PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2ed game

Garignak
January 15th, 2013, 00:03
I do miss the the old system with THAC0. I was wondering if anyone is playing or is looking to start and AD&D game? My games times are pretty open right now available in afternoons and more on the weekends. Im EST US timezone.

dr_venture
January 15th, 2013, 01:23
I'd strongly suggest you check out Castles & Crusades - I think you'd find a *lot* there to like... assuming you can find an open game. There's no THACO, but I believe it's kinda similar. It's and excellent old school D&D hybrid. The free quickstart rules can be found here - I'm sure it'll look very familiar:

https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/tlg2010quickstartpdf.pdf

Garignak
January 15th, 2013, 06:49
Thanks I'll check it out.

Dershem
January 15th, 2013, 22:26
I second C&C as my favorite d20 game!

leozelig
January 16th, 2013, 03:56
I am running an AD&D 1st ed. game using the (free) OSRIC ruleset. We have been playing a bunch of classic modules over the past several months... currently Oasis of the White Palm.

We are going to finish out the Desert of Desolation series with Lost Tomb of Martek, followed by White Plume Mountain. Or maybe something else... ;)

Date / Time: Wednesdays 8:30 pm - 12:00 am ET (GMT -5)
Voice Chat: Ventrilo
Source Material: AD&D 1st ed. PHB (or OSRIC if you don't have the PHB)
Setting: Greyhawk
Players: 6 (7 PCs + 1 NPC)
Levels: 5-7

Send me a PM if you want to join us...

Gold
July 23rd, 2013, 23:48
I am also looking for D&D Basic types (OD&D), or AD&D 1E and 2E to try on here.

I'm already talking with leozelig and joining his 1st edition / OSRIC.

Anyone else got games, open slots, or ideas for this type of gaming on FG? I am new on FG and recently installed it looking for games in these old-school D&D systems.

zohnnyg
July 25th, 2013, 11:28
id like to join too. any class and race is fine. im in pacific time california usa. ill play any d&d rulesets.