PDA

View Full Version : NPC Module Builder

damned
January 28th, 2013, 07:52
I have started to put together a NPC builder for Castles & Crusades. Im sure it could be adapted for 3.5, PF or 4e use if people found it useful.

Im looking for people to:

1. Test it out and make suggestions
2. Test it out so I can bug fix it
3. Contribute to building a decent repository of NPCs over time

There is at least one thing I cant work out at the moment and that is the NPC/Monster description field. FG cant display the data I input in there... well it displays but the
~+(@)+~
at the bottom actually appears at the top, over the 2 lines of text that do show...

Some more info here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18109
https://www.swordsnsorcery.com/fantasygrounds/

Trenloe
January 28th, 2013, 16:43
There is at least one thing I cant work out at the moment and that is the NPC/Monster description field. FG cant display the data I input in there... well it displays but the
~+(@)+~
at the bottom actually appears at the top, over the 2 lines of text that do show...

Are you using the type="formattedtext" tag for the XML and also using paragraph tags <p> to split up lines. You can get quite fancy (not full HTML text formatting though) with the text. Here is an example from a Pathfinder NPC created with the PF NPC parser:

<text type="formattedtext">
<p>This large spider-like monster has an eerie, humanoid face surrounded by a shaggy mane of fur.</p>
<p><b><u>Languages</u>:</b> Aklo</p>
<p><b><u>Special Abilities</u>:</b> </p><p><b>Ethereal Ambush (Ex)</b> A phase spider that attacks foes on the Material Plane in a surprise round can take a full round of actions if it begins the combat by phasing into the Material Plane from the Ethereal Plane. </p><p><b>Ethereal Jaunt (Su)</b> A phase spider can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a free action, and shift back again as a move action (or as part of a move action). The ability is otherwise identical to ethereal jaunt (CL 15th). </p><p><b>Poison (Ex)</b> Bite-injury; save Fort DC 18; frequency 1/round for 8 rounds; effect 1d2 Constitution damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.</p>
<p><b><u>Tactics</u>:</b> <b>During Combat</b> The Feaster ethereally ambushes her prey and bites them, then ethereally jaunts to wait for her poison to take effect. She uses this method of attack as many times as she feels is safe to do so. <b>Morale</b> The Feaster flees if reduced to 10 hit points or fewer.</p>
</text>

damned
January 28th, 2013, 21:46
thanks Trenloe - i thought i had fixed the html display thing but obviously not - all working now. thanks for that :)

damned
January 28th, 2013, 21:46
can i store tokens in the same module?
havent tried - just thought i would ask first...

Trenloe
January 28th, 2013, 22:23
can i store tokens in the same module?
havent tried - just thought i would ask first...
Yep - use the token tag, for example:

<token type="token">tokens/Achaierai.png@Bestiary2</token>
Create a tokens directory within your module, the above module is called "Bestiary2", and so the reference is to a token within the module. Put this line in your NPC db.xml on a per NPC entry basis.

damned
January 29th, 2013, 16:28
Have added Token support - can upload a png/jpg/gif of up to 60kb and it will export it in the module. I have emailed Devin Knight and he is ok with using any of his 20 free sets of tokens with this tool/collection.
One more thing off the list... :)