PDA

View Full Version : Token Folder Nowhere to be found =O

3nvy
January 28th, 2013, 06:24
okay so i did some googeling and some youtubeing and i found a bunch of downloadable links for free tokens for 3.5e and im like awesome! found out how to add custom portraits and what not, and i was able to add in the character portraits perfectly fine....no i went to go add in some tokens into the token file and it does not exist, so me being witty just named a new folder tokens...inside i added host and shared like i saw in the video, it no work:confused: much help would be appreciated thank you

damned
January 28th, 2013, 07:46
create a folder on your pc.
create a subfolder called tokens.
copy all tokes into subfolder.
in parent folder copy the follloing text into a text file and rename it: definition.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.07">
<name>Devin Knight</name>
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
<author>Devin Knight</author>
</root>

You can update Author and Name fields - you can see this one contained awesome tokens by Devin Knight.

zip up the contents of your new folder - eg definition.xml + subfolder tokens and call it DevinKnight.mod (change the .zip to .mod).

Drop this in your modules folder and activate the module...

Trenloe
January 28th, 2013, 17:05
See the "Adding and Removing Tokens" sidebar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_tokens.xcp

Also, any mention to tokens, modules folders etc. are under the Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory - find a link to this under Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II - Application Data folder.

And, if you make any changes to tokens under the \tokens directory you need to reload your Fantasy Grounds campaign - they are not seem immediately like images/maps are.

Griogre
January 28th, 2013, 20:48
Also if you are a player and not a GM then you won't see the tokens since all tokens come from the GM's machine.

unerwünscht
January 28th, 2013, 21:14
Griogre that isn't entirely true. I have had players bring their own tokens in the past. I have no clue how they did it.... but they did.

Griogre
January 29th, 2013, 08:47
As far as I know, as a player you can't load the token box on the client by having token images in the host or shared folders and I don't think the client can do anything with token modules. However in the newer rulesets you can select a portrait image and then either make that your character's token on the character sheet or pull a token out of the GM's shared token box so when the character is dragged onto the combat tracker it uses that portrait/token image. Maybe that's what you saw? I'd be curious if there is a different way.

unerwünscht
January 29th, 2013, 09:10
The player in question loaded a custom token created by DK. They did not load it as their portrait as they had loaded a separate portrait for their character. But now I am even more interested in how they did it, when I asked I got laughed at like I was an idiot.

Edit: I decided to log in as a player, and found to my surprise players do in fact have access to the token box, and can bring their own tokens.

Leonal
January 29th, 2013, 09:49
In the 3.5E ruleset a player can also drag another character's portrait to their token location (top right of the main tab).

3nvy
January 29th, 2013, 22:31
thank you guys with your help we fixed it

3nvy
January 29th, 2013, 22:32
no does anyone know of a super cool looking token for an Evil Paladin? that i could maybe get a hold of for a 3.5e campaign

Magnatude
January 30th, 2013, 18:01
I use Token Tool from the maptools site... If I'm in a pinch and need a new token I would just Google images and use the token tool if I find something cool.
I usually hit up site of my favorite Heavy Metal Magazine artists like Bisley, Royo, Azpiri... or Frazetta, Borris...