PDA

View Full Version : Project: Par5e

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Fate
May 20th, 2016, 22:17
Is the npc image link code the same as a class image link? I've tried for example this at the bottom of my npc after all the actions.

##;
#h;Murloc
#zl;image;Murloc.jpg;Murloc

but the image will not show up on the Others tab of the npc. The file parses ok but gives a warning saying Parse : npc ...................................... [##; - WARNING]

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2016, 22:54
Are you also remembering to par5e the image? Also if you are par5eing a reference document try refimage. And one more thing you may have to bracket the link with #zls; and #zle;.

Fate
May 20th, 2016, 22:58
Hey Azcchaeus, I have been parsing the image. I just tried bracketing the link with #zls; and #zle; with both image and refimage with no luck.

edit: I should note that the npc image is in the same module, so stored in the images folder. I am not trying to link it from another module.

Fate
May 20th, 2016, 23:12
Here is my entire npcs.txt file, maybe I'm missing something.

Murloc
Medium Humonoid (Murloc), Neutral Evil
Armor Class 13 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 18 (4d8)
Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 13 (+1) 12 (+1) 11 (+0) 11 (+0) 10 (+0) 8 (-1)
Skills Perception +4
Senses Darkvision 60ft., Passive Perception 14
Languages Nerglish, Common
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Amphibious. You can breathe both air and water. In addition, Murloc's gain advaantage on any Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Strength (Athletics) checks made while completely submerged in water.The Murloc's swim speed is 30 ft.
Darvision. Murloc's have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. They can see in dim light within 60 feet of them as if they were in bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. They cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Slippery. The Murloc has advantage on Ability checks and Saving throws made to escape a grapple.
Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4+1) piercing damage.
Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5ft., or range 20/60ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6+1) piercing damage, or 5 (1d8+1) piercing damage if used with a two hands to make a melee attack.
Net. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The target is restrained. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength saving throw to free itself or another creature in a net, ending the effect on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC10) frees the target without harming it and destroys thet net.

##;
#h;Murloc
#zls;
#zl;image;Murloc.jpg;Image:Murloc
#zle;

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2016, 23:32
I'm not near my computer so can't test it out but try removing the line break before the ##;

Fate
May 20th, 2016, 23:34
lol thanks much Zacchaeus, that did the trick.

edit: tested and confirmed you also do not need the #zls; and #zle; bracketing the link.

zeracool2k
May 21st, 2016, 00:40
Fate, be careful with the general spelling of your NPCs; there are some missing spaces before "ft." (in reach and darkvision), and a seemingly harmless typo "advaantage" in the Amphibious trait.

Fantasy Grounds relies heavily on wording for the automation, and a small misspellings can cause FG to not recognize an effect or attack as such. As a general rule, try to follow the wording of the Monter Manual, and you should be OK.

Fate
May 21st, 2016, 00:47
thanks for the proof read and heads up.

kp9911
May 22nd, 2016, 09:32
This is a rather weird one, I am currently in the process of creating my own parser and while comparing the XML's to the one that are created by Zeus's application. Whenever the ability scores of NPCS are 9, it shows the modifier to be at 0 instead of -1.

However if you look into the FG, the score is currently displayed as -1. So weird! I guess FG calculates these values as well :D

EDIT: After comparing even more samples it seems that all the negative values are taken as +1

So for example an ability score of 1 has a modifier of -4 instead of -5

Does anyone know if this was intentional? Or just that the rounding down of the numbers was not done accurately?

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2016, 11:14
I have no insight into the workings of the great mind that is Zeus!

pierce768
May 23rd, 2016, 23:17
MY par5er seems to be stuck. I'm not getting any errors in the console it just doesn't build the mod file. It worked a day ago, and all that I changed was a few more lines in the story file. Any ideas?

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ................ [Talgrun and the Micar]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
Parse : npc .................................................. ............................. [Jacobo - OK]
Parse : npc .................................................. .................... [Imverin Yauntis - OK]
Parse : npc .................................................. ................... [zGeneric Soldier - OK]
Parse : npc .................................................. ...................... [zGeneric Mage - OK]
Parse : npc .................................................. ..................... [zGeneric scout - OK]
Parse : npcs .................................................. .............................. [Completed]
Make : npcs windowlists .................................................. .................. [Completed]
Parse : story .................................................. ................... [(Willowsteel) - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ..................... [(Dun Naram) - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. .................... [Introduction - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ................... [The First Inn - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. .............. [Buck's Goose Chase - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............ [The Shipment departs - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ........................ [The Cave - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............. [Back to Willowsteel - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. .................... [On the Road! - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ......................... [Arrival - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : story windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : npcs (campaign) .................................................. ................... [Completed]

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2016, 23:55
It looks like it's stuck on an npc. Try parsing without the npc.txt file. If that doesn't work you may have introduced a strange character into a story entry. Par5e is a bit sensitive about some characters.

pierce768
May 24th, 2016, 02:41
It looks like it's stuck on an npc. Try parsing without the npc.txt file. If that doesn't work you may have introduced a strange character into a story entry. Par5e is a bit sensitive about some characters.

Ty, it was a '!' at the end of a header.

astromath
May 24th, 2016, 03:19
That will do it every time. What I do is leave it off when I parse, then I add it to the title in FS itself.

kp9911
May 29th, 2016, 07:45
Hello community, does anyone here know someone or themselves have experience with parsers for XML in Fantasy Grounds? I'm currently working on a new one.

My problem is when I finally create the .mod file which needs to move to data --> Modules folder in FG, it does not show up in the list of available modules and its pretty neigh impossible to tell what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

PS: If there is a forum space dedicated to developing things like these please do let me know as a comment to this post. Thanks!

damned
May 29th, 2016, 08:53
Heya kp9911.

As a start are you sending over the individual files or a packed up mod?
A few things to check:
1. Fantasy Grounds will only see a brand new (one that wasnt there before) module on a close/open of FG.
2. Your module can be (especially for testing purposes) used unpacked. It would be \modules\myawesomemod and contain definition.xml, common.xml, thumbnail.png and maybe some images
3. If your module is packed it has to be compressed using standard zip compression and renamed .mod
4. If your module is packed it should not have a folder containing all these files - you should zip the contents of /myawesomemod up but not the /myawesommod folder
5. You can deactivate/activate modules while FG is open to test changes/updates

Thats all off the top of my head...

kp9911
May 29th, 2016, 09:02
Heya kp9911.

As a start are you sending over the individual files or a packed up mod?
A few things to check:
1. Fantasy Grounds will only see a brand new (one that wasnt there before) module on a close/open of FG.
2. Your module can be (especially for testing purposes) used unpacked. It would be \modules\myawesomemod and contain definition.xml, common.xml, thumbnail.png and maybe some images
3. If your module is packed it has to be compressed using standard zip compression and renamed .mod
4. If your module is packed it should not have a folder containing all these files - you should zip the contents of /myawesomemod up but not the /myawesommod folder
5. You can deactivate/activate modules while FG is open to test changes/updates

Thats all off the top of my head...

Thanks for the assistance damned! I'll check these out, I had no idea it had to be common.xml, since when I checked the pare5E version it was called db.xml. Lets see if this changes things.

@damned, changing it to common.xml worked! Everything seems to be in order, Ill be running some tests now and then integrate this functionality with my previous app.

damned
May 29th, 2016, 09:07
db.xml is fine.
I cant remember which is the *better* option under the new paradigm.
It might be that db.xml is the correct version - either way - thats not your issue here.

Oh - one more thing -
<root version="3.1">
<name>Test</name>
<author>Sandy Petersen</author>
<ruleset>CallOfCthulhu7E</ruleset>
</root>

the ruleset tag MUST be exactly the same as the ruleset - including case!

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2016, 11:13
If I remember from a discussion a few days ago par5e produces db.xml if you tick the GM only option and common.xml is produced if you tick the Common option. I can't remember what it produces for GM/Player option. This might be a good forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?42-The-Workshop) for you to post in but it depends on what exactly you are doing I suppose and how general it is.

Varsuuk
May 29th, 2016, 21:22
kp9911,

I'm doing pretty much the same thing, only while I believe I started before you did ;) I can only work on it sporadically (plus I am using it as a way to refresh some minor Java experience I had 15 years ago) and have only gotten as far as making a db.xml for Background and Tables handling. I've tested the output and I seem to have it right even though I made some style changes to elements etc. I am in the middle of refactoring after completing this first part. I know more now and am reorganizing my classes. There will likely be reorganized again after a few more parsed types and CERTAINLY if I go on to doing CoreRPG as well. I believe in iterative/refactoring style when my work schedule allows in the office and since this is for my own learning, I will certainly stick to my preference ;)

I must have done something wrong because I tried to place it unzipped to no avail - most likely, it was early on and I did something wrong in addition and THAT was what stopped it. Now that I know it works like extensions, I will go back to unpacked and save myself time - thanks!

I am trying to stick to PAR5E format where possible because besides being a thing for myself to learn from, I figure it may be of use to others. I plan on fixing some of the annoying gotchas due to PARSE not being updated, but time will tell - so far, I like some improvements to Backgrounds I have made to make it better fit some things I see in PHB. We will see as I said.

One question: I was thinking of the whole pre-processing thing. Does the community and those with mondo PARSE experience like the Z-Man think it might be more useful to treat end of lines when pasting large amount of text in descriptions to not being "end of line" and outputting as <p></p> by default? Normally from videos I see that we "join" the lines prior to parsing. Any thought to instead have the parsing app join the lines for us UNLESS the line starts with something like #p; ? I thought that might make prep work simpler plus allow for easier manual input on some editors. but my use of PAR5E is very limited and I don't want to redesign something with very little experience.:) Too many of my old Managers used to do that lol

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2016, 22:24
Varsuuk: Whilst I am reasonably competent at using par5e I haven't the foggiest idea of how it works. The carriage returns that have to be gotten rid of are a consequence of pasting in from pdf files rather than anything else. If you try to get a parser to figure out which is a false CR and which are needed you might struggle to ever get it done. If I am understanding what your question is of course :)

kp9911
May 29th, 2016, 22:33
Varsuuk,

Good to see that there are more people interested in creating their own versions of the par5e application. The reason for me to do so was also the same. Par5e being severely downgraded considering no support was the reason I started making my own version.

So far I have been successful, however in my case its with the NPC's :P

I am using bare bones simple writing everything to a giant string and then once and for all parsing it into the required xml's which then can be combined to form the required modules.

With regards to your question, I am currently building my code around the input file that can be also used with par5e since the community is familiar with it. But I hear you its annoying to get rid of all the line spaces you speak off, which is why I have customized another application which you can find here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30560-Creature-Creator-to-Par5e). It does all this for you. Quite frankly all I do is replace line breaks "CRLF" with spaces and ta da instant paragraphs. Hope this answers your question. :D

zeracool2k
May 29th, 2016, 23:23
Varsuuk and kp1911, there are several ways to deal with the "CRLF" that occurs when copying from a formatted pdf or other formatted sources.

Although there is no actual solution, since there is no way of knowing which carriage-return-line-feed is real and which is not, a commonly used way of managing the copy-line-jumps is by using RegEx or a Macro to delete all CRLFs except those that are immediately after a dot (.), ensuring that most paragraphs will remain as such. Of course, some paragraphs will be dissassembled into sentences, but is better than "ctrl-j"-ing every line.

Personally, I've used macropod's macro (from the Microsoft Office Forums), with moderate sucess. It removes hyphens from cut-up words, extra tabulations, and extra spaces, but requires two CRLFs to recognize paragraphs... so it generally turns everything you copy into a huge single paragraph. All credit goes to macropod.

Sub CleanUpPastedText()
'Turn Off Screen Updating
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With ActiveDocument.Range.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindStop
.Format = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
'Eliminate spaces & tabs before paragraph breaks.
.Text = "[ ^s^t]{1,}^13"
.Replacement.Text = "^p"
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
'Replace single paragraph breaks & line breaks with a space
.Text = "([!^13^l])([^13^l])([!^13^l])"
.Replacement.Text = "\1 \3"
'Replace all double spaces with single spaces
.Text = "[^s ]{2,}"
.Replacement.Text = " "
'Delete hypens in hyphenated text formerly split across lines
.Text = "([a-z])-[ ]{1,}([a-z])"
.Replacement.Text = "\1\2"
'Limit paragraph breaks & line breaks to one paragraph break per 'real' paragraph.
.Text = "[^13^l]{1,}"
.Replacement.Text = "^p"
End With
'Restore Screen Updating
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

kp9911
May 30th, 2016, 00:20
I'm curious does this by any chance make say s pell --> spell?

zeracool2k
May 30th, 2016, 00:54
No.

But you could add a function that turns every " s pell" into " spell", or any other ("ld6" into "1d6", etc.); check the AutoHotKey forums (https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm) for ideas on what you can do, and how.

Varsuuk
May 30th, 2016, 01:42
Thanks guys for the feedback as well as the hard examples ;)

What I was thinking is that since most ... WAIT -> Starting another thread, this is too off-topic now, please head there for future PAR5Eing ;)

astromath
May 30th, 2016, 03:50
It would have been nice if you post a link to the new thread.

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 09:51
##;Wild Magic Surge
#!;Wild Magic Surge
dice;%
column;Wild Magic Surge
row;1;2;Roll on this table...
[snip]

when I copy n use this I get a warning in par5e but after making it like this:
#@;Wild Magic Surge
##;Wild Magic Surge
#!;Wild Magic Surge
dice;100

it says its ok n works fine
column;Wild Magic Surge
row;1;2;Roll on this table...

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2016, 10:25
Your second version is the correct one - see the documentation for the format of tables.txt

zeracool2k
June 5th, 2016, 04:59
The Par5e DD5 User Guide documentation denotes the d100 in rollable tables as dice;d%; I didn't know you could use d100.

My life is a lie!

damned
June 5th, 2016, 05:37
The Par5e doco is not totally up to date....

magnusprime27
June 5th, 2016, 05:53
[QUOTE=Zacchaeus;268778]In order to reference images in a reference text you need to use 'refimage' and you also need to specify the tag of the image.

#zls;
#zl;refimage;Zhentarim.jpg;Zentharim
#zle;

so how I got this working for anyone else....
I left out the zls/zle...and left off the last part so....
ive been tryin to get the image for sorcerer class to work.

file is sorcerer.jpg in the image folder inside input

this is how it worked:

#zl;refimage;sorcerer.jpg;

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2016, 10:02
Yes, the #zls/#zle bit means the start and end of a link list. I suppose it isn't necessary if you have only one link; but sometimes it seems to be necessary to include it. The documentation of #zl; and #zal; isn't very great and you do have to sometimes experiment a bit until it works.

Varsuuk
June 5th, 2016, 21:51
Speaking of which, I was trying to implement the zl/zal formatting code in tables.txt and figured I'd:

Go into FG, new campaign.
Add Story text.
Add faux item
Add link to faux item to story.
Add link to Adult Black Dragon from MM to story.

Open up the db.xml and look at how links were formatted.

So then I tried to check something in PARSE by taking the Acolyte Personality table, replacing a few entries to test how pal is parsed and verify results looked same.

Couple things:
1. Results looked like I misentered the line (there was a red warning for Personality) but it did generate the db.xml.
2. It seemed to add a @* to ZAL links.
3. It seemed to repeat the link for both columns. Perhaps a PARSE issue, or my bad input. If it's PARSE, that's no big as point of my work is to release a more up to date version.

Here is the input (I wanted minimal, so I didn't add the item I was locally linking to, I expect that would fail or dangle but just wanted to see the translation)

##;Personality
#!;Traits
Blah....more stuff
dice;d8
column;Personality Trait;Num
row;1;1;100;#zal:npc:reference.npcdata.adultblackd [email protected] MM Monster Manual:Adult Black Dragon
row;2;2;#zl:item:item.id-00001:Thingie;200
row;3;3;#zal:npc:reference.npcdata.adultblackdrago [email protected] MM Monster Manual:Adult Black Dragon2;50
row;4;4;Nothing can shake my;600
row;5;5;I quote (or misquote) sacred texts;150
row;6;6;I am tolerant (or intolerant);80
row;7;7;I've enjoyed fine food, drink;1
row;8;8;I’ve spent so long in the temple;50

Then the translation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!--Generated by PAR5E - Fantasy Grounds Module Parser - Zeus Copyright 2014--><root version="3.0">
<tables>
<category name="" baseicon="2" decalicon="1">
<tab_personality>
<locked type="number">1</locked>
<name type="string">Personality</name>
<description type="string">Traits</description>
<notes type="formattedtext">
<p>Blah....more stuff</p>
</notes>
<hiderollresults type="number">0</hiderollresults>
<mod type="number">0</mod>
<dice type="dice">d8</dice>
<labelcol1 type="string">Personality Trait</labelcol1>
<labelcol2 type="string">Num</labelcol2>
<resultscols type="number">2</resultscols>
<tablerows>
<id-00001>
<fromrange type="number">1</fromrange>
<torange type="number">1</torange>
<results>
<id-00001>
<resultlink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_tableresult</class>
<recordname>[email protected]st</recordname>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">100</result>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">#zal:npc:[email protected] MM Monster Manual:Adult Black Dragon</result>
</id-00002>
</results>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<fromrange type="number">2</fromrange>
<torange type="number">2</torange>
<results>
<id-00001>
<class>item</class>
<recordname>[email protected]</recordname>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Thingie</result>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<class>item</class>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Thingie</result>
</id-00002>
</results>
</id-00002>
<id-00003>
<fromrange type="number">3</fromrange>
<torange type="number">3</torange>
<results>
<id-00001>
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>[email protected] [email protected]*</recordname>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Adult Black Dragon2</result>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>[email protected] [email protected]*</recordname>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Adult Black Dragon2</result>
</id-00002>
</results>
</id-00003>
<id-00004>
<fromrange type="number">4</fromrange>
<torange type="number">4</torange>
<results>
<id-00001>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Nothing can shake my</result>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">600</result>
</id-00002>
</results>
</id-00004>
<id-00008>
<fromrange type="number">8</fromrange>
<torange type="number">8</torange>
<results>
<id-00001>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">I've spent so long in the temple</result>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">50</result>
</id-00002>
</results>
</id-00008>
</tablerows>
</tab_personality>
</category>
</tables>
<lists>
<table>
<bycategory>
<description type="string">Tables</description>
<groups>
<typecategory>
<description type="string"/>
<index>
<tab_personality>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>table</class>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</link>
<source type="string"/>
</tab_personality>
</index>
</typecategory>
</groups>
</bycategory>
</table>
</lists>
<reference static="true"/>
<library>
<libndevtest>
<name type="string">DevTest Reference Library</name>
<categoryname type="string">PAR5E</categoryname>
<entries>
<id-00001>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_colindex</class>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Tables</name>
</id-00001>
</entries>
</libndevtest>
</library>
</root>

Yes, the #zls/#zle bit means the start and end of a link list. I suppose it isn't necessary if you have only one link; but sometimes it seems to be necessary to include it. The documentation of #zl; and #zal; isn't very great and you do have to sometimes experiment a bit until it works.

Varsuuk
June 5th, 2016, 21:54
PS ... tried to search by hitting magnifying glass above for #zal and zal to no avail. I know the answer to this is in one of the last 100 pages ;P

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2016, 22:31
I'm not sure if there is a question in this or not.

#zal is used to link to a module which is not the module with the link but another module which can be open at the time the link is clicked. So a link in a story or table to an entry in the MM won't work unless the MM is open as well. In later versions of par5e this linking was enhanced so that any module which contained the info would be accessed. So for example if the link was to an NPC then any open module with that NPC in it would open the NPC.

Varsuuk
June 5th, 2016, 22:33
EDIT: When I typed this the prior wasn't posted, I found the answer, but opened up the ambiguity question due to "@*" format. Any info?

OK, I was able to find info by searching on "link" in this thread.

The one that gave me the right format, plus explained the multiple link issue (will be easily solved in my parser) was one with this example:

##;Abyssal Arcana
#!;What spells will you wake up with?
Table for the Abyssal Tiefling Abyssal Arcana ability
dice;d6
column;1st Level;3rd Level;5th Level
row;1;1;#zal:spell:Dancing Lights;#zal:spell:Burning Hands;#zal:spell:Alter Self
row;2;2;#zal:spell:True Strike;#zal:spell:Charm Person;#zal:spell:Darkness
row;3;3;#zal:spell:Light;#zal:spell:Magic Missile;#zal:spell:Invisibility
row;4;4;#zal:spell:Message;#zal:spell:Cure Wounds;#zal:spell:Levitate
row;5;5;#zal:spell:Spare the Dying;#zal:spell:Tasha's Hideous Laughter;#zal:spell:Mirror Image
row;6;6;#zal:spell:Prestidigitation;#zal:spell:Thu nderwave;#zal:spell:Spider Climb

Example of the pertinent part of one spell's output:

<results>
<id-00001>
<class>reference_spell</class>
<recordname>[email protected]*</recordname>
</resultlink>
<result type="string">Dancing Lights</result>
</id-00001>
</results>

So it seems that adding "@*" at the end is correct. That is some indication that it should be from something already open.
But it begs the question: What if you have two Items named the same in two open modules. I'd have thought both appear on their respective module library. So, using an external link (ZAL), how does that work? If it can match two items or spells "equally well"?

That's why I expected and was trying to add the literal @modulename part to the link line...?

For original dupe link question around page 212, you can:
After parse, you can simply load the db.xml, look for these lines and replace just the spell name with intended name and you should be fine (if in doubt, put each spell into a dummy table 1 per line and copy/paste the output)

Varsuuk
June 5th, 2016, 22:47
Further "manual solutions":

Still don't know what would happen if there were more than one thing with same "name" if you used @* links but if there IS an issue, anyone having it can replace @* in the generated recordname with, e.g., "@DD MM Monster Manual" if the linked item were in MM.

I didn't give the PHB link which would better fit the spell examples because I already had a module link I did in Story for the MM handy but not one for PHB. They are easy to figure out if you link anything from the desired module into your campaign story for testing.

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2016, 23:28
As far as I know it stops looking once it has found the first one. There is, I believe, an order of preference coded in so for example it will look in the MM before looking in the SRD. However it could be as simple as alphabetical. In any case it won't open more than one instance of the NPC or whatever the link is looking at.

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2016, 00:07
There's no explicit order. It just cycles through the modules. I believe it may be alphabetical by module name or file name, but that's shouldn't be depended on.

Cheers,
JPG

Varsuuk
June 7th, 2016, 00:14
I was looking at what Parse did with skills.txt to work on that.
However, even inputting a simpler than example version from docs didn't work. It puts the skills in race data and it seems to add a </listlink> without a starter.

Now, I can and will try adding skills in FG itself, but will wait until get home to do on PC since running FG on my MacBookPro gets reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly hot - to warm to be comfortable on my lap. I usually only bring it up to test loading of data I worked on ;)

Is it that Parse cannot work with this any longer due to changes or did I (again) spaz out ;) ?

Input:

#@;Strength
##;Escape Artist
The Escape Artist skill represents

##;Swim
You can use the Swim skill when

Output:

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?>
<!--Generated by PAR5E - Fantasy Grounds Module Parser - Zeus Copyright 2014-->
<root version=\"3.0\">
<lists />
<reference static=\"true\">
<racedata>
<escapeartist>
<name type=\"string\">Escape Artist</name>
<text type=\"formattedtext\"><p>The Escape Artist skill represents</p></listlink></text>
</escapeartist>
<swim>
<name type=\"string\">Swim</name>
<text type=\"formattedtext\"><p>You can use the Swim skill when</p></listlink></text>
</swim>
</racedata>
<racelists>
<byletter>
<description type=\"string\">Races</description>
<groups>
<typeletterE>
<description type=\"string\">E</description>
<index>
<escapeartist>
<link type=\"windowreference\">
<class>reference_race</class>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</link>
<source type=\"string\" />
</escapeartist>
</index>
</typeletterE>
<typeletterS>
<description type=\"string\">S</description>
<index>
<swim>
<link type=\"windowreference\">
<class>reference_race</class>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</link>
<source type=\"string\" />
</swim>
</index>
</typeletterS>
</groups>
</byletter>
</racelists>
</reference>
<library>
<libndevtest>
<name type=\"string\">DevTest Reference Library</name>
<categoryname type=\"string\">PAR5E</categoryname>
<entries>
<id-00001>
<librarylink type=\"windowreference\">
<recordname>reference.racelists.byletter</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type=\"string\">Races</name>
</id-00001>
</entries>
</libndevtest>
</library>
</root>

Varsuuk
June 7th, 2016, 03:22
Never mind.

Apparently, regardless of changes I could not get it to work... until I changed ruleset to CoreRPG then back to 5E and:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!--Generated by PAR5E - Fantasy Grounds Module Parser - Zeus Copyright 2014--><root version="3.0">
<lists/>
<reference static="true">
<skilldata>
<escapeartist>
<name type="string">Escape Artist</name>
<stat type="string">Strength</stat>
<text type="formattedtext">
<p>The Escape Artist skill represents</p>
<list>
<li>Blah</li>
</list>
</text>
</escapeartist>
</skilldata>
<skilllists>
<byletter>
<description type="string">Skills</description>
<groups>
<typeletterE>
<description type="string">E</description>
<index>
<escapeartist>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>reference_skill</class>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</link>
<source type="string"/>
</escapeartist>
</index>
</typeletterE>
</groups>
</byletter>
</skilllists>
</reference>
<library>
<libndevtest>
<name type="string">DevTest Reference Library</name>
<categoryname type="string">PAR5E</categoryname>
<entries>
<id-00001>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<recordname>reference.skilllists.byletter</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Skills</name>
</id-00001>
</entries>
</libndevtest>
</library>
</root>

Sorry for the wasted entries. Feel free to delete both posts :)

magnusprime27
June 8th, 2016, 01:11
for the kits. where is the adventures kit? I don't see it anywhere and its not under tools with the other packs
and kits...
im basing my own phb off the phb and not the basic rules...?
is that where the adv pack is?

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 10:12
for the kits. where is the adventures kit? I don't see it anywhere and its not under tools with the other packs
and kits...
im basing my own phb off the phb and not the basic rules...?
is that where the adv pack is?

Answered in the post you made in the other thread.

pauljmendoza
June 8th, 2016, 17:50
I have done alright with this Par5e thing so far, Backgrounds, classes, equipment, feats. But I can't seem to make this part - which is supposed to be the easiest, work. Could someone take a look at this NPC for me? and Do I click cmp & ref? or just ref?

Tressym
Tiny Beast, chaotic good, or chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 10(4d4)
Speed 15 ft., fly 50 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 4 (-3) 16 (+3) 10 (+0) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 7 (-2)
Damage Immunities Poison
Condition Immunities Poisoned
Skills Stealth +5, Perception +3.
Senses Darkvision 120 ft. passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Sylvan
Challenge 1/8 (25 xp)
Magic Resistant. Tressym save versus spells with advantage.
Keen Senses. Tressym can detect invisible creatures within 90’. Tressym can detect poison in objects within 5’ as an action.
ACTIONS
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4) slashing damage.
##;
Originating on Toril, Tressym are beautiful winged cats, visually similar to the varieties of small, domesticated or feral cats found on many worlds, and vary in the hues and fur-lengths of their coats as much as normal (wingless) cats do. Most resemble short-haired gray, tabby, or black cats, with two batlike wings at their well-muscled shoulders. Most Tressym breeds wings have feathers, though there are a few breeds that do not. The leathery membranous wings are divided into arc-segments by hollow bones, rather like the elongated fingers of a bat divide up its wings, but the thin leathery membrane is covered by downy feathers.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 18:02
Leave a space after the hit points 10 (4d4); you have missed saving throws; skills come before damage and condition immunities; the 25 xp should be 25 XP.

Hopefully that should do it.

astromath
June 8th, 2016, 18:20
I have done alright with this Par5e thing so far, Backgrounds, classes, equipment, feats. But I can't seem to make this part - which is supposed to be the easiest, work. Could someone take a look at this NPC for me? and Do I click cmp & ref? or just ref?

Tressym
Tiny Beast, chaotic good, or chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 10(4d4)
Speed 15 ft., fly 50 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 4 (-3) 16 (+3) 10 (+0) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 7 (-2)
Damage Immunities Poison
Condition Immunities Poisoned
Skills Stealth +5, Perception +3.
Senses Darkvision 120 ft. passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Sylvan
Challenge 1/8 (25 xp)
Magic Resistant. Tressym save versus spells with advantage.
Keen Senses. Tressym can detect invisible creatures within 90’. Tressym can detect poison in objects within 5’ as an action.
ACTIONS
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4) slashing damage.
##;
Originating on Toril, Tressym are beautiful winged cats, visually similar to the varieties of small, domesticated or feral cats found on many worlds, and vary in the hues and fur-lengths of their coats as much as normal (wingless) cats do. Most resemble short-haired gray, tabby, or black cats, with two batlike wings at their well-muscled shoulders. Most Tressym breeds wings have feathers, though there are a few breeds that do not. The leathery membranous wings are divided into arc-segments by hollow bones, rather like the elongated fingers of a bat divide up its wings, but the thin leathery membrane is covered by downy feathers.

One thing I immediately see. Hit points. It should be 10 (4d4), not 10(4d4). You need a space between the 0 of the 10 and the left parenthesis of the (4d4).
Next, you need a comma between darkvision and passive Perception.

The changes above should take care of the error.

Things that need changing: the Claw attack should be +5 to hit and 5 (1d4+3) slashing damage. You are forgetting that natural attacks are finesse weapons and can use either Str mod or Dex mod.

Suggestions: Instead of Keen Senses, add Truesight 90 ft. to the Senses line. This does the same thing as detecting invisible creatures.
Change Keen Senses to Detect Poison. The Tressym has advantage on its Perception rolls when searching for poisons. Phrasing it this way, it is automatically an action since doing an active Perception check is an action.
Your original Keen Senses would be better suited to Innate Spellcasting with the spells Detect Poison and Disease, and See Invisibility. However, my above suggestions negate the need to add Innate Spellcasting.

BTW, cats have a speed of 40 ft. and a climb of 30 ft. Since Tressym are winged cats, they should have these movement speeds as well.

EDIT: Ninja'd but Zac saw something else I didn't.

pauljmendoza
June 8th, 2016, 18:55
Zacchaeus - that did it, thank you so much. in Notepad++ I hadn't noticed the missing space, nor the other things. Time to add in some commoners, soldiery and folk of different levels!

pauljmendoza
June 8th, 2016, 19:14
Thank you as well Astromath!

Mixylplyx
June 11th, 2016, 13:52
I'm creating custom equipment in Par5e. Is there a way to link an image to a piece of equipment? I can't seem to get it to work.

Zacchaeus
June 11th, 2016, 14:44
You won't be able to link it from the equipment table if that's what you mean but you should be able to link from a reference page using '#zl;refimage;thenameofyourfile.jpg;optional caption. Just make sure that the image is in the 'images' folder within 'input' and that you have checked the images box in the configuration before you par5e.

magnusprime27
June 13th, 2016, 17:05
for the name of the diseases may change the #bs;, to <b></b>?

magnusprime27
June 13th, 2016, 17:05
did you get it to work?

magnusprime27
June 13th, 2016, 17:06
can anyone tell me what is wrong with this spell, every time it is par5ed it errors out and the #bs;Precipitation. every thin about is written out in the mod.

here is the spell:

Control Weather
8th-level transmutation
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Self (5-mile radius)
Components: V, S, M (burning incense and bits of earth and wood mixed in water)
Duration: Concentration, up to 8 hours
You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for the duration. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don’t have a clear path to the sky ends the spell early.
When you cast the spell, you change the current weather conditions, which are determined by the DM based on the climate and season. You can change precipitation, temperature, and wind. It takes 1d4 x 10 minutes for the new conditions to take effect. Once they do so, you can change the conditions again. When the spell ends, the weather gradually returns to normal.
When you change the weather conditions, find a current condition on the following tables and change its stage by one, up or down. When changing the wind, you can change its direction.

#bp;Precipitation
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Clear;
#tr;2;Light clouds;
#tr;3;Overcast or ground fog;
#tr;4;Rain, hail, or snow;
#tr;5;Torrential rain, driving hail, or blizzard;
#te;
#bp;Temperature
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Unbearable heat;
#tr;2;Hot;
#tr;3;Warm;
#tr;4;Cool;
#tr;5;Cold;
#tr;6;Arctic cold;
#te;
#bp;Wind
#ts;
#th;Stage;Condition;
#tr;1;Calm
#tr;2;Moderate wind
#tr;3;Strong wind
#tr;4;Gale
#tr;5;Storm
#te;

did you get it to work?

magnusprime27
June 13th, 2016, 17:07
I'm not trying to link to a specific class spell list, rather the entire list of all spell lists.

I was able to edit my XML and add the proper link, not sure how to properly tag it in the reference manual.txt to get what I want. I guess I can do it the way you outline above.

did you get it to work?

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2016, 17:44
did you get it to work?

The problem with the spell is the blank line before the table. In the spell.txt a blank line signals a new spell and clearly it isn't a new spell.

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2016, 17:49
did you get it to work?

I don't think you can link to the spell list itself since such a thing doesn't exist; it is created by FG I believe. You can link to a specific class list of spells using #zl;spellslist;Bard etc

wombat
June 16th, 2016, 15:47
(double post)

wombat
June 16th, 2016, 15:48
I am having trouble parsing my first 5e Class. The class option isn't showing up in fantasy grounds near where Backgrounds and lists appear.
If someone has the patience, I would appreciate the help.

Here is what I have:

##;Barbarian
#h;Barbarian
A tall human tribesman strides through a blizzard, draped in fur and hefting his axe. He laughs as he charges toward the frost giant who dared poach his people's elk herd. A half-orc snarls at the latest challenger to her authority over their savage tribe, ready to break his neck with her bare hands as she did to the last six rivals. Frothing at the mouth, a dwarf slams his helmet into the face of his drow foe, then turns to drive his armored elbow into the gut of another. These barbarians, different as they might be, are defined by their rage: unbridled, unquenchable, and unthinking fury. More than a mere emotion, their anger is the ferocity of a cornered predator, the unrelenting assault of a storm, the churning turmoil of the sea. For some, their rage springs from a communion with fierce animal spirits. Others draw from a roiling reservoir of anger at a world full of pain. For every barbarian, rage is a power that fuels not just a battle frenzy but also uncanny reflexes, resilience, and feats of strength.
#h;Primal Instinct
People of towns and cities take pride in how their civilized ways set them apart from animals, as if denying one's own nature was a mark of superiority. To a barbarian, though, civilization is no virtue, but a sign of weakness. The strong embrace their animal nature- keen instincts, primal physicality, and ferocious rage. Barbarians are uncomfortable when hedged in by walls and crowds. They thrive in the wilds of their homelands: the tundra, jungle, or grasslands where their tribes live and hunt. Barbarians come alive in the chaos of combat. They can enter a berserk state where rage takes over, giving them superhuman strength and resilience. A barbarian can draw on this reservoir of fury only a few times without resting, but those few rages are usually sufficient to defeat whatever threats arise.
#h;A Life of Danger
Not every member of the tribes deemed "barbarians" by scions of civilized society has the barbarian class. A true barbarian among these people is as uncommon as a skilled fighter in a town, and he or she plays a similar role as a protector of the people and a leader in times of war. Life in the wild places of the world is fraught with peril: rival tribes, deadly weather, and terrifying monsters. Barbarians charge headlong into that danger so that their people don't have to. Their courage in the face of danger makes barbarians perfectly suited for adventuring. Wandering is often a way of life for their native tribes, and the rootless life of the adventurer is little hardship for a barbarian. Some barbarians miss the close-knit family structures of the tribe, but eventually find them replaced by the bonds formed among the members of their adventuring parties.
#h;Creating a Barbarian
When creating a barbarian character, think about where your character comes from and his or her place in the world. Talk with your DM about an appropriate origin for your barbarian. Did you come from a distant land, making you a stranger in the area of the campaign? Or is the campaign set in a rough-and-tumble frontier where barbarians are common? What led you to take up the adventuring life? Were you lured to settled lands by the promise of riches? Did you join forces with soldiers of those lands to face a shared threat? Did monsters or an invading horde drive you out of your homeland, making you a rootless refugee? Perhaps you were a prisoner of war, brought in chains to "civilized" lands and only now able to win your freedom. Or you might have been cast out from your people because of a crime you committed, a taboo you violated, or a coup that removed you from a position of authority.
#bp;Quick Build
You can make a barbarian quickly by following these suggestions. First, put your highest ability score in Strength, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the outlander background.
#h;The Barbarian
#ts;
#th;Level;Proficiency Bonus;Features;Rages;Rage Damage;
#tr;1st;+2;Rage, Unarmored Defence;2;+2;
#tr;2nd;+2;Reckless Attack, Danger Sense;2;+2;
#tr;3rd;+2;Primal Path;3;+2;
#tr;4th;+2;Ability Score Improvement;3;+2;
#tr;5th;+3;Extra Attack, Fast Movement;3;+2;
#tr;6th;+3;Path feature;4;+2;
#tr;7th;+3;Feral Instinct;4;+2;
#tr;8th;+3;Ability Score Improvement;4;+2;
#tr;9th;+4;Brutal Critical (1 die);4;+3;
#tr;10th;+4;Path feature;4;+3;
#tr;11th;+4;Relentless Rage;4;+3;
#tr;12th;+4;Ability Score Improvement;5;+3;
#tr;13th;+5;Brutal Critical (2 dice);5;+3;
#tr;14th;+5;Path feature;5;+3;
#tr;15th;+5;Persistent Rage;5;+3;
#tr;16th;+5;Ability Score Improvement;5;+4;
#tr;17th;+6;Brutal Critical (3 dice);6;+4;
#tr;18th;+6;Indomitable Might;6;+4;
#tr;19th;+6;Ability Score Improvement;6;+4;
#tr;20th;+6;Primal Champion;Unlimited;+4;
#te;
#h;Class Features
As a barbarian, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 2d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
#ls;
#li;(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
#li;(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
#li;An explorer's pack and four javelins
#le;
#fe;Rage;1
In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor: You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws. When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table. You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action. Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
#fe;Unarmored Defence;1
While you are not wearing any armor, your armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
#fe;Reckless Attack;2
Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defence to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.
#fe;Danger Sense;2
At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, sue h as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.
#fe;Primal Path;3;6;10;14
At 3rd level you choose a path that shapes the nature of your rage. Choose the Path of the Berserker or the Path of the Totem Warrior, both detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th levels.
#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4;8;12;16;19
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
#fe;Extra Attack;5
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
#fe;Fast Movement;5
Starting at 5th level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren't wearing heavy armor.
#fe;Feral Instinct;7

Zacchaeus
June 16th, 2016, 15:57
Replace the semi-colons in the features levels with commas

e.g #fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19

EDIT: also you will also need at least #abh; and one #ab; for the file to par5e at all.

wombat
June 16th, 2016, 16:21
Replace the semi-colons in the features levels with commas

e.g #fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19

LEGEND.

That fixed it.

wombat
June 20th, 2016, 02:39
Might I just say, that this website: https://open5e.com/ and their related GitHub https://github.com/eepMoody/open5e made Parsing in my D&D 5e Books much easier.
(Not sure if this has been posted before, but wow did it help me).

ianmward
June 21st, 2016, 06:06
Might I just say, that this website: https://open5e.com/ and their related GitHub https://github.com/eepMoody/open5e made Parsing in my D&D 5e Books much easier. (Not sure if this has been posted before, but wow did it help me).

Interesting. How did it help?

wombat
June 21st, 2016, 23:46
Well, the classes, spells, magic items etc. Are all well formatted. One can easily extract the data from the site, paste it into a.txt file & add the required markup.

After that, as long as what was entered had been formatted correctly, Par5e (an awesome tool) does its magic. Out pops a nice little .mod file.

LordEntrails
June 22nd, 2016, 01:11
But that's just 5E SRD stuff right? That's all included with FG anyway so why par5e it again?

wombat
June 22nd, 2016, 01:51
I have the demo version of Fantasy Grounds. The SRD is not included in the demo (To my knowledge).
Also, if you were to want to create a full PHB, or DMG .mod, then there is a load of work pre-done.

As for why I'm using the demo, my D&D group are yet to use Fantasy Grounds. I'm in the process of convincing them of it's worth. We currently all play in person.

damned
June 22nd, 2016, 03:25
I have the demo version of Fantasy Grounds. The SRD is not included in the demo (To my knowledge).
Also, if you were to want to create a full PHB, or DMG .mod, then there is a load of work pre-done.

As for why I'm using the demo, my D&D group are yet to use Fantasy Grounds. I'm in the process of convincing them of it's worth. We currently all play in person.

Hi Wombat - search for Valeros 5e Basic parser and it will do it all for you in about.... 3mins :)
Even for the demo version!

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2016, 09:24

Here's the link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21835-D-amp-D-Basic-Rules-PDF-Parser) to the par5er damned is talking about. It only does the basic rules not the SRD but the really good thing about it is that it produces all of the .txt files which allows you to then just add stuff in - so it gives you a great start.

magnusprime27
June 23rd, 2016, 08:46
ever get it to work??
I want to have all the info in the ref manual n just link it to the npc other tab....
I think that's what were akk trying to do, any progress?

and by the by, now theres statblocks for all the demon lord from out oof the abyss.....which im sure you know about already....so adding anoher link from the demon lords t to their own statblocks nowww? to many zlinks

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2016, 09:00
ever get it to work??
I want to have all the info in the ref manual n just link it to the npc other tab....
I think that's what were akk trying to do, any progress?

and by the by, now theres statblocks for all the demon lord from out oof the abyss.....which im sure you know about already....so adding anoher link from the demon lords t to their own statblocks nowww? to many zlinks

Once you have sobered up perhaps you could repeat the question if there is actually a question.

magnusprime27
June 23rd, 2016, 09:21
I am sober...
so my ref manual for my 5e mm...structured a..
#@;5E MM
#!;npc
##;Aarakocra
in the npcs.txt file entry for the Aarakocra under##;..
I have
#zl;referencenpc;Aarakocra.

in fg underthe other tab it does show the shield Aarakocra , but when I click on it I get a runtime error.
id like to be able tolink all the info to the stat block from the ref manual..

I wanted to know if this ever got figured out?
I was reading the blog where xorn n zeus were talkin about it, and it wasn't working then..

didn't know it it ever got fixed?

magnusprime27
June 23rd, 2016, 09:23
Once you have sobered up perhaps you could repeat the question if there is actually a question.
I am sober...lol
so my ref manual for my 5e mm...structured a..
#@;5E MM
#!;npc
##;Aarakocra
in the npcs.txt file entry for the Aarakocra under##;..
I have
#zl;referencenpc;Aarakocra.

in fg underthe other tab it does show the shield Aarakocra , but when I click on it I get a runtime error.
id like to be able tolink all the info to the stat block from the ref manual..

I wanted to know if this ever got figured out?
I was reading the blog where xorn n zeus were talkin about it, and it wasn't working then..

didn't know it it ever got fixed?

sorry for double post, my comp is bein wonky

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2016, 13:37
I think #zl;npc;Aarakocra will do it if it's in the same module; If that doesn't work then try #zl;refnpc;Aarakocra.

magnusprime27
June 23rd, 2016, 16:46
So let's say I created the elemental evil player guide and was linking from the mm,
That's when I would use #zal correct,
But both have to be open for it to work right?

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2016, 17:51
Yes. #zal; is used to link to an eternal source (i.e. not the module you are creating). I don't know how much of this kind of linking will work in the public version of par5e so you perhaps shouldn't get too carried away.

astromath
June 23rd, 2016, 18:54
I've never got #zal; to work in the public version.

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2016, 22:07
I've never got #zal; to work in the public version.

It's patchy. For example it will work for class, spell, background and race (#zal;class;barbarian, #zal;race;human, #zal;spell;Fireball #zal;background;Acolyte). It should also work for tables and maybe a couple of other things. However it won't work for npcs or pretty much anything else.

magnusprime27
June 24th, 2016, 01:47
I think #zl;npc;Aarakocra will do it if it's in the same module; If that doesn't work then try #zl;refnpc;Aarakocra.

the #zl;npc;Aarakocra did work but the wrong way...
instead of linking to the Aarakocra entry in my referencemanual.txt (which is just all the info, none of the ststs),
it linked the npc stat block that's in my npcs.txt file....
should I maybe lower case the npc entry in the refmanual.txt so it can differentiate the two?

spite
June 24th, 2016, 02:01
Back to it again, I am trying to make a module with just pictures, but it keeps ending and saying "ready" at any point. I tried adding in a referencemanual.txt to see if it would go past it, and stole the reference from my old modules (so I can be sure they work) and now it just says ready after that. What could be causing that? Picture of output to show.
http://puu.sh/pDM5O/0e50ff2c10.png

spite
June 24th, 2016, 02:55
nevermind sussed it.

Varsuuk
June 24th, 2016, 04:09
Magnus, the #zal; in public PAR5E resolves to a "[email protected]*" link. If the prior part like "[email protected]*" (not a valid link format, just giving the idea) - it will match ANY open module where the first part matches. The order in which it checks was not expressed and I have never tested this to find out for argument's sake.

You can solve the problem by after PARSE generates the link, you go to the xml and replace the @* with the right name like @MYMMMODULE

In order to get the right format, start a new campaign (to not have to sift through extra stuff) create a new story entry and drag the NPC into the page, creating a new NPC link. That link will list the proper format you need.

Zacchaeus
June 24th, 2016, 09:10
the #zl;npc;Aarakocra did work but the wrong way...
instead of linking to the Aarakocra entry in my referencemanual.txt (which is just all the info, none of the ststs),
it linked the npc stat block that's in my npcs.txt file....
should I maybe lower case the npc entry in the refmanual.txt so it can differentiate the two?

You can't link to a reference manual page in the public version of parse no matter what the link looks like. I finally understand what you are trying to do, sorry. I thought you were trying to link to the npc stat block from a reference manual.

_JackDoor_
June 25th, 2016, 13:38
Not sure if I need to post here but thought id ask a question.

Ive currently got this for an NPC im moving over from a PDF:
[{Greater Raptor}\n
{Medium} {beast}, {unaligned}\n
Armor Class 12\n
Hit Points 9 (2d8);
Speed {10 ft., fly 60 ft.}\n
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 8 (-1) 15 (+2) 11 (+0) 4 (-3) 14 (+2) 8 (-1)
Skills {Perception +4}\n
Senses {passive Perception 14}\n
Languages [{-}]\n
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)\n
[{Keen Sight}. {The raptor has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.}\n ]
ACTIONS\n
[{Multiattack}. {The raptor makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.}\n ]
[{Beak}. {Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.}\n ]
[{Talons}. {Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage.}\n ] !
##;
[{A greater raptor is a mature adult of a larger species of Hawk or Eagle. These majestic birds of prey can weigh over 15 pounds, stand 3 feet high on the ground, and have a wingspan longer than the hieght of a man.}\n]\n]

Have I done all this as per the guide correct? Looked at what the brackets denote, but my 'technical' language lacks a little :/ .

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2016, 13:53
Lose all the brackets. That's just the nomenclature used in the instruction manual to indicate what goes where.

So:
Greater Raptor
Medium Beast, unaligned
Armor Class 15
etc

_JackDoor_
June 25th, 2016, 13:59
Ah I see, thanks :)

_JackDoor_
June 25th, 2016, 17:28
So Ive actually got a problem now where I cant seem to get the monster right when parsing and I've typed it out three times and they've been to the correct formatting. Is there some sort of 'quirk' im missing?
Below is the text:

Greater Giant Lizard
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 45 (6d10 + 12);
Speed 30ft., swim 30ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 18 (+4) 12 (+1) 14 (+2) 2 (-4) 10 (+0) 5 (-2)
Senses blindsight 10 ft., darkvision 30 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages -
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Keen Sense. The lizard has advantage on Wisdom (Perception, Survival) checks to detect or track a creature that doesn’t have all its hit points.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or contract a disease. Until the disease is cured, the target has the poisoned condition and can’t regain hit points except by magical means. The target’s hit point maximum decreases by 7 (2d6) every 24 hours. If the target’s hit point maximum drops to 0 as a result of this disease, the target dies.
##;
Greater giant lizards are over 10 feet long and weigh around 400 pounds. Normally solitary hunters, their preferred tactic is to use their infectious maw to wounds prey and then stalk it as it weakens over time. By tasting the air with their sensitive tongue, greater giant lizards can locate even concealed prey.
Though they look slow and lumbering, they are capable of surprising quickness when necessary and can swim significant distances. These overlarge monitor lizards have been mistaken for a kind of "dragon" by isolated, primitive islanders.

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2016, 17:48
Leave a space between the number and the ft. in the Speed; so Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft. Otherwise looks ok.

_JackDoor_
June 25th, 2016, 18:12
My word I am blind; thank you again.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 12:22
I there a known problem parsing tokens? I couldn't find anything by searching the forums. My problem is par5e adds tokens from my imput folder fine except the last one. Always the last one gives me a warning. The names always match, are lower case, and single word .png files. Can't figure it out.

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2016, 12:36
Try deleting the output folder.

Does the file par5e and produce a module or does it just end the par5e without producing one?

zeracool2k
June 30th, 2016, 18:04
I believe there was a problem if the token names had special symbols (á ä), spaces, or if there was a "list" in any of the names (as in goblin herbalist).

rob2e
July 1st, 2016, 08:54
Never figured out exactly what the problem was. I even duplicated an entry and renamed it. It parsed correctly the duplicated entry but not the original. Weird. I took the offending NPC out. Worked fine. Changed the copy back to the original (Hyena) and it DIDN'T WORK AGAIN! I couldn't believe the name Hyena was the problem, but I'd been par5e tutorializing myself for like six hours, so maybe i just couldn't see stright.

Zacchaeus
July 1st, 2016, 09:09
I just checked and Hyena par5es fine along with a token by the same name. I suspect that it isn't the name but some other problem which you have yet to trace I'm afraid.

rob2e
July 1st, 2016, 09:15
ThanX for the verification. Just finishing up Xorn's tutorials. My personal project is going to be to parse Dead in Thay since that won't be for sale. If I get through that I should be some sort of Jedi. ThanX again Zacchaeus.

astromath
July 1st, 2016, 12:19
Suggestion: Take one of the NPCs that did par5e correctly and simply rename it to hyena without changing anything else. Then par5e. If it doesn't par5e then, now you know it is the word hyena. Once that is done, start replacing each line one by one and par5ing after each line replaced. Evenutally, you should find the error.

I once came across a situation where there was a hard space instead of a soft space. It didn't like the hard space, but I couldn't see the difference. I had to end up doing what I suggested to find my problem.

Kilmare
July 1st, 2016, 14:06
This is how I have tracked down every error that Par5e throws at me. Methodically step by step until you find the source of your error.

El Condoro
July 3rd, 2016, 15:20
I have Hyena and Hyena, Giant that have parsed correctly - it's not the name. :)

_JackDoor_
July 4th, 2016, 18:19
Sorry to hijack the thread, but im currently having troubles making a module for some magic items. I have all the text in the correct rows, but once I run the program it only formats half the list and then stops. They then do not show up in the module listing within the magic items link.

I have attached the text doc.

astromath
July 4th, 2016, 19:37
As far as I know, par5e does not recognize <p> and </p>. Remove them and retry.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2016, 20:23
Indeed, remove the paragraph formatting. I'd also be a bit cautious of any names with apostrophes, dashes and other non alpha characters in them

_JackDoor_
July 4th, 2016, 21:04
Okay, thank you all :)

_JackDoor_
July 5th, 2016, 12:56
Okay so annoyingly I'm really struggling getting used to this program, however I got my previous problem sorted. However now I cant even parse a new .txt to a folder, no matter where the txt file is located within its main directory.
How do I set up the path correctly, as I've looked through the file and there are no apostrophes, commas are all correct etc etc; it just wont get past the 'initial' stages of the parse process.
Ive also noticed if there is a problem, it wont bring up an xml viewer for me to find the offending syntax issue.

Not normally this bad with technical things *sadface*

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2016, 16:37
You set up the path in the configuration menu. Remember the path is only to the main folder. So if you have par5e installed in your root directory and you have set up a folder within that for whatever you want to par5e the Module Path should be pointing to c;\Par5e-widows\your folder.

It's unlikely to be a pathing problem though since that would give you an incorrect path error. The error will be in the .txt file that you are trying to par5e. Can you give us more details on what you are trying to par5e?

_JackDoor_
July 5th, 2016, 16:44
It's unlikely to be a pathing problem though since that would give you an incorrect path error. The error will be in the .txt file that you are trying to par5e. Can you give us more details on what you are trying to par5e?

Okay so I am creating the path correct, that's all double checked. And I'm just typing out a PDF of magic items, which I have compared to the other typed list of magic items.

The problem with the previous is that it only parsed half and stalled, so I saw which item it failed on; for this it wont even show me a list and the loading bar only reaches half way.

zeracool2k
July 5th, 2016, 16:47
It takes some time to get used to par5e, but you'll get the hang of it, and then it'll be easier. I don't understand exactly what you are asking, so I'll describe the general process:

First, the app must point to the correct folders:

Module Path (YOUR folder, e.g. "C:\Users\USER\Par5e\5e Stuff")
FG Modules Path (FANTASY GROUNDS folder, e.g. "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules")

Then, you have to manually create the text files with the exact name shown in the app (i.e., class.txt, backgrounds.txt, etc.) in a folder called input inside module folder ("C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\input")
Then, click any file you want to par5e, and that's that. It will either pass, or fail.
Remember that the backgrounds.txt and some others require you to enable tables.txt to work!

Assuming the par5ing failed, you have to debug your files one by one, piece by piece.

First, delete the output folder.
Then, deselect all the .txt options you have enabled, leaving only one, and par5e it.
If the par5e passes, that's (probably) not the offending file, so enable another one and repeat the process until you get a failure.
Once you get a failure, you'll know the last option you enabled is faulty, so open the file and begin editing, testing chunks of it to see if it par5es.
Repeat until everything par5es.

For example purposes, we'll assume the class.txt file failed par5ing.

Make a temporary copy of the offending file, delete all content from the class.txt file, and do the following:
Copy ONLY the first class, and par5e it. If it passes, add another class, par5e it, and so on.
When it fails, you'll know the class from our example (or any other component from any other files) is badly written, and must be revised. Knowing exactly what is failing, you can get an answer faster!
Repeat until everything par5es.

As a final note, remember that "free" Par5e is no longer maintained, so there will be no new features or bug corrections. We have to work with what we have, but generally the community will manage to help you, or to tell you something can't be done.

_JackDoor_
July 5th, 2016, 16:58
Right okay, Ill do the debug list one by one as its only one .txt file that is 'breaking'.

By free, are you saying there is a paid version available? Or due to the partnership now Smiteworks have forged, it is now for a lack of a better term, prohibited?

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2016, 17:42
There is no paid version. Par5e ceased to be in the public domain when Smiteworks got the license to produce WotC stuff. It continues to be developed and used to par5e the official WotC modules. However the public version is no longer supported. There are a few issues with it but generally they are well known; there'e nothing I can think of that might be affecting your situation. Are you par5ing the same file that you posted earlier?

Just to emphasize what zeracool is saying above you need to par5e in little chunks. If I were par5ing that magic item list I would par5e after every one that I put in there. That way I know which one is making things go wonky when it stops par5ing. Looking at that file you posted some of the entries had the <p></p> and some didn't; it is likely therefore that the ones which didn't par5ed ok which is why it only par5ed half the file.

wombat
July 6th, 2016, 06:02
Love this community.

Is there a way to code in to the 5e PHB:
- Heavy Armor master: The DR5 ability doesn't seem to be applied automatically
- Fighting Style: drag and drop options for each fighting style would be great

Zacchaeus
July 6th, 2016, 09:17
Love this community.

Is there a way to code in to the 5e PHB:
- Heavy Armor master: The DR5 ability doesn't seem to be applied automatically
- Fighting Style: drag and drop options for each fighting style would be great

You are correct the Heavy Armor Master ability isn't applied automatically. But you can set up an effect to deal with it as follows RESIST: 3 slashing,bludgeoning,piercing,!magic
I'm not sure it's possible to drag/drop the fighting styles that easily becasue they are dependent on so many factors. Remember the character sheets aren't character creators so very little checking is done. Take Archery as an example. If the character hasn't equipped a ranged weapon before this was picked then FG would have nothing to add the +2 to. Every time a weapon was selected by the PC then some code would need to be in place to check to see if the ability was selected. It's just easier for the PC to add an effect of ATK: 2, ranged and that will handle all the possibilities.

Incidentally, since you posted in the par5e forum and I have misunderstood your question, such things cannot be dealt with in par5e.

Varsuuk
July 7th, 2016, 07:47
Just got up to starting on the encounters parsing handler. As usual, I start by Parsing the sample input from the PARSE docs.
CR and
I ran into one thing that didn't seem to match the manual. I did it with the first encounter (Goblin blind?) as-is and it lists the CR and XP values from the input file.
If I understood the docs, you can leave out this line (CR/XP) and PARSE will calculate the values itself (or so I think I understood) - when I did this, PARSE output a CR of 1/8 and XP of 0 when left the CR/XP values out of the encounters.txt file.

Is this correct? I also loaded the output into FG to view what it did with XP in case that was modified when viewed in the dialog. Nope, just like the input xml.

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2016, 08:46
To be honest I have no idea since I've never par5ed an encounter and I doubt many people have. Having said that the CR and XP are in red in the docs so that indicates that they are necessary input, and that seems to be borne out by your test which shows incorrect output.

The buttons on encounters in FG that calculate CR and XP were added long after par5e ceased to be in the public domain.

Varsuuk
July 7th, 2016, 14:26
Yeah, I have no problem with that - I just wanted to make sure my parser covers everything existing one does as the starting point.

from the PARSE DD5E manual:
(The CR and XR input characters are indeed in red (which in manuals is inconsistently used) but it is also enclosed by << and >> whichever means "optional sequence")

✦ Empty lines are ignored
✦ Encounter content is listed sequentially
✦ New categories start with tag #@;
✦ New encounters start with tag ##;
✦ 1st Line of Encounter is the Name of the Encounter
✦ 2nd Line of Encounter is the CR and XP value of Encounter - note this line can be omitted. If omitted, PAR5E will auto calculate CR and XP for the encounter
✦ 3rd + Lines list the NPCs for the encounter

So it is just a bug then. if so, once I am done and hitting my ever growing list of enhancements to be prioritized after initial build :)

Varsuuk
July 8th, 2016, 02:44
When PARSEing images, what is the reason for the Campaign/Reference options. I see they fill in different places in the XML and appear in different sections of the UI (Images/Maps and in Library lists)?

I'm trying to understand why it goes in one place or the other and why may choose to only have in one place and... It's a general FG question I guess but figured post it here because came up with it as part of my parse investigations.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2016, 09:13
Because Campaign and Reference are two different things. Reference is read only and so any images in a reference won't be available whereas Campaign is not locked and is editable.

Varsuuk
July 8th, 2016, 15:50
There you go! I missed that completely obvious point! Hah, at times I wondered why some parts are editable and some not in things I owned. Colo[u]r me embarrassed :)

Cool, I get it now. Also helps me understand how to break up things more at times when I make modules.

Duh moment...

_JackDoor_
July 10th, 2016, 22:28
Back again with another question.

Im looking to expand on character options such as different Oaths for paladins, more domains, different bard colleges etc. from a homebrew source. Where would this fall within the Parse guide?
It will effectively be bank of Oaths for example with a series of links within. So with the Tech-Knight Oath (http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2015/11/tech-knight.html), I'd want to make it like this (http://imgur.com/4QFr6Lf).

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 22:37
It's in the class section of the par5e guide. You'll need to par5e the entire class and add in your new archetypes at the end. You can't unfortunately just add archetypes.

magnusprime27
July 10th, 2016, 23:11
Honestly,for me,
I'd do a separate handbook, called homebrew
Copy your class file and add all your subclass stuff like oaths paths etc there,
At least that's how id try to do ir

magnusprime27
July 10th, 2016, 23:16
Is there a way to link maps?
S o when the PC steps on a sq that's a trap, (dotted line sq with a t), they don't it,
But have my own map that does show it
So I guess it would show them movin on both maps bit only show where the trap is on mine?

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 23:28
No you can't do that. You can however place a hidden token on the map showing the trap's location.

damned
July 10th, 2016, 23:46
I no longer make GM versions of maps. I would put a pin on the map linked to the trap...

_JackDoor_
July 11th, 2016, 11:11
So could I effectively just ignore most of the entries in the class.txt file but just add in the class features?

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2016, 11:57
Take a look at the par5e documentation. Anything in red is a necessary entry. In addition you need at least one archetype otherwise the class won't par5e at all. So, no, you can't ignore most of the entries. You can ignore the flavour text but not any of the essential things which make up the class.

zeracool2k
July 11th, 2016, 15:33
_JackDoor_, you can add any new paladin class option below the existing ones:

#ab;Oath of the Three Laws
The Oath of the Three Laws is...
#abf;Oath Spells;3,5,9,13,17
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed...
#abf;Construct;3
Tech Knights are not born...
...etc..

The #ab; creates the option, and the #abf; creates the features. Just remember that ALL features (#abf;) must have a level (or list of levels) at the end, or it will not par5e. Additionally, if the class has no preexisting options, remember to put an #abh;Path Options or Something before adding new options.

_JackDoor_
July 11th, 2016, 21:52
_JackDoor_, you can add any new paladin class option below the existing ones:

#ab;Oath of the Three Laws
The Oath of the Three Laws is...
#abf;Oath Spells;3,5,9,13,17
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed...
#abf;Construct;3
Tech Knights are not born...
...etc..

The #ab; creates the option, and the #abf; creates the features. Just remember that ALL features (#abf;) must have a level (or list of levels) at the end, or it will not par5e. Additionally, if the class has no preexisting options, remember to put an #abh;Path Options or Something before adding new options.

I was just about to ask this very question, as I've been fumbling around trying to make this kind of listing work. Thank you all once again.

_JackDoor_
July 11th, 2016, 22:09
Right so annoyingly this still doesnt work. I've attached the .txt file as in FG it says I have a Features heading but within the document I do not have one listed. Could you (or anyone else) have a little skim over.

It only parses up to the end of where the description of the oaths finish.

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2016, 22:48
It is sticking becasue you aren't filling in all the fields that are required. For example par5e does not recognise XX as a Saving throw, you need to put something logical in there like Wisdom, Intelligence. Also you'll need to put in some skills (choose two from History, Insight, Athletics) and also at least some recognizable text for equipment (you start with the following equipment and at least something in the list that should follow) as per the par5e guide and you need at least something in for at least one feature. #fe; name will do and some sentence after it.

Additionally the #abh; bit comes first and needs some words. Then you have the #ab; and then the features #abf;

So the order is
#abh Path Options
words
#ab;Oath of Three Laws (you also had a ;3 at the end of this which shouldn't be there)
#abf;Construct;3
etc

Edit: there's no real shortcut to this. You are trying a shortcut and thinking the problem is in a certain place but it isn't - which is causing your exasperation.

zeracool2k
July 12th, 2016, 04:09
_JackDoor_, you have to create your placeholder class before adding the class options, i.e. you have to fill in ALL of the base class information.

As Zacchaeus pointed out, you must strictly follow the manual's syntax, since Par5e is very finnicky. Plus, you need to check the syntax is OK... for example, you didn't "end" your table and your list (you are missing a #te; and a #te; at the end of each).

Follow the manual guidelines! It can be annoying, but pays off in the end.

_JackDoor_
July 12th, 2016, 10:57
_JackDoor_, you have to create your placeholder class before adding the class options, i.e. you have to fill in ALL of the base class information.

As Zacchaeus pointed out, you must strictly follow the manual's syntax, since Par5e is very finnicky. Plus, you need to check the syntax is OK... for example, you didn't "end" your table and your list (you are missing a #te; and a #te; at the end of each).

Follow the manual guidelines! It can be annoying, but pays off in the end.

Yes I noticed the #te parts once I sent the message, I also thought place holder X's would of worked but I guess not haha.
Thank you all, guess its good practice in spotting small details ^_^

rob2e
July 17th, 2016, 06:14
Trying to change a link to pull ALL spells instead of just Warlock spells.

Changing "warlock" to "all" here doesn't work. -- [email protected]*

Help?

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2016, 22:27
I don't think you can link to all the spells. They are listed under the classes that use them So the best you can get is a single class's spell list.

rob2e
July 18th, 2016, 02:30
I don't think you can link to all the spells. They are listed under the classes that use them So the best you can get is a single class's spell list.

Dammit! LOL I guess I'll have to put 7 links then (or however many classes cast - you'd think I'd know how many). ThanX Zacchaeus.

daboking
July 19th, 2016, 16:07
MODERATOR: Moved from the 5e bug tracking thread to the Par5e thread where this belongs.

I am deleting my text from this post i sent previously as I resolved it, but I am having another issue that I need assistance. I am working on bringing in gamma world 2nd and working on parsing an equipment list. I am getting a warning on my 1st item, and not sure why. Here is the text from my equipment.txt file
#@;WEAPON
#th;TYPE; WC; CODE;RANGE;DAMAGE;COST;KILO;VALUE;
Battle Axe;2;~II;*;1d8;7;3;100;

I am getting a red warning on parse and not sure why as it looks I am following same format from tutorial video I watched and from documentation in parse folder. I am stumped, and I am sure I am doing something wrong. Thanks

maugrim8866
July 21st, 2016, 02:57
I am trying to Parse the Pugilist class from the DMsGuild.
It parses "complete" without errors using Par5e v0.0.9-b62
Updated Java 8 101
But I am getting a weird issue of a blank class feature windows. See example.

I am hoping someone smarter than I, with a fresh set of eyes can point out the issue.

Thank you so much

spite
July 21st, 2016, 03:15
I am trying to Parse the Pugilist class from the DMsGuild.
It parses "complete" without errors using Par5e v0.0.9-b62
Updated Java 8 101
But I am getting a weird issue of a blank class feature windows. See example.

I am hoping someone smarter than I, with a fresh set of eyes can point out the issue.

Thank you so much

This issue I asked about earlier, and the problem is classes with the "list" in them. It just doesn't work.
I got around this issue by renaming my pugilist "brawler" and it worked perfectly.
It's poopy, but one of the few quirks that never got seen to in the public release of Par5e

maugrim8866
July 21st, 2016, 03:25
This issue I asked about earlier, and the problem is classes with the "list" in them. It just doesn't work.
I got around this issue by renaming my pugilist "brawler" and it worked perfectly.
It's poopy, but one of the few quirks that never got seen to in the public release of Par5e

Dude, Thank you spite!
That was driving me nuts.

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2016, 04:38
Note that you can substitute something like pugilost and Par5e it, then you go into the resulting xml file and do a find and replace back to pugilist.

spite
July 21st, 2016, 06:41
Note that you can substitute something like pugilost and Par5e it, then you go into the resulting xml file and do a find and replace back to pugilist.

That's pretty clever, but for me would be a lot of work for a file I regularly update with other stuff.
Thanks though, if I ever "finish" I'll definitely do that

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 07:06
So having done encounters and images (along with some nice helper routines to make multimodule lookups easier) I got up to tokens.

I assumed a no brainer like images (although, I added a parse images.txt file for my own reasons including allowing internal and external naming) but I could not get it to parse in PAR5E...

It's late, I'm sure I'll see I was an idiot in the morning. But in case it is something I still don't see:

1. Took a small avatar jpeg pic and loaded it up and exported to "ripper.png"
2. placed ripper.png in a "tokens" subdirectory (sibling of "images", i.e. input/tokens)
3. created ahead of time an output/tokens directory. (When this didn't work also tried it with no precreated output/tokens dir)
4. Started PAR5E, selected both tokens checkboxes. Selected each singly... selected combos of that with npc and/or encounter etc selected.

Always stops at:
Info : engine build .................................................. ...... [v0.0.9-b62]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. ........... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ............... [DevTest]
Info : ruleset .................................................. ................... [5E]
Info : folder structure ................................................ [Already Exists]
Parse : token .................................................. ......... [ripper.png - OK]
Parse : tokens .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Make : tokens (reference) .................................................. . [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. .... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ....... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries ........................................... [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. .... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. [Well Formed]
Write : module xml definition ................................................ [Completed]
Write : copying module images ................................................ [Completed]
Write : copying module tokens ......................................... [Failed - WARNING]

Thoughts why the COPY portion of this fails? (remember, similar images copying has no problems.)

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 07:20
#2639 : SOLVED

(Because I am a stubborn git...)

Yeah, so cleaning up I deleted the output/token directory at some point. Apparantly, looking into the generated (thustfar pre error) xml, I see the tokens are expected to be in tokens/DevTest/... (DevTest is module name...)

Gah - OK, I now can continue and implement that in the AM.

Nighters.

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 14:07
OK - one more thing...

I was considering changing token processing to make it part of Encounter processing because all I saw happen when I told PAR5E to "parse" tokens was that if it was able to match names, it added the <token ...> entry to the <battle> entry for the encounter.

If this was it, I thought I could make some changes which would render some post-PAR5E steps unnecessary and be helpful.

Then I noticed that Token parsing hard checkboxes for both CMP and REF. CMP => <token> in <battle>, but I could see no effect when checking REF option.

Is REF for Tokens meant to do anything?
Am I misconfiguring it or is it something that is only present in non-public PAR5E?

AkivaDaphydd
July 22nd, 2016, 22:24
The formatting (or ordering of entries, if you prefer) for the Warlock class is giving me a headache. How do I list features granted by a patron within the Patron ABH instead of it "falling" out to the full class features list?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and didn't remember the #abf tag...

El Condoro
July 25th, 2016, 14:50
When creating encounters, PAR5E uses the NPCs only from npcs.txt (AFAIK) but is it possible to link to DD MM Monster Manual NPCs? It would seem to make more sense to link to an existing NPC stat block and token than need to recreate it in npcs.txt with another token.

_JackDoor_
July 27th, 2016, 22:38
Hello again, I've tried the parse'ing of a class and it worked in the program however the module does not show. Could someone be amazing and look over the txt file?

damned
July 28th, 2016, 05:15
What is the last line in the Par5e output window?

El Condoro
July 28th, 2016, 08:47
I haven't gone through it exhaustively, but a lot of your #ab (ability) entries should be #fe (feature). e.g. #fe;Extra Attack;5

_JackDoor_
July 28th, 2016, 13:30
@Damned:
The final entry on the output window was very short (about 5 lines), and it said the paladin class worked okay; however as said it wasn't made into a 'selectable' module.

@El Condoro:
I will change all of those, got my wire crossed from previous comments about what Im trying to do. Possibly this will work.

damned
July 28th, 2016, 14:15
if par5e doesnt finish with:

Cook : module archive .................................................. ..................... [Completed]
Build : module .................................................. ............................. [Completed]

Then it didnt work....

_JackDoor_
July 28th, 2016, 14:18
if par5e doesnt finish with:

Cook : module archive .................................................. ..................... [Completed]
Build : module .................................................. ............................. [Completed]

Then it didnt work....

Noted, once im back home ill have a fiddle. Thank you.

_JackDoor_
July 28th, 2016, 18:17
Good News! It's finally worked; thank you all for the help in this.

Zacchaeus
July 29th, 2016, 17:39
When creating encounters, PAR5E uses the NPCs only from npcs.txt (AFAIK) but is it possible to link to DD MM Monster Manual NPCs? It would seem to make more sense to link to an existing NPC stat block and token than need to recreate it in npcs.txt with another token.

I don't know is the answer to this one. I've never par5ed encounters. I do all of those in FG.

Rapkannibale
July 30th, 2016, 20:33
Hi, just getting started with this awesome tool. I parsed the Haunted One background and most of it went well. However, the background lets you choose to become proficient in one of 4 skills. When I add the background to a character it messed up this part, adding a skill that says "Choose one....". Is it possible to format the text so that it open up a dialogue to choose the skill, similar to what it does when adding a class that lets you choose to become proficient in a few of several skills? thanks!

Zacchaeus
July 30th, 2016, 22:24
Welcome Rapkannible to tFG and to the community.

The answer to your question is that I'm not terribly sure actually. To accommodate The Sword Coast Adventure Guide the parser which looks for the skill choices was changed. It will accept something like this
'Z, plus one of your choice from among A, B, and C' or 'Choose two from among A, B, C and D'.

So I would try 'Choose one from among A, B, C and D'

Rapkannibale
July 31st, 2016, 00:31
Welcome Rapkannible to tFG and to the community.

The answer to your question is that I'm not terribly sure actually. To accommodate The Sword Coast Adventure Guide the parser which looks for the skill choices was changed. It will accept something like this
'Z, plus one of your choice from among A, B, and C' or 'Choose two from among A, B, C and D'.

So I would try 'Choose one from among A, B, C and D'

Thanks for the warm welcome and the reply! Will try this tomorrow and see if it works. Cheers!

GruNoof
July 31st, 2016, 19:03
Hi all,

I'm trying to par5e some homebrew classes and all is working great *except* I cannot get a popup to choose specialization when I get to the appropriate level. I have been over the guide numerous times but no luck. I have a class feature (#fe;Field of Study;3) at that level, and that is added to the features list, but it doesn't give me the opportunity to pick an ability (specialization/archetype/domain/etc.). If I manually drag the specialization into the class features once the mod is in FG, it adds the correct ability features at the appropriate levels. Same problem on both classes I've done so far. Can somebody point me in the right direction? As an example, here is an excerpt from the Alchemist class from Middle Finger of Vecna's site: (for testing and brevity, I've stripped it down to just one level at which point a Field of Study is chosen. The rest of the class header stuff is correct)

#fe;Field of Study;3
While all alchemists share a common knowledge base, most alchemists specialize into a particular field of study. When you reach 3rd level, you select your field of study. Your field choice grants you features at 3rd level and then again at 7th, 10th, and 17th level.
#abh;Field of Study
Choose a field of study from Apothecary and Mad Bomber
#ab;Apothecary
#abf;Cool Apothecary Stuff;3
The Apothecary can do some cool stuff.
#ab;Mad Bomber
#abf;Cool Mad Bomber Stuff;3
The Mad Bomber can do some cool stuff.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2016, 21:20
Unfortunately you won't get the pop up for archetypes from the public version of par5e.

GruNoof
July 31st, 2016, 21:41
Bummer! Thanks for the info, though. I can stop banging my head on that wall now ;-)

Doomskull
July 31st, 2016, 23:12
I just started adding homebrew material to FG via par5e and love it. I've been following the 5e manual and Xorn's tuts on youtube, however I hit a snag when parsing my spells.txt file. All the spells parse correctly but I keep getting a malformed xml syntax error. Now so far I've only added some backgrounds and two classes. They parse fine by themselves. Can someone look at this for me? I can't find the error.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2016, 23:28
You have a ##; before wizard spells. You also have at least one heading with no spells listed in it.

Doomskull
August 1st, 2016, 01:39
Crap. I knew it was something dumb I wasn't seeing! That a bunch bud!

*Edit; Well, wasn't just that. Fixed those and found a few more errors but still getting the same parsing error...I'll keep looking.

*Second Edit- Found all the errors and now it works great!

_JackDoor_
August 1st, 2016, 23:34
Hey everyone, still working on the paladin module and have hit another hurdle. I cant seem to add another Feature heading. I have the class features, the sacred oaths but im trying to add a third. However, it seems to override the Sacred Oath heading with the new heading. Also none of the items below the new heading and subsection will become there own list of links.

Any tips?

zeracool2k
August 2nd, 2016, 05:02
_JackDoor_, do you mean you want to add another #abh; to the paladin class, in addition to Sacred Oaths?

If I'm not wrong, that shouldn't be possible. The public Par5e manual states the #abh; as a static header for "name of class abilities" (i.e. a unique instance), the only repeatable elements being the #ab; headers, which represent "abilities". At some point the "abilities" became path options (oaths, ways, schools, etc.), but the Par5e structure remained the same (Zacchaeus, please correct me if I'm wrong).

One workaround could be adding the path option name as part of the ability name. Say, I want to add a couple of dancing styles in addition to sacred oaths:

#abh;Paladin Class Options **(instead of Sacred Oaths)**
Flavor...
#ab;Sacred Oath, Oath of Devotion
[...]
#ab;Sacred Oath, Oath of the Ancients
[...]
#ab;Dancing Style, Dirty Dancing
[...]
#ab;Dancing Style, Hammer Time
[...]

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2016, 09:11
No, it should be possible to add more archetypes. You are one step ahead zera; the structure is

#abh;Paladin class options
blah
#ab;Oath of devotion
#abf; feature of oath of devotion
#ab;Oath of the ancients
#abf;Feature of oath of ancients
#ab;Yet another Oath
#abf;a feature

The most likely explanation for your problem, JackDoor is that you have an error somewhere, maybe a stray ';' or ','.

_JackDoor_
August 2nd, 2016, 11:13
The most likely explanation for your problem, JackDoor is that you have an error somewhere, maybe a stray ';' or ','.
It wasn't a syntax error, I wanted to add another header as it wasn't completely related to Paladins; more about armour upgrades and the Paladins Oath channel divinity power. But I did check through just in case :)

_JackDoor_, do you mean you want to add another #abh; to the paladin class, in addition to Sacred Oaths?

If I'm not wrong, that shouldn't be possible. The public Par5e manual states the #abh; as a static header for "name of class abilities" (i.e. a unique instance), the only repeatable elements being the #ab; headers, which represent "abilities". At some point the "abilities" became path options (oaths, ways, schools, etc.), but the Par5e structure remained the same (Zacchaeus, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Right, I've done the change from Sacred Oaths to Extra Paladin Features as you .

Thank you both for the info again, very helpful.

Zacchaeus
August 2nd, 2016, 16:00
Sorry I misunderstood what you were after. You can't have another #abh type heading as zera was saying (he understood what you meant). But as long as you got something sorted that's all good

FSHSchmo
August 3rd, 2016, 19:07
Working on building out Midgard Heroes and have three races that are giving me errors. I looked them over but cannot find what the issue is --

##;Centaur, Midgard
On the plains, in the forests, and across the steppes live creatures who blend humanoid and equine aspects. Centaurs are neither man nor beast, but occupy a strange niche in both the civilized and natural worlds. They are born with grace befitting a human king, but are possessed of the fierce savagery of a wild stallion. Centaurs are a scattered race, roaming in small clan groups from the Rothenian Plains (where their numbers are great) to the court of the young Valeran Emperor, whom several serve as personal guards. But they also have a reputation for banditry and bullying, and most cultures consider them dangerous.
Centaurs are largely a nomadic people. Their archery is excellent and their healing arts are well advanced. Because they have little interest in magic or in writing, other cultures sometimes disregard centaurs, but they do so at their peril. Large centaur hordes have smashed baronies and even small nations flat.
#h;Raiding and Banditry
Upon reaching the age of majority, all young adult centaurs embark on their “bandit years,” a practice designed to siphon off those who are particularly troublesome and give some experience to more agreeable colts and fillies. These young centaurs run free, away from the clan groups, to exorcise their aggression and immaturity. At the end of this period, they can choose to remain outside their clan or horde, or they can return with the understanding that they have tamed their wild ways—at least to the degree that’s acceptable to centaur society.
Most young adults choose to return after their bandit years, though the occasional centaur leaves the horde permanently out of curiosity, romance with another race, or any number of other factors. Young centaurs of the same age go on their bandit years together, with instructions from the clan chief about when they’ll be allowed to return.
Centaurs believe in personal property, but they also believe that a person who claims to own something should be strong enough to defend it. They never steal from their clan, but anyone else is fair game. Shipments or supplies of grain and alcohol are their favorite targets.
During a raid, centaurs take advantage of their speed, maneuverability, and skill in archery. They use diversions to draw defenders away from targets, or use heavy volumes of arrows to keep them pinned down.
The bandit years are the time when centaurs drink most heavily. Within the clan, celebrations can be shockingly raucous, but everyday life is not. But during the bandit years, young centaurs are drunk more often than not. This constant inebriation fuels more raids, fights, and reckless behavior.
The bandit years are also the time when centaurs are most likely to take up a life of adventuring, even if only for a little while. Many centaurs spend their bandit years not strictly as bandits but as wanderers and adventurers, eventually returning to their clans with loot and stories.
#h;Centaur Size and Damage
Large creatures are challenging to balance as playable races, because they have innate advantages that let them outshine smaller races in combat. The centaur is interesting in this regard because, despite their Large size, their upper bodies and arms are humansized, so they use standard weapons. This creates an opportunity to design in the Large creature space without risking a catastrophic balance shift from creatures swinging enormous weapons, or requiring a list of drawbacks to make them “balanced” (read: unplayable and no fun).
#h;Centaur Traits
Your centaur character has certain characteristics in common with all other centaurs.
#!;Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
#!;Age. Centaurs reach maturity at 15 years of age. Their lifespans vary because of the harsh conditions and martial nature of their culture, but the upper limits are similar to those of humans.
#!;Alignment. Centaur alignments are mainly chaotic and neutral.
#!;Size. Centaurs stand between 8 and 9 feet tall and weigh in excess of 2,000 pounds. Your size is Large.
#!;Speed. Centaurs have a base speed of 40 feet.
#!;Type. You are of the monstrosity type.
#!;Natural Attacks. You have proficiency with your hooves. You make one attack with your hooves, which deal 2d6 bludgeoning damage.
#!;Centaur Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the pike and the longbow.
#!;Pike Charge. If you move at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a pike attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 3 (1d6) piercing damage. The number of extra damage dice you gain increases by one at 6th level (2d6) and again at 11th level (3d6). You can apply this extra damage only once per turn. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
#!;Humanoid Torso. Although you are Large, you wield weapons and wear armor sized for a Medium creature, thanks to the proportions of your humanoid torso.
#!;Quadruped. You have disadvantage on Stealth checks because of your size and indelicate hooves. The mundane details of the structures of humanoids can present considerable obstacles for you, such as ladders and manholes.
#!;Self sufficient. You have proficiency with the Medicine skill.
#!;Languages. You can speak, read, and write Centaur and one other language of your choice.

damned
August 4th, 2016, 00:50
the " and ' are all wrong without checking any formatting... and probably - too.

Nyiri_Hawkwing
August 4th, 2016, 03:35
I've tried searching and can't seem to find the answer. Is there some way to create either Equipment Packs or Equipment Kits so that it automatically adds the items to the character's inventory when it is added to the character?

FSHSchmo
August 4th, 2016, 06:04
I've tried searching and can't seem to find the answer. Is there some way to create either Equipment Packs or Equipment Kits so that it automatically adds the items to the character's inventory when it is added to the character?

From what I was told/read, this option is only available in the official version of par5e

Teemo
August 4th, 2016, 08:08
From what I was told/read, this option is only available in the official version of par5e

Aww really? I've been looking for that feature =(
Is there really no way to mark that up yourself? Even if it does take forever?

If some features, like auto equip, item linking and ability upgrades on level up, aren't working for people doing it themselves, that means we can't ever make custom classes, races and what not, that sync into the overall experience.

If everything is linked and automated, except that one class, then that's not exactly a streamlined experience for the players =/

JohnD
August 4th, 2016, 19:28

If some features, like auto equip, item linking and ability upgrades on level up, aren't working for people doing it themselves, that means we can't ever make custom classes, races and what not, that sync into the overall experience.

If everything is linked and automated, except that one class, then that's not exactly a streamlined experience for the players =/

I guess it's just possible that they hope people will actually buy the product given there are differences between the public version of par5e and the private one.

rob2e
August 4th, 2016, 19:42
Any chance of the private par5e being released to the community? Imagine the output!

Teemo
August 4th, 2016, 20:52
I guess it's just possible that they hope people will actually buy the product given there are differences between the public version of par5e and the private one.

I'm absolutely not opposed to things like that.
But for story telling games, I guess I'm just hoping that the tools to create will also be prioritised. One thing is playing official content. Quite another is tapping into the very vast resource, that are the players.

I don't really think people writing up their physical books by hand is a competitor to revenue. Most people want quality assurance, myself included. I hope for modding tools not to save money on existing content, but to make stuff myself. That's the real promise of this platform, no?
DnD premade campaigns are fun and all, but at least in my case, my best memories are from home made campaigns.

Now, don't get me wrong. We can absolutely make usable campaigns. But I imagine most GM's who've ever spent hours painstakingly plotting out each map and scenario outcome, can relate to wanting it to be "perfect".
Which is why things like automatically adding starting equipment of your homebrew class, adding its spells, feats and abilities, as well as having easy link to said things from the class sheet, is in high demand.
I think most GM's pride themselves on setting up campaigns that are as smooth as possible for their players.

Almost every genre defining computer game breakthrough to date, started as a mod. Lock some abilities to the ult license if is. I don't think that's unfair. But some idealistic part of me always wants the best tools possible, available to the community.
Way I see it, the more stuff they can make and share, the more important the platform that can run it.

That said, I work with indie gaming myself. I very much understand the need to eat, and the problem with allocating resources to development. There's need to have, and nice to have.

Guess proper modding tools are just what I'd like to have ;)

rob2e
August 4th, 2016, 21:15
I'm absolutely not opposed to things like that.
But for story telling games, I guess I'm just hoping that the tools to create will also be prioritised. One thing is playing official content. Quite another is tapping into the very vast resource, that are the players.

I don't really think people writing up their physical books by hand is a competitor to revenue. Most people want quality assurance, myself included. I hope for modding tools not to save money on existing content, but to make stuff myself. That's the real promise of this platform, no?
DnD premade campaigns are fun and all, but at least in my case, my best memories are from home made campaigns.

Now, don't get me wrong. We can absolutely make usable campaigns. But I imagine most GM's who've ever spent hours painstakingly plotting out each map and scenario outcome, can relate to wanting it to be "perfect".
Which is why things like automatically adding starting equipment of your homebrew class, adding its spells, feats and abilities, as well as having easy link to said things from the class sheet, is in high demand.
I think most GM's pride themselves on setting up campaigns that are as smooth as possible for their players.

Almost every genre defining computer game breakthrough to date, started as a mod. Lock some abilities to the ult license if is. I don't think that's unfair. But some idealistic part of me always wants the best tools possible, available to the community.
Way I see it, the more stuff they can make and share, the more important the platform that can run it.

That said, I work with indie gaming myself. I very much understand the need to eat, and the problem with allocating resources to development. There's need to have, and nice to have.

Guess proper modding tools are just what I'd like to have ;)

Yes. That.

Zacchaeus
August 5th, 2016, 03:18

it can be done in the public version of par5e. Search for the tag #st; in this thread (I 've answered this one before a couple of times but I'm at GenCon and on my phone so I can't do anything substantive with that)

Teemo
August 5th, 2016, 09:06
it can be done in the public version of par5e. Search for the tag #st; in this thread (I 've answered this one before a couple of times but I'm at GenCon and on my phone so I can't do anything substantive with that)

Much obliged, mate ^^

crankdawg47
August 9th, 2016, 18:22
Hey all, I've been looking through this and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. I have 2 questions:

1) In Xorn's tutorial, there is a field in parse to add a thumbnail image to the module in FG. On my version which I just downloaded, that field is missing. Is there some other way to add a thumbnail that I'm missing?
2) I'm parsing in a homebrew class with a spell list that pulls from existing classes, is there a way to link to the FG-purchased PHB spells or do I have to enter all the spell descriptions in a separate txt file to parse in?

many thanks!

Zacchaeus
August 9th, 2016, 18:48
See the first post in this thread re the thumbnail. It''s now hard coded so include a Thumbnail.png file in the top level folder containing the text files you are parsing.

I think the answer to your second question is that you are going to have to create a spells.txt.If you already have all of the spells in a .txt file you can simply add the new class's spell list at the top; if you don't have the spells then you'll need those - you can't pull them from the PHB.

This assumes that you want to be able to list all the spells for that class in the same way as the PHB does it. If you don't need that then you could get away with just a note of the spells available (somewhere) and just pull them from the 'ALL' spells list when doing character creation.

crankdawg47
August 9th, 2016, 19:07
See the first post in this thread re the thumbnail. It''s now hard coded so include a Thumbnail.png file in the top level folder containing the text files you are parsing.

I think the answer to your second question is that you are going to have to create a spells.txt.If you already have all of the spells in a .txt file you can simply add the new class's spell list at the top; if you don't have the spells then you'll need those - you can't pull them from the PHB.

This assumes that you want to be able to list all the spells for that class in the same way as the PHB does it. If you don't need that then you could get away with just a note of the spells available (somewhere) and just pull them from the 'ALL' spells list when doing character creation.

1) God I'm blind. Thanks for being so chill about me missing something on the first page.
2) I was afraid that might be the answer. Thanks for the info.

GruNoof
August 9th, 2016, 19:11
Hey all, I've been looking through this and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. I have 2 questions:

1) In Xorn's tutorial, there is a field in parse to add a thumbnail image to the module in FG. On my version which I just downloaded, that field is missing. Is there some other way to add a thumbnail that I'm missing?
2) I'm parsing in a homebrew class with a spell list that pulls from existing classes, is there a way to link to the FG-purchased PHB spells or do I have to enter all the spell descriptions in a separate txt file to parse in?

many thanks!

1. Just call it thumbnail.png and put it in the root directory of your module you're creating -- *not* in the input directory.

2. Depending what you're asking, if you want to link to an existing spell, use #zal;spell;Spell Name -- make sure to put it inside the #zls and #zle tags, even if it's only one spell. See the zl reference in the Par5e DD5 user guide. #zal as opposed to #zl will look in other open modules. For example, from formatted text in a home brew module:

#zls;
#zal;spell;Magic Missile
#zal;spellslist;Cleric
#zle;

If you are doing something like creating an NPC that has the Spellcasting or Innate Spellcasting ability, if you write the syntax correctly, then when you copy the NPC into a campaign, then you get all of the spells added. Doug has an excellent tutorial on how to do this on the FG YouTube.

zeracool2k
August 9th, 2016, 19:33

I remember seeing this... however, I am unable to find any result for #st; in the thread; I've searched as a tag and as a term to no avail.

Zacchaeus
August 9th, 2016, 19:51
Here's one (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e/page127) hit. There's a few more

Ps just search for #st; in a post

FSHSchmo
August 11th, 2016, 18:19
Working on building out Midgard Heroes and have three races that are giving me errors. I looked them over but cannot find what the issue is --

##;Centaur, Midgard
On the plains, in the forests, and across the steppes live creatures who blend humanoid and equine aspects. Centaurs are neither man nor beast, but occupy a strange niche in both the civilized and natural worlds. They are born with grace befitting a human king, but are possessed of the fierce savagery of a wild stallion. Centaurs are a scattered race, roaming in small clan groups from the Rothenian Plains (where their numbers are great) to the court of the young Valeran Emperor, whom several serve as personal guards. But they also have a reputation for banditry and bullying, and most cultures consider them dangerous.
Centaurs are largely a nomadic people. Their archery is excellent and their healing arts are well advanced. Because they have little interest in magic or in writing, other cultures sometimes disregard centaurs, but they do so at their peril. Large centaur hordes have smashed baronies and even small nations flat.
#h;Raiding and Banditry
Upon reaching the age of majority, all young adult centaurs embark on their “bandit years,” a practice designed to siphon off those who are particularly troublesome and give some experience to more agreeable colts and fillies. These young centaurs run free, away from the clan groups, to exorcise their aggression and immaturity. At the end of this period, they can choose to remain outside their clan or horde, or they can return with the understanding that they have tamed their wild ways—at least to the degree that’s acceptable to centaur society.
Most young adults choose to return after their bandit years, though the occasional centaur leaves the horde permanently out of curiosity, romance with another race, or any number of other factors. Young centaurs of the same age go on their bandit years together, with instructions from the clan chief about when they’ll be allowed to return.
Centaurs believe in personal property, but they also believe that a person who claims to own something should be strong enough to defend it. They never steal from their clan, but anyone else is fair game. Shipments or supplies of grain and alcohol are their favorite targets.
During a raid, centaurs take advantage of their speed, maneuverability, and skill in archery. They use diversions to draw defenders away from targets, or use heavy volumes of arrows to keep them pinned down.
The bandit years are the time when centaurs drink most heavily. Within the clan, celebrations can be shockingly raucous, but everyday life is not. But during the bandit years, young centaurs are drunk more often than not. This constant inebriation fuels more raids, fights, and reckless behavior.
The bandit years are also the time when centaurs are most likely to take up a life of adventuring, even if only for a little while. Many centaurs spend their bandit years not strictly as bandits but as wanderers and adventurers, eventually returning to their clans with loot and stories.
#h;Centaur Size and Damage
Large creatures are challenging to balance as playable races, because they have innate advantages that let them outshine smaller races in combat. The centaur is interesting in this regard because, despite their Large size, their upper bodies and arms are humansized, so they use standard weapons. This creates an opportunity to design in the Large creature space without risking a catastrophic balance shift from creatures swinging enormous weapons, or requiring a list of drawbacks to make them “balanced” (read: unplayable and no fun).
#h;Centaur Traits
Your centaur character has certain characteristics in common with all other centaurs.
#!;Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
#!;Age. Centaurs reach maturity at 15 years of age. Their lifespans vary because of the harsh conditions and martial nature of their culture, but the upper limits are similar to those of humans.
#!;Alignment. Centaur alignments are mainly chaotic and neutral.
#!;Size. Centaurs stand between 8 and 9 feet tall and weigh in excess of 2,000 pounds. Your size is Large.
#!;Speed. Centaurs have a base speed of 40 feet.
#!;Type. You are of the monstrosity type.
#!;Natural Attacks. You have proficiency with your hooves. You make one attack with your hooves, which deal 2d6 bludgeoning damage.
#!;Centaur Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the pike and the longbow.
#!;Pike Charge. If you move at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a pike attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 3 (1d6) piercing damage. The number of extra damage dice you gain increases by one at 6th level (2d6) and again at 11th level (3d6). You can apply this extra damage only once per turn. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
#!;Humanoid Torso. Although you are Large, you wield weapons and wear armor sized for a Medium creature, thanks to the proportions of your humanoid torso.
#!;Quadruped. You have disadvantage on Stealth checks because of your size and indelicate hooves. The mundane details of the structures of humanoids can present considerable obstacles for you, such as ladders and manholes.
#!;Self sufficient. You have proficiency with the Medicine skill.
#!;Languages. You can speak, read, and write Centaur and one other language of your choice.

the " and ' are all wrong without checking any formatting... and probably - too.

So if I am reading this correct I cannot use " in any of the text, I have to use '?

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2016, 20:05
The problem is that you have called it Centaur, Midgard and then headed #h;Centaur Traits. So either make it a Centaur or have the heading be #h;Centaur, Midgard Traits.

Par5e doesn't like fancy inverted commas and stuff like that. Replace slanted inverted commas with normal ones. (This is what damned was referring to I think - and he was guessing at the problem :) )

damned
August 12th, 2016, 00:53
The problem is that you have called it Centaur, Midgard and then headed #h;Centaur Traits. So either make it a Centaur or have the heading be #h;Centaur, Midgard Traits.

Par5e doesn't like fancy inverted commas and stuff like that. Replace slanted inverted commas with normal ones. (This is what damned was referring to I think - and he was guessing at the problem :) )

I was most certainly guessing but yes - many input sources use unsupport (by Par5e) characters and those three are the most common fubar characters.

FSHSchmo
August 12th, 2016, 23:04

I was most certainly guessing but yes - many input sources use unsupport (by Par5e) characters and those three are the most common fubar characters.

Thats what it was, I needed to name the "Traits" to match the header on the race.

crankdawg47
August 15th, 2016, 04:05
1. Just call it thumbnail.png and put it in the root directory of your module you're creating -- *not* in the input directory.

2. Depending what you're asking, if you want to link to an existing spell, use #zal;spell;Spell Name -- make sure to put it inside the #zls and #zle tags, even if it's only one spell. See the zl reference in the Par5e DD5 user guide. #zal as opposed to #zl will look in other open modules. For example, from formatted text in a home brew module:

#zls;
#zal;spell;Magic Missile
#zal;spellslist;Cleric
#zle;

If you are doing something like creating an NPC that has the Spellcasting or Innate Spellcasting ability, if you write the syntax correctly, then when you copy the NPC into a campaign, then you get all of the spells added. Doug has an excellent tutorial on how to do this on the FG YouTube.

THAT WORKED!

It won't let me create the "Spells" sub module doing this but it let me put it in as a feature which is good enough.

Thanks again!

EmeraldGordiant
August 23rd, 2016, 21:53
Hi everyone! My friend and I created a custom class and i attempted par5ing it so we could use it for play-testing in our next campaign. However, I keep getting an Invalid Path error and no module is being created in my Fantasy Grounds/module folder. Module Path folder structure is C:\Par5e\Homebrew and FG Module Path is the Fantasy Grounds\modules folder. Anyone know a fix for this or an idea of what im doing incorrectly?

Yes there is also a tables.txt and a class.txt in the C:\par5e\Homebrew\input folder.

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 22:05
That error, as you have concluded, means that par5e can't find a .txt file that you are trying to par5e. Have you got anything else ticked in he configuration menu apart from the two files you want to par5e? Also make sure that you are only pointing at c:/Par5e/Homebrew and not C:/Par5e/Homebrew/input. Also make sure that you can see the extensions in your files. It's entirely possible that if you have the option to show file extension turned off that your files are actually called class.txt.txt and tables.txt.txt. Also, if all you are creating is classes why do you need the tables.txt file? Finally Try par5ing just the class and/or just the tables to see if you can narrow it down to one or the other.

GruNoof
August 23rd, 2016, 22:07
Forgive my two stupid questions, but 1. Have you been able to parse a piece of equipment or something? Uncheck classes and see if that works just to establish it works with your configuration; 2. Can you post the file here so we can see if something sticks out? I got ugly errors until I started using TextWrangler (other text editors work too) to get rid of invisible gremlin characters. The other thing is that you have to have a specialization/archetype header even if you're not going to have any subtypes of th class.

EmeraldGordiant
August 24th, 2016, 00:32
That error, as you have concluded, means that par5e can't find a .txt file that you are trying to par5e. Have you got anything else ticked in he configuration menu apart from the two files you want to par5e? Also make sure that you are only pointing at c:/Par5e/Homebrew and not C:/Par5e/Homebrew/input. Also make sure that you can see the extensions in your files. It's entirely possible that if you have the option to show file extension turned off that your files are actually called class.txt.txt and tables.txt.txt. Also, if all you are creating is classes why do you need the tables.txt file? Finally Try par5ing just the class and/or just the tables to see if you can narrow it down to one or the other.
File Extensions are on. I thought I needed the tables at first and I turned it off it seems to be saying that the file structure already exists now for some reason.

Forgive my two stupid questions, but 1. Have you been able to parse a piece of equipment or something? Uncheck classes and see if that works just to establish it works with your configuration; 2. Can you post the file here so we can see if something sticks out? I got ugly errors until I started using TextWrangler (other text editors work too) to get rid of invisible gremlin characters. The other thing is that you have to have a specialization/archetype header even if you're not going to have any subtypes of th class.
I have not tried equipment. -edit--- I just tried backgrounds and it seemed to parse it but it didn't place any .mod file in my modules folder.--- Not sure why but invalid path has stopped and now I'm getting something else. The class has 3 archetypes correctly listed. I'm using Notepad++ with extra characters turned on so I can see individual spaces.
Attached is the class.txt

Thank you both for the quick responses!:D

Thegroo
August 24th, 2016, 01:36
The file is in UTF8 encoding. If i remember right, par5e can't handle that. ( A Scholar’s Pack (B) An Entertainer’s Pack, Tools: One set of artisan’s tools ...)
Save it with ANSI encoding and try again.

EmeraldGordiant
August 24th, 2016, 02:13
No change. Still says
Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ............. [Magician- A D&D 5e Class]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]

zeracool2k
August 24th, 2016, 02:22
Hey EmeraldGordiant, welcome to the forum. I gave a quick check to your file, and noticed a couple of errors.

you should put a #h;Class Features header, and remove the "#h;" from both Hit Points and Proficiencies
Dealer Spell slots and counted cards has a table without structure, and missing semicolons

That's what I noticed. Ley us know if it worked.

EmeraldGordiant
August 24th, 2016, 02:37
Hey EmeraldGordiant, welcome to the forum. I gave a quick check to your file, and noticed a couple of errors.

you should put a #h;Class Features header, and remove the "#h;" from both Hit Points and Proficiencies
Dealer Spell slots and counted cards has a table without structure, and missing semicolons

That's what I noticed. Ley us know if it worked.
No change in the console log but thanks a lot for that! I must've been pretty tired last night lol.
The main issue seems to be that the folder structure (Not sure which one) already exists.

GruNoof
August 24th, 2016, 04:37
No change in the console log but thanks a lot for that! I must've been pretty tired last night lol.
The main issue seems to be that the folder structure (Not sure which one) already exists.
Here was the kicker (pay very close attention to the spacing now):

#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19

The spaces in the list made Par5e upset at me. Let me figure out how to attach a file and I'll give you a clean copy to try with.

EmeraldGordiant
August 24th, 2016, 05:36
Here was the kicker (pay very close attention to the spacing now):

#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19

The spaces in the list made Par5e upset at me. Let me figure out how to attach a file and I'll give you a clean copy to try with.
Fantastic. It now seems to be parsing everything correctly but it is still not exporting it to the Fantasy Grounds /module folder or anywhere for that matter.

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2016, 10:58
Take the dash out of the filename

_JackDoor_
August 24th, 2016, 18:18
Quick Question,

I'm getting burnt out flicking through modules during game creation for monsters, can I just add all of my homebrew mobs into one giant .txt file without having to put them in alphabetical order? So would the program do this for me and put them in order once its made a module.

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2016, 19:03
Quick Question,

I'm getting burnt out flicking through modules during game creation for monsters, can I just add all of my homebrew mobs into one giant .txt file without having to put them in alphabetical order? So would the program do this for me and put them in order once its made a module.

Yes, FG will place everything in alphabetical order just like in the Monster Manual or any other publication that uses NPCs. You .txt file can be in any order you like.

EmeraldGordiant
August 24th, 2016, 23:28
Take the dash out of the filename

Nope. Still nothing

Excelsis
September 1st, 2016, 23:59
I don't know if anyone has asked this (a LOT of questions here) but I am having an interesting issue. I parsed a new class into a module, and it shows up just fine, but when I click on the features, they are blank. Now, here's the odd part: when I drop the class onto a PC, it fills in all the skills and features and THOSE pop-up boxes are filled out properly. I think I'm having an "invisible text" problem within the module I made, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
NOTE: I am using Notepad ++ for my mark-ups and I can't find any issues with the text file.

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2016, 00:28
So, just to be clear when you click on the feature in the reference section no text shows up, but when the class is dragged onto a blank PC it does?

Excelsis
September 2nd, 2016, 00:32
Sorry, I would post a screenshot if I knew how, but as I don't, I'll do my best.
So, you open the library, enter the module, open the class. Scroll down to the "class features" section and click on one. Generally here it will pop up a box with the feature's description. However, when I do that with this particular class, that pop up is completely blank.
So I decided to try something. I made a blank PC and dropped the class module onto it. It filled the proper ability skills and dropped the correct features into the correct portion of the sheet. When I click on the features from within the character sheet, they are completely filled out and visible, everything typed out as intended.
So to sum up: the features are blank in the library, but filled out in the character sheet. Very confused.

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2016, 00:39
Indeed, that is very odd and I cannot explain it. I suspect that it's incorrect markup but without seeing your text file I can't be sure. Can you put your file up on Dropbox or something and PM me the link and I'll have a look at it tomorrow (it's a bit late here now for thinking)

spite
September 2nd, 2016, 00:59
What is the name of the class you are parsing out of interest? Random question but could be the same issue I had if the class has "list" anywhere in the title. Such as "pugiLIST"

Excelsis
September 2nd, 2016, 01:00
...... in fact, it is the Eidolist.

spite
September 2nd, 2016, 01:02
Do an find and replace eidolist with something like eidolit as a test and see how it goes. If it fixes you just need to alter the name. PugiLIST I called brawler etc. Not sure what you could put for eidolist

LordEntrails
September 2nd, 2016, 01:04
...... in fact, it is the Eidolist.
As Spite will attest, it won't work.
LIST, in any form, is special (along with some other keywords, which no, I don't know). You either have to change it permanently, or change it, parse it, then manually change it back in your xml file.

Excelsis
September 2nd, 2016, 01:06
That did it. I changed it to "Summoner" and it all shows up. That... is infuriating. But thanks a lot guys. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future.

damned
September 2nd, 2016, 10:43
Once its par5ed you can do a find replace on the Output file to fix it.

Thozi
September 2nd, 2016, 19:51
Hey I have been able to do the backgrounds and Barbarian class but after i put in Cleric it says cleric - ok but the module wont build. Any help would be much appreciated. I would have posted it directly but its over 17k characters so its much to large so i put it in a google doc. Any ideas where i went wrong?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Olfnvv-Jmz9Uaiwk1Bx5bW4SEJuX6pf1xPtOVdKs27M/edit?usp=sharing

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2016, 20:22
In your first table the #th; comes before your #ts; instead of after
Additionally on all of the features where the feature happens at more than one level use a comma rather than a semi-colon as a separator. eg. #fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19
Correct those two things and it will par5e.

Thozi
September 2nd, 2016, 20:23
I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out

Thozi
September 2nd, 2016, 20:38
Thanks! that worked

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2016, 21:23
Thanks! that worked
I know. I tested it before replying ;)

vizwa
September 8th, 2016, 16:06
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to this. I just purchased the Ultimate license and D&D bundle, and am wanting to prep some custom backgrounds for a campaign.

Everything is going well except I am having trouble triggering a player choice for skill proficiency. I have tried using the pipe character as per the DD5E User Guide, but it just gives the player proficiency in both intimidation and Persuasion. Is it possible to trigger a choice dialog via a background? What am I doing wrong?

Here's what I'm using in the backgrounds.txt file:
Skill Proficiencies: Intimidation|Persuasion

(I've also tried it with spaces around the pipe with the same result.)

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2016, 16:50
Hi vizwa and welcome to FG and to the community

The skills from backgrounds are usually hard choices; i.e you just get them. So there's no need for a choice pop up. The choices are all in the class rather than in Backgrounds. Having said that there are backgrounds available in the Sword Coast Adventure Guide which have choices but the public version of par5e doesn't support choices in backgrounds like that.
For Backgrounds you need to list the Skill proficiencies separated by a comma; so Skill Proficiencies: Intimidation, Persuasion

vizwa
September 8th, 2016, 17:06
Hi vizwa and welcome to FG and to the community

The skills from backgrounds are usually hard choices; i.e you just get them. So there's no need for a choice pop up. The choices are all in the class rather than in Backgrounds. Having said that there are backgrounds available in the Sword Coast Adventure Guide which have choices but the public version of par5e doesn't support choices in backgrounds like that.
For Backgrounds you need to list the Skill proficiencies separated by a comma; so Skill Proficiencies: Intimidation, Persuasion

I don't disagree with any of that. In this particular case, I was wanting to give the player the option of choosing a "good cop" or "bad cop" proficiency for flavor purposes.

I think my back up plan is to just leave the Skill Proficiencies line out altogether and instruct the player to choose in some description text. (I tried putting the choice text in the Skill Proficiencies line, but that just creates a new skill.)

Thanks for the response, Zacchaeus! This was the info I needed.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2016, 17:46
So I should have checked all this before I posted before.

You can get a choice into a Background if you have the correct wording. Now normally a Background will give you two skill proficiencies and you seem to want to limit this to one which is the problem. You can't have a choice of one it seems; there's no wording which seems to work.

So I suggest that if you want this that you give them one skill and then a choice between another two. So let's say you give them Insight and they get to pick Intimidation or Persuasion; here's how the skill Proficiencies should be set up in Backgrounds

Skill Proficiencies: Insight plus one from among Intimidation, Persuasion

vizwa
September 8th, 2016, 18:18
So I should have checked all this before I posted before.

You can get a choice into a Background if you have the correct wording. Now normally a Background will give you two skill proficiencies and you seem to want to limit this to one which is the problem. You can't have a choice of one it seems; there's no wording which seems to work.

So I suggest that if you want this that you give them one skill and then a choice between another two. So let's say you give them Insight and they get to pick Intimidation or Persuasion; here's how the skill Proficiencies should be set up in Backgrounds

Skill Proficiencies: Insight plus one from among Intimidation, Persuasion
That's awesome. I had an additional tool proficiency that fits well flavor-wise, which is why I limited the skill proficiencies to one skill. But I can re-work it to have Insight and maybe a choice in the tools (just text, not a dialog choice).

Thank you very much for the help! This is a terrific solution.

zeracool2k
September 8th, 2016, 20:51
vizwa, another choice would be to create two backgrounds instead of one, like "veteran good cop" and "veteran bad cop".

DeeGor
September 9th, 2016, 21:14
Hi all,

I apologize if this information is listed somewhere, but I did a few searches and I couldn't find anything on it.

I've created a module with par5e, and it works fine on my computer as the DM, but when players attempt to load the module the book opens, but the module fails to appear in the library. I've enabled the module for players to use, and when I created it I made sure the module type was set to GM/Player. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2016, 21:41
Depending on the size it might take a while to download, so they might be trying to see it before it has got to them. Can you see it if you join your own game?

DeeGor
September 9th, 2016, 21:52
It's fairly small, just some of the missing things from the PHB. No images. I can see it when I join my own game.

zeracool2k
September 9th, 2016, 23:01
DeeGor, depending on the type of module, you have to "share" sheets with your players.

In par5e there is an option called "Module Type", which determines the visibility of the stuff from the module you are building: GM, GM/Player, and Common. If everything should be visible, choose the second option; if not (e.g. if you have encounters, treasure, etc.), choose the first and share sheets, maps, images, etc. individually when necessary.

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2016, 23:45
I don't think those options have a lot of significance now Zera. They are a legacy I think from the days when there was an option to force loaf modules. But that has long since been replaced with the current system which will allow sharing of anything if you put the green tick on it.

DeeGor
September 10th, 2016, 02:10
I'm not sure what the issue was, but it wasn't with the module. I ended up making a new campaign and copied over my module, and it works fine.

Thanks for the help!

_JackDoor_
September 12th, 2016, 10:59
Hey everyone.
Trying to increase my item module and its getting stuck on this item (or at least I think it is):

Torc of The Lion
Wondrous item, Very Rare (requires attunement)
One third of a fabled set of jewelry, this bronze torc is known by its unnatural red hue. Its legend is stained with the promise of violence.
While attuned to this torc, you gain the following benefits:
#ls;
#li;You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120ft, your eyes gaining a feline appearance.
#li;As an action you can sense the precise location of an being attuned to the <i>Band of the Dragon</i> of the <i>Bracers of the Goat</i>.
#li;You gain the flaw: "I must hunt and kill powerful creatures threatening my territory".
#le;
#b;Roar of the Lions.
Once per day as an action you can emit a terrible roar. WHen you do, each creature within 50 feet of you that can hear your roar must made a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw. Each creature that fails their save is frightened for 1 minute. A frightened creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2016, 11:08
Looks ok, what makes you think it's getting stuck? Does it par5e if you remove this item?

You could try changing Very Rare to very rare, but I don't think that's a problem

astromath
September 12th, 2016, 11:25
My though is the quotation marks surrounding the flaw are the problem. But maybe not.

It's also possible that 120ft should be 120 ft. (missing a space between the 120 and the ft, and missing a period between the ft and the comma). Though, I doubt it.

The only other thing I can think of is that #li; does not like sentences with colons.

My suggestion is the same as Zacchaeus. Take the item out, then re-Par5e. If ok, put the item back in. However, leave the list out. If it Par5e's ok, then add the list back in. If it doesn't par5e, then you know where the problem may be.

P.S. You might want to reword the second item on the list. As it stands, it doesn't make sense.

_JackDoor_
September 12th, 2016, 12:14
Ahh yes the 'ft' might just be it, and the colon issue I did see in the documents but though it might of been a typo for semi-colon.
As for the flaw speech marks, I'm not sure either. Once I'm back at my PC I'll have a tinker :)

I also have a problem with a monster I've tried to copy from somewhere and that the only on in 50 that went heads-up; I'll post that later.

Thank you both.

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2016, 12:49
My though is the quotation marks surrounding the flaw are the problem. But maybe not.

It's also possible that 120ft should be 120 ft. (missing a space between the 120 and the ft, and missing a period between the ft and the comma). Though, I doubt it.

The only other thing I can think of is that #li; does not like sentences with colons.

My suggestion is the same as Zacchaeus. Take the item out, then re-Par5e. If ok, put the item back in. However, leave the list out. If it Par5e's ok, then add the list back in. If it doesn't par5e, then you know where the problem may be.

P.S. You might want to reword the second item on the list. As it stands, it doesn't make sense.

Ahh yes the 'ft' might just be it, and the colon issue I did see in the documents but though it might of been a typo for semi-colon.
As for the flaw speech marks, I'm not sure either. Once I'm back at my PC I'll have a tinker :)

I also have a problem with a monster I've tried to copy from somewhere and that the only on in 50 that went heads-up; I'll post that later.

Thank you both.

No, it par5es fine for me, which was why I was asking why you thought it was this item and if you removed it did it par5e ok (on the assumption that it wouldn't and therefore point towards the true culprit).
Magic items are about the easiest thing to par5e actually and they will accept all sorts of formatted text such as lists, bold, italic etc. They aren't particular about things like spaces between numbers and ft or lb either.
The only 'error' in the text you posted is that #b; isn't a recognised markup but that just comes out in the output as #b; so I don't think that's the problem either.

_JackDoor_
September 12th, 2016, 14:15
Okay so I think it might be the next item on the list as it does parse nicely, so the bracers of the goat seems to halt the procedure :(

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2016, 15:09
Indeed, it is at that point that you start misspelling Wondrous :)

The next and following items are all spelled Wonderous and the final item won't parse unless you remove the capital from Item (i.e. Wondrous item rather than Wondrous Item).

_JackDoor_
September 12th, 2016, 16:58
Nuts, right thank you. I must say I'm stupidly bad at spelling.
Is there a notepad program that has spell check? But thank you once again for finding the faults.

Nylanfs
September 12th, 2016, 17:15
jEdit (https://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/), Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/), a couple of other ones to.

_JackDoor_
September 12th, 2016, 17:16
jEdit (https://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/), Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/), a couple of other ones to.

Oh right, im using notepad++. I'll have a dig around :)

Nylanfs
September 12th, 2016, 18:00
http://aspell.net/win32/ with https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/Spell-Checker/

ripjames
September 15th, 2016, 07:30
I have a question. I own the Complete Core package in Fantasy grounds. I am trying to Parse in the sword coast supplement classes so that I can use them in my game. Can I just parse in the new class info without all the stuff like Hit Points, because it basiclly is just adding new Paths, so none of the expected terms are there when I try to Parse the module. I suspect that is why it is not building the module when I parse. If I cannot do that what do you suggest I do to do just a supplement, or will I have to Parse ALL of the info for the classes?

damned
September 15th, 2016, 07:39
Par5e requires a certain minimum amount of info. You dont have to include all the detail but at the end of the day you are better off doing a whole class in its entirety.

ripjames
September 15th, 2016, 09:01
Par5e requires a certain minimum amount of info. You dont have to include all the detail but at the end of the day you are better off doing a whole class in its entirety.

Thanks. That is what I will do. I am now having another problem.. and I just encountered it as I saw I had a reply here so I have not actually searched for it yet. But I am Parsing the class.txt and background.txt , as well as a blank tables txt.. The console is showing no warnings but it is not building the actual module. It is stopping right before that and going into ready. It will build it without class checked. I did clear out my temp folder or at least the most recently updated one on my C: before parsing.

Thanks for you help

AkivaDaphydd
September 15th, 2016, 09:45
I'm having an issue. SO I have the class.txt formatted correctly, I have the tables.txt file, but when I go to parse the file I keep getting an error stating incorrect path, despite the paths being correct. Anyone else getting errors like this?

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2016, 10:24
Thanks. That is what I will do. I am now having another problem.. and I just encountered it as I saw I had a reply here so I have not actually searched for it yet. But I am Parsing the class.txt and background.txt , as well as a blank tables txt.. The console is showing no warnings but it is not building the actual module. It is stopping right before that and going into ready. It will build it without class checked. I did clear out my temp folder or at least the most recently updated one on my C: before parsing.

Thanks for you help

If it par5es without classes then there is an error in the class.txt file somewhere.

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2016, 10:28
I'm having an issue. SO I have the class.txt formatted correctly, I have the tables.txt file, but when I go to parse the file I keep getting an error stating incorrect path, despite the paths being correct. Anyone else getting errors like this?

Incorrect path means that par5e can't find a file that it is expecting to find. So either you have a file that has the wrong name, you are trying to par5e a file that doesn't exist or you are pointing par5e at the incorrect location. Remember that your location should not include the 'input' file (a common mistake); So if your .txt files are in C/Par5e/MyFolder/input then par5e should be pointing at C/Par5e/MyFolder.

AkivaDaphydd
September 15th, 2016, 10:42
So I have the pathing correct. I'll have to look in to what I may be missing then... Thanks!

ripjames
September 15th, 2016, 23:43
Alright, i have been scanning through the forums and trying searching for the stuff that others who seem to have the same issue say fixed theirs and I am still stopping before it builds the module. It will build the module without the classes so the problem has to be in the class.txt.
This is what the console spits out when I try to Parse:

Info : module .................................................. ........................ [Mikes PHB 2.0]
Parse : background .................................................. .................... [Acolyte - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. .................. [Charlatan - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ................... [Criminal - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ................ [Entertainer - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. .................. [Folk Hero - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. .............. [Guild Artisan - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ..................... [Hermit - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ...................... [Noble - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. .................. [Outlander - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ....................... [Sage - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ..................... [Sailor - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. .................... [Soldier - OK]
Parse : background .................................................. ..................... [Urchin - OK]
Parse : backgrounds .................................................. ....................... [Completed]
Make : backgrounds windowlists .................................................. ........... [Completed]
Parse : class .................................................. ....................... [Barbarian - OK]
Parse : class .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : class windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Parse : tables .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
Make : tables windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : tables (campaign) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : tables (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : backgrounds (reference) .................................................. ........... [Completed]

I had originally copied the class.txt into a code block but it would not let me post it so I will put a copy in my dropbox and link that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6k407i9htwghmz/class.txt?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6k407i9htwghmz/class.txt?dl=0)

I know there are some spelling errors. ex. w eapon. I thought I would run a spell check to fix to after I got all of the classes and the sword coast add ons in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2016, 00:13
In the flavour text you have a couple of headings where you have missed the 'h' for example it should be #h;Primal Instinct (however I don't think that's the problem)
In all your features you have separated the levels with semi colons; it should be commas eg

#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19 (this is the problem)

Other than that it looks ok

ripjames
September 16th, 2016, 00:20
In the flavour text you have a couple of headings where you have missed the 'h' for example it should be #h;Primal Instinct (however I don't think that's the problem)
In all your features you have separated the levels with semi colons; it should be commas eg

Ok thank you. I thought it was supposed to be a ";" between each one. I'll fix that

ripjames
September 16th, 2016, 00:44

Alright I fixed both the headers and the ";" in the features. Should I be putting a "," after the last number to. It is still stopping in the same place.

Dropbox link new (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi38t7oplhcoai1/classv2.txt?dl=0)

I ma sure I am just not seeing something, thanks for your help