PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Licenses/Installs

tdewitt274
January 25th, 2013, 23:34
Hello All!

I have a Full and Ultimate license and want to use Fantasy Grounds for a face to face game.

How can I set up a Unregistered and a Full on a one PC? I plan to run the game with the Ultimate license. On that PC, I installed it twice, but it seems to only want to take one instance.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in advance!

Todd

ddavison
January 26th, 2013, 00:05
You can just run two instances of the same FG license on the same computer. When connecting from your "player" instance, select a name and set "localhost" as the host address for your game.

Blahness98
January 26th, 2013, 01:15
What I did when I experimented with this was install the two instances in completely different folders and have two seperate data folders. I then had two different shortcuts for each instance of FG. It seemed to work for a while, but it just became too much of a hassle.

The easiest way to have multiple connections is to do the localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the host name like Doug said above. Far fewer headaches involved.

tdewitt274
January 26th, 2013, 13:50
You can just run two instances of the same FG license on the same computer. When connecting from your "player" instance, select a name and set "localhost" as the host address for your game.
I'll be running the Full/Unregistered on another PC. Too many issues with "mouse tug of war". I think I'll just unload the Ultimate License as I'm using it on my GM PC and pulled this other one out of storage.

Just need to find the other license. Is there a way to determine the installed registration code on the PC? I updated one of the installs to the newest version and only see that code. Is there a way that I can register it with you guys? I bought it over 7 years ago at GenCon.

Thanks!

tdewitt274
January 26th, 2013, 13:55
What I did when I experimented with this was install the two instances in completely different folders and have two seperate data folders. I then had two different shortcuts for each instance of FG. It seemed to work for a while, but it just became too much of a hassle.

The easiest way to have multiple connections is to do the localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the host name like Doug said above. Far fewer headaches involved.
I did do that, but it seems that the Ultimate overtook the Unregistered install path for the Application Data file. Attempting to switch the source folders through the "Settings" reverts to the original settings.