PDA

View Full Version : *PFS Thursday January 31st 7pm EST PFS-0-06 Black Waters (Tier 4-5)

Trueshots
January 26th, 2013, 08:48
Overview
Beldrin’s Bluff was once an affluent cliff side neighborhood of Absalom, overlooking the Inner Sea’s glittering surface. Nobles and wizards alike erected estates and towers there, and merchants and artists flocked to the cliffs to entertain them. Then came the great quake 10 years ago—half of Beldrin’s Bluff tore from the land and fell into the sea, taking most of its citizens with it. The rest of the area was laid to ruin by the trembling earth and the surging sea. Some of Absalom’s oldest families were utterly erased. Terror and hatred filled the hearts of the survivors and restless spirits of the dead rose from their watery graves and prowled the night. Perhaps the most terrifying loss was the drowning of the Tri-Towers Yard, an elite academy for the youth of the noblest families of Beldrin’s Bluff. The quake struck at noonday. The children were buried in rubble, and as the sea frothed up from below, it carried unnatural things, tormented dead long ago interred in a hidden necropolis beneath the academy. No one survived. Now the Tri-Towers Yard is known as the Drownyard, a desolate ruin filled with strange black ichors and salty brine. Within lie the secrets of an ancient necropolis, but there too dwell the spirits of its inhabitants and the angry dead of the Tri-Towers students and teachers.

Please sign up on the Game Calendar HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=977)

WARNING: This is my first game as a GM. I am extremely new to Pathfinder. I am looking for a group of "Veterans" to run this for but you don't have to be to sign up. I know very little about Pathfinder Rules and PFS Rules. I really just wanted to try this out to see if it would be of interest for me in the future. I have spent a great deal of time preparing the module, so it should be fun for everyone.

Character Levels: We are playing at the Subtier (4-5) but will play at Subtier (1-2) if need be. Don't let this keep you from signing up! I have a level 3 and 4 that has committed.

Duration: Normally this scenario would take 4 hours. I ask that everyone prepare for 30-40 additional minutes due to my being new to GM'ing.

What I Need From You: Im asking that if you sign up that you provide me with the following on the Game Forum Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18100):
Xml of Character
Last Chronicle of Character
Portrait of Character
PFS #
Starting Gold
Starting XP

Fantasy Grounds License: Full (You must have a Lite License to play)

Voice Chat: TeamSpeak3 server address: fgts.servegame.com (No port or password needed)

Server Address: Scrawny Dungeon Good Dice

Skellan
January 26th, 2013, 10:43
Great to see you gming.
Ill upload my stuff when i am at my pc. lookng forward to this :)

Malkavian_Andi
January 26th, 2013, 12:32
The time would have been nice for me, but unfortunately I already played that scenario.
But still, it's nice to know there's another GM who plays PFS games. Maybe I'll be able to play in your next game.

xaoslaad
January 29th, 2013, 00:17
Xml of Character: Attached
Last Chronicle of Character: N/A - New Character
Portrait of Character: Attached
PFS #: 75636
Starting Gold: 63GP, 6SP. 5CP, remainder of 150GP was spent on gear
Starting XP: 0

Should mention this is my first PFS Game/Character. I'll try not to make everyone crazy :rv:

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 01:53
Looking forward to playing this. If we are playing lower tier, i will bring another character.

xaoslaad, don't worry you couldnt possibly make me any more crazy than I already am :)

Trueshots
January 29th, 2013, 07:30
Should mention this is my first PFS Game/Character. I'll try not to make everyone crazy :rv:
Crazy.....You haven't seen crazy til you see me trying to GM without knowing the rules :) This will be a learning experience for us all. We have 2 vets signed up and 2 of you guys are brand new. So we should be good to go! Think we're going to have a great time!

Harbinger
January 29th, 2013, 07:36
Trueshots here is my info.
Xml of Character: Attached
Last Chronicle of Character: N/A - New Character
Portrait of Character: Attached
PFS #: 75768-1
Starting Gold: 0GP, 9SP. 9CP, remainder of 150GP was spent on gear
Starting XP: 03680

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 12:36
Crazy.....You haven't seen crazy til you see me trying to GM without knowing the rules :)
You know lots more than I did when I ran my first game. You'll be fine

Harbinger
January 29th, 2013, 13:46
Thanks for taking the time and helping me with my character for pathfinder Soc. since this is a new experience (pathfinder Soc.). I'm looking forward to Game night!

3nvy
January 30th, 2013, 15:23
me and my buddy are looking into this campaign but we both are pretty new and would like to get started somewhere, both of us are pretty new to how these games on fg2 work but we are fast learners, we have our own 3.5e campaing going on at the momment but wish to expand our skills and get out into other games, we would like to play me personally i have not played a PF campaing but he has played a coupple...so as apart to working's of how it works he can help me out...if you need any documentation for us to be able to play let me know send me links so i can get started hopefully we get a chance to play with you gents =D

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 16:08
Great news. We would love to have you guys play. The 1st thing to do is both of you sign up on the calendar for the game. Then we need to make sure you have gone to the Paizo/PFS (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety)site and signed up for a Pathfinder Societ ID card. (Its Free). It will give you a number that you use in all pathfinder society games.

Next we need to get you a character created. I am attaching the PFS Organized Rules. Very important document. It will tell you how to create a character and tell you about the setting and the rules a bit more. I will be more than happy to walk you through the character building process.

I can get on Team speak with you guys today or tomorrow (for as long as you need me)to help out, just give me a PM here and let me know when we can get on there to talk. Feel free to ask more questions. Talk to you guys soon!

PS: well I can't upload my PDF for ya so go to this link (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Guide-to-Pathfinder-Society-Organized-Play) and download this PDF for free and you should be well on your way! Let me know if you need any help along the way!

Harbinger
January 30th, 2013, 16:14
me and my buddy are looking into this campaign but we both are pretty new and would like to get started somewhere, both of us are pretty new to how these games on fg2 work but we are fast learners, we have our own 3.5e campaing going on at the momment but wish to expand our skills and get out into other games, we would like to play me personally i have not played a PF campaing but he has played a coupple...so as apart to working's of how it works he can help me out...if you need any documentation for us to be able to play let me know send me links so i can get started hopefully we get a chance to play with you gents =D

You should send Trueshots a PM, he normally get back to you very quickly and can talk to you about joining. If you have not already you might want to apply on the game calendar, since it shows only 2 spots left with the game starting soon.

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 16:16
You should send Trueshots and PM, he normally get back to you very quickly and can talk to you about play, if he has spots available. If you have not already you might want to apply on the game calendar, since it shows only 2 spots left with the game starting soon.

They appear to be signed up, so they are well on their way! I just approved them!

Harbinger
January 30th, 2013, 16:22
Nice a full group.

3nvy
January 30th, 2013, 17:04
yeah i was going to say we already signed up =D

Justintimez
January 30th, 2013, 17:05
I am experianced with Pathfinder tabletop and not so much with PFS. I have done a lot of GMing and if anyone has any questions about the rules or characters please feel free to ask me.

3nvy
January 30th, 2013, 17:11
i just got my PF ID and downloaded everything now to char creation =D

3nvy
January 30th, 2013, 17:18
how are you able to edit the pdf file or are we keeping track of them with paper and pencil

3nvy
January 30th, 2013, 17:22
never mind i got a fallible one lol, google = friend

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 17:35
how are you able to edit the pdf file or are we keeping track of them with paper and pencil
I would personally use HERO LAB (https://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab) its is super easy and the basic version is free! We have to have an xml file to load into FG in order for you to play. This program builds that for you. If you have questions please let me know.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2013, 17:45
Have a read of this thread as a background to Pathfinder Society Organised Play: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510

Also, this thread giving info on how to get your character ready in Fantasy Grounds: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961

It looks like you've already done some reading from other posts in this thread, but I'd still recommend reading the 2 above threads.

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 20:36
Hey guys if your still having trouble getting ready for the game, I made a video tutorial that will take you through the entire process with ease. If you still need any help please let me know! The Video Tutorial is located HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18127).

3nvy
January 31st, 2013, 04:25
here is mine time for my roomie's

Harbinger
January 31st, 2013, 05:05
I did the FG build and then tried the Hero lab build, I have to say the Hero lab is very easy and it checks everything for mistakes. since it even lets you choose to use PFS rules in the character creation. It takes only minutes and has many features you can customize. If you have an Idea already in your head. I would try and get in TS with Trueshots and he will drop your character in HeroLab and that way you will have it and he can send you back a copy of the FG file so you can import it into FG for local copy to look at. He also has already bought several of the expansions for hero lab, which can say you money. But trying Herolab for your self is best, but you might still need questions answered by Trushots or one of the other veterans.

3nvy
January 31st, 2013, 05:37
here is Justintimez character Neb we are finished

Trueshots
January 31st, 2013, 09:37
Travis and Neb. For some reason when I loaded your XLM, I'm Having problems with weapons and spells in FG's. If you could please could you send me your herolab (.por) files so that I can see if I can fix the problems. Either send to my personal email or load up here on the forums. Thank you and sorry for the hassle!

tahl_liadon
January 31st, 2013, 18:47
waitlisted myself to fill any no-show. please contact me if such is the case. thx.

Trueshots
January 31st, 2013, 22:44
Character Suggestion for some of the newer players:

@Travis

Wanted to suggest the following:

* The Charming skill is almost never seen in use in PFS, I've never seen it used to be honest, confirmed this with a vet last night. Maybe think about taking a trait that allows a non class skill to become a class skill, this will give you 3 extra points(sometime 4 depending on how the trait is worded) right off the top. Examples for you would be Acrobatics, Stealth, etc.

* You haven't put a point in Perception and its a class skill for you. Most everyone would agree this is the most important and most used skill in the game. If its already a class skill for you I'd definitely pump it up!

* You haven't put a point in Spellcraft. This too is a class skill for you and will allow you to identify potions and such along you adventure. you never know when you may find a bomb or mutagen and can't use it because you don't know what it is. Also this skill allow you to check to see what enemys are casting and such. Very Cool skill.
Identify Spell Being Cast
Identifying a spell as it is being cast requires no action, but you must be able to clearly see the spell as it is being cast, and this incurs the same penalties as a Perception skill check due to distance, poor conditions, and other factors.
Learn Spell from Spellbook
Learning a spell from a spellbook takes 1 hour per level of the spell (0-level spells take 30 minutes).
Prepare Spell from Borrowed Spellbook
Preparing a spell from a borrowed spellbook does not add any time to your spell preparation.
Crafting Magic Items
Making a Spellcraft check to craft a magic item is made as part of the creation process.
Determine Properties of Magic Item
Attempting to ascertain the properties of a magic item takes 3 rounds per item to be identified and you must be able to thoroughly examine the object.

* Also as Gnome you get a number of spell abilities that are CHA based, because you CHA isn't high enough you will never be able to use them. I would suggest taking the alternate racial ability Pyromaniac. It replaces some of that stuff and give you an extra something on you bombs.

Pyromaniac Gnomes with this racial trait are treated as one level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using the bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline or the revelations of the oracle's flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage (this ability does not give gnomes early access to level-based powers; it only affects the powers they could use without this ability). Gnomes with Charisma scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome's level; the DCs are Charisma-based. This racial trait replaces gnome magic and illusion resistance.

@Neb

* I'll say the same about the Charming Trait to you.

* Also I uderstand what you doing about the perform skill and such for the day job, great Idea! but here's one catch, it isnt a class skill for you. I'd suggest you taking the Hwan Artist Trait and you get +1 to Perform and it becomes a class skill for you. That +4 to your perform instantly which would put you that much better on day job rolls.
Hwan Artist
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with the chosen performance skill, and it becomes a class skill for you.

* Perception, will say same to you. Best/Most imporatant skill in the game. Its not class for you but your already sitting with a +4. If you take Valashmai Veteran or Underbridge Dweller, it makes preception a class skill, giving you +3 or +4 off the top depending on which skill.
Valashmai Vetern
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, and a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks in jungle terrain. One of these skills becomes a class skill for you.
Underbridge Dweller
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on Perception checks in dim light, and Perception is always a class skill for you.

@Adoen

*Your lay on hand and spells are all powered by CHA not wisdom like in earlier editions of D&D. I'd suggest bumping up the CHA a bit and take away the wisdom a bit. You have a fast progression for will saves so you in good shape there even if you loses a few point in wisdom

* In regards to your day job. You chosen craft which is INT based. If possible maybe select a WIS based (profession) or a CHA based (perform) that is if they are class skills for you or your able to make them class skill with a trait of something.

@Bishop

I think you and I covered everything in our discussion on TeamSpeak the other day

REMEMBER

These are only suggestions! I would never ask you to change your character if you didn't want to or it didn't fit your play style. I think I'm understanding what you guys are going for so I wanted to add a few suggestion that may help to enhance that. Looking forward to tonight!

Trueshots
February 1st, 2013, 09:46
I Need Factions (what faction are you?) for Adoen, Norbur, and Ma'Zar in order to complete the Chronicle. As soon as that's done I'll post them all. I had a great time guys, look forward to it again!

xaoslaad
February 1st, 2013, 12:31
Andoran for me (Character Adoen)!

Thanks for running the game, I had a great time. Look forward to playing again and hopefully next time I won't be quite so under the weather :D

3nvy
February 1st, 2013, 19:18
Had lots of fun mate good GMing for the first time! cant wait for more games

Trueshots
February 1st, 2013, 21:45
Chronicles are finished. If you have questions please let me know. Thanks

Trueshots
February 1st, 2013, 21:46
Chronicles are finished. If you have questions please let me know. Thanks

3nvy
February 1st, 2013, 21:52
how can i add this into the website

Trenloe
February 1st, 2013, 21:56
how can i add this into the website
You don't the GM does... Assuming you mean the Paizo website?

3nvy
February 1st, 2013, 22:01
you are assuming correctly

3nvy
February 1st, 2013, 22:03
but i changed my character's name and class etc so i hope it doesn't mess up

Trenloe
February 1st, 2013, 22:10
The record on the Paizo website is more of a backup and a useful way to check games you played easily, for Paizo to track games being played and for credit towards a GM's star rating.

If you do change your character name on the website after a game has been reported the name will not be reflected in the game report - but the PC number will be and will be treated as the main link to any PC record on the website.

The records that have to be 100% correct are your chronicle sheets - this is what will primarily be taken as the character record and what may be audited by a GM/event coordinator.

Trueshots
February 1st, 2013, 22:10
Its based on you PFS #, you'll be A-OK

3nvy
February 1st, 2013, 22:14
AWESOME!
i cant wait to get into some more chronicle's..

Harbinger
February 2nd, 2013, 03:09
Yea, I had a blast. Let me know when we can go again.

Trueshots
February 3rd, 2013, 04:53
Bishop and Travis, I believe I mixed up the factions on you chronicle sheets. I've fixed and attached them.

@Travis - I notice upon updating the game on Paizo that you have renamed your character and changed factions. I accepted the change, that wasn't a problem. Here is where you may run into a problem. If you are starting completely over you have to resale everything you bought back. If you used anything that was consumable, ie, potions, food, arrows, etc. you cant sell those back obviously because they are gone. So, what this means is that after you've done all those calculations you will only have that much gold left to spend on the "new and improved" version of your character. I hope this helps.

3nvy
February 3rd, 2013, 05:01
i have already sold back everything, now is that for a used price or do i get back full price?

Trueshots
February 3rd, 2013, 05:03
i have already sold back everything, now is that for a used price or do i get back full price?
you get full price for everything until you hit level 2, then its 50%

3nvy
February 3rd, 2013, 05:12
awesome then i should be set for your next Chronicle

Harbinger
February 6th, 2013, 16:59
Thank you for the correction to the sheet above.