving out #10 of the chart. Getting a similar issue with Folk Hero for the Folk Hero Defining event leaving off #10 for that table. It seems that anything with a table containing 10 or more entries under the Backgrounds is having the same issue.

Bug. Found it and squashed it. The fix will be included in the new build for this weekend.

khersheyjr
August 15th, 2014, 23:18
Working on classes now. Keeps hanging up on make Tables (reference) and goes no further. 7279 the file I am using for class.txt is here:
https://www.filedropper.com/class_2
I have class.txt and tables checked

El Condoro
August 15th, 2014, 23:27
I just tested your file and it parsed fine - once I removed the extra ##; at the beginning. Should only be one.

khersheyjr
August 15th, 2014, 23:29
Thanks!

El Condoro
August 16th, 2014, 00:33
Is the Legendary actions section of an NPC parsing? I just tried to put in the Androsphinx and it all worked fine except for that section. What should be the syntax/format? Cheers

khersheyjr
August 16th, 2014, 02:05
Bah! Trying to parse a different class this time. Something is causing it to go bonkers. Can someone have a look and see where I went wrong please? https://www.filedropper.com/class_3

Thanks

El Condoro
August 16th, 2014, 05:49
I have found PAR5E to be amazingly powerful and a huge time saver but also very frustrating at times. :) The link is to a druid text file that works based off yours. I found that you did not have an "Equipment" heading after Skills and that some #h should be #bp (I think!). The main one that took a lot of time to find was a space after one of the features, so #fe;Feature;15 with a space after it. Yep, go figure. Now it works.

What I did in the absence of a better system was to have a copy of the druid details in one text file, the classes.txt file and just cut from one to the other one small chunk at a time and then parse after each new chunk. That way I could isolate where in the classes.txt file the issue was occurring and then find the little bugger.

I also leave out all the extraneous text that can be found easily in the PHB and just stick to adding those things that are needed in FG, but that's just my preference, although I do find it makes troubleshooting parse easier. Anyway, is fix.

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Misc/druid.txt

Xorn
August 16th, 2014, 06:38
FYI, #bp; (bold first paragraph) and #h; (header text) aren't required in Class parses; they are aesthetic. The text in red in the doc is the only required fields, besides the ##;ClassName at the start.

El Condoro
August 16th, 2014, 06:54
That's what I thought. it must have been that space and the Equipment heading that were the real issues.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 13:08
All, new updated build uploaded to my site.

v0.0.8-b24

Engine: added unicode \u00C3 (x - Windows) character conversion
Engine: added clean temp folder step prior to parse action
5E: docs - npc and encounter npc token linking updated; encounter format update, various corrections
5E: backgrounds - fixed a bug which prevented tables with greater than 9 rows from being parsed
5E: encounters - added support for separate title field for encounter NPC entries (request from Xorn)
5E: story - new frame tag support added (#zf;)

Note the format change to Encounter NPCs. I also updated the documentation for the 5E lib to include relevant fixes and updates, make sure to note the documentation fix for npc token linking (drop all whitespace from the token filename rather than replacing with _).

Z.

El Condoro
August 16th, 2014, 15:23
Is the Legendary Actions section of NPCs supported? I can't see it in the documentation.

e.g. androsphinx: https://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/MM_Sphinx.pdf

Bumamgar
August 16th, 2014, 17:26
Rollable tables do not support embedded html tags, specifically, italic tags

row;77;78;You cast <i>polymorph</i> on yourself. If you fail the saving throw, you turn into a sheep for the spell's duration.
row;79;80;Illusory butterflies and flower petals flutter in the air within 10 feet of you for the next minute.
row;81;82;You can take one additional action immediately.
row;83;84;Each creature within 30 feet of you takes 1d10 necrotic damage. You regain hit points equal to the sum of the necrotic damage dealt.
row;85;86;You cast <i>mirror image</i>.
row;87;88;You cast <i>fly</i> on a random creature within 60 feet of you.
row;89;90;You become invisible for the next minute. Dur...

This parses but everything after the start of an HTML tag gets truncated. I tried using #iw; instead, and it results in "You cast #iw" with everything after the ; truncated (which makes sense of course)

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 17:46
Is the Legendary Actions section of NPCs supported? I can't see it in the documentation.

e.g. androsphinx: https://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/MM_Sphinx.pdf

Yes. I just forgot to add that to the docs. I'll add it for next update. Here's the updated syntax for NPCs

[{Name of Monster}\n
{Tiny|Small|Medium|Large|Huge|Gargantuan} {Aberration|Beast|Celestial|Construct|Dragon|Eleme ntal|Fey|Fiend|Giant|Humanoid|Monstrosity|Ooze|Pla nt|Undead}, {alignment}\n
Armor Class #\n
Hit Points # (#d#);
Speed {speeds}\n
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#)
Saving Throws {text}\n
Skills {text}\n
Damage Vulnerabilities {text}\n
Damage Resistances {text}\n
Damage Immunities {text}\n
Condition Immunities {text}\n
Senses {senses}\n
Languages [{language},]\n
Challenge # (# XP)\n
[{trait name}. {trait text}\n ]
ACTIONS\n
[{action name}. {action text}\n ]
REACTIONS\n
[{reaction name}. {reaction text}\n ]
LEGENDARY ACTIONS\n
[{legendary action name}. {legendary action text}\n ]

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 17:50
Rollable tables do not support embedded html tags, specifically, italic tags

row;77;78;You cast <i>polymorph</i> on yourself. If you fail the saving throw, you turn into a sheep for the spell's duration.
row;79;80;Illusory butterflies and flower petals flutter in the air within 10 feet of you for the next minute.
row;81;82;You can take one additional action immediately.
row;83;84;Each creature within 30 feet of you takes 1d10 necrotic damage. You regain hit points equal to the sum of the necrotic damage dealt.
row;85;86;You cast <i>mirror image</i>.
row;87;88;You cast <i>fly</i> on a random creature within 60 feet of you.
row;89;90;You become invisible for the next minute. Dur...

This parses but everything after the start of an HTML tag gets truncated. I tried using #iw; instead, and it results in "You cast #iw" with everything after the ; truncated (which makes sense of course)

Bumanger. Table results in CoreRPG/5E are simple text string fields, they are not formattedtext fields, hence no support for formattedtext/html tags, hence no support in PAR5E for embedded html tags in table results fields.

khersheyjr
August 16th, 2014, 18:44
Thanks, however when the parse builds a module just based on that file it is crashing Fantasy Grounds for me :( I tried a couple other classes last night with crashes. Once I yank out the module from the folder FG works fine again. Im not sure what I am doing wrong. 72867287

I have found PAR5E to be amazingly powerful and a huge time saver but also very frustrating at times. :) The link is to a druid text file that works based off yours. I found that you did not have an "Equipment" heading after Skills and that some #h should be #bp (I think!). The main one that took a lot of time to find was a space after one of the features, so #fe;Feature;15 with a space after it. Yep, go figure. Now it works.

What I did in the absence of a better system was to have a copy of the druid details in one text file, the classes.txt file and just cut from one to the other one small chunk at a time and then parse after each new chunk. That way I could isolate where in the classes.txt file the issue was occurring and then find the little bugger.

I also leave out all the extraneous text that can be found easily in the PHB and just stick to adding those things that are needed in FG, but that's just my preference, although I do find it makes troubleshooting parse easier. Anyway, is fix.

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Misc/druid.txt

khersheyjr
August 16th, 2014, 18:44
I'll try those suggestions. thanks

FYI, #bp; (bold first paragraph) and #h; (header text) aren't required in Class parses; they are aesthetic. The text in red in the doc is the only required fields, besides the ##;ClassName at the start.

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2014, 20:25
Okay.. so that didn't work either.. lol

So, for backgrounds, I decided I might want to just add links to each item for quick addition to the character sheet. Unfortunately, it's not working. Here's what I have tried:

#zls;
#zl;item;Amulet;Holy Symbol (Amulet)
#zl;item;Emblem;Holy Symbol (Emblem)
#zl;item;Reliquary;Holy Symbol (Reliquary)
#zle;

AND

#zls;
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Amulet
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Emblem
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Reliquary
#zle;

I also tried it without the labels (#zl;item;Amulet, etc). What I get is just blank items with the correct names, but not data associated.
With referenceadventuringgear, I am not getting anything. No list, no link, no reference.

The equipment.txt entries look like this (under ADVENTURING GEAR):

#st;Holy Symbol
Amulet;5 gp;1 lb.
Emblem;5 gp;—
Reliquary;5 gp;2 lb.

Amulet. A holy symbol is a ...
Emblem. A holy symbol is a ...
Reliquary. A holy symbol is a ...

The items are showing up in the library fine. No trouble there.

One thought that did cross my mind is that I am using equipment for just Ref(erence), not for Cmp(Tabs). Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance!
SR

Bumamgar
August 16th, 2014, 20:36
Bumanger. Table results in CoreRPG/5E are simple text string fields, they are not formattedtext fields, hence no support for formattedtext/html tags, hence no support in PAR5E for embedded html tags in table results fields.
Duh, of course! That makes perfect sense.

That makes me sad, however, as the convention in D&D has always been to make spell names italic, and now I can't do that in the Wild Surge table :( Oh well, maybe a future version of Fantasy Grounds will support formattedtext in table results.

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 20:36
i for some reason am not getting anything from the parse and this is the data block i am using. I copy it into the console and it runs with no errors reported. but no data is saved.

Ambush Drake
Medium dragon, unaligned
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 22 (4d6 + 8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 13 (+1) 15 (+2) 14 (+2) 4 (–3) 11 (+0) 6 (–2)
Skills Perception +4, Stealth +4
Damage Resistances poison
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages understands Draconic but can’t speak it
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Pack Tactics. The drake has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the drake’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
Surprise Attack. If the drake surprises a creature and hits it with an attack during the first round of combat, the target takes an extra 7 (2d6) damage from the attack.
Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 20:54
Thanks, however when the parse builds a module just based on that file it is crashing Fantasy Grounds for me :( I tried a couple other classes last night with crashes. Once I yank out the module from the folder FG works fine again. Im not sure what I am doing wrong. 72867287

OK. From the screenshots it looks like you have set the Module source, temp and FG module paths to be the same? This is not correct. Please ensure you read the supplied documentation.

I would suggest creating a folder in your home drive or on your desktop and call it something like classmodule, then inside this folder create two more folders, input and output. Place your classes.txt file in the input subfolder. Optionally place a thumbnail.png file in the class module folder. Now open PAR5E and set the config as follows:

Module Name: Classes

Module Category: Core Rules

Module ID: 5ECL

Module Source Path: <path to classmodule folder>

Module Thumbnail Path <path to classmodule folder>\thumbnail.png

Module Temp Path: <path to classmodule>\output

FG Modules Path: <fg modules path>

Now make sure the ruleset is set to 5E and that Classes is checked in the config pane. Save your config as <path to classmodule>\config.properties. Now try and Parse. You should get a module in your FG modules folder named Classes.mod. If FG is already open type /save in the chat window and then /reload all. Once the ruleset reloads you should find the Classes.mod in Modules and it should work fine. If it crashes FG, then there is something else afoot - I would triple check your classes.txt follows the exact syntax specified in the documentation and does not include any foreign non-ASCII characters.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 21:03
Okay.. so that didn't work either.. lol

So, for backgrounds, I decided I might want to just add links to each item for quick addition to the character sheet. Unfortunately, it's not working. Here's what I have tried:

#zls;
#zl;item;Amulet;Holy Symbol (Amulet)
#zl;item;Emblem;Holy Symbol (Emblem)
#zl;item;Reliquary;Holy Symbol (Reliquary)
#zle;

AND

#zls;
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Amulet
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Emblem
#zl;referenceadventuringgear;Reliquary
#zle;

I also tried it without the labels (#zl;item;Amulet, etc). What I get is just blank items with the correct names, but not data associated.
With referenceadventuringgear, I am not getting anything. No list, no link, no reference.

The equipment.txt entries look like this (under ADVENTURING GEAR):

#st;Holy Symbol
Amulet;5 gp;1 lb.
Emblem;5 gp;—
Reliquary;5 gp;2 lb.

Amulet. A holy symbol is a ...
Emblem. A holy symbol is a ...
Reliquary. A holy symbol is a ...

The items are showing up in the library fine. No trouble there.

One thought that did cross my mind is that I am using equipment for just Ref(erence), not for Cmp(Tabs). Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance!
SR

If you output to campaign the #zl;item is the correct class to use, if you output to the reference library then #zl;referenceadventuringgear, #zl;armour, #zl;weapon, #zl;tool etc. etc are the correct classes to use.

Your first example should work if you output to Campaign as well. I'll double check reference linking for individual items which I may have broken in the last couple of updates.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 21:06
i for some reason am not getting anything from the parse and this is the data block i am using. I copy it into the console and it runs with no errors reported. but no data is saved.

Ambush Drake
Medium dragon, unaligned
Hit Points 22 (4d6 + 8)
Speed 30 ft.
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Pack Tactics. The drake has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the drake’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
Surprise Attack. If the drake surprises a creature and hits it with an attack during the first round of combat, the target takes an extra 7 (2d6) damage from the attack.
Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.

It looks correct. Can you post up a screenshot of your config and the console output the tool reports. We can the eliminate any setup issue. Also make sure that your npcs.txt file doesn't contain any non-ASCII characters (particularly if you copied the text in from a PDF).

khersheyjr
August 16th, 2014, 21:10
Thanks Zeus. I followed those directions and it worked.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 21:14
Thanks Zeus. I followed those directions and it worked.

Great, glad its all working.

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 21:15
72887289here they are.

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2014, 21:15
If you output to campaign the #zl;item is the correct class to use, if you output to the reference library then #zl;referenceadventuringgear, #zl;armour, #zl;weapon, #zl;tool etc. etc are the correct classes to use.

Your first example should work if you output to Campaign as well. I'll double check reference linking for individual items which I may have broken in the last couple of updates.
Setting the equipment.txt to CMP does, indeed, fix it for the first. I suppose I can live with the extra tabs. ;)

yondar
August 16th, 2014, 21:27
For some reason I cannot get the elf to parse. Please can someone have a look at it and see where i'm going wrong, thanks.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 21:52
For some reason I cannot get the elf to parse. Please can someone have a look at it and see where i'm going wrong, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luiy2ae1lc0llil/races.txt

Change the line that reads #h;Traits to #h;Elf Traits

Also, the text is littered with non-printable characters (a side effect from copying the text in from a PDF), these should be removed/substituted. I use TextMate on Mac which has an option to remove non-printable characters, I can't remember if Notepad++ offers something similar, but I generally cleanse all my text before attempting to parse just to eliminate potential problems.

yondar
August 16th, 2014, 21:54
Ok Thanks, will do

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 22:32
ok, i guess i cant figure this out.

Zeus
August 16th, 2014, 23:09
ok, i guess i cant figure this out.

Apologies. I missed your posted screenshots.

In either case take a look at this earlier post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e&p=184448&viewfull=1#post184448) in which I provide some guidance on how to setup PAR5E to parse a module. From looking at your screenshots, you cannot set the module source path, temp path and FG module paths all to be the same. Also, the module ID should be a unique name that can include numbers but it should not be a single number on its own.

I included extensive documentation with PAR5E. I'd recommend spending 5 minutes reading through the user guide again.

El Condoro
August 16th, 2014, 23:16
Yes. I just forgot to add that to the docs. I'll add it for next update. Here's the updated syntax for NPCs

[{Name of Monster}\n
{Tiny|Small|Medium|Large|Huge|Gargantuan} {Aberration|Beast|Celestial|Construct|Dragon|Eleme ntal|Fey|Fiend|Giant|Humanoid|Monstrosity|Ooze|Pla nt|Undead}, {alignment}\n
Armor Class #\n
Hit Points # (#d#);
Speed {speeds}\n
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#) # (-/+#)
Saving Throws {text}\n
Skills {text}\n
Damage Vulnerabilities {text}\n
Damage Resistances {text}\n
Damage Immunities {text}\n
Condition Immunities {text}\n
Senses {senses}\n
Challenge # (# XP)\n
ACTIONS\n
REACTIONS\n
LEGENDARY ACTIONS\n
[{legendary action name}. {legendary action text}\n ]

Thanks, but no matter what I do I can't get them to appear. Is it definitely in the FG ruleset build? Maybe the parse is working but there's no field on the NPC sheet for it?

Edit: Dumb of me not to check first but there does not appear to be a Legendary Actions field on the NPC sheet.

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 23:23
sorry, i am getting nothing in the module once loaded in FG, also in the db.xml file.

khersheyjr
August 16th, 2014, 23:49
Working on spells now:

#@;
Cleric Spells

Cantrips (0 Level)
Guidance
Light
Resistance
Sacred Flame
Spare the Dying
Thaumaturgy

1st Level
Bless
Command
Cure Wounds
Detect Magic
Guiding Bolt
Healing Word
Inflict Wounds
Sanctuary
Shield of Faith

##;
Aid
2nd-level abjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (a tiny strip of white cloth)
Duration: 8 hours
Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and
resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range.
Each target’s hit point maximum and current hit points
increase by 5 for the duration.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using
a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target’s hit points
increase by an additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.

Antimagic Field
8th-level abjuration
Range: Self (10-foot-radius sphere)
Components: V, S, M (a pinch of powdered iron or iron filings)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
AA 10-foot-radius invisible sphere of antimagic surrounds
you. This area is divorced from the magical energy that
suffuses the multiverse. Within the sphere, spells can’t
be cast, summoned creatures disappear, and even magic
items become mundane. Until the spell ends, the sphere
moves with you, centered on you.
Spells and other magical effects, except those created
by an artifact or a deity, are suppressed in the sphere
and can’t protrude into it. A slot expended to cast
a suppressed spell is consumed. While an effect is
suppressed, it doesn’t function, but the time it spends
suppressed counts against its duration.
STargeted Effects. Spells and other magical effects,
such as magic missile and charm person, that target
a creature or an object in the sphere have no effect on
that target.
Areas of Magic. The area of another spell or magical
effect, such as fireball, can’t extend into the sphere.
If the sphere overlaps an area of magic, the part of
the area that is covered by the sphere is suppressed.
For example, the flames created by a wall of fire are
suppressed within the sphere, creating a gap in the wall
if the overlap is large enough.
Spells. Any active spell or other magical effect on a
creature or an object in the sphere is suppressed while
the creature or object is in it.
Magic Items. The properties and powers of
magic items are suppressed in the sphere. For
example, a +1 longsword in the sphere functions as a
nonmagical longsword.
A magic weapon’s properties and powers are
suppressed if it is used against a target in the sphere or
wielded by an attacker in the sphere. If a magic weapon
or a piece of magic ammunition fully leaves the sphere
(for example, if you fire a magic arrow or throw a magic
spear at a target outside the sphere), the magic of the
item ceases to be suppressed as soon as it exits.
Magical Travel. Teleportation and planar travel
fail to work in the sphere, whether the sphere is the
destination or the departure point for such magical
travel. A portal to another location, world, or plane of
existence, as well as an opening to an extradimensional
space such as that created by the rope trick spell,
temporarily closes while in the sphere.
Creatures and Objects. A creature or object
summoned or created by magic temporarily winks out
of existence in the sphere. Such a creature instantly
reappears once the space the creature occupied is no
longer within the sphere.
Dispel Magic. Spells and magical effects such as
dispel magic have no effect on the sphere. Likewise, the
spheres created by different antimagic field spells don’t
nullify each other.

Which once parsed looks like this:7290 Not sure why the Cantrips aren't showing up as cantrips on the list

El Condoro
August 17th, 2014, 00:06
The documentation says to make it "Cantrips (0 level)" but my spells.txt - which parses fine - only has it as "Cantrips". Try that and see how it goes.

tlavalle
August 17th, 2014, 00:11
ok here is what i get after the par5e. 7291 if anyone has any ideas please help me :) i am at a loss

khersheyjr
August 17th, 2014, 00:17
Getting the same result when I knock the (o level) from cantrips

El Condoro
August 17th, 2014, 00:30
Getting the same result when I knock the (o level) from cantrips

Since spells.txt needs exactly the same names for spells in the block of names as in the spell block under it - start with a couple of spells and see if you can parse them. So maybe:

#@;
Cleric Spells

Cantrips
Guidance
Light

##;
Guidance
(Details)

Light
(Details)

El Condoro
August 17th, 2014, 00:32
ok here is what i get after the par5e. 7291 if anyone has any ideas please help me :) i am at a loss

Can you put up a shot of your par5e config and also a sample from your npcs.txt, too? That might give some clues...

tlavalle
August 17th, 2014, 00:44
ok here they are7292 here is the sample

Ambush Drake
Medium dragon, unaligned
Hit Points 22 (4d6 + 8)
Speed 30 ft.
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Actions

there you have it. this is after what zeus suggested to fix.

Xorn
August 17th, 2014, 02:02
Did you enter the spell descriptions for the cantrips yet? Any spell in the spell list that does not have a matching spell description will list as level -1. (That's how I found out two spells--Destructive Smite and Trap the Soul--do not have descriptions in the PHB. :P)

khersheyjr
August 17th, 2014, 02:23
I am currently adding them. Yes you and El condoro were correct that I just need to add spell descriptions. Thanks. Good find on those 2 spells

El Condoro
August 17th, 2014, 03:50
@tlavalle: add a thumbnail of some sort. I have found that it is required. Otherwise, it seems OK but I didn't check too thoroughly - I will if the thumbnail doesn't fix it.

Xorn
August 17th, 2014, 03:50
I am currently adding them. Yes you and El condoro were correct that I just need to add spell descriptions. Thanks. Good find on those 2 spells

Well, after I finished putting in the whole spell section of the PHB, it didn't take long to see two spells at Level -1 in FG2. :)

tlavalle
August 17th, 2014, 04:36
i did add a thumbnail, still nothing is added :(

Zeus
August 17th, 2014, 09:12
Thanks, but no matter what I do I can't get them to appear. Is it definitely in the FG ruleset build? Maybe the parse is working but there's no field on the NPC sheet for it?

Edit: Dumb of me not to check first but there does not appear to be a Legendary Actions field on the NPC sheet.

The FG ruleset build your running requires updating. I have submitted the changes required as part of an extension however John is currently at GenCon so dev work has slowed down a little this week.

Zeus
August 17th, 2014, 09:14
sorry, i am getting nothing in the module once loaded in FG, also in the db.xml file.

Sent you a PM.

Zeus
August 17th, 2014, 09:20
Working on spells now:

#@;
Cleric Spells

Cantrips (0 Level)
Guidance
Light
Resistance
Sacred Flame
Spare the Dying
Thaumaturgy

1st Level
Bless
Command
Cure Wounds
Detect Magic
Guiding Bolt
Healing Word
Inflict Wounds
Sanctuary
Shield of Faith

##;
Aid
2nd-level abjuration
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (a tiny strip of white cloth)
Duration: 8 hours
Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and
resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range.
Each target’s hit point maximum and current hit points
increase by 5 for the duration.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using
a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target’s hit points
increase by an additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.

Antimagic Field
8th-level abjuration
Range: Self (10-foot-radius sphere)
Components: V, S, M (a pinch of powdered iron or iron filings)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
AA 10-foot-radius invisible sphere of antimagic surrounds
you. This area is divorced from the magical energy that
suffuses the multiverse. Within the sphere, spells can’t
be cast, summoned creatures disappear, and even magic
items become mundane. Until the spell ends, the sphere
moves with you, centered on you.
Spells and other magical effects, except those created
by an artifact or a deity, are suppressed in the sphere
and can’t protrude into it. A slot expended to cast
a suppressed spell is consumed. While an effect is
suppressed, it doesn’t function, but the time it spends
suppressed counts against its duration.
STargeted Effects. Spells and other magical effects,
such as magic missile and charm person, that target
a creature or an object in the sphere have no effect on
that target.
Areas of Magic. The area of another spell or magical
effect, such as fireball, can’t extend into the sphere.
If the sphere overlaps an area of magic, the part of
the area that is covered by the sphere is suppressed.
For example, the flames created by a wall of fire are
suppressed within the sphere, creating a gap in the wall
if the overlap is large enough.
Spells. Any active spell or other magical effect on a
creature or an object in the sphere is suppressed while
the creature or object is in it.
Magic Items. The properties and powers of
magic items are suppressed in the sphere. For
example, a +1 longsword in the sphere functions as a
nonmagical longsword.
A magic weapon’s properties and powers are
suppressed if it is used against a target in the sphere or
wielded by an attacker in the sphere. If a magic weapon
or a piece of magic ammunition fully leaves the sphere
(for example, if you fire a magic arrow or throw a magic
spear at a target outside the sphere), the magic of the
item ceases to be suppressed as soon as it exits.
Magical Travel. Teleportation and planar travel
fail to work in the sphere, whether the sphere is the
destination or the departure point for such magical
travel. A portal to another location, world, or plane of
existence, as well as an opening to an extradimensional
space such as that created by the rope trick spell,
temporarily closes while in the sphere.
Creatures and Objects. A creature or object
summoned or created by magic temporarily winks out
of existence in the sphere. Such a creature instantly
reappears once the space the creature occupied is no
longer within the sphere.
Dispel Magic. Spells and magical effects such as
dispel magic have no effect on the sphere. Likewise, the
spheres created by different antimagic field spells don’t
nullify each other.

Which once parsed looks like this:7290 Not sure why the Cantrips aren't showing up as cantrips on the list

When parsing spells, PAR5E uses the Index section to build a mapping between a spell name and the school and class the spell belongs to (this because Wizards chose not to embed class information as part of the spell stat block). Having said that, the actual Spells themselves are not added to a module until PAR5E receives a description of the spell, once received if the spell is in the index, the spell will be added, if not the spell is discarded (since we do not have a view of the school/class).

Therefore, you will not see Spells in the output until PAR5E detects at least one reference listed under the Index section as well as the spell description block itself.

Zeus
August 17th, 2014, 09:23
The documentation says to make it "Cantrips (0 level)" but my spells.txt - which parses fine - only has it as "Cantrips". Try that and see how it goes.

The line being searched for by PAR5E should be Cantrips (0 level), however Cantrips will also work. Its because the regular expression I'm using for the capture is set to "\\ACantrips.*" - which means a line with the first word set as Cantrips followed by any combination of characters.

tlavalle
August 17th, 2014, 15:47
this is a doh! moment. I figure it out. I didn't have the directory and file structure ie i didn't have an input folder. thanks all for helping. i guess when you look at something for to long you dont see the obvious. :)

Xorn
August 17th, 2014, 18:35
https://puu.sh/aWsqa/0be78ed945.png

Whew! Done with my first PAR5E of an adventure module! Lost Mine of Phandelver is ready!

(There are times where it felt a lot faster than building an adventure inside FG2, and other times it felt slower. Overall I think it was probably faster; certainly a LOT faster to add entries on the fly!)

Olodrin
August 17th, 2014, 19:36
Hey all,

Totally jazzed about Par5e; also apparently too dumb to use it.

I wanted to make sure I got the pathing right before I dived in with a ton of marked-up content.

After looking through Z's documentation, it looked like Magic Items fit the bill.

I copy and pasted Gauntlets of Ogre Power from the magic items section of Z's manual into a the file named magicitems.txt

I set up the pathing, checked the Ref box for the magicitems Data Item and hit parse.

This created a module, with a single section which does show up in my library.

While the Magic Items header appears in the module, clicking on that header shows it to be empty, the gauntlets do not appear.

I feel like I'm missing something here - is there an index file or something that I need to build/include?

Thanks,
Olodrin

Bumamgar
August 17th, 2014, 20:20
In backgrounds, "Suggested Characteristics" is skipping the descriptive text. Also, what is the proper way to include "variants" (ie: Variant Criminal: Spy)..

A snippet of my input file:

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life in the service
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, or som
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you
As an acolyte, you command the respect o
You might also have ties to a specific t
Acolytes are shaped by their experience

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero of my fait
2 I can find common ground between the f
3 I see omens in every event and action.
4 Nothing can shake my optimistic attitu

In FG this results in:7296

The PAR5E documentation example:

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life …
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, …
Perhaps you were the leader …
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer…
As an acolyte, you command …
You might also have ties to a specific …
Acolytes are shaped by their experience …

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero …
2 I can find common ground between …
3 I see omens in every event and action …

yondar
August 17th, 2014, 21:13
Par5e some magic items from Hoard of the Dragon Queen, everything seems to parse ok except it looks like the following:-

Looking at the XML file I can see the same problems, if I change the XML file re-zip it and change it to a mod file I presume this will get it sorted.

Bumamgar
August 17th, 2014, 21:17
Parsing equipment...

The docs and parser require "Waterbourne Vehicles" but the PHB and the correct spelling is "Waterborne Vehicles"

For some reason, even though my source file only has the description for 'Shield' one time, the Shield item has the description twice...

Adventuring gear, if you actually want things to line up properly, requires a subtype of #st;Standard for the normal gear, and then at the end you put things like 'Ammunition', etc. The documentation simply starts off with #st;Ammunition so if someone were to follow the docs, would end up with 'Abacus' categorized as 'Ammunition' :)

Edit
Actually, adding #st;Standard doesn't work and causes that entire section to be skipped.

Removing the subtype appears to work just fine, but the parser then marks every item as red in the console when parsing.

Bumamgar
August 17th, 2014, 21:59
Feats: As I add feats, I've noticed that the last one isn't showing up after compiling. Probably easily solved with a dummy feat at the end (##;zzz) but it seems to hold true for each type of feat I have added (regardless of if they have a list or just are paragraph entries, etc).

This bug still exists as of v0.0.8-b24

Talen
August 18th, 2014, 00:30

Whew! Done with my first PAR5E of an adventure module! Lost Mine of Phandelver is ready!

(There are times where it felt a lot faster than building an adventure inside FG2, and other times it felt slower. Overall I think it was probably faster; certainly a LOT faster to add entries on the fly!)

Xorn, any advice on how you ocr'd the adventure? I've taken a couple stabs at it, but the image quality was never up to par.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 00:36
Xorn, any advice on how you ocr'd the adventure? I've taken a couple stabs at it, but the image quality was never up to par.

I scan at 300 dpi, black and white with the flatbed scanner on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 and use ABBYY FineReader 11 for OCR. Works great. I've done Lost Mines and the PHB so far.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 00:58
In a recent version of PAR5E there was a new tag #zf; added, but apparently, the old frame text tags had their functionality changed.

The same markup:

#zfs;
#zfi;Dungeon Master (DM)
#zft;After passing through the craggy peaks, the road takes a sudde...
#zfe;
#zfs;
#zfi;Phillip (playing Gareth)
#zft;I want to look at the gargoyles. I have a feeling they're not just statues.
#zfe;
#zfs;
#zfi;Amy (playing Riva)
#zft;The drawbridge looks precarious? I want to see how sturdy it is....
#zfe;
Now produces very different results:7298

What is the proper way to achieve the desired output (ie: the dialog on the right where the speaker and text are linked properly?

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 10:29
this is a doh! moment. I figure it out. I didn't have the directory and file structure ie i didn't have an input folder. thanks all for helping. i guess when you look at something for to long you dont see the obvious. :)

Yay. Glad its now working for you.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 10:32

Nice. When you get 5, It would great if you could let me know which aspects seemed slower, maybe we can improve the tool and speed up some aspects. One thing to note to accelerate adventure module creation, when parsing rulebooks with NPCs and Magic Items, add them to the Archive, this way you can reference/include NPCs/Magic Items form the Archive and it will save you a ton of time in re-parsing older NPC/Magic Item stat blocks.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 10:39
Hey all,

Totally jazzed about Par5e; also apparently too dumb to use it.

I wanted to make sure I got the pathing right before I dived in with a ton of marked-up content.

After looking through Z's documentation, it looked like Magic Items fit the bill.

I copy and pasted Gauntlets of Ogre Power from the magic items section of Z's manual into a the file named magicitems.txt

I set up the pathing, checked the Ref box for the magicitems Data Item and hit parse.

This created a module, with a single section which does show up in my library.

While the Magic Items header appears in the module, clicking on that header shows it to be empty, the gauntlets do not appear.

I feel like I'm missing something here - is there an index file or something that I need to build/include?

Thanks,
Olodrin

When PAR5E's parse action was running, what got reported to the console. Did Guantlets of Ogre Power get reported in Green (syntax of parse correct) or was it reported in Red (incorrect syntax received). Post up a screenshot of the config setup for PAR5E that your using. I'v also updated the documentation which was missing the magic item type and rarity line, it maybe this thats causing the problem.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 10:40
In backgrounds, "Suggested Characteristics" is skipping the descriptive text. Also, what is the proper way to include "variants" (ie: Variant Criminal: Spy)..

A snippet of my input file:

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life in the service
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, or som
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you
As an acolyte, you command the respect o
You might also have ties to a specific t
Acolytes are shaped by their experience

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero of my fait
2 I can find common ground between the f
3 I see omens in every event and action.
4 Nothing can shake my optimistic attitu

In FG this results in:7296

The PAR5E documentation example:

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life …
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, …
Perhaps you were the leader …
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer…
As an acolyte, you command …
You might also have ties to a specific …
Acolytes are shaped by their experience …

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero …
2 I can find common ground between …
3 I see omens in every event and action …

Nicely spotted Bumamgar. I'll fix for the next build.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 10:51
Par5e some magic items from Hoard of the Dragon Queen, everything seems to parse ok except it looks like the following:-

Looking at the XML file I can see the same problems, if I change the XML file re-zip it and change it to a mod file I presume this will get it sorted.

PAR5E was updated to follow the stat block for magic items as per DM Basic Rules v0.1 which was released by Wizards after the Hoard of the Dragon Queen online supplement and Adventures League (cut down version) was released. This means the Magic Items described in HotDQ do not include a Type, Rarity line in the descriptions. As a result PAR5E is attempting to guess the type of the Item against the following keywords Armor|Gauntlets|Boots|Potion|Ring|Scroll|Staff|Wan d|Weapon, which in the case of your example is not working for Dagger of Venom, Oil of Etherealness and Arrow-Catching Shield. I'll add Dagger, Oil and Shield so these get captured if no type,rarity line is detected but you can always add the type, rarity line to force PAR5E to use whats specified.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 11:22
Parsing equipment...

The docs and parser require "Waterbourne Vehicles" but the PHB and the correct spelling is "Waterborne Vehicles"

Thanks for spotting, I've corrected for the next build. You will not see the updates appear in FG until John gets a chance to back port the changes I've made.

For some reason, even though my source file only has the description for 'Shield' one time, the Shield item has the description twice...

Hmm. Not sure why this is happening, I only get a single description in my BR and PHB modules.

Adventuring gear, if you actually want things to line up properly, requires a subtype of #st;Standard for the normal gear, and then at the end you put things like 'Ammunition', etc. The documentation simply starts off with #st;Ammunition so if someone were to follow the docs, would end up with 'Abacus' categorized as 'Ammunition' :)

Edit
Actually, adding #st;Standard doesn't work and causes that entire section to be skipped.

Removing the subtype appears to work just fine, but the parser then marks every item as red in the console when parsing.

I use the following order for my adventuring gear table (as per the docs) and everything lines up fine for me.

#st;Ammunition
#st;Arcan Focus
#st;Druidic Focus
#st;Holy Symbol
#st;Equipment Kits
#st;Equipment Packs
#st;Standard

The alignment issues maybe down to the fact that the base 5E ruleset requires updating. I'm using an advanced dev alpha build of 5E and John has been away this week at GenCon, as soon as he's able I'm sure he will address the required changes.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 11:25
This bug still exists as of v0.0.8-b24

I missed this, my bad. Its fixed for the next build.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 11:31
In a recent version of PAR5E there was a new tag #zf; added, but apparently, the old frame text tags had their functionality changed.

The same markup:

#zfs;
#zfi;Dungeon Master (DM)
#zft;After passing through the craggy peaks, the road takes a sudde...
#zfe;
#zfs;
#zfi;Phillip (playing Gareth)
#zft;I want to look at the gargoyles. I have a feeling they're not just statues.
#zfe;
#zfs;
#zfi;Amy (playing Riva)
#zft;The drawbridge looks precarious? I want to see how sturdy it is....
#zfe;
Now produces very different results:7298

What is the proper way to achieve the desired output (ie: the dialog on the right where the speaker and text are linked properly?

Oops, I broke #zft; functionality when I introduced #zf; I've fixed the bug for the next build. There is nothing wrong with your syntax, don't change anything.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 11:49
All. New version 0.8 build 25 available. See first post.

v0.0.8-b25

5E: backgrounds - suggested characteristics text was being dropped from output - Fixed.
5E: docs - updated magic items with Type, Rarity / updated equipment renaming waterborne vehicles.
5E: equipment - renamed Waterbourne Vehicles to Waterborne Vehicles (table and records)
5E: feats - last feat was being dropped from output - Fixed.
5E: formattedtext - Broke #zft; tag when #zf; introduced. Fixed

Note: Some of the changes above (notably Equipment - Waterborne Vehicles) will not be visible until the base 5E ruleset is updated.

Talen
August 18th, 2014, 13:51
I scan at 300 dpi, black and white with the flatbed scanner on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 and use ABBYY FineReader 11 for OCR. Works great. I've done Lost Mines and the PHB so far.

I have the same scanner so guess I can't blame that....I'll have to try abbyy fine. How are you handling the curve of the book spine? I contemplated taking the pages out with an exacto and ruler, but that seemed extreme.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 14:22
I left the lid up on the scanner and pressed down on the spine with my hand during each scan. My hand was actually sore by the time I finished :(

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 14:56
Hmm. Not sure why this is happening, I only get a single description in my BR and PHB modules.
I use the following order for my adventuring gear table (as per the docs) and everything lines up fine for me.

#st;Ammunition
#st;Arcan Focus
#st;Druidic Focus
#st;Holy Symbol
#st;Equipment Kits
#st;Equipment Packs
#st;Standard

Ok, figured out the 'Shield' issue.

If you have a descriptive text block for the subtype as well as the item, the parser will include both in the item description (but ONLY if the subtype descriptive block appears BEFORE the item in the big blob of descriptions at the end of the file, if the subtype is AFTER the item, then you only get the subtype description). Shield is both an item and a subtype, so it ends up getting the description of shield added to the item twice.

Thank you for the sample config, this clarifies things for me a bit. First, I was including the Equipment Kits under the Tools table (since that is how they appear in the PHB) under a #st;Standard type. Second, I had the non-typed items FIRST in the list, with the subtypes AFTER them. Frankly, I'd prefer it that way rather than having all the subtypes (ammunition, etc) first with the regular gear at the end, but I've changed it to conform to your example and it parses without issue, so I'm good for now. Ideally I'd prefer to be able to duplicate the ordering from the PHB (where the subtypes are alphabetical within the main list) but that may be a limitation of Fantasy Grounds that we have to live with.

Updating your docs with the sample you provided above would go a long way towards helping folks figure this out on their own :)

Thanks for all your help.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 20:13
The latest release does fix the "Suggested Characteristics" for all but the last background defined. The last one in the file does not have the proper Suggested Characteristics text.

Also, how do you recommend setting up variant backgrounds and traits? ie: Variant Criminal: Spy? Should I just use #h; type tags to include them in the background descriptive text, or are there plans to have them parsed and prompted for in the character portion of the 5e ruleset?

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 20:17
Is there a way to include die rolls in a formatted text block? For example, I've got a table defined:

#bp;Starting Wealth by Class
#ts;
#th;Class;Funds
#tr;Barbarian;2d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Bard;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Cleric;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Druid;2d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Fighter;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Monk;5d4 gp
#tr;Paladin;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Ranger;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Rogue;4d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Sorcerer;3d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Warlock;4d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Wizard;4d4 x 10 gp
#te;
I'd like a tag or way to make those dice something a user could drag and drop to roll...

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 20:22
The latest release does fix the "Suggested Characteristics" for all but the last background defined. The last one in the file does not have the proper Suggested Characteristics text.

Also, how do you recommend setting up variant backgrounds and traits? ie: Variant Criminal: Spy? Should I just use #h; type tags to include them in the background descriptive text, or are there plans to have them parsed and prompted for in the character portion of the 5e ruleset?

Thanks. I'll fix in the next build.

Your free to implement them as you see fit. If you wanted to, in the case example above, you could implement a separate background Spy entry and therefore allow for its use using the standard 5E character sheet functionality. Just duplicate the Criminal background entry and rename it to Spy, then replace the Criminal descriptive text with that of Spy. As the DM its entirely up you.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 20:31
Is there a way to include die rolls in a formatted text block? For example, I've got a table defined:

#bp;Starting Wealth by Class
#ts;
#th;Class;Funds
#tr;Barbarian;2d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Bard;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Cleric;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Druid;2d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Fighter;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Monk;5d4 gp
#tr;Paladin;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Ranger;5d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Rogue;4d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Sorcerer;3d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Warlock;4d4 x 10 gp
#tr;Wizard;4d4 x 10 gp
#te;
I'd like a tag or way to make those dice something a user could drag and drop to roll...

That would require a change to 5E ruleset reference, story or notes description text to support action parsing and roll actions. You can add it to the wish list.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 21:07
#zl;featlist;Feats doesn't produce a proper link.

It produces:

<listlink><link class="reference_colindex" recordname="reference5EPHB.featlists.byLetter@5E Players Handbook">Feats</link></listlink>
It should produce:

<listlink><link class="reference_featlist" recordname="reference5EPHB.featlists.byletter@5E Players Handbook">Feats</link></listlink>

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 21:12
Your free to implement them as you see fit. If you wanted to, in the case example above, you could implement a separate background Spy entry and therefore allow for its use using the standard 5E character sheet functionality. Just duplicate the Criminal background entry and rename it to Spy, then replace the Criminal descriptive text with that of Spy. As the DM its entirely up you.
I thought about that approach, and I may just do it that way. However, some of the variations are multi-choice. For example, the Variant Sailor: Pirate gives the choice to either have the Ship's Passage feature or the Bad Reputation feature. So to properly cover all options would require three backgrounds: The Sailor, The Pirate w/ Ships Passage, and The Pirate w/ Bad Reputation.

Ultimately, maybe that is the best route. I just figured since you guys were going to all the trouble to build a character creation tool inside FG that prompts the user to select skills and other choices, you might also be planning on prompting for variant background options, in which case there would need to be some sort of 'proper' way to parse them.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 21:49
I thought about that approach, and I may just do it that way. However, some of the variations are multi-choice. For example, the Variant Sailor: Pirate gives the choice to either have the Ship's Passage feature or the Bad Reputation feature. So to properly cover all options would require three backgrounds: The Sailor, The Pirate w/ Ships Passage, and The Pirate w/ Bad Reputation.

No, not necessarily. When you drop a Background on a 5E ruleset char sheet, a ruleset wizard kicks in parsing the background descriptive text. If a choice is detected, the wizard opens a dialog presenting the user with a choice. In this instance it should offer a dialogue requesting confirmation of the choice of feature for Pirate. Once selected the wizard should then auto-apply the Pirate background and selected feature to the char sheet.

Ultimately, maybe that is the best route. I just figured since you guys were going to all the trouble to build a character creation tool inside FG that prompts the user to select skills and other choices, you might also be planning on prompting for variant background options, in which case there would need to be some sort of 'proper' way to parse them.

Thats it, just define them as separate background entries and let the wizard character creation take care of the rest.

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 21:53
#zl;featlist;Feats doesn't produce a proper link.

It produces:

<listlink><link class="reference_colindex" recordname="reference5EPHB.featlists.byLetter@5E Players Handbook">Feats</link></listlink>
It should produce:

<listlink><link class="reference_featlist" recordname="reference5EPHB.featlists.byletter@5E Players Handbook">Feats</link></listlink>

Ah, error in the documentation, the tag class reference should be featslist as in:

#zl;featslist;Feats

I'll correct the documentation for the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Bumamgar
August 18th, 2014, 22:00
No, not necessarily. When you drop a Background on a 5E ruleset char sheet, a ruleset wizard kicks in parsing the background descriptive text. If a choice is detected, the wizard opens a dialog presenting the user with a choice. In this instance it should offer a dialogue requesting confirmation of the choice of feature for Pirate. Once selected the wizard should then auto-apply the Pirate background and selected feature to the char sheet.
To cause the dialogue to kick in, I just define more than one feature?

Zeus
August 18th, 2014, 22:43
To cause the dialogue to kick in, I just define more than one feature?

Ah, I think the current available 5E ruleset might only support multiple choice scenarios for class proficiencies at the moment and doesn't include support for multiple choice background features. JPG is currently working on 5E updates so will hopefully get around to addressing in the near future. For the time being I suggest creating variant separate entries as you originally stated.

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 00:00
everytime i run par5e barbarian wont be in the db.xml or show up in FG can someone look at it and see what i am doing wrong?
##; Barbarian
#h; Barbarian

A tall human tribesman strides through a blizzard,
draped in fur and hefting his axe. He laughs as he
charges toward the frost giant w ho dared poach his
people’s elk herd.
A half-orc snarls at the latest challenger to her
authority over their savage tribe, ready to break his neck
with her bare hands as she did to the last six rivals.
Frothing at the mouth, a dwarf slams his helmet into
the face of his drow foe, then turns to drive his armored
elbow into the gut of another.
These barbarians, different as they might be, are
defined by their rage: unbridled, unquenchable, and
unthinking fury. More than a mere emotion, their anger
is the ferocity o f a cornered predator, the unrelenting
assault of a storm, the churning turmoil of the sea.
For some, their rage springs from a communion
with fierce animal spirits. Others draw from a roiling
reservoir of anger at a world full of pain. For every
barbarian, rage is a power that fuels not just a battle
frenzy but also uncanny reflexes, resilience, and
feats of strength.

#h;Primal Instinct
People o ftowns and cities take pride in how their
civilized ways set them apart from animals, as if
denying one’s own nature was a mark of superiority. To
a barbarian, though, civilization is no virtue, but a sign
of weakness. The strong embrace their animal naturekeen
instincts, primal physicality, and ferocious rage.
Barbarians are uncomfortable when hedged in by walls
and crowds. They thrive in the wilds of their homelands:
the tundra, jungle, or grasslands where their tribes
live and hunt.
Barbarians come alive in the chaos of combat.
They can enter a berserk state where rage takes over,
giving them superhuman strength and resilience. A
barbarian can draw on this reservoir of fury only a few
times without resting, but those few rages are usually
sufficient to defeat whatever threats arise.
#h;A Life of Danger
Not every m ember of the tribes deemed “barbarians”
by scions o f civilized society has the barbarian class. A
true barbarian among these people is as uncommon as
a skilled fighter in a town, and he or she plays a similar
role as a protector of the people and a leader in times
of war. Life in the wild places of the w orld is fraught
with peril: rival tribes, deadly weather, and terrifying
monsters. Barbarians charge headlong into that danger
so that their people don’t have to.
Their courage in the face of danger makes barbarians
perfectly suited for adventuring. Wandering is often a
way of life for their native tribes, and the rootless life o f
the adventurer is little hardship for a barbarian. Some
barbarians miss the close-knit family structures of the
tribe, but eventually find them replaced by the bonds
formed among the members of their adventuring parties.
#h;Creating a Barbarian
When creating a barbarian character, think about where
your character comes from and his or her place in the
world. Talk with your DM about an appropriate origin
for your barbarian. Did you come from a distant land,
making you a stranger in the area of the campaign?
Or is the campaign set in a rough-and-tumble frontier
where barbarians are common?
What led you to take up the adventuring life? W ere you
lured to settled lands by the promise o f riches? Did you
join forces with soldiers of those lands to face a shared
threat? Did monsters or an invading horde drive you
out o f your homeland, making you a rootless refugee?
Perhaps you were a prisoner of war, brought in chains to
“civilized” lands and only now able to win your freedom.
Or you might have been cast out from your people
because of a crime you committed, a taboo you violated,
or a coup that removed you from a position of authority.
#h;Quick Build
You can make a barbarian quickly by following these
suggestions. First, put your highest ability score in
Strength, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the
outlander background.
#H;The Barbarian
#ts;
#th;Level, Proficiency Bonus, Features, Rages, Rage Damage;
#tr;1st; +2; Rage, Unarmored Defense; 2; +2;
#tr;2nd; +2; Reckless Attack, Danger Sense; 2; +2;
#tr;3rd; +2; Primal Path; 3; +2;
#tr;4th; +2; Ability Score Improvement; 3; +2;
#tr;5th; +3; Extra Attack, Fast Movement; 3; +2;
#tr;6th; +3; Path feature; 4; +2;
#tr;7th; +3; Feral Instinct; 4; +2;
#tr;8th; +3; Ability Score Improvement; 4; +2;
#tr;9th; +4; Brutal Critical (1 die); 4; +3;
#tr;10th; +4; Path feature; 4; +3;
#tr;11th; +4; Relentless Rage; 4; +3;
#tr;12th; +4; Ability Score Improvement; 5; +3;
#tr;13th; +5; Brutal Critical (2 dice); 5; +3;
#tr;14th; +5; Path feature; 5; +3;
#tr;15th; +5; Persistent Rage; 5; +3;
#tr;16th; +5; Ability Score Improvement; 5; +4;
#tr;17th; +6; Brutal Critical (3 dice); 6; +4;
#tr;18th; +6; Indomitable Might; 6; +4;
#tr;19th; +6; Ability Score Improvement; 6; +4;
#tr;20th; +6; Primal Champion; Unlimited; +4;
#te;

#h;Class Features
As a barbarian, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d 12 per barbarian level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d 12 (or 7) + your
Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics,
Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to
the equipment granted by your background:
#ls;
#li;(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
#li;(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
#li;An explorer’s pack and four javelins
#ls;
#fe;Rage
In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn,
you can enter a rage as a bonus action.
While raging, you gain the following benefits if you
aren’t w earing heavy armor:
#ls;
#li;You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength
saving throws.
#li;When you make a melee weapon attack using
Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that
increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown
in the Rage Damage column o f the Barbarian table.
#li;You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and
slashing damage.
If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or
concentrate on them while raging.
Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are
knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you
haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn
or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage
on your turn as a bonus action.
Once you have raged the number o f times shown
for your barbarian level in the Rages column o f the
Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you
can rage again.
#fe;Unarmored Defense
While you are not w earing any armor, your Armor Class
equals 10 + your Dexterity m odifier + your Constitution
modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
#fe;Reckless Attack
Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern
for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When
you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide
to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on
melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this
turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until
your next turn.
#fe;Danger Sense
At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense o f when things
nearby aren’t as they should be, giving you an edge
when you dodge away from danger.
You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws
against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells.
To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or
incapacitated.
#fe;Primal Path
At 3rd level, you choose a path that shapes the nature of
your rage. Choose the Path of the Berserker or the Path
of the Totem Warrior, both detailed at the end of the
class description. Your choice grants you features at 3rd
level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th levels.
#fe;Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th,
and 19th level, you can increase one ability score o f your
choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of
your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability
score above 20 using this feature.
#fe;Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of
once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
#fe;Fast Movement
Starting at 5th level, your speed increases by 10 feet
while you aren’t w earing heavy armor.
#fe;Feral Instinct
By 7th level, your instincts are so honed that you have
advantage on initiative rolls.
Additionally, if you are surprised at the beginning of
combat and aren’t incapacitated, you can act normally
on your first turn, but only if you enter your rage before
doing anything else on that turn.
#fe;Brutal Critical
Beginning at 9th level, you can roll one additional
weapon damage die when determining the extra
damage for a critical hit with a melee attack.
This increases to two additional dice at 13th level
and three additional dice at 17th level.
#fe;Relentless Rage
Starting at 11th level, your rage can keep you fighting
despite grievous w ounds. If you drop to 0 hit points
while you’re raging and don’t die outright, you can make
a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. If you succeed, you
drop to 1 hit point instead.
Each time you use this feature after the first, the DC
increases by 5. When you finish a short or long rest, the
DC resets to 10.
#fe;Persistent Rage
Beginning at 15th level, your rage is so fierce that
it ends early only if you fall unconscious or if you
choose to end it.
#fe;Indomitable Might
Beginning at 18th level, if your total for a Strength
check is less than your Strength score, you can use that
score in place o f the total.
#Primal Champion
At 20th level, you embody the power of the wilds. Your
Strength and Constitution scores increase by 4. Your
maximum for those scores is now 24.

Irondrake
August 19th, 2014, 00:06
I know PAR5E threw a fit when I had so many CRLFs in a section. Remove all unnecessary line feeds (breaks). You are also missing your two subclasses (They start with #abh for the header, then #ab for each subclass, their abilities use #abf to denote subclass abilities). That could be causing it to not fully write the XML file as well, because its looking for a complete class.

Bumamgar
August 19th, 2014, 00:08
With v0.0.8-b25 when I have an error in the input which causes Mal Formed xml syntax, PAR5E no longer pops up the dialog highlighting the error like it used to.

Zeus
August 19th, 2014, 00:16
@tlavalle (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?17983-tlavalle): In addition

you are not terminating the lists you have created, each #ls; block needs to be terminated with #le

replace the #H; with #h; upper-case tags are not supported.

Zeus
August 19th, 2014, 00:17
With v0.0.8-b25 when I have an error in the input which causes Mal Formed xml syntax, PAR5E no longer pops up the dialog highlighting the error like it used to.

I'll send you my email address via a PM, forward on your module source. I'll see if I can reproduce my side.

Xorn
August 19th, 2014, 00:21
1d 12 is spaced out on HD too, I think that will make it invalid too

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 00:24
i have all it done but this forum would let me post it all
thanks i will take a look

Bumamgar
August 19th, 2014, 00:39
I'll send you my email address via a PM, forward on your module source. I'll see if I can reproduce my side.

I ran it through an online XML validator and found a missing closing italic tag in my source. I was just surprised that the built-in validator window didn't pop up like it used to.

Bumamgar
August 19th, 2014, 01:11
When parsing NPCs, reactions simply parse as actions now.

I followed the documentation, which has:

Challenge # (# XP)\n
ACTIONS\n
REACTIONS\n
LEGENDARY ACTIONS\n
[!{legendary action name}. {legendary action text}\n ] ##;
[!{npc descriptive text}\n]\n]
It does parse the reactions, however, in the output XML it simply adds them as additional actions.

Input file and output in FG: 7302

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 01:24
hmm didn't work

Zeus
August 19th, 2014, 09:54
When parsing NPCs, reactions simply parse as actions now.

I followed the documentation, which has:

Challenge # (# XP)\n
ACTIONS\n
REACTIONS\n
LEGENDARY ACTIONS\n
[!{legendary action name}. {legendary action text}\n ] ##;
[!{npc descriptive text}\n]\n]
It does parse the reactions, however, in the output XML it simply adds them as additional actions.

Input file and output in FG: 7302

Oops I managed to break REACTIONS when I introduced LEGENDARY ACTION support. I've just fixed it for the next build.

Zeus
August 19th, 2014, 09:55
hmm didn't work

You can either compare your markup to the 5E User guide bundled with PAR5E or you can send me the email I requested, and I'll take another look.

yondar
August 19th, 2014, 12:33
Question about parsing equipment, how do you parse individual items like Antitoxin (vial) without that becoming part of Ammunition subtable.

Do you have to put the Subtables, like Ammunition etc at the end?

Thanks

Yondar

Zeus
August 19th, 2014, 13:09
Question about parsing equipment, how do you parse individual items like Antitoxin (vial) without that becoming part of Ammunition subtable.

Do you have to put the Subtables, like Ammunition etc at the end?

Thanks

Yondar

Here's how I have them setup.

#@;ADVENTURING GEAR
#th;Item;Cost;Weight
#st;Ammunition
Arrows, bow (20);1 gp;3 lb.
Bolts, crossbow (10);1 gp;3 lb.
#st;Arcane Focus
Crystal;10 gp;1 lb.
Orb;20 gp;3 lb.
#st;Druidic focus
Sprig of mistletoe;1 gp;—
Totem;1 gp;—
#st;Holy symbol
Amulet;5 gp;1 lb.
#st;Equipment Kits
Adventurer’s kit;9 gp;39 lb.
#st;Equipment Packs
Burglar's Pack;16gp;50 lb;
#st;Standard
Abacus;2gp;2 lb.
Acid (vial);25 gp;1 lb.
Antitoxin (vial);50 gp;—;

yondar
August 19th, 2014, 13:42
Ok Thanks, that looks good to me, I will do that.

yondar
August 19th, 2014, 20:55
Just out of interest, I have just parsed the armor (hate that americans can't spell) part of the equipment.text and notice when I looked at it in FG that there is another table appeared for speed.

Any ideas why?

Yondar

Olodrin
August 20th, 2014, 02:28
Am I missing a button for alternate shading or something?

Irondrake
August 20th, 2014, 03:01
Ok...spells are kicking my butt...can't quite figure out why half of my spells aren't parsing. I can't find invalid characters, all the spell names are upper case, but that shouldn't matter, my index is as well. (that's how it scanned) I've looked through the file and I just can't seem to find the errors.

Tidomann
August 20th, 2014, 05:33
Trap the Soul in the wizards list has now been folded into Imprisonment right?

Irondrake
August 20th, 2014, 06:12
Trap the Soul shows up in the spell list for Wizards but there's no description, I think it falls under Imprisonment. Also, Destructive Wave appears to have taken the place of Destructive Smite....no longer a bonus action spell, but does more damage all around. I finally got the bloody things parsed...ended up exchanging NotePad++ for Sublime. Worked great.

khersheyjr
August 20th, 2014, 06:23
Check the spacing for the level of the spell. Most of my parsing issues with the spells were due to 8 th level and 6 th level, instead of 8th and 6th level, etc

Tidomann
August 20th, 2014, 08:04
Is there a way to make rollable tables for teleportation without having to create a table for each familiarity?

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:04
Just out of interest, I have just parsed the armor (hate that americans can't spell) part of the equipment.text and notice when I looked at it in FG that there is another table appeared for speed.

Any ideas why?

Yondar

Not sure I follow what you mean Yondar, there should be no separate table for Speed per se. Can you post up a screenshot.

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:05
Am I missing a button for alternate shading or something?

No, formattedtext tables, as far as aI know do not support alternative row shading. The output in your picture is what ft tables generally look like.

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:09
Ok...spells are kicking my butt...can't quite figure out why half of my spells aren't parsing. I can't find invalid characters, all the spell names are upper case, but that shouldn't matter, my index is as well. (that's how it scanned) I've looked through the file and I just can't seem to find the errors.

More than likely the 2nd line of each spell. Make sure there are no spaces between the level and suffix. e.g 2 nd-level abjuration should be 2nd-level abjuration.

I'll update the regular expression for this line to factor in for whitespace moving forward but for now make sure there are none.

Bumamgar
August 20th, 2014, 11:09
No, formattedtext tables, as far as aI know do not support alternative row shading. The output in your picture is what ft tables generally look like.
There are themes that provide shading for the headline row. I haven't looked at it in years, but the old JPG 4e ruleset used to do that. Maybe that's what Olodrin is referring to?

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:10
Trap the Soul shows up in the spell list for Wizards but there's no description, I think it falls under Imprisonment. Also, Destructive Wave appears to have taken the place of Destructive Smite....no longer a bonus action spell, but does more damage all around. I finally got the bloody things parsed...ended up exchanging NotePad++ for Sublime. Worked great.

Yeah thats correct, there are a couple of missing spell descriptions. I expect an errata update will follow shortly.

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:15
There are themes that provide shading for the headline row. I haven't looked at it in years, but the old JPG 4e ruleset used to do that. Maybe that's what Olodrin is referring to?

Never seen that. FT Table header rows have always simply underlined the content for me, its hardcoded into the FG client so I have no control over format aside to specify the row is a header row.

Bumamgar
August 20th, 2014, 11:19
Zeus: #zl;spelllist;Spells produces a link with an invalid link class (reference_spelllist instead of reference_index).

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 11:20
Is there a way to make rollable tables for teleportation without having to create a table for each familiarity?

Yes but when you roll the table you would have to manually drop the die over the correct column (mapped to familiarity) to yield the correct result. Otherwise all column results (each familiarity) would get reported on a generic table roll.

This should work, if you add to your tables.txt

##;Teleportation Mishap
#!;Teleportation Mishap Table
Your familiarity with the destination determines whether you arrive there successfully. The DM rolls d100 and consults the table.
dice;%
column;Permanent Circle;Associated Object;Very Familiar;Seen Casually;Viewed Once;Description;False Description
row;1;5;On Target;On Target;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap
row;6;13;On Target;On Target;Similar Area;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap
row;14;24;On Target;On Target;Off Target;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap
row;25;33;On Target;On Target;On Target;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap
row;34;43;On Target;On Target;On Target;Similar Area;Mishap;Mishap;Mishap
row;44;50;On Target;On Target;On Target;Off Target;Similar Area;Similar Area;Mishap
row;51;53;On Target;On Target;On Target;Off Target;Similar Area;Similar Area;Similar Area
row;54;73;On Target;On Target;On Target;On Target;Off Target;Off Target;Similar Area
row;74;100;On Target;On Target;On Target;On Target;On Target;On Target;Similar Area

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 12:33
Zeus: #zl;spelllist;Spells produces a link with an invalid link class (reference_spelllist instead of reference_index).

Thats down to a typo in the documentation it should be spellslist not spelllist I'll correct for the next build update. Also, spells list needs the name of the class as well. I checked my PHB module and can confirm the following should parse and link correctly:

#bp;Spells
#zls;
#zl;spellslist;Bard
#zl;spellslist;Cleric
#zl;spellslist;Druid
#zl;spellslist;Paladin
#zl;spellslist;Ranger
#zl;spellslist;Sorceror
#zl;spellslist;Warlock
#zl;spellslist;Wizard
#zle;

Tidomann
August 20th, 2014, 16:58
This should work, if you add to your tables.txt

I've added it- and understand what the table is trying to do. The only issue is that it's reporting only a single column when I view it.

Do I have to link a specific way to the table?

tlavalle
August 20th, 2014, 17:19
can anyone tell me what is wrong with this spell, every time it is par5ed it errors out and the #bs;Precipitation. every thin about is written out in the mod.

here is the spell:

Control Weather
8th-level transmutation
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Self (5-mile radius)
Components: V, S, M (burning incense and bits of earth and wood mixed in water)
Duration: Concentration, up to 8 hours
You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for the duration. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don’t have a clear path to the sky ends the spell early.
When you cast the spell, you change the current weather conditions, which are determined by the DM based on the climate and season. You can change precipitation, temperature, and wind. It takes 1d4 x 10 minutes for the new conditions to take effect. Once they do so, you can change the conditions again. When the spell ends, the weather gradually returns to normal.
When you change the weather conditions, find a current condition on the following tables and change its stage by one, up or down. When changing the wind, you can change its direction.

#bp;Precipitation
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Clear;
#tr;2;Light clouds;
#tr;3;Overcast or ground fog;
#tr;4;Rain, hail, or snow;
#tr;5;Torrential rain, driving hail, or blizzard;
#te;
#bp;Temperature
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Unbearable heat;
#tr;2;Hot;
#tr;3;Warm;
#tr;4;Cool;
#tr;5;Cold;
#tr;6;Arctic cold;
#te;
#bp;Wind
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Calm
#tr;2;Moderate wind
#tr;3;Strong wind
#tr;4;Gale
#tr;5;Storm
#te;

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 17:36
I've added it- and understand what the table is trying to do. The only issue is that it's reporting only a single column when I view it.

Do I have to link a specific way to the table?

Ah I found a couple of bugs in PAR5E's table output which would cause tables with multiple columns to only display the first. I'll add the fix to the next update.

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 17:40
can anyone tell me what is wrong with this spell, every time it is par5ed it errors out and the #bs;Precipitation. every thin about is written out in the mod.

As per the documentation Empty lines denote the start of a new Spell

Drop the line break between your descriptive text and the first #bp; tag.

tlavalle
August 20th, 2014, 17:55
ok hate to bother you but i am not see this one.

Contagion
5th-level necromancy
Range: Touch
Component: V, S
Duration: 7 days
Your touch inflicts disease. Make a melee spell attack against a creature within your reach. On a hit, you afflict the creature with a disease of your choice from any of the ones described below.
At the end of each of the target’s turns, it must make a Constitution saving throw. After failing three of these saving throws, the disease’s effects last for the duration, and the creature stops making these saves. After succeeding on three of these saving throws, the creature recovers from the disease, and the spell ends. Since this spell induces a natural disease in its target, any effect that removes a disease or otherwise ameliorates a disease’s effects apply to it.
#bs;Blinding Sickness. Pain grips the creature’s mind, and its eyes turn milky white. The creature has disadvantage on Wisdom checks and Wisdom saving throws and is blinded.
#bs;Filth Fever. A raging fever sweeps through the creature’s body. The creature has disadvantage on Strength checks, Strength saving throws, and attack rolls that use Strength.
#bs;Flesh Rot. The creature’s flesh decays. The creature has disadvantage on Charisma checks and vulnerability to all damage.
#bs;Mindfire. The creature’s mind becomes feverish. The creature has disadvantage on Intelligence checks and Intelligence saving throws, and the creature behaves as if under the effects of the confusion spell during combat.
#bs;Seizure. The creature is overcome with shaking. The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity checks, Dexterity saving throws, and attack rolls that use Dexterity.
#bs;Slimy Doom. The creature begins to bleed uncontrollably. The creature has disadvantage on Constitution checks and Constitution saving throws.
In addition, whenever the creature takes damage, it is stunned until the end of its next turn.

Bumamgar
August 20th, 2014, 18:50
Thats down to a typo in the documentation it should be spellslist not spelllist I'll correct for the next build update. Also, spells list needs the name of the class as well. I checked my PHB module and can confirm the following should parse and link correctly:

#bp;Spells
#zls;
#zl;spellslist;Bard
#zl;spellslist;Cleric
#zl;spellslist;Druid
#zl;spellslist;Paladin
#zl;spellslist;Ranger
#zl;spellslist;Sorceror
#zl;spellslist;Warlock
#zl;spellslist;Wizard
#zle;

I'm not trying to link to a specific class spell list, rather the entire list of all spell lists.

I was able to edit my XML and add the proper link, not sure how to properly tag it in the reference manual.txt to get what I want. I guess I can do it the way you outline above.

Tidomann
August 20th, 2014, 18:51
Contagion is weird. It is the only spell in the book that uses component instead of components. Add an s to the word and it should not show up as an error.

yondar
August 20th, 2014, 22:08
As requested

And this is what I parsed.

#@;ARMOR
#th;Armor ;Cost ;Armor Class (AC) ;Strength ;Stealth ;Weight ;

yondar
August 20th, 2014, 22:16
Thanks Tidomann, I could not see what was wrong with mine as well, I would never have seen that.

Zeus
August 21st, 2014, 10:14
As requested

And this is what I parsed.

#@;ARMOR
#th;Armor ;Cost ;Armor Class (AC) ;Strength ;Stealth ;Weight ;

The Speed/Strength label issue requires a small fix be applied to the base 5E ruleset. I submitted the changes to John who's preparing to incorporate them as soon as he can.

Zeus
August 21st, 2014, 10:28
All, new build uploaded to my site. See #1 post for the link.

v0.0.8-b26

5E: docs - updated documentation for equipment, feats, #zl; tag
5E: npcs - npc reactions were being merged with npc actions. Fixed
5E: tables - multiple versions of tables were being output, each under its own category. Fixed.
5E: tables - tables with multiple columns were incorrectly setting resultscols causing columns > 1 to be dropped. Fixed

Bumamgar
August 22nd, 2014, 01:26
Legendary Actions don't appear to parse with version v0.0.8-b26

Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 1
Frightful Presence. Each creature of the drago
Fire Breath (Recharge 5-6). The dragon exhales
LEGENDARY ACTIONS
Detect. The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception)
Tail Attack. The dragon makes a tail attack.
Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions). The dragon beat
##;
The odor of sulfur and pumice surrounds a red
#h;A Red Dragon’s Lair
Red dragons lair in high mountains or hills, d

The dragon parses fine, but there are no Legendary Actions in FG.

Zeus
August 22nd, 2014, 03:19
Legendary Actions don't appear to parse with version v0.0.8-b26

Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 1
Frightful Presence. Each creature of the drago
Fire Breath (Recharge 5-6). The dragon exhales
LEGENDARY ACTIONS
Detect. The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception)
Tail Attack. The dragon makes a tail attack.
Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions). The dragon beat
##;
The odor of sulfur and pumice surrounds a red
#h;A Red Dragon’s Lair
Red dragons lair in high mountains or hills, d

The dragon parses fine, but there are no Legendary Actions in FG.

Don't worry the parse has worked correctly. You will have to wait for JPG to integrate some changes I submitted to the 5E ruleset before Legenedary Actions will show up in FG NPCs.

Bumamgar
August 22nd, 2014, 14:00
If I reparse a module that has NPCs or Magic Items stored in the archive, will it update those entities based on the new parse, or do I need to delete them first?

Also, would it be possible to make the columns in the archive view sortable (ie: click the Name to sort by Name) ? Right now the entities appear to be listed in order of creation with no means to sort them.

Zeus
August 23rd, 2014, 00:51
If I reparse a module that has NPCs or Magic Items stored in the archive, will it update those entities based on the new parse, or do I need to delete them first?

When you save a module configuration file, at the moment, the archive is ignored. Therefore when you reload the config, you will find the NPCs are missing and need to be re-applied. I recognise this is not ideal and will be looking to change this so that NPCs from the archive are saved as part of the config.

As for whether existing NPCs in the archive getting updated, no they will not. You will need to delete the Archive NPCs, then re-parse and add them back.

Also, would it be possible to make the columns in the archive view sortable (ie: click the Name to sort by Name) ? Right now the entities appear to be listed in order of creation with no means to sort them.

I don't see why not. I'll add to the to do list.

Z.

khersheyjr
August 23rd, 2014, 06:17
Well I finally wrapped up the Basic DM rules and PHB today. I must say once you get the hang of the syntax the parse works nicely.

Xorn
August 23rd, 2014, 13:57
Welcome to the PAR5Eing fold, khersheyjr!

Okay folks, this one is pissing me off. I'm 3/4 of the way finished with Episode 8 on HotDQ, and I just noticed that 2 of my NPCs are not parsing.

#zl;story;Feature Request;Sidenote: Feature Request

Anyway, here's my code for them:

Azbara Jos
Medium humanoid (human), lawful evil
Armor Class 13 (16 with mage armor)
Hit Points 39 (6d8 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 9 (-1) 16 (+3) 14 (+2) 16 (+3) 13 (+1) 11 (+0)
Saving Throws Int +5, Wis +3
Skills Arcana +5, Deception +2, Insight +3, Stealth +5
Senses passive Perception 11
Languages Common, Draconic, Infernal, Primordial, Thayan
Challenge 4 (1,100)
Special Equipment. Azbara has two scrolls of mage armor.
Potent Cantrips. When Azbara casts an evocation cantrip and misses, or the target succeeds on its saving throw, the target still takes half the cantrip's damage but suffers no other effect.
Sculpt Spells. When Azbara casts an evocation spell that affects other creatures that he can see, he can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell's level to succeed on their saving throws against the spell. Those creatures take no damage if they would normally take half damage from the spell.
Spellcasting. Azbara is a 6th-level spellcaster that uses Intelligence as his spellcasting ability (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). Azbara has the following spells prepared from the wizard spell list:
Cantrips (at will): mage hand, prestidigitation, rayoffrost, shocking grasp
1st level (4 slots): fog cloud, magic missile, shield, thunderwave
2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, misty step, scorching ray
3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, dispel magic, fireball
ACTIONS
Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or ranged 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage.

Captain Othelstan
Medium humanoid (human), lawful evil
Armor Class 19 (splint, shield)
Hit Points 93 (11d10 + 33)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 19 (+4) 10 (+0) 16 (+3) 13 (+1) 14 (+2) 12 (+1)
Saving Throws Str +7, Con +6
Skills Athletics +7, Intimidation +4, Perception +5, Religion +4
Senses passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Draconic, Giant
Challenge 5 (1,800)
Action Surge (Recharges when Othelstan Finishes a Short or Long Rest). On his turn, Othelstan can take one additional action.
Tiamat's Blessing of Retribution. When Othelstan takes damage that reduces him to 0 hit points, he immediately regains 20 hit points. If he has 20 hit points or fewer at the end of his next turn, he dies.
ACTIONS
Multiattack. Othelstan attacks twice with his flail or spear, or makes two ranged attacks with his spears.
Flail. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or ranged 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

I can't get either one to parse. I know the ##; description section isn't required, because every other NPC in HotDQ parsed just fine, and none of them have descriptions. What am I doing wrong here?

##;Feature Request
#h;Colorblind Issues with PAR5E
#bs;Please make the Console tab of PAR5E colorblind friendly! Because I have a very difficult time telling red and green apart, it is <i>extremely</i> difficult for me to tell when something doesn't parse.
#bp;Possible Alternatives
#ls;
#li;Place *'s on either side of things that don't parse correctly.
#li;Make the text <b><i>bold italic</i></b>
#li;Make the text all CAPITAL LETTERS
#le;

That was clever, right? I know, you know, we don't have to say it.

Xorn
August 23rd, 2014, 14:20
Found it. "XP" is missing from the "Challenge" line.

I still need colorblind assistance though, Zeus! :D

yondar
August 23rd, 2014, 17:01
Please can someone look at the following and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

##;Barbarian
#h;Barbarian
A tall human tribesman strides through a blizzard, draped in fur and hefting his axe. He laughs as he charges toward the frost giant who dared poach his peoples elk herd.
A half-orc snarls at the latest challenger to her authority over their savage tribe, ready to break his neck with her bare hands as she did to the last six rivals. Frothing at the mouth, a dwarf slams his helmet into the face of his drow foe, then turns to drive his armoured elbow into the gut of another.
These barbarians, different as they might be, are defined by their rage: unbridled, unquenchable, and unthinking fury. More than a mere emotion, their anger is the ferocity of a cornered predator, the unrelenting assault of a storm, the churning turmoil of the sea. For some, their rage springs from a communion with fierce animal spirits. Others draw from a roiling reservoir of anger at a world full of pain. For every barbarian, rage is a power that fuels not just a battle frenzy but also uncanny reflexes, resilience, and feats of strength.
#h;Primal Instinct
People of towns and cities take pride in how their civilized ways set them apart from animals, as if denying one's own nature was a mark of superiority. To a barbarian, though, civilization is no virtue, but a sign of weakness. The strong embrace their animal nature, keen instincts, primal physicality, and ferocious rage. Barbarians are uncomfortable when hedged in by walls and crowds. They thrive in the wilds of their homelands: the tundra, jungle, or grasslands where their tribes live and hunt.
Barbarians come alive in the chaos of combat. They can enter a berserk state where rage takes over, giving them superhuman strength and resilience. A barbarian can draw on this reservoir of fury only a few times without resting, but those few rages are usually sufficient to defeat whatever threats arise.
#h;A Life of Danger
Not every member of the tribes deemed 'barbarians' by scions of civilized society has the barbarian class. A true barbarian among these people is as uncommon as a skilled fighter in a town, and he or she plays a similar role as a protector of the people and a leader in times of war. Life in the wild places of the world is fraught with peril: rival tribes, deadly weather, and terrifying monsters. Barbarians charge headlong into that danger so that their people don't have to.
Their courage in the face of danger makes barbarians perfectly suited for adventuring. Wandering is often a way of life for their native tribes, and the rootless life of the adventurer is little hardship for a barbarian. Some barbarians miss the close-knit family structures of the tribe, but eventually find them replaced by the bonds formed among the members of their adventuring parties.
#h;Creating a Barbarian
When creating a barbarian character, think about where your character comes from and his or her place in the world. Talk with your DM about an appropriate origin for your barbarian. Did you come from a distant land, making you a stranger in the area of the campaign? Or is the campaign set in a rough-and-tumble frontier where barbarians are common?
What led you to take up the adventuring life? W ere you lured to settled lands by the promise of riches? Did you join forces with soldiers of those lands to face a shared threat? Did monsters or an invading horde drive you out of your homeland, making you a rootless refugee? Perhaps you were a prisoner of war, brought in chains to 'civilized' lands and only now able to win your freedom. Or you might have been cast out from your people because of a crime you committed, a taboo you violated, or a coup that removed you from a position of authority.
#h;Quick Build
You can make a barbarian quickly by following these suggestions. First, put your highest ability score in Strength, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the outlander background.

#h;The Barbarian
#ts;
#th;Level; Proficiency Bonus; Features; Rages; Rage Damage;
#tr;1st; +2; Rage, Unarmoured Defence; 2; +2;
#tr;2nd; +2; Reckless Attack, Danger Sense; 2; +2;
#tr;3rd; +2; Primal Path; 3; +2;
#tr;4th; +2; Ability Score Improvement; 3; +2;
#tr;5th; +3; Extra Attack, Fast Movement; 3; +2;
#tr;6th; +3; Path feature; 4; +2;
#tr;7th; +3; Feral Instinct; 4; +2;
#tr;8th; +3; Ability Score Improvement; 4; +2;
#tr;9th; +4; Brutal Critical (1 die); 4; +3;
#tr;10th; +4; Path feature; 4; +3;
#tr;11th; +4; Relentless Rage; 4; +3;
#tr;12th; +4; Ability ScoreImprovement; 5; +3;
#tr;13th; +5; Brutal Critical (2 dice); 5; +3;
#tr;14th; +5; Path feature; 5; +3;
#tr;15th; +5; Persistent Rage; 5; +3;
#tr;16th; +5; Ability Score Improvement; 5; +4;
#tr;17th; +6; Brutal Critical (3 dice); 6; +4;
#tr;18th; +6; Indomitable Might; 6; +4;
#tr;19th; +6; Ability Score Improvement; 6; +4;
#tr;20th; +6; Primal Champion; Unlimited; +4;
#te;
#h;Class Features
As a barbarian, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armour, medium armour, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background :
#ls;
#li;(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
#li;(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
#li;An explorers pack and four javelins
#le;
#fe;Rage;1
In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.
While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armour:
#ls;
#li;You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
#li;When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
#li;You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
#le;
If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
#fe;Unarmored Defence;1
While you are not wearing any armour, your Armour Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
#fe;Reckless Attack;2
Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defence to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.
#fe;Danger Sense;2
At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger.
You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.
#fe;Primal Path;3,6,10,14
At 3rd level, you choose a path that shapes the nature of your rage. Choose the Path of the Berserker or the Path of the Totem Warrior, both detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th levels.
#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
#fe;Extra Attack;5
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
#fe;Fast Movement;5
Starting at 5th level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren't wearing heavy armour.
#fe;Feral Instinct;7
By 7th level, your instincts are so honed that you have advantage on initiative rolls. Additionally, if you are surprised at the beginning of combat and aren't incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn, but only if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.
#fe;Brutal Critical;9
Beginning at 9th level, you can roll one additional weapon damage die when determining the extra damage for a critical hit with a melee attack.
This increases to two additional dice at 13th level and three additional dice at 17th level.
#fe;Relentless Rage;11
Starting at 11th level, your rage can keep you fighting despite grievous wounds. If you drop to 0 hit points while you're raging and don't die outright, you can make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. If you succeed, you drop to 1 hit point instead.
Each time you use this feature after the first, the DC increases by 5. When you finish a short or long rest, the DC resets to 10.
#fe;Persistent Rage;15
Beginning at 15th level, your rage is so fierce that it ends early only if you fall unconscious or if you choose to end it.
#fe;Indomitable Might;18
Beginning at 18th level, if your total for a Strength check is less than your Strength score, you can use that score in place of the total.
#fe;Primal Champion;20
At 20th level, you embody the power of the wilds. Your Strength and Constitution scores increase by 4. Your maximum for those scores is now 24.

yondar
August 23rd, 2014, 17:02
Continued:-

#abh;Primal Paths
Rage burns in every barbarians heart, a furnace that drives him or her toward greatness. Different barbarians attribute their rage to different sources, however. For some, it is an internal reservoir where pain, grief, and anger are forged into a fury hard as steel. Others see it as a spiritual blessing, a gift of a totem animal.
#ab;Path of the Berserker
For some barbarians, rage is a means to an end - that end being violence. The Path of the Berserker is a path of untrammelled fury, slick with blood. As you enter the berserkers rage, you thrill in the chaos of battle, heedless of your own health or well-being.
#abf;Frenzy;3
Starting when you choose this path at 3rd level, you can go into a frenzy when you rage. If you do so, for the duration of your rage you can make a single melee weapon attack as a bonus action on each of your turns after this one. When your rage ends, you suffer one level of exhaustion (as described in appendix A).
#abf;Mindless Rage;6
Beginning at 6th level, you can't be charmed or frightened while raging. If you are charmed or frightened when you enter your rage, the effect is suspended for the duration of the rage.
#abf;Intimidating Presence;10
Beginning at 10th level, you can use your action to frighten someone with your menacing presence. When you do so, choose one creature that you can see within 30 feet of you. If the creature can see or hear you, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn. On subsequent turns, you can use your action to extend the duration of this effect on the frightened creature until the end of your next turn. This effect ends if the creature ends its turn out of line of sight or more than 60 feet away from you.
If the creature succeeds on its saving throw, you can't use this feature on that creature again for 24 hours.
#abf;Retaliation;14
Starting at 14th level, when you take damage from a creature that is within 5 feet of you. You can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against that creature.
#ab;Path of the Totem Warrior
The Path of the Totem Warrior is a spiritual journey, as the barbarian accepts a spirit animal as guide, protector, and inspiration. In battle, your totem spirit fills you with supernatural might, adding magical fuel to your barbarian rage.
Most barbarian tribes consider a totem animal to be kin to a particular clan. In such cases, it is unusual for an individual to have more than one totem animal spirit, though exceptions exist.
#abf;Spirit Seeker;3
Yours is a path that seeks attunement with the natural world, giving you a kinship with beasts. At 3rd level when you adopt this path, you gain the ability to cast the beastsense and speak with animals spells, but only as rituals, as described in chapter 10.
#abf;Totem Spirit;3
At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or acquire a physical totem object- an amulet or similar adornment - that incorporates fur or feathers, claws, teeth, or bones of the totem animal. At your option, you also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent of your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick-skinned, or if your totem is the eagle, your eyes turn bright yellow.
Your totem animal might be an animal related to those listed here but more appropriate to your homeland. For example, you could choose a hawk or vulture in place of an eagle.
<b>Bear.</b> While raging, you have resistance to all damage except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you tough enough to stand up to any punishment.
<b>Eagle.</b> While you're raging and aren't wearing heavy armour, other creatures have disadvantage on opportunity attack rolls against you, and you can use the Dash action as a bonus action on your turn. The spirit of the eagle makes you into a predator who can weave through the fray with ease.
<b>Wolf.</b> While you're raging, your friends have advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature within 5 feet of you that is hostile to you. The spirit of the wolf makes you a leader of hunters.
#abf;Aspect of the Beast;6
At 6th level, you gain a magical benefit based on the totem animal of your choice. You can choose the same animal you selected at 3rd level or a different one.
<b>Bear.</b> You gain the might of a bear. Your carrying capacity (including maximum load and maximum lift) is doubled, and you have advantage on Strength checks made to push, pull, lift, or break objects.
<b>Eagle.</b> You gain the eyesight of an eagle. You can see up to 1 mile away with no difficulty, able to discern even fine details as though looking at something no more than 100 feet away from you. Additionally, dim light doesn't impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks.
<b>Wolf.</b> You gain the hunting sensibilities of a wolf. You can track other creatures while travelling at a fast pace, and you can move stealthily while travelling at a normal pace (see chapter 8 for rules on travel pace).
#abf;Spirit Walker;10
At 10th level, you can cast the commune with nature spell, but only as a ritual. When you do so, a spiritual version of one of the animals you chose for Totem Spirit or Aspect of the Beast appears to you to convey the information you seek.
#abf;Totemic Attunement;14
At 14th level, you gain a magical benefit based on a totem animal of your choice. You can choose the same animal you selected previously or a different one.
<b>Bear.</b> While you're raging, any creature within 5 feet of you that's hostile to you has disadvantage on attack rolls against targets other than you or another character with this feature. An enemy is immune to this effect if it can't see or hear you or if it can't be frightened.
<b>Eagle.</b> While raging, you have a flying speed equal to your current walking speed. This benefit works only in short bursts; you fall if you end your turn in the air and nothing else is holding you aloft.
<b>Wolf.</b> While you're raging, you can use a bonus action on your turn to knock a Large or smaller creature prone when you hit it with melee weapon attack.

Xorn
August 23rd, 2014, 17:59
yondar, throw CODE tags around those so they aren't quite so large. :)

Also, that parsed just fine for me. What seems to be the problem?

yondar
August 23rd, 2014, 18:39
It was getting to certain point then stopping, but its working for me know.

Maybe I need to come out of the parser itself more often.

Thanks anyway

tlavalle
August 24th, 2014, 02:50
i am colorblind i can help Xorn :)

Khalas
August 25th, 2014, 19:33
I'm feeling rather silly here, but I am unable to make it work. I've set everything, it says it parsed properly (yet even in debug mode 1, I do not see any precise data), I get a nice module... but there's nothing in it and FGII won't load it even if I put it in the right folder :(

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b26]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. .. [Basic Dungeon Master's Document 0.1]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : magicitems (archive) .................................................. .............. [Completed]
Make : npcs (archive) .................................................. .................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ............... [Well Formed]
Write : module xml definition .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module images .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module tokens .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module thumbnail .................................................. .......... [Completed]
Cook : module archive .................................................. .................... [Completed]
Build : module .................................................. ............................ [Completed]

Xorn
August 25th, 2014, 21:21
I'm feeling rather silly here, but I am unable to make it work. I've set everything, it says it parsed properly (yet even in debug mode 1, I do not see any precise data), I get a nice module... but there's nothing in it and FGII won't load it even if I put it in the right folder :(

Doesn't look like it parsed anything. Make sure your TXT files are in the proper folder (\input under your base folder).

Khalas
August 25th, 2014, 22:43
This is what my text looks like in npcs.txt:

ALLOSAURUS
Large beast, unaligned
Hit Points 51 (6d10 + 18)
Speed 60 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 19 (+4) 13 (+1) 17 (+3) 2 (−4) 12 (+1) 5 (−3)
Skills Perception +5
Senses passive Perception 15
Languages —
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
Pounce. If the allosaurus moves at least 30 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the allosaurus can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d10 + 4) piercing damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing damage.
##;
The allosaurus is a predatory dinosaur of great size, strength, and speed. It can run down almost any prey over open ground, pouncing to pull creatures down with its wicked claws.

El Condoro
August 25th, 2014, 23:14
Can you add a shot of your PAR5E config, too? Sometimes that is where the problem lies.

Xorn
August 25th, 2014, 23:45
https://puu.sh/b7PtX/64b0a7d89c.jpg

Parsed fine for me. I did notice that when I tried to save it in Notepad, it said there were some non-standard characters in it that were lost when I hit save. Those might be your issue. Try re-saving the document in plain ole' Notepad to remove non-standard characters.

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 00:02
I've saved it again in regular notepad, and it did give me the non standard character message.
This is what Par5e gave me:
[quote]Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b26]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. .................. [Monster Manual (5e)]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]
Make : npcs (reference) .................................................. .................. [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ............... [Well Formed]
Write : module xml definition .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module images .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module tokens .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module thumbnail .................................................. .......... [Completed]
Cook : module archive .................................................. .................... [Completed]
Build : module .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
[\quote]

And this is my Par5e window:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5raocs0m7rjuod/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202014-08-25%2019.01.08.png?dl=0

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 00:38
I've saved it again in regular notepad, and it did give me the non standard character message.
This is what Par5e gave me:
[quote]Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b26]
Info : module .................................................. .................. [Monster Manual (5e)]
Make : npcs (reference) .................................................. .................. [Completed]
[\quote]

And this is my Par5e window:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5raocs0m7rjuod/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202014-08-25%2019.01.08.png?dl=0

You've configured PAR5E to use the FG app data/modules/input folder for as the Module Source path. PAR5E is attempting to look for its input files in a subfolder called input inside the Module Source Path, in this case its attempting look for files in FG app data/modules/input/input/ which doesn't exist.

Its not a good idea to setup your module source files for PAR5E under your FG app data modules folder. So here's what I suggest you do.

Create a folder in your Home or Desktop folder
Copy your thumbnail.png to the folder you just created
Inside the folder you just created, create two more subfolder, input and output

Copy your npcs.txt file into the input folder
Open PAR5E
Set your Module Name, Category and ID
Set the Ruleset to 5E
Set the Module Source Path to the folder you created under your Desktop or Home folder in Step 1
Set the Thumbnail Path to the thumbnail you copied in step 2 (should be under the folder you created under Step 1)
Set the Temp Path to the output folder you created in Step 3
Set the FG Module Path to you FG app data/modules folder
Under Data Items, check the npcs reference/campaign checkboxes to output to the Library, Campaign windows or both
Click the Save button to save the module config, save it in the folder you created in Step 1 and call it something like config.properties.
Click the Parse button.

Give that a go and let us know how you get on.

El Condoro
August 26th, 2014, 00:43
That's almost identical to mine, except the thumbnail should be in \fantasy grounds\modules\images\thumbnail.png. Not sure - worth a try.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/PAR5E_monsters.png

Edit: posted just after Zeus - listen to him!

Alzarian Crimson
August 26th, 2014, 01:19
I'm guessing that this is awesome. However I have to admit that the users manual appears to be written for computer programmers, not average folks like me. As a result I'm guessing that there are only a relatively small group that can actually implement the tool right now. Is there any way that someone can dumb down the instructions so that less than competent computer users might be able to understand them? I would really appreciate almost any kind of help here at all. Thanks!

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 02:20
The parsing worked, following the instructions of Zeus!
Sadly, when I try to boot it in FG, I click the library, then NPCs, and I get a glorious error console:

Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value)

Xorn
August 26th, 2014, 02:40
I'm guessing that this is awesome. However I have to admit that the users manual appears to be written for computer programmers, not average folks like me. As a result I'm guessing that there are only a relatively small group that can actually implement the tool right now. Is there any way that someone can dumb down the instructions so that less than competent computer users might be able to understand them? I would really appreciate almost any kind of help here at all. Thanks!

My girlfriend is working late tomorrow, and I'll have the house to myself. I'll make a tutorial video showing how to make a module tomorrow.

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 02:47
Repeated the process, all worked now. How do I check what parsed wrong with the red filenames, like Adult Red Dragon?

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 03:03
Found the problem by looking at the stat blocks. Some XP values were written like this: 1, 800. I have edited them all to be like this: 1800. That solved it =3

Olodrin
August 26th, 2014, 04:00
General question - how are people handling coding the warlock invocations? I thought at first it would be best to make them an Ability, with the individual invocations as ability features, but that kept getting mixed up with the Otherworldy Patrons ability.

Making each one a separate a feature seems like overkill, while grouping them all under one feature seems kind of clunky.

Thoughts?

Irondrake
August 26th, 2014, 04:44
I created a seperate subclass for Warlock Invocations and put them all in there as abilities.

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 05:47
I felt a bit more bold, and did the same for the Hoard of the Dragon Queen supplement. Oddly, though, the parser hangs at Assassin:

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b26]
Info : module .................................................. ............ [Hoard of the Dragon Queen]
Parse : npc .................................................. ....................... [Adult Blue Dragon]
Parse : npc .................................................. ................................. [Acolyte]
Parse : npc .................................................. ...................... [Adult White Dragon]
Parse : npc .................................................. ........................... [Air Elemental]
Parse : npc .................................................. ................................ [Assassin]

This is my shot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/opnxrjrhwcqphxm/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202014-08-26%2000.46.31.png?dl=0

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 08:52
Found the problem by looking at the stat blocks. Some XP values were written like this: 1, 800. I have edited them all to be like this: 1800. That solved it =3

You can leave the comma in, just make sure all white space between the digits is removed e.g. 1,800 XP should work fine.

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 08:55
I felt a bit more bold, and did the same for the Hoard of the Dragon Queen supplement. Oddly, though, the parser hangs at Assassin:

This is my shot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/opnxrjrhwcqphxm/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202014-08-26%2000.46.31.png?dl=0

If PAR5E is hanging, it will be hanging on the entry following Assassin. Check the NPC stat block following Assassin in your npcs.txt file, make sure the stat block's syntax is exactly what PAR5E expects to see.

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 08:57
My girlfriend is working late tomorrow, and I'll have the house to myself. I'll make a tutorial video showing how to make a module tomorrow.

You are a star, Xorn. Thanks for doing this, I enjoy your videos.

And to all those struggling with the documentation, I'll carve out some time over this weekend to create a simpler instruction guide with some nice screenshots.

yondar
August 26th, 2014, 09:44
A question about backgrouds, when i look at my text file it looks like the example in the DD5E user guide and it parses correctly. When I look at the backgrounds in my PHB the tables look like the following, any ideas where i'm going wrong.

Thanks

Yondar

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 09:54
A question about backgrouds, when i look at my text file it looks like the example in the DD5E user guide and it parses correctly. When I look at the backgrounds in my PHB the tables look like the following, any ideas where i'm going wrong.

Thanks

Yondar

It looks like you forgot to also check tables in the data items config pane of PAR5E. As a consequence the tables are not being created as part of the parse and are thus missing from the resulting module that gets produced.

Check the tables Cmp box on the config pane and re-parse.

yondar
August 26th, 2014, 10:05
No I have ckecked that, see below

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 14:27
If it hangs at Assassin, that means Bandit is the issue?
I've been looking at this one for a bit of time now, and I can't seem to find the issue.

Bandit
Medium humanoid (any race), any non-lawful alignment
Armor Class 12 (leather armor)
Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 11 (+0) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0)
Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
ACTIONS
Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack:+3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) slashing damage.
Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack:+3 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.

EDIT: That seemed to be a double space problem. =3

yondar
August 26th, 2014, 17:31
I am total confused over backgrounds, do you have to put the tables in the tables.txt file or should it parse fine with the backgrounds.text file and tables.txt checked in the config pane.

If its the former can someone give me help with an idea about the columns, rows etc.

If its the later then I don't know where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Yondar

Xorn
August 26th, 2014, 17:51
You put them in the backgrounds.txt file, exactly as they are formatted in the PAR5E 5E User Guide.

Khalas
August 26th, 2014, 19:26
Hrm, I'm trying to add tokens to my entries, but it's not working. I get this comment at the end of the parse:
Write : copying module tokens .................................................. ................ [Failed]

EDIT: It seems deleting the folder structure in Output allowed it to work :)

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 20:08
I am total confused over backgrounds, do you have to put the tables in the tables.txt file or should it parse fine with the backgrounds.text file and tables.txt checked in the config pane.

If its the former can someone give me help with an idea about the columns, rows etc.

If its the later then I don't know where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Yondar

You need to include the background tables in the backgrounds.txt input file, as per the documentation. However to get the tables to show up in FG (under campaign tables) and to ensure the Backrounds link correctly to the tables, you need to check the tables output as well as Backgrounds in the config pane. Even if you don't have a tables.txt, PAR5E will display a warning about the tables.txt path being invalid but the it will still parse ok.

Zeus
August 26th, 2014, 20:10
Hrm, I'm trying to add tokens to my entries, but it's not working. I get this comment at the end of the parse:
Write : copying module tokens .................................................. ................ [Failed]

EDIT: It seems deleting the folder structure in Output allowed it to work :)

Doesn't sound like your running the latest build Khalas? The output folder should be automatically cleared (if it contains files) before a parse action begins. I added this a couple of builds back. Did you change the module name or something?

yondar
August 26th, 2014, 20:16
Ok so here is the first 2 backgrounds and my parse file, it still doesn't work.

##;Acolyte
You have spent your life in the service of a temple to a specific god or pantheon of gods. You act as an intermediary between the realm of the holy and the mortal world, performing sacred rites and offering sacrifices in order to conduct worshippers into the presence of the divine. You are not necessarily a cleric-performing sacred rites is not the same thing as channeling divine power.
Choose a god, a pantheon of gods, or some other quasi-divine being from among those listed in appendix B or those specified by your DM, and work with your DM to detail the nature of your religious service. Were you a lesser functionary in a temple, raised from childhood to assist the priests in the sacred rites? Or were you a high priest who suddenly experienced a call to serve your god in a different way?
Perhaps you were the leader of a small cult outside of any established temple structure, or even an occult group that served a fiendish master that you now deny.
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book or prayer wheel, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15gp
As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.
You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.
Acolytes are shaped by their experience in temples or other religious communities. Their study of the history and tenets of their faith and their relationships to temples, shrines, or hierarchies affect their mannerisms and ideals. Their flaws might be some hidden hypocrisy or heretical idea, or an ideal or bond taken to an extreme.

d8 Personality Trait
1 I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that persons deeds and example.
2 I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathising with them and always working towards peace.
3 I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
4 Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
5 I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
6 I am tolerant (or intolerant) of other faiths and respect (or condemn) the worship of other gods.
7 I've enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temples elite. Rough living grates on me.
8 I have spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.

d6 Ideal
1 Tradition. The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld. (Lawful)
2 Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
3 Change. We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)
4 Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faiths religious hierarchy. (Lawful)
5 Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
6 Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my gods favour by matching my actions against his or her teachings. (Any)

d6 Bond
1 I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
2 I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.
3 I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
4 Everything I do is for the common people.
5 I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.
6 I seek to preserve a sacred text that my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy.

d6 Flaw
1 I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
2 I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temples hierarchy.
3 My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.
4 I am inflexible in my thinking.
5 I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
6 Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

##;Charlatan
You have always had a way with people. You know what makes them tick, you can tease out their hearts' desires after a few minutes of conversation, and with a few leading questions you can read them like they were children's books. It's a useful talent, and one that you're perfectly willing to use for your advantage.
You know what people want and you deliver, or rather, you promise to deliver. Common sense should steer people away from things that sound too good to be true, but common sense seems to be in short supply when you're around. The bottle of pink-coloured liquid will surely cure that unseemly rash, this ointment-nothing more than a bit of fat with a sprinkle of silver dust-can restore youth and vigour, and there's a bridge in the city that just happens to be for sale. These marvels sound implausible, but you make them sound like the real deal.
Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Sleight of Hand
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, forgery kit
Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a disguise kit, tools of the con of your choice (ten stoppered bottles filled with coloured liquid, a set of weighted dice, a deck of marked cards, or a signet ring of an imaginary duke), and a belt pouch containing 15gp
Favourite Schemes
Every charlatan has an angle he or she uses in preference to other schemes. Choose a favourite scam or roll on the table below.

d6 Scam
1 I cheat at games of chance.
2 I shave coins or forge documents.
3 I insinuate myself into people's lives to prey on their weakness and secure their fortunes.
4 I put on new identities like clothes.
5 I run sleight-of-hand cons on street corners.
6 I convince people that worthless junk is worth their hard-earned money.

Feature: False Identity
You have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and disguises that allow you to assume that persona. Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.
Charlatans are colourful characters who conceal their true selves behind the masks they construct. They reflect what people want to see, what they want to believe, and how they see the world. But their true selves are sometimes plagued by an uneasy conscience, an old enemy, or deep-seated trust issues.

d8 Personality Trait
1 I fall in and out of love easily, and am always pursuing someone.
2 I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humour is inappropriate.
3 Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
4 I’m a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
5 I lie about almost everything, even when there’s no good reason to.
6 Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.
7 I keep multiple holy symbols on me and invoke whatever deity might come in useful at any given moment.
8 I pocket anything I see that might have some value.

d6 Ideal
1 Independence. I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
2 Fairness. I never target people who can’t afford to lose a few coins. (Lawful)
3 Charity. I distribute the money I acquire to the people who really need it. (Good)
4 Creativity. I never run the same con twice. (Chaotic)
5 Friendship. Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever. (Good)
6 Aspiration. I’m determined to make something of myself. (Any)

d6 Bond
1 I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
2 I owe everything to my mentor - a horrible person who’s probably rotting in jail somewhere.
3 Somewhere out there, I have a child who doesn’t know me. I’m making the world better for him or her.
4 I come from a noble family, and one day I’ll reclaim my lands and title from those who stole them from me.
5 A powerful person killed someone I love. Someday soon, I’ll have my revenge.
6 I swindled and ruined a person who didn’t deserve it. I seek to atone for my misdeeds but might never be able to forgive myself.

d6 Flaw
1 I can’t resist a pretty face.
2 I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in.
3 I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.
4 I’m too greedy for my own good. I can’t resist taking a risk if there’s money involved.
5 I can’t resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.
6 I hate to admit it and will hate myself for it, but I'll run and preserve my own hide if the going gets tough.

khersheyjr
August 26th, 2014, 21:09
I believe you need all the equipment to fit on the same line. The rest looks fine to me

Xorn
August 27th, 2014, 00:46
Do you have a tables.txt file made? Even if blank, Par5E needs that to make background tables, from my experience.

Tutorial footage is recorded. Editing it down now. It's been awhile so it might be a little rough.

Xorn
August 27th, 2014, 04:17
Video is rendering now; it's just shy of an hour. I didn't cut any of the "markup" of the text documents, but I played it back at 400% speed to save time. I covered everything needed for parsing the PHB and/or DMG.

I'll make another video later covering adventure module creation. I'll probably update this one down the road now that I have a better idea of how I should go about it, too. (For this one, I just did a 93 minute take and then cut it down as quickly as I could and sped up a lot of it.) Anyway, as soon as it finishes rendering I'll get it put up on YouTube.

Xorn
August 27th, 2014, 04:19
FYI Yondar, the "CODE" tags means put [ code ] and [ /code ] around the text (without the extra spaces) and it will keep the text confined to a small window in the post (and display in fixed width too).

Alzarian Crimson
August 27th, 2014, 05:15
Holy @&$! Xorn! You are awesome.

Xorn
August 27th, 2014, 14:09
Having a hell of a time getting it uploaded anywhere. Plus I'm positive I'm going to redo it in the future, I'm just pushing it up to my Twitch.tv account for now. It'll be available to watch in about 20 minutes or so. I'll update this post with a link then.

Olodrin
August 27th, 2014, 14:46
This is really only for the Warlock - as suggested by someone in the thread, I created a Warlock subclass (Warlock_Invocations) to serve as a placeholder for the Warlock eldritch invocations, all listed as features, which is fine as a workaround, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Is there any way to have both the Otherworldly Patrons Ability and an Eldritch Invocations Ability in the Warlock class description?

Thanks

Irondrake
August 27th, 2014, 18:08
I have four in my warlock class, one for each pact and one for invocations. I have one for ever wizard school as well. Six. Seven?

Olodrin
August 27th, 2014, 18:38
I have four in my warlock class, one for each pact and one for invocations. I have one for ever wizard school as well. Six. Seven?

That's interesting - when I try to introduce a second ability header, it gets ignored while the ability features of the second ability are incorporated under the header of the first ability.

For instance, if I try to include an ability header for Eldritch Invocations after the ability header for Otherworldly Patrons, the #abh;Eldritch Invocations is ignored while the the #abf;Agonizing Blast is incorporated under the Otherworldly Patrons.

Could you post (or PM me) your section of code for the warlock that includes mulltiple ability headers? Or even just a generic block that includes two functioning ability headers in the same class?

Thanks

Zeus
August 27th, 2014, 19:06
That's interesting - when I try to introduce a second ability header, it gets ignored while the ability features of the second ability are incorporated under the header of the first ability.

For instance, if I try to include an ability header for Eldritch Invocations after the ability header for Otherworldly Patrons, the #abh;Eldritch Invocations is ignored while the the #abf;Agonizing Blast is incorporated under the Otherworldly Patrons.

Could you post (or PM me) your section of code for the warlock that includes mulltiple ability headers? Or even just a generic block that includes two functioning ability headers in the same class?

Thanks

Hmm, if this is working I'll admit to it not being by design since Warlock is the exception to the format used in the four base classes; which makes me also curious to see how you have formatted this Irondrake. If you do post up - please post up a redacted or shortened version.

Zeus
August 27th, 2014, 19:08
Also, if you haven't spotted it already, Xorn has made a fabulous tutorial video available, see PAR5E Tutorial (rough cut) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21964-PAR5E-Tutorial-(rough-cut)). (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21964-PAR5E-Tutorial-(rough-cut)) All those, who have been asking for more guidance go watch this video now. go go go

Irondrake
August 27th, 2014, 23:56
I don't know if this is right, wrong, or indifferent, but this is what works for me and it works well.

Irondrake
August 28th, 2014, 00:31
Well, ok, so that's the way it used to work. Now everything is rolled up into the last ability header for the Warlock. I used to have 3 different ones, Pact Boons, Invocations, and Otherworldly Patrons. Only Pact Boons shows up and all of them are inside it. I guess that was "adjusted" with the last build?

Xorn
August 28th, 2014, 02:25
The way I did Eldritch Invocations was:
#fe;Eldritch Invocations;2
text blah blah
#h;Eldritch Invocations
#bp;Agonizing Blast
#bs;prerequisit: eldritch...
when you blah blah
#bp;Armor of Shadows
You can cast <i>mage armor</i> on ...

Like that. My buddy made a warlock and dropped the Feature on his sheet, then in parenthesis he tacked onto the title which ones he had taken.