PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop question

Booker Grimm
January 15th, 2013, 22:31
My players and I play in a face to face game, with me as the DM using a laptop. They physically roll their attack and damage.

At the moment I have to scan through the tracker to find the players' target and then update the wounds section, which becomes a minor hassle when there are a lot of NPCs.

Is there a way that I type a numeric value into the chat window and drag and drop it onto a token linked to the CT - this would make things a lot easier?

Willot
January 15th, 2013, 23:10
My players and I play in a face to face game, with me as the DM using a laptop. They physically roll their attack and damage.

At the moment I have to scan through the tracker to find the players' target and then update the wounds section, which becomes a minor hassle when there are a lot of NPCs.

Is there a way that I type a numeric value into the chat window and drag and drop it onto a token linked to the CT - this would make things a lot easier?

errr I guess you could create a dummy character.

Under the action tab add a dummy weapon,
expand out the damage details (the magniflying glass)
type a damage amount into the damage details of the dummy weapon
then drag that over to the token on a map or directly into the CT.

And keep the dummy character open with her/his dummy weapon so you can continue to type in and drag over damage amounts.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2013, 23:19
The problem is that the drag/drop has to have the type associated with it (damage for example) otherwise you're just dragging a number and FG doesn't know what to do with it.

Willot might have a solution for you with the dummy PC.

Willot
January 16th, 2013, 00:32
The problem is that the drag/drop has to have the type associated with it (damage for example) otherwise you're just dragging a number and FG doesn't know what to do with it.

Willot might have a solution for you with the dummy PC.

mmm maybe a / command might be handy

syntax /DMG [Amt] [Type] [From] [Target]

so like /DMG 13 Slashing Trenloe Willot

or /DMG 23 Fire Trap Willot