PDA

View Full Version : How do we switch between NPC & GM Chat tabs?

pauljmendoza
January 14th, 2013, 09:38
I know there is a new /gmid renaming function, but how do you re-select the white GM chat tab at the bottom once you have selected an NPC to be chatting through? It seems to no longer be a selection by clicking.

Griogre
January 14th, 2013, 10:21
The /gmid is not meant to be used to represent NPCs. Its suppose to be so you can "permanently" change GM to DM or CK or whatever the gamemaster is called in the RPG you are running. When you only have one id "bubble" then you can't change the id.

To create NPCs names that you can switch between use the /identity command or /id for short, ie /id Fredric. The /id creates another white "bubble" called Fredric so you would now have GM and Fredric and you could now switch between them by clicking as needed. You can keep adding as many NPCs as you want/need.

pauljmendoza
January 14th, 2013, 17:15
To be a little clearer, my problem is though I can switch through the white NPC bubbles at a click, I can no longer select the initial GM assigned tab once I click on an NPC tab.

Griogre
January 14th, 2013, 17:54
Which ruleset are you using? I did a fast test with the 4E, 3.5, SW and had no problems. I did find a problems with a very old DA C&C development build and the Generic Ruleset though so it would seem to be some problem with some of the older rulesets.

pauljmendoza
January 14th, 2013, 19:36
All of my rulesets are over a year old, though I did update to the newest version of Fantasy Grounds, perhaps I need to re-install the game and it's rulesets. I was using Rolemaster and NWOD

Griogre
January 15th, 2013, 18:41
For those following along the problem seems to be the mod box on the bottom overlaps the first (GM) id which makes it unclickable where the mod box overlaps. The work around is to click the GM id at the left edge of the white "bubble" where it is not under the Modifier Box. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=141033&postcount=13 (Dakadin: Edited to point the link to the right location)

pauljmendoza
January 15th, 2013, 18:49
That seems to be a workaround all around.