PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NeoExodus Fans

S Ferguson
January 22nd, 2013, 23:47
Anyone planning on running a NeoExodus PFS game? I'd be interested in hooking up with like-minded people (i.e. those that have played in the setting). If we can get enuogh people together we can make something happen. the PFS rules are good here and hey, it's a great game! :D

S Ferguson
January 30th, 2013, 04:00
There has to be someone besides me who's heard of it.;)

Blahness98
January 30th, 2013, 05:25
Looked into the setting and it looks interesting.

S Ferguson
January 30th, 2013, 15:08
It is. A Louis Porter Jr.'s "love song to Babylon 5" there is plenty of political intrigue, fighting, "relic" finding, new races (that aren't Tolkien based) and lots more. It's a real treat.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2013, 17:29
NeoExodus Kickstarter here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/462624115/free-rpg-day-2013-neoexodus-adventure-for-pathfind

A lot of the pledge levels have NeoExodus books as extras - especially the campaign guide.

S Ferguson
January 30th, 2013, 17:35
They've already got my pledge.

S Ferguson
January 30th, 2013, 22:52
And for the labor of love that goes into every LPJ product, they need your help. The perks are great at low rates. Help to kickstart an amazing product.

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2013, 10:27
I'm interested in it and picked up the starter package at RPGnow, but they've only put out 3, i believe, modules for Legacies (since this is in PFS thread) or did you just want to do adventures/campaign in the setting.

I did invest in the Obsidian Twilight kickstarter.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 16:38
I'm interested in it and picked up the starter package at RPGnow, but they've only put out 3, i believe, modules for Legacies (since this is in PFS thread) or did you just want to do adventures/campaign in the setting.

I did invest in the Obsidian Twilight kickstarter.
Well there are so many points to take off and adventure from in "A House Divided" that they aren't even necessary, or perhaps enticements to get others to join this unique setting. I'm just taking soundings to see if there is enough interest to actually start up a game. So yes, the adventure/campaign scenario would be appropriate. I just want casual games that even have ramifications on the NeoExodus world if so desired.

And yes, there are now 3 PFS Legacies. This isn't to say there couldn't be more.

I supported Obsidian Twilight too. LPJ supports 3rd party development, so supporting them helps everyone in the end.:)

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 16:56
And yes, there are now 3 PFS Legacies. This isn't to say there couldn't be more.
There will be more, they are currently play testing 3 new scenarios.

Also, there are legacy records for:

Undying Legacy of the First Ones (last years Free RPG Day NeoExodus scenario): https://www.rpgnow.com/product/103253/NeoExodus-Adventures%3A-Undying-Legacy-of-the-First-Ones-%28PFRPG%29?term=undying+legacy
And, Origin of Man: https://www.rpgnow.com/product/110130/NeoExodus-Adventures%3A-Origin-of-Man-%28PRPG%29?term=origin+of+man

So that is 5 scenarios available for NeoExodus legacies now, plus more in the pipeline...

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2013, 17:04
Ah, didn't know about those two being playable either. I've been considering running a demo of this at a local convention I always go to. Depending on when games would run, I would definitely be interested, been itching to play a soul knife. I haven't looked at very much at Dreamscarred Press' Psionics books yet.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 17:05
All right! :D Say thanks to JP for me.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 17:09
Ah, didn't know about those two being playable either. I've been considering running a demo of this at a local convention I always go to. Depending on when games would run, I would definitely be interested, been itching to play a soul knife. I haven't looked at very much at Dreamscarred Press' Psionics books yet.

How 'bout a demo in FG?

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2013, 18:22
Do you know if anyone has done the psionics as a module for pathfinder? At this point I am still reading through campaign setting.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 18:25
Psionics is handled in the Cavian Sourcebook. Most races don't have access to Psionics, save the Cavian. If you want a Psionisist look there.;)

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 18:33
Cavians are the main psionic race as S Ferguson mentions.

Janissary Monks also get Psionic Training.

A NeoExodus scenario is being brought out by LPJ Design for the Dreamscarred Press Psionics Unleashed Kickstarter that centres around psionics. It's a fun scenario to play and has some interesting decisions the PCs have to make that will affect their interactions in future.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 18:37
What was I thinking? Ignore the last post. I usually use Psionics Unleashed. Which can be obtained through RPGNow or DriveThruRPG.com. Some cool stuff in there. And thanks for the correction, Trenloe;). Yes the monks can be Psions as well.

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 18:39
Cavians are the main psionic race as S Ferguson mentions.

Janissary Monks also get Psionic Training.

A NeoExodus scenario is being brought out by LPJ Design for the Dreamscarred Press Psionics Unleashed Kickstarter that centres around psionics. It's a fun scenario to play and has some interesting decisions the PCs have to make that will affect their interactions in future.

This is getting better and better. Keep teasing me with this stuff and my brain will explode. :D

S Ferguson
February 6th, 2013, 21:28
OH, and the best way to get acquainted with the world is through the freebies: NeoExodus Chronicles, and The World of NeoExodus. They sum up the path we finders take.

Mgrancey
February 8th, 2013, 18:16
I don't suppose that you're looking for players?

S Ferguson
February 8th, 2013, 18:22
I'm looking for a group of people interested and familiar with the setting. Whomever becomes GM would be decided once a core group is established. Personally I've been dying to play a Sasori Gunslinger....