PDA

View Full Version : Need a few replacements for Wed afternoon game (3.5)

xaotik1
January 10th, 2013, 01:42
Hey all. This last holiday season has been rough for a number of the players on my regular Wed afternoon game, and I've had a few openings become available. I run a homebrew sandbox world called Fracturis from 6-10ish (central time) every Wed. It's a 3.5 game, with a few house rules explained in the wiki linked down below. I'm looking for at least 2 more players interested in a RP heavy, player driven game. By player driven, I mean that this game is one where I supply the world, and the players decide what to do, how to do it, and when. This is NOT a module based game, and character interactions are central to the game.

If hack and slash is your mainstay, this is probably not a game for you. I need folks who are willing to give their characters personalities, motivations, quirks, etc. I don't particularly care if you min max, but you can pretty much be assured that you will quickly tire of a one trick pony. Combat is NOT the only thing that goes on here, in fact, lately it's been more of the side show as opposed to the main attraction. Of course, this being your story, if you all decide to go on a killing spree, that's entirely up to you. Just realize that this is a world where randomly going about killing things has consequences.

That being said though, our current group is full of lively and interesting characters. . .a rogueish kobold lackey, whose agility in ingenuity are only matched by his body odor, a mysterious little floating man who seems to wield magic and a katana with equal ease, a dark and mysterious dragonborn with the unsettling habit of collecting corpses, and our resident captain, a half giant of unusual temperament, wielding a harpoon with unusual flair.

I'd say more on these folks, but frankly, finding out who they are, where they come from, and what their motivations are is something I leave up to your character in game. Far more interesting to leave their abilities and personalities up for investigation.

The setting itself is homebrew, as I mentioned before. In a nutshell, a thousand years ago, a great war broke out at which time the world itself was torn to pieces. As the planet itself exploded, outside forces arranged for time to stop momentarily, locking the bits and pieces of ruptured landforms into relatively stable orbits around the still molten core. Two major landmasses remained largely intact and they remain stationary at the poles, all the mass inbetween these two continents orbit in a wide stretched belt of floating chunks of rock and suck. Civilization as it was know was destroyed for the most part, and many nations simply vanished in the chaos that ensued.

A thousand years of strife and struggle remained for those with the power and will to survive. Settlements came and went, nations rose and fell as the various powers laid claim to their own floating bit of territory in the belt. Age old remnants of the ancient battle still lurk in the broken remains of the world, magics both old and new prosper and flourish in the mobile landscape. . . all in all, a wonderful place to be for those with a bent for exploration, for the curious looking into the past, for the knowledgeable few looking to the future, for power hungry looking for a place to claim as their own, and for the traveling merchants who keep the rest in business.

For a more detailed look at the world and for character creation information, please go to my wiki at: https://fracturis.wikispaces.com/

I do not require you to play as any alignment, good, evil, neutral. . .entirely up to you. Both classes and races are pretty much wide open, and all I ask is that you consider that this is a group story. You each have the opportunity to do pretty much whatever you want, but you MUST be able to work within a group. I'm open to pretty much anything, as I said this is MY world, but it is YOUR story.

Ah. . .a last little bit. We use voice chat during th game, typically Skype or my Mumble server. Both of those programs are free to use, and will be required to play. If you are not willing to talk, please do not apply. Frankly, typing it all out simply takes too long and slows down the pace of the game. Also, I do NOT have ultimate, so you're going to have to provide your own players edition to join in, sorry. . .just the way it is at the moment :)

xaotik1
January 12th, 2013, 17:13
Thanks for the messages folks. I've picked up a pair of players that should mesh just fine with the current group.