PDA

View Full Version : PFS Sanctioned Module: The Feast Of Ravenmoor

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 06:54
Sunday 20th January 6.00pm GMT
Sunday 27th January 6.00pm GMT
Sunday 3rd February 6.00pm GMT
Character levels 3-4. (You could play this at 2nd level but it would be very difficult. The core of the party needs to be at 3rd)
Each session will run for 4-5 hours. The final session may be extended if necessary to finish.

For decades, the tiny village of Ravenmoor has existed quietly on the upper reaches of the Lampblack River, far from the centers of civilization in Varisia. Linked to the outside world only by an overgrown, mostly forgotten trail, the villagers are comfortable with their isolation. Their ways are humble, quaint, and at times odd, and when travelers come, they find the town awkward and unmemorable. Certainly, the lack of a village inn, the oppressive humidity, and the bug-infested moors and swamps that surround the village do little to encourage visitors. When a clerk in the city of Magnimar discovers that, due to a clerical error, the village of Ravenmoor hasn’t paid taxes in years, a tax collector is sent to the distant community to settle accounts with its mayor. When the tax collector fails to return, however, a group of adventurers must travel to the town during its Founders’ Feast celebration to investigate his disappearance. Did he really make off with the taxes for himself, as the villagers suspect? Or did he never make it out of Ravenmoor at all?

This is a sanctioned module and will run differently than normal PFS scenarios. It will be played over 3 sessions and a chronicle sheet will be awarded at the end of the adventure.

To play, you need to be available on all 3 dates and sign up in blood hehe. This is the first time I have tried to run a sanctioned module here and I really want it to work. I think sanctioned modules offer something with more depth than the one session missions and it will have more of a 'campaign' feel to it.

There are several differences to the way that sanctioned modules. Most notably:

Your character will be 'locked' into the module once they start play and that character will be unable to play other PFS sessions until the module has been completed.

You will not have a faction mission, but you will be awarded 4 prestige and 3 XP for completing the module.

More information about sanctioned modules can be found in your organized play guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4)

Please post you characters and previous chronicles to this thread and sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=975)

The Feast of Ravenmoor awaits...

Trueshots
January 14th, 2013, 07:21
Im in, After hawks game on Wednesday, that will put me at lvl 3. If that were to fall through for some reason, could I go to the 1st game at level 2 and lvl to 3 before the last 2 games? Thanks!

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 07:33
Is the Tuesday game being played in two parts? If so, you will get stuck :(

Also, you get the chronicle at the end of the Feast of Ravenmoor module so you won't level up until the end of teh final session when you will get 3 xp in one go.

If you want to play and cant get a character available, you could play a pregen character and then apply the chronicle to Lia when she reached 3rd level.

Trueshots
January 14th, 2013, 07:35
If you want to play and cant get a character available, you could play a pregen character and then apply the chronicle to Lia when she reached 3rd level.
Roger that, I think your right. Think Hawk said it was two parts. I play a pregen if needed.

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 07:37
3 xp will be a nice boost for her

Trueshots
January 14th, 2013, 07:56
3 xp will be a nice boost for her
Yes that why I want to make sure I get in.

DAWPage
January 14th, 2013, 12:54
If there is an opening, and depending on party makup, I will play my ranger or a pregen.

Dave (Keese)

Trenloe
January 14th, 2013, 18:11
There still seems to be confusion about using PFS pregens:

When you play a PFS pregen, you get to apply the chronicle when you get to the level of the pregen played (or apply the chronicle to a brand new level 1 PC). PFS legal pregens are available in level 1, 4 and 7 flavours - you can only use the PFS legal pregens available on the Paizo website. If a pregen is used for Feast of Ravenmoor, level 4 will have to be used - thus the player will have to wait until one of their PCs reaches level 4 before they can apply the chronicle, not level 3.

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 18:52
Oh yes, good point. You'd have to wait till 4th then.

In either case, I have been thinking about the use of pregens in general. I think they should really be used as a last resort to either enable players to meet the minimum table size or to allow new players to try out pfs at level one. I think it is much better for players to play their own characters rather than pregens too.

I want to see higher level pfs characters on here and this was one of the main reason I built this module rather than murder's mark which would run at level 1-2.(I will do murders mark at some point though). I would rather the chronicle for this module was used to level up existing characters rather than have to wait to apply it to another character when (and if) they reach the appropriate level.

Also, I am not sure it would be fair to have players playing a level 3 module at level 4 with a pregen.

So for these reasons, I am going to give priority to players with characters of the appropriate level. Sorry Trueshots, I will run it again so I am sure you will play it soon

acyd69
January 14th, 2013, 22:43
Signed up. I will upload Silizam's xml and last chronicle soon. I want to make sure the xml is all good to go. Should have it up in the next couple of days.

He is level 3 Earth Wizard elf.

Rose Claymore
January 15th, 2013, 19:03
I'm signed up!

I'll let Trystan know she can accept the invite once she's home from work.

Currently we are both 3rd level, but since we're not starting until Sunday, there's a chance we might level up to 4th (and is the only reason why I haven't sent you any xml or previous chronicle sheets).

acyd69
January 15th, 2013, 20:50
Sorry guys, work came up and I am going to have to drop. Hope to see some of you in other games.

Skellan
January 15th, 2013, 21:09
no worries, thanks for letting me know

Tinculin
January 16th, 2013, 00:07
Maeyher looks out over the bow of dread pirate Wirbles boat after a few weeks of playing pirates, spinning around and looking excited she approaches her Gnomish adventuring companion...

Hey Wirble, Let's go adventuring together with Iluriel in Ravenmoor....

Had lots of fun playing pirates with you...will you come wirble... pleeeease?????!!!!

Don't be a stick in the mud, come join the party!!!!

Rose Claymore
January 16th, 2013, 05:16
Er... Um.... Wirbel wasn't coming along on this one I'm afraid. :(

Introducing (dun dun dun)... Ryoichi!

Ryoichi is a sorcerer with a talent for enchantment and distaste for violence. He comes from the Dragon Empires, though with a face generic enough it's difficult for even natives of Tian Xia to determine exactly where he's from. He is extremely social, attempting to join in the events of any type of gathering at every opportunity. He is often seen smiling widely as if truly enjoying whatever it is he is doing, even if it's nothing. The only time he doesn't smile is in the presence of violence or its aftermath.

Rose Claymore
January 16th, 2013, 05:18
Ryoichi is really good at disguises though, so he could pretend to be Wirbel until someone wondered why he was so tall. :D

Trueshots
January 16th, 2013, 18:30
Skellan, I'm still willing to play a Pregen if you can't fill that 6th slot :) Just wanted to be abundantly clear on that :)

Skellan
January 16th, 2013, 18:47
Sure, you'd be welcome. I just want to give priority to pc's over pregens first.

DAWPage
January 18th, 2013, 12:37
Something came up, so I can't play on the 27th now :(, so, I'm out.

Dave

Skellan
January 18th, 2013, 13:44
Oh well, thanks for letting me know

Skellan
January 19th, 2013, 20:22
I still need characters and chronicles for Dust Raven, Trystan and Zefir please.

Trueshots is set to play a pregen, do you have a preference which?

Rose Claymore
January 20th, 2013, 02:30
Trystan and I just got back from our local game.

I still need to actually build my character (entirely GM credit, this will be his first time seeing actual play). I think Trystan needs to apply her last chronicle sheet to Cho as well (and both of need to get a proper scan of our last chronicle sheets). We can definitely get xml files to you later this evening and hopefully the chronicle sheets as well, which need to be scanned.

Rose Claymore
January 20th, 2013, 04:25
Here we go, since I've got HeroLab on my laptop, I've got both Trystan's and my own characters ready:

Ryoichi is mine.

Cho is Trystan's

We still need our chronicle sheets scanned, but that requires a different computer. :( We can get you screenshots of our scenario lists from paizo if you need something right away though.

Skellan
January 20th, 2013, 09:52
Could you just take a photo of them with a phone camera?

I have to be a stickler about chronicles as in the past it has taken me ages to chase up chronicles sheets for players after the game and this gets a headache as I run so many sessions.

Skellan
January 20th, 2013, 09:55
There is one spot left in this session if anyone else wants to play

Sunday 20th January 6.00pm GMT
Sunday 27th January 6.00pm GMT
Sunday 3rd February 6.00pm GMT
Character levels 3-4. (You could play this at 2nd level but it would be very difficult. The core of the party needs to be at 3rd)
Each session will run for 4-5 hours. The final session may be extended if necessary to finish.

For decades, the tiny village of Ravenmoor has existed quietly on the upper reaches of the Lampblack River, far from the centers of civilization in Varisia. Linked to the outside world only by an overgrown, mostly forgotten trail, the villagers are comfortable with their isolation. Their ways are humble, quaint, and at times odd, and when travelers come, they find the town awkward and unmemorable. Certainly, the lack of a village inn, the oppressive humidity, and the bug-infested moors and swamps that surround the village do little to encourage visitors. When a clerk in the city of Magnimar discovers that, due to a clerical error, the village of Ravenmoor hasn’t paid taxes in years, a tax collector is sent to the distant community to settle accounts with its mayor. When the tax collector fails to return, however, a group of adventurers must travel to the town during its Founders’ Feast celebration to investigate his disappearance. Did he really make off with the taxes for himself, as the villagers suspect? Or did he never make it out of Ravenmoor at all?

This is a sanctioned module and will run differently than normal PFS scenarios. It will be played over 3 sessions and a chronicle sheet will be awarded at the end of the adventure.

To play, you need to be available on all 3 dates and sign up in blood hehe. This is the first time I have tried to run a sanctioned module here and I really want it to work. I think sanctioned modules offer something with more depth than the one session missions and it will have more of a 'campaign' feel to it.

There are several differences to the way that sanctioned modules. Most notably:

Your character will be 'locked' into the module once they start play and that character will be unable to play other PFS sessions until the module has been completed.

You will not have a faction mission, but you will be awarded 4 prestige and 3 XP for completing the module.

More information about sanctioned modules can be found in your organized play guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4)

Please post you characters and previous chronicles to the game forum thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18032) and sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=975)

The Feast of Ravenmoor awaits...

Rose Claymore
January 20th, 2013, 16:09
No problem. Scanner is up and running now.

Macgreine
January 20th, 2013, 18:12
This sounds like fun could I play a pre-gen?

Rose Claymore
January 20th, 2013, 18:33
Here is Lily, Ryoichi's thrush familiar.

Trystan Laryssa
January 20th, 2013, 18:51
This should work.

Zephyr_Saxon
January 20th, 2013, 20:55
I would love to if my character was a high enough level. Sally i am not. Hope it goes well though

Skellan
January 20th, 2013, 23:27
Thanks for the session everyone. Next week the town of Ravenmoor will run red with blood ....

(Sorry for the people who missed out on this session. I will run it again soon so I am sure you get to play it)

Tinculin
January 28th, 2013, 19:11
Thanks for the module Skellan.

Was very good - reminded me in several occassions of a twist on the Wicker Man :)

I think modules are a great way to add a more 'campaign' feel to the PFS & look forward to playing more.

I think the climax of the scenario was quite funny with Maeyher & Illuriel making some fantastic rolls to kill the final monster before the fight really got started!

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 01:49
Well it was a bloodbath as promised!

Your characters and chronicles for the session are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1ha1p0phwraot1/5A6Cg-LWbH)

I will sign them when you say they are in order and whether you have any purchases

That module fit nicely into two sessions, so it was great for 3 xp for you all

Thanks for playing, hope you all had fun

Rose Claymore
January 29th, 2013, 04:26
A few errors on mine, though one is obviously my fault. Ryoichi's Fame should be 16 to start, though he does have 9 total PP (he spent 2 on a jade wayfinder and 5 on a porter to carry his stuff). He'd have a total of 20 fame and 13 PP at the end of The Feast of Ravenmoor.

Minor kinda thing, but his name is spelled with a "y". Ryo rather than Rio. :)

Something seems to be figuring the total gold at the end weird, but I'm hoping that will correct itself when figuring in my purchases.

Speaking of purchases, only a few, but powerful choices.

2 Oils of Bless Weapon (@ 25 gp each) 50 gp
1 Wand of Magic Missile (CL 5, 50 charges) 3750 gp*

This should leave me with a total of 1636 gp

*The chronicle with the wand is Scenario #55 The Infernal Vault which I've already sent you.

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 12:41
Ok, you are signed and sealed :)

Rose Claymore
January 29th, 2013, 12:48
Ok, you are signed and sealed :)
Err... I started with 16 Fame and 9 PP. You have me starting with 20/13. Everything else looks good.

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 12:52
ok, fixed :)

Rose Claymore
January 29th, 2013, 13:06
Yeah!

Thank you!

And thanks for the awesome run of the module. It had a much less rushed feeling to it and it seemed there was more story to it than a typical scenario or group of scenarios. I'm open to more if you have them! :)

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 13:15
Phew, chronicle sheets are a pain in the a*se

Glad you liked it, I enjoyed running it too. I will definitely do another soon. I am really pleased everyone showed up for both sessions, it was my main concern with running modules that we may end up with partial chronicles or even be unable to finish if the group drops below legal table size. That didnt happen though which is awesome. I think I will just run scenarios for players with a few games under. their belt.
I may do carrion hill next...

Tinculin
January 30th, 2013, 00:42
Hi,

Similarly, you've spelt Maeyhers name wrong :)

Maeyher will make the following purchases:
Bracers of Falcon's Aim - 4000gp
Alchemists Fire x 5 - 100gp
Masterwork Tools [Perform:Singing] Collection of lyrical masterpieces - 50gp
Masterwork Tools [Knowledge:Arcana] An Arcane Encyclopedia - 50gp
Masterwork Tools [Knowledge:Religion] A Religious Encyclopedia - 50gp
Total - 4,250gp

Used:
Alchemists Fire x2
Wand of cure light wounds - charges x12

Trystan Laryssa
February 9th, 2013, 06:52
Sorry so late... had a busy week with the overtime and all.

Cho looks good. Just needs a signature.

Thanks for another awesome game!

Rose Claymore
February 9th, 2013, 13:59
2 Oils of Bless Weapon (@ 25 gp each) 50 gp

I just noticed I listed a price for scrolls rather than potions/oils. I don't think I need a re-do but on my printed sheet I've noted it as a purchase of only 1 Oil rather than 2.

Skellan
February 9th, 2013, 16:33
I enjoyed it too.

You are all signed and sealed :) I'll run another soon

Trystan Laryssa
February 9th, 2013, 17:18
Thanks much!