PDA

View Full Version : How do players turn off effects?

mattcolville
January 23rd, 2013, 17:19
My players can turn *on* effects from their powers, but they don't seem to have any way to turn them off. Help?

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2013, 18:01
Players can't turn them off - only the GM can remove effects.

Players should pay attention to the duration and effect "Application" being "All", "Once" or "Single" when they initially apply effects. But, even with the best selection there will be times when effects need to be manually removed and only the GM can do that.

nad3ooo
August 15th, 2013, 05:09
Players can't turn them off - only the GM can remove effects.

Players should pay attention to the duration and effect "Application" being "All", "Once" or "Single" when they initially apply effects. But, even with the best selection there will be times when effects need to be manually removed and only the GM can do that.

With this understanding, it would be nice for players to be able to cancel their own effects...is this something that could be incorporated into an extension or an Lua edit?

Moon Wizard
August 15th, 2013, 05:28
It's currently on the wish list to allow players to remove effects that they applied. It requires some decently complex changes, involving: interface changes, additional effect source tracking, and a process to request deletion from player to host (who owns the combat tracker data).

Regards,
JPG

nad3ooo
August 15th, 2013, 05:54
Man, thanks for the awesome reply...good info that I will be sure to relay to my gaming group