PDA

View Full Version : Error with Selecting Character, Mac

Parnash
January 14th, 2013, 02:29
Whenever I try to join a server, and select a character, nothing happens. Now, when I try to sign in, the rest of the characters aren't showing up. I also get this error when I try to make a new character: 'Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/charlist_client_entry_base...."]:9: requestIdentity: Specified identity already requested'

I am also currently on a Mac.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2013, 03:16
The script error you are encountering when making a new character is usually because another player in the game has already taken ownership of a character with that name. Try naming the character with a different name from what you have used before or another player may be using. Perhaps get the GM to tell you the names of all of the characters currently in the FG campaign - so you know you are creating a unique name.

Also, if you sign into a game and no characters are showing up then it means that either the FG campaign doesn't have any characters for you to play or, more likely, all of the characters are taken (owned) by other players. If you log in with a different player name, you will not have access to the characters you used before as they will still be "owned" by the player name you used before. Ask the GM to check who owns each character and clear ownership of the characters you've used before. Or, better yet, ask the GM to tell you the player name you used before to take ownership of a character and log into their game using that player name.

Parnash
January 14th, 2013, 08:01
There seems to be a new problem. Whenever I try to select a character that I'm allowed to, nothing happens.

Griogre
January 14th, 2013, 09:13
If there is a lot of data being transferred it can take several minutes for the character to actually be assigned to you after you select it. This is most likely to happen at the start of a session where everyone logs in at once and large extentions, rulesets or images have to be share and people are talking on VoIP.

You also might try deleting the FG cache for that campaign - its possible it has gotten corrupt. I'd double check you both have the save version of FG as well.

Parnash
January 14th, 2013, 18:17
I have tried both methods, and even deleting FG and reinstalling it fresh, and I'm still getting problems.

I gave up on Winebottler, and tried using Wineskin, and now I'm getting different problems...