PDA

View Full Version : Bug: High Crits and Maximizing Dice

Nabikasu
January 14th, 2013, 06:22
I posted on this subject before but was unable to verify the situation that it occurs in for some time. But this time I believe I know what the problem is.

Essentially, if a weapon is entered as having High Crit, but then extra damage dice are added to that character's roll through an effect line (DMG: 2d8), then when critical damage is rolled for that weapon, the High Crit dice, rather than the extra damage, will be maximized, and the extra damage will be rolled as though High Crit dice should be.

Example: Level 1 Ranger with a non-magic scimitar criticals on his Quarry target.

If his normal damage is 1d8+4+1d6 (Scimitar+Strength+Hunter's Quarry), then on a critical he would normally deal 18+1d8 damage (maximized base damage is 8 + 4 + 6, then 1d8 from High Crit).

Currently instead, the critical attack would be 8 + 4 + 8 + 1d6, the High Crit die being maximized while the DMG: 1d6 effect gained through Hunter's Quarry being rolled normally.

As far as I know, High Crit functions normally if there are no extra damage die effects. Note this only happens with DMG: 1d6, say, and not DMG: 6; it's only when extra dice are added.

I can get some screenshots if necessary.