PDA

View Full Version : Effects library

Pages : [1] 2

graphil
January 9th, 2013, 22:38
Has anyone built up an effects library for all the spells for 35e?
Something that I could cut and paste into the effects window rather than having to work them out.
So things like prayer, bless, haste etc.

Below is a WIP list of the effects you can paste in. Many thanks to Callum for the list.

Barbarian's Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will,morale; AC: -2
Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 will,morale; AC: -2
Mighty Rage; STR: 8; CON: 8; SAVE: 4 will,morale; AC: -2
Inspire Courage; ATK: 1 morale; DMG: 1 morale
Inspiring Word
Resistant Touch
Aura of Protection
Charge; AC: -1 - there is also a +2 bonus to a single attack
Fight Defensively; ATK: -4; AC: 2 dodge
Total Defense; AC: 4 dodge
Aid; ATK: 1 morale
Barkskin; AC: 2 natural armor
Bear's Endurance; CON: 4 enhancement
Bless; ATK: 1 morale
Bull's Strength; STR: 4 enhancement
Cat's Grace; DEX: 4 enhancement
Divine Favor; ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck
Divine Power; STR: 6 enhancement
Eagle's Splendor; CHA: 4 enhancement
Enlarge Person; STR: 2 size; DEX: -2 size; ATK: -1; AC: -1
Fox's Cunning; INT: 4 enhancement
Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement
Heroes' Feast; IMMUNE: poison; ATK: 1 morale; SAVE: 1 morale,will
Heroism; ATK: 2 morale; SAVE: 2 morale; SKILL: 2 morale
Heroism, Greater; ATK: 4 morale; SAVE: 4 morale; SKILL: 4 morale
Holy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
Invisibility - this is already built in to FG
Mage Armor; AC: 4 armor
Magic Fang; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
Magic Fang, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
Magic Vestment; AC: 1 enhancement
Magic Weapon; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
Magic Weapon, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
Owl's Wisdom; WIS: 4 enhancement
Prayer (allies); ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck; SAVE: 1 luck; SKILL: 1 luck
Prayer (foes); ATK: -1; DMG: -1; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1
Protection from Evil; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance - but note that the bonuses only apply against evil creatures
Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2
Reduce Person; STR: -2 size; DEX: 2 size; ATK: 1; AC: 1
Resistance; SAVE: 1 resistance
Righteous Might; STR: 4 size; CON: 2 size; AC: 2 natural armor; DR: 3 evil; AC: -1; ATK: -1
Shield; AC: 4 shield
Shield of Faith; AC: 2 deflection
Shield Other; AC: 1 deflection; SAVE: 1 resistance
Transformation; STR: 4 enhancement; DEX: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement; AC: 4 natural armor; SAVE: 5 competence fortitude
Unholy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
Mutagen
Banner
Lion's Call
Ward

Most of the others are Pathfinder-specific effects, I believe. Things to note:-

All the effects I've detailed are from the 3.5 rules - I haven't checked for differences in the Pathfinder rules.
Many of these have additional effects that can't be represented in the FG effects system (or apply only in certain situations, such as the SR from holy aura).
Many have effects that scale with level - in which case, I've put the minimum effect in the list.
The durations are not included here, but would be in an effect in FG.
Temporary hit points (such as those from aid or heroes' feast) can be added in a spell in FG.

Callum
January 10th, 2013, 13:14
No, although I have wondered about it. The reason I didn't was that having to cut-and-paste the effects seemed a bit crude. Instead, I asked JPG if effects could be added into spells, here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15302). If this functionality was added, we could then start building up an enhanced spells module with the effects already built in!

In the meantime, I'd be happy to contribute the effects I've created to a community resource, if anyone wanted to set one up.

graphil
January 10th, 2013, 20:08
How about paste them here and I will start compiling any into the top post so they are all together?

Trenloe
January 10th, 2013, 21:01
This is a good idea.

One step further - how about compiling them into a module so that they can be available in the "Effects" list window within the FG campaign? The list can be searched for text and the effects can be entered in the form <Name>; <usual effect list> to allow ordering and searching on the condition/effect needed.

The example condition.mod available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=115496&postcount=5 was created as GM only (the data XML file within is db.xml) but if the module created has this file as common.xml and the GM lets the players have access through "module activation" in the campaign then everyone will be able to see the effects in the effects list window.

To create this module it will require a bit of XML editing as effects aren't covered by the usual /export command. But, I think it would be worth the effort to do this so that it can be a reusable reference effects module available to GMs and Players.

Blahness98
January 11th, 2013, 17:29
I wouldn't mind helping build a module, I would just need to understand the syntax on correctly formatting the effect. After that, it would be easy.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2013, 18:00
I wouldn't mind helping build a module, I would just need to understand the syntax on correctly formatting the effect. After that, it would be easy.
The actual effect syntax is the same as usual, for example:

Bless; ATK:1 morale
Prayer (allies); ATK:1 luck;DMG:1 luck; SAVE:1 luck; SKILL:1 luck
Prayer (foes); ATK:-1 luck;DMG:-1 luck; SAVE:-1 luck; SKILL:-1 luck

Within the actual .mod (see the conditions.mod file linked above for an example):

<root version="2.8" release="8">
<effects>
<id-00060>
<adjustment type="number">0</adjustment>
<duration type="number">0</duration>
<isgmonly type="number">0</isgmonly>
<label type="string">Pinned</label>
</id-00060>
<id-00061>
<label type="string">Paralyzed</label>
</id-00061>
Just make a new <id-xxxxx> entries for each effect and put the effect string in the <label> entry, for example:

<effects>
<id-00001>
<label type="string">Prayer (allies); ATK:1 luck;DMG:1 luck; SAVE:1 luck; SKILL:1 luck</label>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<label type="string">Prayer (foes); ATK:-1 luck;DMG:-1 luck; SAVE:-1 luck; SKILL:-1 luck</label>
</id-00002>

Blahness98
January 11th, 2013, 19:14
Well.. I haven't really played around much with effects, so I don't have much experience with the correct syntax. As of right now, I have all the condition examples in the library converted. It would just be everything else that would need to be added with the correct syntax.

Blahness98
January 11th, 2013, 20:26
To create this module it will require a bit of XML editing as effects aren't covered by the usual /export command. But, I think it would be worth the effort to do this so that it can be a reusable reference effects module available to GMs and Players.

This is an understatement.. Considering the amount of effects that could be made, this module will end up being extremely large. It would also have to encompass anything released by Paizo that could be an effect. Just going through the spell lists and finding those will be a pain then take into account multiple levels of enhancements.

graphil
January 11th, 2013, 20:32
What would haste be? I presume it won't be able to do the extra attack.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2013, 20:54
This is an understatement.. Considering the amount of effects that could be made, this module will end up being extremely large. It would also have to encompass anything released by Paizo that could be an effect. Just going through the spell lists and finding those will be a pain then take into account multiple levels of enhancements.
I wasn't suggesting that every possible spell be covered in a module - I was more replying to graphil's post about copy/pasting a compilation into the original post, suggesting that rather than doing that (or in addition to that) to put them in a module for direct use in FG.

Also, there is some spell effect parsing already in Fantasy Grounds - when a spell is drag-dropped onto the spell class. It doesn't recognise all effects and is certainly not infallible, but it does do a good job for a number of spells...

Trenloe
January 11th, 2013, 21:00
What would haste be? I presume it won't be able to do the extra attack.

Haste; ATK:1; AC:1 dodge; SAVE:1 dodge reflex; SPEED:30
The extra attack can't be handled through effects, and the SPEED entry is for reference only.

Gwaihir Scout
January 11th, 2013, 21:38

How about limiting it to the spells in the Buff Deck (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8qae?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Buff-Deck)? It's got the most common. Very helpful in a offline game.

Blahness98
January 11th, 2013, 23:14
How about limiting it to the spells in the Buff Deck (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8qae?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Buff-Deck)? It's got the most common. Very helpful in a offline game.

That would work... That would be the majority of the stuff used most often..

graphil
January 12th, 2013, 09:41
I've updated the first post with the list from the deck as well as the ones already posted by the group. I will keep it up to date as more are submitted.
If someone has time to then build a library off of this it would be great.

Callum
January 12th, 2013, 11:41
Barbarian's Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2
Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 morale will; AC: -2
Mighty Rage; STR: 8; CON: 8; SAVE: 4 morale will; AC: -2
Inspiring Word
Resistant Touch
Aura of Protection
Charge; AC: -2 - there is also a +2 bonus to a single attack
Barkskin; AC: 2 natural
Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement
Heroes' Feast; IMMUNE: poison; ATK: 1 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will
Mage Armor; AC: 4 armor - note that this will stack with an armor bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
Protection from Evil; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance - but note that the bonuses only apply against evil creatures
Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will; AC: -2
Righteous Might; STR: 4 size; CON: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; DR: 3 evil; AC: -1; ATK: -1
Shield; AC: 4 shield - note that this will stack with a shield bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
Transformation; STR: 4 enhancement; DEX: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement; AC: 4 natural; SAVE: 5 competence fortitude
Mutagen
Banner
Lion's Call
Ward

All the effects I've detailed are from the 3.5 rules - I haven't checked for differences in the Pathfinder rules.
Many of these have additional effects that can't be represented in the FG effects system (or apply only in certain situations, such as the SR from holy aura).
Many have effects that scale with level - in which case, I've put the minimum effect in the list.
Temporary hit points (such as those from aid or heroes' feast) can be added in a spell in FG.

JohnD
January 12th, 2013, 16:03
Great list!

Callum
January 12th, 2013, 20:12
There's one other thing to bear in mind - I'm not sure that the natural armor bonuses will stack correctly. The problem is that they're technically enhancement bonuses to natural armor, which don't stack with each other, but do stack with other natural armor bonuses. But if you put them down as enhancement bonuses, then they wouldn't stack with things like magic vestment, although they should! Perhaps someone who's more familiar with the inner working of FG could let us know exactly how this bit of the code works - and, indeed, what the full list of bonus types is for AC modifiers?

Willot
January 12th, 2013, 21:18

Can they? How ya do that?

Callum
January 13th, 2013, 00:07
Can they? How ya do that?
You need to add a Heal Spell Action to the spell, and then set the Type to "TEMP".

Callum
January 13th, 2013, 21:17
Perhaps someone who's more familiar with the inner working of FG could let us know exactly how this bit of the code works - and, indeed, what the full list of bonus types is for AC modifiers?
Trenloe? JPG? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Trenloe
January 13th, 2013, 21:23
Trenloe? JPG? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?
Sorry, I missed the first request... :)

The bonus types across all "powers" (including AC) is defined in \scripts\data_common.lua in the "bonustypes" section:

bonustypes = {
"alchemical",
"armor",
"circumstance",
"competence",
"deflection",
"dodge",
"enhancement",
"insight",
"luck",
"morale",
"natural",
"profane",
"racial",
"resistance",
"sacred",
"shield",
"size"
};

Trenloe
January 13th, 2013, 21:29
Sorry, forgot to add that the next section of data_common.lua lists the bonus types that are "stackable":

stackablebonustypes = {
"circumstance",
"dodge"
};

Callum
January 13th, 2013, 21:46
Excellent, Trenloe, thanks! So do you know what happens if two valid bonus types are given as descriptors in an AC effect (as I've done, in barkskin for example, with "natural armor")?

Trenloe
January 13th, 2013, 21:54
Hhhhmmmm, looking at the underlying code and doing some test...

"AC:2 natural" works fine - it adds +2 to AC on top of any current natural armor entered on the combat tab. Great!

Problem:
"AC:2 shield" adds +2 to AC on top of any current shield bonus. Not great.

It looks like there may be a bug with AC effects stacking with existing AC entries in the combat tab... Unless I'm going mad...

Callum or someone else, could you please do a quick test in FG to confirm the above and I'm not just seeing things with my testing? Thanks very much...

Trenloe
January 13th, 2013, 21:55
Excellent, Trenloe, thanks! So do you know what happens if two valid bonus types are given as descriptors in an AC effect (as I've done, in barkskin for example, with "natural armor")?
It would only read the first word as the bonus type, the second would be taken as the "range" entry which wouldn't match. As per the "descriptors" in the effects label:modifiers table:

[bonus type], [range], opportunity

Callum
January 13th, 2013, 21:58
It looks like there may be a bug with AC effects stacking with existing AC entries in the combat tab... Unless I'm going mad...

Callum or someone else, could you please do a quick test in FG to confirm the above and I'm not just seeing things with my testing? Thanks very much...
No, that's definitely the case - the stacking only takes account of the labels in the Combat Tracker, and ignores the Combat Tab in the character sheet (except to provide the base numbers for initial AC, prior to the application of effects).

Trenloe
January 13th, 2013, 22:36
No, that's definitely the case - the stacking only takes account of the labels in the Combat Tracker, and ignores the Combat Tab in the character sheet (except to provide the base numbers for initial AC, prior to the application of effects).
Wow, never noticed that before... Thanks for confirming.

Callum
January 14th, 2013, 12:54
It would only read the first word as the bonus type, the second would be taken as the "range" entry which wouldn't match. As per the "descriptors" in the effects label:modifiers table:

[bonus type], [range], opportunity
Ah, yes, of course - because none of them are marked as accepting multiple entries. So, if you wanted to specify a bonus type, and that it was for opportunity attacks, but not a range, would you have to put some kind on null entry in-between?

Callum
January 14th, 2013, 13:06
The underlying problem stems from the fact that the "enhancement" bonus in the 3.5E rules is actually five different bonus types: enhancement-to-armor, enhancement-to-natural-armor, enhancement-to-shield, enhancement-to-weapon, and enhancement-to-ability-score! While that works fine for paper-and-pencil play, when you're trying to get a computer to automate bonus stacking (as in FG), you really need to have them all separated out in some way.

Currently, the fact that the FG stacking ignores the Combat Tab details can be used as a work-around for natural armor - effectively making the "natural" bonus type stand in for "enhancement-to-natural-armor". However, this leaves the problem of shield and armor values stacking incorrectly!

Blahness98
January 14th, 2013, 15:46
So, here are all the effects listed in the first post, plus a few other things that I quickly found using the PRD. If any more effects are posted in the first post, I will update the XML to include them.

If any issues come into play, let me know as I have not tested the effects in FG. Just rename the .zip to .mod and drop in your modules folder. Enjoy.

--Edit: Corrected the issue with the module loading. Any more issues, let me know.

EDIT BY MOD: A slightly updated module is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120187&postcount=3 The effects.zip module in this post here has a / in the same, so the module won't be downloaded to remote players, so they won't have access to the cool effects. Use the updated module in the Modules thread and you should be OK.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2013, 18:27
Ah, yes, of course - because none of them are marked as accepting multiple entries. So, if you wanted to specify a bonus type, and that it was for opportunity attacks, but not a range, would you have to put some kind on null entry in-between?
The items in square brackets [] are optional if opportunity is used, so you could have:

AC:2 enhancement ranged opportunity
AC:2 enhancement opportunity
AC:2 opportunity

The [range] entry is optional and can be either "melee" or "ranged" based off the "rangetypes" entry in data_common.lua:

rangetypes = {
"melee",
"ranged"
};

Booker Grimm
January 14th, 2013, 19:34
So, here are all the effects listed in the first post, plus a few other things that I quickly found using the PRD. If any more effects are posted in the first post, I will update the XML to include them.

If any issues come into play, let me know as I have not tested the effects in FG. Just rename the .zip to .mod and drop in your modules folder. Enjoy.

Hmmm. I get an error when I run this...

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 3.5/Pathfinder Effects Library: common.xml - Error on line 831: Error reading end tag.

Blahness98
January 15th, 2013, 03:03
Hmmm. I get an error when I run this...

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 3.5/Pathfinder Effects Library: common.xml - Error on line 831: Error reading end tag.

Corrected this issue. You'll have to redownload the module.

Willot
January 17th, 2013, 01:21
Seems if the developers could get all the little nuisances of effects sorted then it would go along way to making FGII complete.

Still like to see poisons done. Its a BIG part of 3.5/pathfinder the crop up alot. But the effects just cant handle them the way they are.

(Already put it in the wish list)

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 02:10
Ok I'm pretty much computer illiterate. When i download the zip file to my desktop. It was a file containing 2 .xml files. I drug the entire file into my modules folder. Nothing happened and no new module once I restarted. So I assume I did something wrong. It wouldn't let me rename the unzipped file or the zipped file to something else. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

JohnD
January 30th, 2013, 03:56
Ok I'm pretty much computer illiterate. When i download the zip file to my desktop. It was a file containing 2 .xml files. I drug the entire file into my modules folder. Nothing happened and no new module once I restarted. So I assume I did something wrong. It wouldn't let me rename the unzipped file or the zipped file to something else. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
Did you change it from .zip to .mod as per the instructions?

Blahness98
January 30th, 2013, 03:57

You have a pair of options I can think of off the top of my head.

1.) Right click the link to the file and click save as. Instead of Effects.zip save it as Effects.mod. Probably the easiest option.
2.) Go into the folder with the effects.zip and press Alt+T and click folder options. Click the view tab and then uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types." Hit apply and then ok. You should then be able to change the .zip to .mod.

Let me know if either of these doesn't work as I will just send you the file via dropbox.

Blackfoot
February 8th, 2013, 15:33
Does anyone know how IF: and IFT: effects work?
I tried testing them out a bit but I got an error so I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong.
I was wondering if this might be able to be used to do Protection from <Alignment> spells.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2013, 15:40
Does anyone know how IF: and IFT: effects work?
I tried testing them out a bit but I got an error so I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong.
I was wondering if this might be able to be used to do Protection from <Alignment> spells.
See this thread from post #4 onwards: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17412

It doesn't have much use in 3.5E and you won't be able to use it for protection from alignment and such as alignment is not a condition.

Blackfoot
February 8th, 2013, 16:56
I suppose it could be used for some 'fear' effects.. I know that some effects cause increased levels of fear if you are 'shaken' or whatever.
Hmm.. bummer.
Would be cool if you could set an effect of 'evil' or something and then 'IF:evil then AC:2;SAVE:2' or something like that.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2013, 18:03
Would be cool if you could set an effect of 'evil' or something and then 'IF:evil then AC:2;SAVE:2' or something like that.
You'd have to add evil to the condition list in data_common.lua, then (in theory) it would work like that.

Perhaps add align_evil, align_good, align_lawful and align_chaos as conditions?

Blackfoot
February 8th, 2013, 18:47
If it worked... what would the correct syntax be?

Trenloe
February 9th, 2013, 20:27
FG doesn't like underscores (_) in a condition name. But, it works fine with "alignevil", "aligngood", etc..

Example:

Add "alignevil" to the conditions list in data_common.lua
For a Paladin's Smite Evil ability (Paladin level 3, CHA bonus +2) make an effect: Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3
Add a condition to evil creatures of "alignevil".

When the Paladin activates their Smite Evil ability, the GM decides if the target creature is evil and if so adds the alignevil condition to the NPC. The Paladin adds the Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3 effect to their PC, whenever they do an attack or damage to a target (IFT = If Target has the following condition) with the alignevil condition then the effects will occur.

Trenloe
February 9th, 2013, 20:50
Of course, a really nice way to do this would be when an NPC was added to the combat tracker, the current code that calculates effects be modified to look at the alignment of the creature and set GM only visible conditions based off alignment. e.g. a Devil was added to the CT, alignevil and alignlawful were added as GM visible conditions to the creature.

Then a PC could cast Protection from Evil (for example) on themselves and add the following effect:

Protection from Evil; IFT: alignevil; AC:2; SAVE:2
This is something I've just learnt about the IFT conditional effect - it work in reverse too, i.e. "If you are being targeted by a creature with this condition" as well as the normal "If you are targeting a creature with this condition".

Blackfoot
February 9th, 2013, 20:58
What is the difference between the IF and the IFT?

Blackfoot
February 9th, 2013, 21:01
Of course, a really nice way to do this would be when an NPC was added to the combat tracker, the current code that calculates effects be modified to look at the alignment of the creature and set GM only visible conditions based off alignment. e.g. a Devil was added to the CT, alignevil and alignlawful were added as GM visible conditions to the creature.

Then a PC could cast Protection from Evil (for example) on themselves and add the following effect:

Protection from Evil; IFT: alignevil; AC:2; SAVE:2
This is something I've just learnt about the IFT conditional effect - it work in reverse too, i.e. "If you are being targeted by a creature with this condition" as well as the normal "If you are targeting a creature with this condition".Well.. if you are going to bother to mod the 'add to tracker' function.. you might as well leave out the whole condition aspect of it and just have a way to target alignment...
Then you could just go IFT: evil; AC:2; SAVE:2 for protection from evil and it would 'know' what that meant. :)
The monster already knows it is evil without the condition being added to it... just need a way for combat to look it up.

Trenloe
February 9th, 2013, 21:12
The monster already knows it is evil without the condition being added to it... just need a way for combat to look it up.
The mechanism in FG is to use conditions and effects for all things like this.

Have you ever noticed that things like DR, immunities, etc. are parsed when the creature is added to the CT and applied as conditions and effects?

As an example of this, add a Vampire to the CT and you end up with the following effects:

FHEAL: 5; DR: 10 magic and silver; Undead traits; RESIST: 10 cold; RESIST: 10 electricity; DMGTYPE: magic
This allows FG to cover all bases - effects/conditions that are part of the creature statblock and then anything added by spells etc.. You don't want to have to code in 2 places when an effect is being used in combat (i.e. look in the creature statblock and their effects/conditions).

So, in our example, parse out the alignment when it is added to the CT and then you won't have to code to check the alignment in the creature statblock every time an effect needs to be checked.

Condition labels are great - parse them out once and then use them as the label - the underlying code doesn't need to know where to go to check if "alignevil" is valid or not, it just checks to see if the creature has the alignevil condition true or false, simple! :-) No messy parsing through statblocks every time the results of an effect needs to be analysed - do it once when the creature is added to the CT: parse once, use many! :-)

Trenloe
February 9th, 2013, 21:21
What is the difference between the IF and the IFT?
IF means: If the creature with the effect on them has this condition then it is applied. I can't really think of too many 3.5E examples of this - but in 4E there are a few examples, like a barbarians rage being stronger when bloodied. So, the barbarian would have an "IF: bloodied; XXXXX" conditional effect on them,

IFT is as explained in my post above: "If you are being targeted by a creature with this condition" as well as "If you are targeting a creature with this condition" - with my 2 examples of a Paladin's smite evil (targeting a creature with the alignevil condition) and protection from evil (being targeted by a creature with the alignevil condition) - both of these are covered by IFT: alignevil on the Paladin or the recipient of the protection from evil spell.

Willot
February 10th, 2013, 21:18
Is there anyway this could be done?

Type poison (ingested); Save Fortitude DC 14

Frequency 1/minute for 6 minutes

Effect 1d2 Str damage, target can attempt one save to cure a lycanthropy affliction contracted in the past hour; Cure 1 save

How would this effect be added in? Or is it just too complex a situation?

Blackfoot
February 10th, 2013, 21:22
Well.. you can roll the d2 STR loss and apply it as:
Lycanthropy;STR:-2 or whatever...
then keep increasing that number as the victim's STR dwindles.
Plus you can do a Lycanthropy generic effect with a timer that ticks off until they are out of luck... the rest pretty much has to be done manually.

Willot
February 10th, 2013, 21:44
Well.. you can roll the d2 STR loss and apply it as:
Lycanthropy;STR:-2 or whatever...
then keep increasing that number as the victim's STR dwindles.
Plus you can do a Lycanthropy generic effect with a timer that ticks off until they are out of luck... the rest pretty much has to be done manually.

making FG roll an auto save every time their turn in the round comes up might be tricky. But yeah responses I've had before on this sorta thing usually are along the lines or arrrrr errrrrrr *gulp*. I think it requires A bit of modification to the engine itself to get right.
Ive put it on the wish list already but don't hold out much hope.
Strange though poisons are a big part of RPGs

Blackfoot
February 10th, 2013, 21:48
I'm not sure there's a way to trigger an automatic roll with an effect unfortunately.

Winged1
February 11th, 2013, 17:41
Hi guys, I am helping out a player with a Bard and his performances and I read through this thread so I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Is there a way to setup a effect that increases a Charm or Fear save? I can find one for will but I'll bet you can't get more specific than that.

Blackfoot
February 11th, 2013, 17:47
Three options.

Just use the Modifier box when the spell comes up... this is simple and straight forward but doesn't give any info as to what the plus is for.
Use /mod and build it in as a hotkey. (this is probably the best/simplest overall way) /mod +2 Inspire Courage
Build in an effect that has a 'single roll' option... this is similar to the hotkey but more consistent with other bonus effects you are doing as a bard.

All of these require the player to take some action just prior to the save being rolled. If the GM autorolls the saves none of this will be taken into account and unfortunately there really isn't a way to build a save against a specific spell effect.

Winged1
February 11th, 2013, 22:48
Three options.

Just use the Modifier box when the spell comes up... this is simple and straight forward but doesn't give any info as to what the plus is for.
Use /mod and build it in as a hotkey. (this is probably the best/simplest overall way) /mod +2 Inspire Courage
Build in an effect that has a 'single roll' option... this is similar to the hotkey but more consistent with other bonus effects you are doing as a bard.

All of these require the player to take some action just prior to the save being rolled. If the GM autorolls the saves none of this will be taken into account and unfortunately there really isn't a way to build a save against a specific spell effect.

Thanks I think we can work with that.

Blackfoot
February 18th, 2013, 16:16
I was looking for an effect for bonuses to Spell Resistance rolls or Concentration checks in PF.
Anyone know if there is an effect for these?

Trenloe
February 18th, 2013, 17:27
I was looking for an effect for bonuses to Spell Resistance rolls or Concentration checks in PF.
Anyone know if there is an effect for these?
Nope, effects don't cover these.

tahl_liadon
February 21st, 2013, 00:09
would someone please explain the difference between the effects library (effects.mod) and the conditions library (conditions.mod, from another thread).

- why does the conditions in the condition list have the effect name *plus* the effects listed after it -- it's duplicating the effect, in effect :-P
- why is there a need for both?
- if there is a good reason, please enlighten.
- effects is self-explanatory, but how does one use conditions?

thanks in advance.

yours truly,
confused.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2013, 00:32
would someone please explain the difference between the effects library (effects.mod) and the conditions library (conditions.mod, from another thread).

- why does the conditions in the condition list have the effect name *plus* the effects listed after it -- it's duplicating the effect, in effect :-P
- why is there a need for both?
- if there is a good reason, please enlighten.
- effects is self-explanatory, but how does one use conditions?
Conditions.mod was created so that a condition could be quickly dragged to the CT and users would not worry about having to spell the condition correctly. As the condition would be spelled correctly you could be sure that FG will automatically apply the condition modifiers listed in the 3.5E User's Guide under Effects -> Label: Conditions.

You're right, the effects.mod file should not have the condition name and the resulting effects as well - as this will double the effect. For example - "Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged" would give the effect for the condition "Kneeling" (FG automatically includes the modifiers for this condition) and also the "AC: -2 melee" for someone doing a melee attack and so the AC would be -4.

tahl_liadon
February 21st, 2013, 01:08
Conditions.mod was created so that a condition could be quickly dragged to the CT and users would not worry about having to spell the condition correctly. As the condition would be spelled correctly you could be sure that FG will automatically apply the condition modifiers listed in the 3.5E User's Guide under Effects -> Label: Conditions.

You're right, the effects.mod file should not have the condition name and the resulting effects as well - as this will double the effect. For example - "Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged" would give the effect for the condition "Kneeling" (FG automatically includes the modifiers for this condition) and also the "AC: -2 melee" for someone doing a melee attack and so the AC would be -4.

great. i came to similar conclusion as how i would use these mods. thank you for clarification.

Callum
July 16th, 2013, 14:48
Within the actual .mod (see the conditions.mod file linked above for an example):

<effects>
<id-00060>
<label type="string">Pinned</label>
</id-00060>
<id-00061>
<label type="string">Paralyzed</label>
</id-00061>

Does anyone know what the <adjustment> tag refers to? If I make new effects from within FG, they don't have this tag, no matter what options I select. (They can also have <apply> and <unit> tags, in addition to those shown here.)

Trenloe
July 16th, 2013, 15:06
Does anyone know what the <adjustment> tag refers to? If I make new effects from within FG, they don't have this tag, no matter what options I select. (They can also have <apply> and <unit> tags, in addition to those shown here.)
I think this is a legacy value from over ruleset versions where effects had an adjustment value (usually -1) then indicated what happened to the duration each round. -1 would decrease the duration by 1. I think this has been removed in 3.5e and 4 because there's really no real need/use for it.

Callum
July 16th, 2013, 15:19
Thanks, Trenloe. So if I was making an updated version of this module, would there be any negative consequences to me omitting those <adjustment> tags?

Trenloe
July 16th, 2013, 15:57
Thanks, Trenloe. So if I was making an updated version of this module, would there be any negative consequences to me omitting those <adjustment> tags?
Not for the current ruleset, no. It would only be if someone with a much older 3.5e/d20 ruleset tried to use them, they'd have to manually put the adjustment in the CT when they added the effect from the library.

Callum
July 23rd, 2013, 17:07
Okay, as a follow-up to this, what does the ACTN attribute do? It's not mentioned in the documentation. (I'm assuming that the ROLL attribute has replaced ONCE, with the same functionality.)

Blackfoot
July 23rd, 2013, 18:03
My 'guess' is that it will apply to a full attack where a 'ROLL' only applies to the first roll. Am I right? Do I get the prize? :)

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2013, 22:39
Yes, yes you do.

It's specifically for modifiers designed to be applied to a set of rolls, as opposed to the next roll.

Regards,
JPG

Callum
July 30th, 2013, 13:42

Here's an updated version of the Effects module, with the duplication of effects on built-in conditions removed, and some text added to outline the parts of the condition that FG doesn't handle.

Callum
August 18th, 2013, 22:00
Here's another update, with charge corrected to -2 AC / +2 ATK, and separated out into two effects to allow for the differing durations.

jshauber
August 23rd, 2013, 14:46
I am new to FG and seem to have most things down thru trial and error and watching youtube vids as guides. One thing that still eludes me is the effects and how to apply them.

I downloaded and unzipped the file but not sure what to do with it next? It doesn't show up in my library and I am not sure how to get them into the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is about the last hurdle I need to get over to really enjoy all aspects of the program.

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2013, 15:06
I am new to FG and seem to have most things down thru trial and error and watching youtube vids as guides. One thing that still eludes me is the effects and how to apply them.

I downloaded and unzipped the file but not sure what to do with it next? It doesn't show up in my library and I am not sure how to get them into the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is about the last hurdle I need to get over to really enjoy all aspects of the program.These are not exactly 'necessary' they are just a way of making use of some of the effects found on the FG Library Page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp). This looks like you actually don't want to 'unzip' it.... you should change the .zip extension to .mod and put it in your 'modules' folder. Then, inside FG, go to the Library and activate it as a module. After that these effects should be available when you click your effects button at the upper right of the screen.
Effects in general can be easily made by using the information on the web page I pointed to above. These effects can be added to spells to be applied to characters during combat. I'm pretty good with these and would be glad to give a tutorial sometime if anyone is interested.

Illrigger
September 12th, 2013, 22:37
So I think I am being dense, but how does this mod work? One of our players is a Barbarian, so I drag the Barbarian Rage item from the list onto their character in the combat tracker. It shows up on the list, I can click the on/off item on it, but it doesn't seem to do anything - STR/CON stay the same, as does the AC. Am I missing a step? Or does this merely work as a countdown tracker and I have to create a /Mod shortcut that applies the changes myself?

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 22:44
So I think I am being dense, but how does this mod work? One of our players is a Barbarian, so I drag the Barbarian Rage item from the list onto their character in the combat tracker. It shows up on the list, I can click the on/off item on it, but it doesn't seem to do anything - STR/CON stay the same, as does the AC. Am I missing a step? Or does this merely work as a countdown tracker and I have to create a /Mod shortcut that applies the changes myself?
Effects only come into play when a roll is made - so STR will only apply to attack, damage and strength based skill checks. DEX will be applied to ranged attacks, dexterity based skill checks and will also modify AC when attacks are made against that the person with the DEX effect active.

Make a few rolls and you should see something like [EFFECTS: +2] in the chat window when the roll is reported.

This means that you have to make the appropriate rolls from the character sheet/NPC sheet/CT for the effect to kick in.

Illrigger
September 12th, 2013, 22:49
Ah, that makes sense. I guess it means adding temporary hit points manually when Rage kicks off, but I can deal with that. Thanks!

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 22:53
I guess it means adding temporary hit points manually when Rage kicks off, but I can deal with that. Thanks!
Don't use temporary hit points as these are used up first when damage is dealt to the Barbarian - see this thread (and the one it links) for more info on this (post #7 in particular): www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19546-Adding-a-barbarian-rage-quot-button-spell-effect-quot

jshauber
September 12th, 2013, 23:24

What Trenloe said...plus it does not change any values on the character sheet.

Best thing I am finding is to just play around with stuff for a bit, maybe get someone to log on and be a player so you can see things live. Trial and error is working for me. Just putting in the effects and trying them shows me syntax errors so I know how things should be constructed.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 23:28
Best thing I am finding is to just play around with stuff for a bit, maybe get someone to log on and be a player so you can see things live. Trial and error is working for me. Just putting in the effects and trying them shows me syntax errors so I know how things should be constructed.
You can also simulate a player logging in by starting another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM running the campaign and connect (join game) with a host address of localhost - this will load up as player and will allow the GM to see what the player sees and can control a PC from the player side.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2014, 19:55
For those of you who are interested in effects I've thrown together an extension for the 3.0 PFRPG ruleset that adds alignment as a condition. This allows the IFT (IF Target) conditional effect to be used for alignments (if the alignment has manually been added as a condition to the target), allowing things like a Paladin's smite evil to be coded as an effect and only trigger if the target is of a specific alignment - based off the manually added alignment condition.

See this post for details and the extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20502-new-weapon&p=168789&viewfull=1#post168789

Blackfoot
June 8th, 2014, 02:46
I can't seem to get knowledge skill bonuses to work anymore.. am I doing it wrong or is it broken? Anyone know?
I've tried:
SKILL:1 knowledge arcana
SKILL:1 knowledge (arcana)
SKILL:1 knowledge:arcana
SKILL:1 knowledge [arcana]
I'm sure I had this working before at some point.. but it just won't seem to work.. anyone know what I'm doin wrong?

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2014, 02:13
It's not you. There were some minor changes to the effects system to adapt to all the other damage and heal changes, and multi word skill bonuses broke. Working on a patch.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2014, 03:15
It's not you. There were some minor changes to the effects system to adapt to all the other damage and heal changes, and multi word skill bonuses broke. Working on a patch.

Cheers,
JPG
Ah. Ok great. Thanks!

sukEEt
June 16th, 2014, 08:05
when you open them, it will show up in your effects window. there should be an icon on the bottom of the window, on the frame

Trenloe
June 16th, 2014, 16:18
there should be an icon on the bottom of the window, on the frame
The effects window doesn't have tabs like the main campaign data lists do.

DirtyPony
August 11th, 2014, 14:48
When i use effect
PCOVER: [-] [ranged]
and someone do any attack on target with effect i see that:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:732: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nBonusSitiational' (a nil value)

if i use
COVER: [-] [ranged]
or
SCOVER: [-] [ranged]
all works fine
What i do wrong?

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2014, 15:10
It doesn't seem like it's you. Seems like a bug.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2014, 00:02
It doesn't seem like it's you. Seems like a bug.
Fixed in FG 3.0.7 - released today. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

bhalverson
September 14th, 2014, 19:03
Is there a way to add touch AC only? For example with the style feat for snapping turtle style and the other feats that follow behind it...

Snapping Turtle Style; AC: +2 shield; CMD: +2; ... AC: +2 touch?

doesn't seem to be working for me :P been trying for a couple or so hours now... dang monks.

Trenloe
September 14th, 2014, 19:54
Is there a way to add touch AC only? For example with the style feat for snapping turtle style and the other feats that follow behind it...

Snapping Turtle Style; AC: +2 shield; CMD: +2; ... AC: +2 touch?

doesn't seem to be working for me :P been trying for a couple or so hours now... dang monks.
For AC, effects apply a bonus to AC which need a valid bonus type (enhancement, dodge, shield, deflection, etc.). In the 3.5e/Pathfinder RPG "touch" is not a valid AC bonus type, it is an actual AC type (AC, flat-footed AC and touch AC) - see the [bonus] section beneath the modifiers table for valid bonus types you can use: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

Snapping Turtle Clutch is a strange one as: "While you are using the Snapping Turtle Style feat, the shield bonus the style grants to your AC applies to your CMD and touch AC." Essentially it is a shield bonus to AC (for bonus type stacking purposes) but it applies to touch AC and CMD as well (which shield bonuses normally don't). I can't think of an automatic way to do this in Fantasy Grounds to correctly cover this using effects/other methods.

You may have to work this out manually - essentially applying just a blanket AC:2 effect (which covers AC, touch AC and CMD) if you don't have any other shield bonuses active. If you do have shield bonuses active, you'll have to calculate which ones will apply at that point in time and manually adjust your AC and/or effects as necessary.

For example, if the monk had the shield spell cast on them (+4 shield bonus to AC) and went into Snapping Turtle Style: the +2 shield bonus to AC from the style won't stack with the shield spell, but there will be a +2 bonus to the touch AC of the monk. So, perhaps you might apply this as an effect: AC:2; AC:2 shield This would give you the resulting +4 to normal AC (from the shield spell), +2 to touch and CMD (from the snapping turtle style). So, essentially Snapping Turtle Style gives you an effect of AC:2 and then you calculate any other shield bonuses as <bonus> minus 2 - so a +4 shield bonus becomes 4 - 2 = 2, so apply an effect of AC:2 shield to the monk.

Perhaps another community member has played a monk with Snapping Turtle Style and might have some recommendations.

Blackfoot
September 14th, 2014, 19:58
I'd say your best bet is to put it on as a dodge bonus.. and then keep in mind that it won't stack with shield bonuses.
A bit of common sense does help when the automation stops.

Quorlox
September 21st, 2014, 06:03
Is there way using Effects (or another method) to apply a temporary bonus to caster level (for Pathfinder)? I am hoping to emulate the +4 caster level bonus provided by the "Focused Spells" power for Spell Sages.

Blackfoot
September 21st, 2014, 06:12
Simplest way to do this is to adjust the spell class value on the actions tab when the Spell Sage casts that one spell per day. An effect won't really cover it. You can do a dummy spell to track the usage... but just changing that number in the top bar is the easiest way to handle it.

Quorlox
September 21st, 2014, 06:57
Thanks!

JerryRig
December 19th, 2014, 00:12
I was looking on the wiki and noticed it did not show the ability ot use bleed damage as a [damage type]

as posted: [damage type] = acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic, force, negative, positive, adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, epic, magic, piercing, silver, slashing, chaotic, evil, good, lawful, nonlethal, spell

Has bleed type not been added to the 3.5/pathfinder effects table? If it is would it be coded ...

Bleeding; DMGO: 1 bleed

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:29
While it does allow bleed as a type .. it doesn't seem to actually understand what bleed is (ie. ignore DR, apply appropriate immunity traits, and so forth)... so I'm not thinking it works as a valid type.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2014, 00:40
As BF says, the ruleset will allow you to enter anything as a type, but it only recognises the valid types as specified in the data_common.lua file in the ruleset. But, again as BF says, that wouldn't be the end of it - there would need to be code to recognise bleed ignores DR and that some creatures are immune to bleed. Perhaps if bleed was added as an energy type (energytypes) - this would allow bleed damage to ignore DR and for creatures to be immune to it, so it would also need to be added as an immunetypes too. Then you'd have to remember to add bleed immunity to creature types that are immune to bleed.

A few things to do to make it work properly - I suggest you add a request for bleed to be supported to the wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:43
Couldn't it be figured into things like the calculations for 'undead traits' as well? I think there are several of them that don't allow bleed.
That would make it a little simpler on entry.

JerryRig
December 19th, 2014, 00:45
I ask because I put in a spell/ability damage entry as a spell dmg with the type coded as bleed and when I apply it to a owlbear (test dummy) it shows as [damage] *bleed [TYPE: untyped (1)] rather than as bleed.

hope this makes sense the way I am explaining it.

The ongoing effect I created:

DMGO: 1 bleed

is functioning each time i cycle past the owlbear. Just trying to get that initial bleed damage to show.

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:47
My test came up like this:

Critter: [DAMAGE] Ongoing Damage [TYPE: bleed (1d6=6)]
Which 'looks' ok... but doesn't really work.
I had put an effect on Critter:
DMGO:1d6 bleed

Trenloe
December 19th, 2014, 00:48
Couldn't it be figured into things like the calculations for 'undead traits' as well? I think there are several of them that don't allow bleed.
That would make it a little simpler on entry.
I was eluding to that when I said "A few things to do to make it work properly". Immunetype auto population based off creature type needs to be coded into the addNPC function in scripts\manager_combat2.lua in the 3.5e ruleset.

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:49
Right.. I was just saying that it wasn't all that bad an idea.. it could hook into stuff that was already functional.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2014, 00:59
Right.. I was just saying that it wasn't all that bad an idea.. it could hook into stuff that was already functional.
Exactly, its not a bad idea at all. It just needs *someone* to do it. Ideally as part of the base ruleset otherwise maintenance would get awkward as there would need to be changes to the base 3.5e code in a number of places - hence my suggestion to add it to the wishlist.

JulioIP
December 23rd, 2014, 22:45
is this still the best way to do the paladin smite evil. (copy of post below) and if it is, where do i find data_common.lua file?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=142702&viewfull=1#post142702.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
FG doesn't like underscores (_) in a condition name. But, it works fine with "alignevil", "aligngood", etc..

Example:
Add "alignevil" to the conditions list in data_common.lua
For a Paladin's Smite Evil ability (Paladin level 3, CHA bonus +2) make an effect: Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3
Add a condition to evil creatures of "alignevil".

When the Paladin activates their Smite Evil ability, the GM decides if the target creature is evil and if so adds the alignevil condition to the NPC. The Paladin adds the Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3 effect to their PC, whenever they do an attack or damage to a target (IFT = If Target has the following condition) with the alignevil condition then the effects will occur.

damned
December 23rd, 2014, 22:51
%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets
PFRPG.pak
unzip it - update your files - rezip it preserving the original tree/base structure and reload...

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 23:07
is this still the best way to do the paladin smite evil. (copy of post below) and if it is, where do i find data_common.lua file?

You're best doing the change via an extension. This means you won't be updating each time FG upgrades.

Full details, and an extension that adds alignments, here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension

darrenan
December 23rd, 2014, 23:23
If I understand effect targetting correctly, I think the easiest way to do smite evil specifically, is to just create the effect on yourself and have the GM target the effect to the target of your smite (by dragging the targetting icon on the CT to your target). Then the effect will only actually do anything when you're attacking that one creature. If I'm incorrect about this, please let me know. For smite evil, the alignment extension doesn't completely solve the problem because your smite effect shouldn't affect all creatures with the given alignment, just the one you targetted.

The alignment extension is still the best way to do other effects that apply generally based on alignment, such as p/evil and the like.

JerryRig
December 26th, 2014, 05:35
Is there a way to add dice effects like:

auto-reroll for people who have things like ...take the better of two d20 rolls ...or take the worst of two d20 rolls?

ongoing effects that do things like d4 or d6 HP damage each round? What about ongoing ABIL damage?

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 05:42
Is there a way to add dice effects like:

ongoing effects that do things like d4 or d6 HP damage each round? What about ongoing ABIL damage?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

JerryRig
December 26th, 2014, 05:45
RE: Trueshots ...

I saw that on the 3.5 effects wiki but cant seem to figure out the way it would be typed out.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 06:00
say it was a bleed of some kind lets call it "Ninja Bleed" (cause I love ninjas)

Ninja Bleed; DMGO:1d6 bleed
or
Ninja Bleed; DMGO:1d4 bleed

you get the idea though, very simple.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 06:03
JerryRig, sorry I edited, messed it up first time left off the type of damage

Trenloe
December 26th, 2014, 06:12
JerryRig, sorry I edited, messed it up first time left off the type of damage
You don't *have* to include a damage type. And, as an FYI, bleed isn't a valid damage type in the 3.5E/PF ruleset (see the discussion on this in the previous page of this thread). You can still include it for information, but FG won't doing anything with it. Otherwise, the DMGO examples are correct for using dice with the DMGO effect.

JerryRig - DMGO is just for hit point damage, there is no ongoing ability damage effect.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 06:21
Otherwise, the DMGO examples are correct for using dice with the DMGO effect.

JerryRig - DMGO is just for hit point damage, there is no ongoing ability damage effect.

Yea, thats how I wrote it the first time and when back and changed it, just because for me when it shows up in chat window then you know whats actually happening.

JerryRig
December 26th, 2014, 07:39
TYVM for quick reply

Callum
February 21st, 2015, 20:34
Here's an updated version of the Effects module, adjusted for the new syntax requiring a comma between descriptors, and incorporating various corrections and improvements.

Versod
April 7th, 2015, 03:29
Callum, what would prevent me from being able to use the Effects module? I have it loaded up and activated inside the Library modules, however, it does not appear in the list when just viewing Library.
My understanding is this module was an easy access drag drop list that allowed players to apply effects as well for spells, special actions/conditions, etc.
I just started DM'ng a few weeks ago and will agree that effects have been the biggest headache thus far. If I could get this to work I would be grateful.
I am running the most current version of FG and the effects.mod.
Or does this Mod simply allow the players to access the "effects" tab and apply effects to themselves?

Andraax
April 7th, 2015, 04:23
They're effects; you see them in the effects window.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2015, 04:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Effects

JerryRig
April 7th, 2015, 17:02

I did have the ongoing ability damage working using DMGO: 3 strength

problem was it was stuck with all the other errors since the last update in order to run it. If you turn those add-ons off then it will only do HP damage but your free of the errors. What i was hoping for was the fix for the ability part ...its so handy to use with poisons and diseased players.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2015, 17:11
I did have the ongoing ability damage working using DMGO: 3 strength

problem was it was stuck with all the other errors since the last update in order to run it. If you turn those add-ons off then it will only do HP damage but your free of the errors. What i was hoping for was the fix for the ability part ...its so handy to use with poisons and diseased players.
I was referring to the non-extension functionality of this ruleset only supporting HP damage in the DMGO effect. As I've mentioned before, the extensions you're trying to use are incompatible (from quite a few FG versions ago). Hence why you're seeing some functionality work, but lots of errors as well and broken functionality in other places - as the extensions you're trying to use have effect code from FG 3.0.3.

If you want someone to do some custom development around this for you then I recommend you start a new thread asking someone to do this work - it'll get more visibility than it will here. But be aware that this route can be a nightmare to keep up-to-date with new FG releases - which is one of the reasons why the original extension developer stopped supporting it.

Lord Kavos
April 8th, 2015, 12:37
Hi all,

Is there a way to add an effect for Flaming Burst & similar enchancements? I.e. it only adds the extra dice on critical damage rolls?

cmdisc
April 21st, 2015, 18:48
Was wondering how to go about applying something like Freebooter's Bane from Pathfinder. Party of 6, 3 enemies, but 1 is called out with the Bane. Is there a way to code that? Or does it need to be tracked manually by adding and removing 'ATK: 1; DMG: 1' each time the one target is attacked?

Blackfoot
April 21st, 2015, 18:51
There is a targeting function in the tracker for effects. Target that effect on the bane target and it should only work on them.

Trenloe
April 21st, 2015, 18:51
You could add "freebooter-bane" (or similar) to the optional conditions extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22803-Channel-Divinity-Paladin-Vow-of-Emnity-Effect&p=195251&viewfull=1#post195251), add that condition to the target and then use IFT: freebooter-bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1 on the PC with the feat/ability. This will apply the ATK: 1; DMG: 1 effects only if the target has the freebooter-bane condition.

cmdisc
April 22nd, 2015, 07:37
Thanks guys! I tried it both ways and it seems to work. As a player without access to the Combat Tracker targeting feature, what I did was:

I built an effect "Freebooter's Bane" that I drop on the enemy. Then I built an effect "IFT: Freebooter's Bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1" that I drop on myself and allies.

Interestingly, what happens is there is an [Effect +1] showing up in the chat window, but the +1 isn't actually being added to the attack roll. However, with testing what it appears to be doing is lowering the target AC by -1. So same difference.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 13:26
I built an effect "Freebooter's Bane" that I drop on the enemy. Then I built an effect "IFT: Freebooter's Bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1" that I drop on myself and allies.

Interestingly, what happens is there is an [Effect +1] showing up in the chat window, but the +1 isn't actually being added to the attack roll. However, with testing what it appears to be doing is lowering the target AC by -1. So same difference.
Hhmmm, I don't think this will actually work as you want. You might find out that what you've done will apply against any target, whether they have the condition or not. You can't create custom conditions without adding them to data_common, otherwise FG won't recognize it as a valid condition. Also, the last time I checked, the condition has to be one word, hence my suggestion of adding freebooters-bane to the custom conditions module.

As you have found out, if you use the IF or IFT conditional modifiers the actual modifier is shown but not added to the roll, but it is taken into account with the result. This is so that if the roll result data in the chat window was dragged to a different target the conditional effect numerical modifier isn't automatically added to the roll result.

cmdisc
April 22nd, 2015, 14:09
Yeah, upon further testing, I see that it is translating over regardless of target. Hmm. I'm not sure how to add conditions to the extension, so either I need a lesson in that or I'll just have to make sure to ask the GM to target the effects for me.

damned
April 22nd, 2015, 14:13
Sometime going old school and just using a modifier is the easiest way...

cmdisc
April 22nd, 2015, 14:49
...or that. :)

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 15:22
I'm not sure how to add conditions to the extension, so either I need a lesson in that or I'll just have to make sure to ask the GM to target the effects for me.
You could use a condition from the pre-configured ones in the extension - like hunters-mark or one of the custom one: custom-1.

Or, you could edit it. This one is really pretty simple - scripts\optional_conditions.lua has a list of new_conditions, just add your new ones. Post #2 in the alignment conditions thread describes the theory: www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension

GM BK
August 2nd, 2015, 03:13
Came to this thread looking for a way to create an effect to modify Concentration rolls, but noticed a post from 2013 that states there isn't one. Is this still the case?

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2015, 04:54
I believe so. I haven't seen any reference to this type of effect being added.

Nickademus
August 2nd, 2015, 05:58
Came to this thread looking for a way to create an effect to modify Concentration rolls, but noticed a post from 2013 that states there isn't one. Is this still the case?

There used to be an extension that had concentration effects. It doesn't work with the current code of the ruleset.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2015, 09:57
Actually.. the easiest way to temporarily MOD the Concentration Roll is with an ability bonus... if you have a permanent bonus you can add it into the spell class.
Do:
INT:4 to add 2 to an INT based caster's roll... or WIS or CHA.. depending on what type they are. Set the effect up as a 'ROLL' effect... and you should be stylin'.

Andraax
August 2nd, 2015, 14:39
Try "ABIL: 2 intelligence" instead.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2015, 14:40
That doesn't work.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2015, 14:53
ABIL effects only apply specifically to ability check rolls.

The workaround by applying a one-time ability boost effect (ie INT:4 or WIS:4, depending on your conc stat) should work. If it doesn't, let me know, and I'll look into when back from Gencon.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2015, 14:54
The INT bonus works fine.. I tested it last night.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2015, 15:46
For Pathfinder you're correct, see the posts in reply above. If you're playing 3.5e, concentration is a skill and you can modify that with the usual skill effects.

GM BK
August 2nd, 2015, 17:07
Thanks for the clarifications everyone! FG Community rocks! :)

Vladlock
October 23rd, 2015, 09:06
Would it be possible to create a favored enemy effect for a ranger in pathfinder that is always on and only applies to the creature type?

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2015, 16:57
Would it be possible to create a favored enemy effect for a ranger in pathfinder that is always on and only applies to the creature type?
Yep:

IFT: TYPE(dragon); ATK:2; DMG:2

See the [creature type] entry in the conditional modifiers section of the effects Wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects#Conditional_Operators

This will only cover actions that are targeted on a creature (attacks, damage, etc.). It won't cover skill checks.

darrenan
October 23rd, 2015, 18:29
This reminds me to get back to work on my Action Library module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24443-PFRPG-Action-Library).

Vladlock
October 24th, 2015, 00:31
Thanks Trenloe, didn't look like it was working at first i.e. wasn't seeing the bonus added to the roll but it ended up just dropping the AC of the target by two. The website said you could do more than one creature type in the same one, would you just separate those by a ; ?

Trenloe
October 24th, 2015, 00:56
The website said you could do more than one creature type in the same one, would you just separate those by a ; ?
They are comma separated. But test this thoroughly as there was an issue with multiple types in the 5E ruleset in 3.1.2 (fixed in the upcoming 3.1.3). If it doesn't work, do a new effect for each different type.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2015, 17:49
I have to ask because I see a lot of links going to different places. The effects.zip file in the first post is the latest and works with pf ruleset or is there a different one I need to get. Sorry its very confusing what extra mods I need to make everything work correctly.
Thanks.
Use this thread as the master index to modules: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120187&viewfull=1#post120187

The "Conditions and Effects" link takes you to post #114 in this thread which should be the most recent.

Samarex
December 14th, 2015, 00:07
This is a good idea.

One step further - how about compiling them into a module so that they can be available in the "Effects" list window within the FG campaign? The list can be searched for text and the effects can be entered in the form <Name>; <usual effect list> to allow ordering and searching on the condition/effect needed.

The example condition.mod available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=115496&postcount=5 was created as GM only (the data XML file within is db.xml) but if the module created has this file as common.xml and the GM lets the players have access through "module activation" in the campaign then everyone will be able to see the effects in the effects list window.

Morning Trenloe,
Ok we have been playing with this so we could have better control with buffs and things in game. This all worked great using the effects module, but was not really 100% what we wanted so I continued playing around. I went to the aid spell inside the game and put it on a character. Then went into the spell and added a effect (just added ATK : 1 morale for testing only I know its not the full aid effect). This added the effect to the spell and now the effect can be applied from the spell in the character sheet all worked great.
Now I don't want to have to do this to every spell every time a character adds a spell to his list. So i kept digging.
I exported the character and looked at the xml to see how it was formatted. I seen the actions area and knew that was the effect. So just out of curiosity I copied the <actions> to </actions> pasted it in the spell AID in my spell module and reloaded everything. Added the new Aid spell to the character and wala the effect is there and works.

<aid>

<name type="string">Aid</name>
<school type="string">Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]</school>
<level type="string">Clr 2, Good 2, Luck 2</level>
<components type="string">V, S, DF</components>
<castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
<range type="string">Touch</range>
<effect type="string">Living creature touched</effect>
<duration type="string">1 min./level</duration>
<save type="string">None</save>
<sr type="string">Yes (harmless)</sr>
<actions>
<id-00001>
<atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
<clcmod type="number">0</clcmod>
<savedcmod type="number">0</savedcmod>
<srnotallowed type="number">0</srnotallowed>
<type type="string">cast</type>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<dmaxstat type="number">0</dmaxstat>
<durdice type="dice"></durdice>
<durdicestatmax type="number">0</durdicestatmax>
<durmod type="number">1</durmod>
<durmult type="number">1</durmult>
<label type="string">Aid; ATK: 1 morale</label>
<type type="string">effect</type>
</id-00002>
</actions>

<description type="formattedtext"><p><i>Aid</i> grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).</p></description>
<shortdescription type="string">+1 on attack rolls, +1 against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).</shortdescription>
</aid>

What this does.
Now my Cleric on his turn can Selected the party members he wants to Aid / Cast Aid (informing the DM he wants to Aid those players / Then press the effects button and the effect is applied to all the characters . The Characters now have a +1 attack effect when the roll for 1 rnd.
Just wanted to pass it on.....

Samarex
December 14th, 2015, 01:57
Here is the Spell code for Aid with the actual working efects

<aid>
<name type="string">Aid</name>
<school type="string">Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]</school>
<level type="string">Clr 2, Good 2, Luck 2</level>
<components type="string">V, S, DF</components>
<castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
<range type="string">Touch</range>
<effect type="string">Living creature touched</effect>
<duration type="string">1 min./level</duration>
<save type="string">None</save>
<sr type="string">Yes (harmless)</sr>
<actions>
<id-00001>
<atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
<clcmod type="number">0</clcmod>
<savedcmod type="number">0</savedcmod>
<srnotallowed type="number">0</srnotallowed>
<type type="string">cast</type>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<dmaxstat type="number">0</dmaxstat>
<durdice type="dice"></durdice>
<durdicestatmax type="number">0</durdicestatmax>
<durmod type="number">1</durmod>
<durmult type="number">1</durmult>
<label type="string">Aid; ATK: 1 morale</label>
<type type="string">effect</type>
</id-00002>
<id-00005>
<heallist>
<id-00001>
<bonus type="number">0</bonus>
<dice type="dice">d8</dice>
<dicestatmax type="number">0</dicestatmax>
<stat type="string">cl</stat>
<statmax type="number">10</statmax>
<statmult type="number">1</statmult>
</id-00001>
</heallist>
<healtype type="string">temp</healtype>
<type type="string">heal</type>
</id-00005>
</actions>

<description type="formattedtext"><p><i>Aid</i> grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).</p></description>
<shortdescription type="string">+1 on attack rolls, +1 against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).</shortdescription>
</aid>

Callum
December 14th, 2015, 09:20
I exported the character and looked at the xml to see how it was formatted. I seen the actions area and knew that was the effect. So just out of curiosity I copied the <actions> to </actions> pasted it in the spell AID in my spell module and reloaded everything. Added the new Aid spell to the character and wala the effect is there and works.

Wait...are you really saying that you can have spell effects in a spells module, and they become active when you drag the spell onto a character sheet? If so, that's absolutely amazing, and is something I've been wishing for for years! How do the effects appear when you look at the spell in the spell module? Can you post an image of that? Or can you share your spell module?

Now we can compile 3.5E/Pathfinder spell modules with all the effects built-in!

Samarex
December 14th, 2015, 09:37
W How do the effects appear when you look at the spell in the spell module? Can you post an image of that? Or can you share your spell module?

The Spells look the same inside the game when your looking at the spell, Nothing changed there. The Spell Disc always told us what the effects of the spell was. What I have done is in the spell module just added the actions content of the effects this puts the effect buttons and all in the Spell when you drop it in your character sheet. The Code above is the complete Aid Spell out of my Spell Mod. The area <actions>....</actions> is what I pulled out of a exported Character after adding the effects to the spell inside the game. (Its the only one I got done when I posted it. So yes I am starting to Load all the 3.5E spells with there effects included

Samarex
December 14th, 2015, 10:20
So my question to the Fantasy Grounds developers
This is how I have been able to get it to work but there is another way that I have not found becouse the Spell Cause Fear has the effect buttons for Frighted and Shaken in the spell on the character sheet already, but when looking at Cause fear in the Spell mod nothing shows for a effect. other that in the description. So where are those effect actions being put in from?

Callum
December 14th, 2015, 10:56
When you drag a spell to a character sheet, FG attempts to parse the spell description, looking for certain keywords that it can make into actions. That's where "frightened" and "shaken" come from when you drag cause fear onto a character sheet, and also where all the "heal" and "damage" actions come from. So these actions don't exist in the spells module - they are created on the fly by FG. The problem is that, although useful, the parsing is quite limited, and you often end up with missing or erroneous actions, or ones that are don't have the correct duration, etc.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2015, 10:59
If you check out Farnaby's spell module.. (I'll post a link in a sec).. he and Trenloe worked out a way to override the parsing and build the effects into the spells within the module. It's a lot of work.. but.. it can be done...

Here's a link to it. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24614-Farnaby-s-PFRPG-Spellbook)

Trenloe
December 14th, 2015, 14:40
Wait...are you really saying that you can have spell effects in a spells module, and they become active when you drag the spell onto a character sheet? If so, that's absolutely amazing, and is something I've been wishing for for years! How do the effects appear when you look at the spell in the spell module? Can you post an image of that? Or can you share your spell module?

As Blackfoot says, see Farnaby's excellent spell module. It's been around for a while...

Callum
December 16th, 2015, 12:02
Thanks for pointing us to Farnaby's spell module, Blackfoot and Ternloe - it does, indeed, look excellent. However, I notice that it seems to depend on several extensions, which could potentially lead to spells becoming broken by updates - is that right?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2015, 17:12
Thanks for pointing us to Farnaby's spell module, Blackfoot and Ternloe - it does, indeed, look excellent. However, I notice that it seems to depend on several extensions, which could potentially lead to spells becoming broken by updates - is that right?
The main one that might break it is DCPlus. I suggest you ask Farnaby for details in the spell module thread.

Blackfoot
December 16th, 2015, 18:11
Thanks for pointing us to Farnaby's spell module, Blackfoot and Trenloe - it does, indeed, look excellent. However, I notice that it seems to depend on several extensions, which could potentially lead to spells becoming broken by updates - is that right?I wasn't really suggesting you use his module necessarily, more that you can use his technique for whatever project you are working on. (DCPlus is an excellent extension BTW and really SHOULD be incorporated into the ruleset at some point.)

Farnaby
December 28th, 2015, 21:07
I need 2 things for poison effects, random ability damage e.g. 1d2 CON damage as well as cumulative damage.

Anyone know ways around this?

Svandal
March 11th, 2016, 10:11
Either the developers have changed the effects, or I have failed to understand something about them :)
I play D&D 3.5 if that is important.
When I do a effect on my character I copy paste what is written on the first page.
With rage, I get the effect: STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will,morale; AC: -2
But, all the abilities adds to the modifier, not the score. So with STR: 4 is actually a +8 strenght increase.
My attacks, strenght checks, damage and skill cheks all now assume I have +4 on my strenght modifier, which is not what I want to do.

The easy fix is to use STR: 2 instead of 4, but if I have something that adds 1 or 3 of and ability modifier I do not know how to apply this. I can not add STR: 1 because this adds 2 strenght.
STR: 1/2 og STR: 0.5 does not work. Can anybody help me with this. And if they have changed this we have to update the first page on this post.

Blackfoot
March 11th, 2016, 13:03
With rage, I get the effect: STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will,morale; AC: -2
But, all the abilities adds to the modifier, not the score. So with STR: 4 is actually a +8 strenght increase.
My attacks, strenght checks, damage and skill cheks all now assume I have +4 on my strength modifier..
This is not actually correct. STR:4 adds 4 strength the modifiers are +2 to hit and to damage from that effect. Test it with no other effects active (as I just did) and you'll see this to be the case.

ABIL modifiers add the modifier amount.. so ABIL:1 strength would add 1 to strength checks only.

Svandal
March 11th, 2016, 13:38
This is not actually correct. STR:4 adds 4 strength the modifiers are +2 to hit and to damage from that effect. Test it with no other effects active (as I just did) and you'll see this to be the case.

ABIL modifiers add the modifier amount.. so ABIL:1 strength would add 1 to strength checks only.

Ok. I should report this as a bug then, mine still comes up as bonus on modifier.

I will report it when I come back home at sunday😊. Thanks for the reply

Blackfoot
March 11th, 2016, 14:00
One other suggestion. I've seen the situation where effects exist on a character but not do not show on the tracker.. I'm not sure you can get this to happen without specific 'broken' coding to do so.. but it might somehow be an issue with the character you are testing. Have you tried testing it with a 'brand new' basic character? See if that yields the same result.

Svandal
March 11th, 2016, 14:06
One other suggestion. I've seen the situation where effects exist on a character but not do not show on the tracker.. I'm not sure you can get this to happen without specific 'broken' coding to do so.. but it might somehow be an issue with the character you are testing. Have you tried testing it with a 'brand new' basic character? See if that yields the same result.

I did remove all the effects, rolled dice and no modifiers came up. When I applied barbarian rage effect I got the +4 modifier instead of +4 strenght.
But when I come back on sunday I have to do some testing. Hopefully it is ony something weird with that particular character sheet.
Thanks for the tip.

Blackfoot
March 11th, 2016, 14:12
I just tested it in 3.5.. (I had tested it in PF before.. not expecting a different result) and found that I got the same results as you did. Apparently there is a PF check that decides to do it one way vs the other.

HoloGnome
March 11th, 2016, 16:33
Callum and Archangel - in the 3.5-Pathfinder Effects Library:

Inspire Courage is a Competence bonus rather than a Morale bonus.

Callum
March 12th, 2016, 07:29
It's slightly more complex than that. In 3.5E, they're all morale bonuses. In Pathfinder, they changed the attack and damage bonuses to competence bonuses, but kept the save bonuses as morale. But the effects library should reflect this, so thanks for pointing it out!

HoloGnome
March 12th, 2016, 20:36
Glad to help. Thanks for creating the resource! Maybe the library needs to split into dedicated ones, since there are other PF effects that might not make sense for 3.5 (retired).

Callum
March 13th, 2016, 23:11
Here's an updated version of the Effects module, adding the Pathfinder version of Inspire Courage (as suggested by HoloGnome) along with scaled versions for higher levels. I haven't split it into two modules (one for each ruleset) for reasons of backward compatibility, but could do so if people thought this was a good idea.

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2016, 00:54
Awesome - thx! :) Time to update!

kuthulu
March 14th, 2016, 16:24
Great work on this mod. Quick question though before I update. I have created some custom effects. Will replacing this mod overwrite those?

Vladlock
March 14th, 2016, 17:30
I would be inclined to say yes, since your custom effects are saved to the old version, one thing you could do is just give the updated one a different name, then maybe drag over your custom effects to the new one. not sure if you can drag them like that though. Or you could just have two effect mods.

Trenloe
March 14th, 2016, 17:38
I have created some custom effects. Will replacing this mod overwrite those?
Where did you save these custom effects? Did you manually edit the XML of the module?

kuthulu
March 14th, 2016, 21:20
Trenloe, I added them directly to the EFFECTS window. I went into the modules and turned off the EFFECTS mod and my custom effects were still there so I went ahead and replaced the old module with the new version posted and I am now good to go. Thanks guys!

Pelonius
June 6th, 2016, 01:08
How do I make an effect similar to the fire-shield spell? If they hit the character they take damage.

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2016, 01:55
This can't be handled by an effect. You can add an effect as a reminder note, then add a damage roll to the actions tab of the PC sheet for the player to apply.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
June 6th, 2016, 02:03
You just make a basic damage effect. See attachment.

Pelonius
June 6th, 2016, 02:20
Hmmm. I thought there would be a logic IFT: to handle it. Is there no way to check that an attack hits? IFT: Attack=TRUE DMG 2 acid or something along those lines?

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2016, 02:30
There's no concept of an effect that does something to a combatant who attacks it, whether that is applying damage or applying a counter-effect.

The damage effects that exist are for applying extra damage to a damage roll, or to apply ongoing damage results.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 6th, 2016, 06:58
Before rolling damage have the attacker also target themselves?

Trenloe
June 6th, 2016, 16:53
How do I make an effect similar to the fire-shield spell? If they hit the character they take damage.
As has been mentioned above, this can't be done with an effect.

The Damage "Action" (not "effect") shown by HoloGnome in post #176 above is probably the best way to go. Whenever someone attacks and you can deal the fire damage to them (as per the spell description) then you can target them and roll the damage action against them. You may want to drag this to a hotkey so that you can access it quickly. You'd need to re-drag the damage action to the hotkey each time the caster level goes up, as the hotkey details are hard coded when created and not directly linked to the action itself.

Blackfoot
July 7th, 2016, 22:07
Are we all aware that the ATK effect adds to CMB even though it really shouldn't?
I was setting up some effects for Wild Shape and I ran into a bit of a problem.
When my Small Gnome wild shapes into a medium creature... I should apply an effect something like this:

[EFFECT] Medium Wild Shape; STR: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; ATK: -1 size; AC: -1 size; CMD: 1 size; CMB: 1 size

This should net me a +2 Effect Bonus when making a Combat Maneuver.. since my size increase gives me a bonus to CMB attacks instead of the normal penalty for increasing size... The same is also true for CMD the AC penalty to size is erroneously applied to CMD.
BUT when I make an CMB attack.. the effects roll out like this:
[CMB] [EFFECTS +1]
Combat Man. [15] -> [at Gurgleplunk] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]

The solution is to do this:
[EFFECT] Medium Wild Shape; STR: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; ATK: -1 size; AC: -1 size; CMD: 2 size; CMB: 2 size

Which is 'wrong' but it works correctly. The STR bonus and ATK penalty cancel out and the net bonus is +2
[CMB] [EFFECTS +2]
Combat Man. [24] -> [at Gurgleplunk] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]

Since SIZE modifiers do something like the opposite of what they are supposed to when it comes to Combat Maneuvers... it's a bit tricky.
Realistically, size bonuses and penalties to AC and Attack COULD apply to AC and Attack IF they were reversed... this would save some extra effect work. Hmm.. I guess I could code an extension to make this happen.. but it really should be in the base code as it is actually a bug.

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2016, 04:24
I also noted today that 'types' screw up negative AC effects.
Example:
AC:-3 armor;AC:-3 shield
these are ignored..
AC:-3
works fine...
So you can't use an effect to remove your shield for example... or to temporarily take off your armor & shield while using 'Wild Shape'.
You CAN add your armor & shield as effects and then remove them when using wild shape... I'm not sure this is great.. but it can be done.

Nickademus
July 8th, 2016, 05:18
I don't believe that penalties in Pathfinder have a type. All penalties are generic and stack.

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2016, 05:53
I don't believe that penalties in Pathfinder have a type. All penalties are generic and stack.Sadly, you are incorrect... at least in function. Effects are not bonuses or penalties.. they are 'effects' so types do apply since a negative AC 'effect' would reduce a specific 'type' of AC. Generic 'penalties' are all well and good... but the functionality for 'effects' would be much more functional if 'types' applied to negative effects. See example.

Callum
July 8th, 2016, 13:43
I also noted today that 'types' screw up negative AC effects.
Example:
AC:-3 armor;AC:-3 shield
these are ignored..
AC:-3
works fine...
So you can't use an effect to remove your shield for example... or to temporarily take off your armor & shield while using 'Wild Shape'.

I can't see a scenario in which adding types to negative effects would be beneficial. Since, with your approach, you are hard-coding the penalties in, you may as well use "AC: -6; armor and shield bonus negation".

You CAN add your armor & shield as effects and then remove them when using wild shape... I'm not sure this is great.. but it can be done.

I always put armor and shield in as effects - if you don't, the bonus stacking won't work properly.

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2016, 13:51
I can't see a scenario in which adding types to negative effects would be beneficial. Since, with your approach, you are hard-coding the penalties in, you may as well use "AC: -6; armor and shield bonus negation".Your solution wouldn't work right ... the AC vs touch attacks would be reduced by 6.
AC:-6 armor
would only reduce the AC vs attacks that armor actually applies to.

I always put armor and shield in as effects - if you don't, the bonus stacking won't work properly.That really clutters your tracker if everyone does that, plus they DO actually stack correctly for armor, shield, and deflection bonuses now (not so much for the natural since it is an odd case).

Nickademus
July 8th, 2016, 19:25
Sadly, you are incorrect... at least in function. Effects are not bonuses or penalties.. they are 'effects' so types do apply since a negative AC 'effect' would reduce a specific 'type' of AC. Generic 'penalties' are all well and good... but the functionality for 'effects' would be much more functional if 'types' applied to negative effects. See example.

I think you misunderstand. I said nothing about effects. Smite Works models the rulesets after the rule system sharing their name. Therefore the Pathfinder ruleset is designed to operate like the Pathfinder rules. My comment was about the nature of penalties in Pathfinder. It's possible, if penalties have no types in the Pathfinder rules, that Smite Works intentionally made it so that penalty effects in Fantasy Grounds likewise do not register types.

Nickademus
July 8th, 2016, 19:27
I always put armor and shield in as effects - if you don't, the bonus stacking won't work properly.

I believe this bug was fixed a few updates ago. Now you can put a 4 in your armor field of your AC, and when you apply an effect like 'AC: 5 armor' your AC will only raise 1 point due to the overlap of 4 points of armor bonus.

Moon Wizard
July 9th, 2016, 08:10
Nickademus is correct, this was added a couple revisions ago (to check bonus types vs. AC component values). I'm looking at the ruleset code that does it right now.

Thinking about Blackfoot's issue with regard to AC penalties, I investigated the code and the same update that compared the bonus type to existing bonuses also disables penalties for those types. I will fix in next beta push.

I think I will leave the size bonus for CMB as is for now, since I don't see an easy way to do this with the existing code, and he has a workaround.

JPG

Callum
July 9th, 2016, 11:30
Your solution wouldn't work right ... the AC vs touch attacks would be reduced by 6.
AC:-6 armor
would only reduce the AC vs attacks that armor actually applies to.

You're quite right - it was foolish of me to suggest it. My issue was really with putting fixed numbers into the effect, when what you're actually looking for is "negate the armor and shield bonuses this character currently has". The beast way to achieve that, it seems to me, is to turn off the armor and shiled bonuses.

That really clutters your tracker if everyone does that, plus they DO actually stack correctly for armor, shield, and deflection bonuses now (not so much for the natural since it is an odd case).

It does clutter the Combat Tracker a bit; on the other hand, it lets you see at a glance those effects on the AC, and it gives you the ability to turn off the bonuses with a click.

Thanks for letting me know that the bonuses do stack correctly now - I'd got so used to the way it used to work, I'd overlooked that update!

turelus
July 30th, 2016, 08:56
Here's an updated version of the Effects module, adding the Pathfinder version of Inspire Courage (as suggested by HoloGnome) along with scaled versions for higher levels. I haven't split it into two modules (one for each ruleset) for reasons of backward compatibility, but could do so if people thought this was a good idea.

Thanks for the update Callum, but late on the thanks but as I am mid campaign I wasn't checking here for updates.

Markjan
March 13th, 2017, 16:29
Hello all
I've got 2 questions for the effect experts !

1) Is it possible to delay the begining of an effect ? For instance let's take the example of a "delayed fireball" that will explode 3 rounds after it has been cast, or the effect of a poison that would occur 1 hour after it has been applied... I did not find anything on that
2) I have noticed that the DMGTYPE effect doesn't work when it's placed after a conditional tag. For exemple "IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: force" does not work (though it's ok when placed alone)... Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you for your lightenings, dear fellows ;)

Blackfoot
March 13th, 2017, 16:32
1) Is it possible to delay the begining of an effect ? For instance let's take the example of a "delayed fireball" that will explode 3 rounds after it has been cast, or the effect of a poison that would occur 1 hour after it has been applied... I did not find anything on thatFor short duration delays... Set up an effect with a timer and then apply the damage when the timer runs out... the combat tracker is not effective when it comes to 'hours' the time frame is just too long to be functional with rounds. Do it manually.

I'm not sure about your second question offhand.

JerryRig
June 15th, 2017, 22:21
Is there a way to create a simple construct trait that are on things like Homunculus or Iron cobra's NPC/monster cards to an effect that works on a PC character effect? I have a player with a Homunculus and we put it on a Character sheet ot make it more manageable but the sheer number of immunities needed to make fill up the combat tracker area. Would be nice if their was a prebuilt one with something like one of these?
1. Construct
2. Construct immunities
3. Immune construct traits

Callum
June 16th, 2017, 16:31
There is already one (as shown in the wiki here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects)): "Construct traits". Note that the only effect this has is "IMMUNE: nonlethal", as all the other construct traits can't be represented as effects in Fantasy Grounds.

JerryRig
June 19th, 2017, 17:10
Thanks for the response ...

I knew about that one but could find no effect that it had ...didn't try non-lethal damage though so that would explain why it said it was "construct traits" but I would have thought it would have built into it others like ...
DR: 5 adamantine; IMMUNE: death; IMMUNE: disease; IMMUNE: mind-affecting; IMMUNE: necromancy; IMMUNE: paralysis; IMMUNE: poison; IMMUNE: sleep; IMMUNE: stun; IMMUNE: fatigue; IMMUNE: exhaustion

Was hoping it could be built into it and not so many needed to be created to that it fills up the combat tracker effects area under the creature. Like it could be incorporated in the current "construct traits" header. This is what i'm asking if it can happen?

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2017, 18:00
The ruleset adds to 2 specific tags that will actually affect the rolls within the ruleset for 3.5E and Pathfinder. (specifically, "IMMUNE: nonlethal" and "IMMUNE: critical") Otherwise, the other immunities do not impact any rolls.

I could not find the "DR: 5 adamantine" mentioned in the Construct traits for either system.
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/

Regards,
JPG

swbuza
June 23rd, 2017, 22:00
Is there a mostly complete module of Pathfinder effects somewhere?

Trenloe
June 24th, 2017, 01:52
Is there a mostly complete module of Pathfinder effects somewhere?
There are a couple of effects and actions library listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120187&viewfull=1#post120187

Always look for modules in the modules thread! :)

I doubt if you'll ever get an (even) mostly complete module - Pathfinder brings out so much material each month that it's virtually impossible to keep up and you'll find community members will mostly create modules for what they need, and update as appropriate.

Blahness98
June 24th, 2017, 03:10
@swbuza, As Trenloe said, there are so many different effects and different needs that it would be difficult to include everything. Were there specific effects you were looking at making or is there something we can help you with?

swbuza
June 24th, 2017, 03:17
I was just thinking of things like Barbarian powers, Paladin Smite, and your kind of standard effects (shaken, prone, etc.). that kind of thing.

Trenloe
June 24th, 2017, 03:25
I was just thinking of things like Barbarian powers, Paladin Smite, and your kind of standard effects (shaken, prone, etc.). that kind of thing.
Have a look at those modules I mentioned above.

swbuza
June 25th, 2017, 02:47
So, I had a look at several of them and found only one that seems to do anything. Am I right that the default list of Effects doesn't actually do anything other than list the effect? If so, is there no way to edit these so they do something?

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2017, 02:56
So, I had a look at several of them and found only one that seems to do anything. Am I right that the default list of Effects doesn't actually do anything other than list the effect? If so, is there no way to edit these so they do something?What are you talking about exactly? I mean... there are tons of default effects that do stuff.

Blahness98
June 25th, 2017, 04:06
The effects module listed somewhere in this post is mostly spell effects. The prone, shaken, sickened, ect. are already in FG in the effects tab. Everything else in the module is specific to the spell. There are the basic effects for power attack and charging and the like in the module as well. If you were looking for the effects packs that have been built for 5e, that sort of specifics have not been done (to my knowledge) for Pathfinder. There are simply too many books released for Pathfinder that will so many options/clutter to the specific class module. I know there are effects scattered around this board that will do what you want them to do. I think Nick's class/race module has some effects built into it as well.

swbuza
June 25th, 2017, 05:31
Hmmm. Well, if I apply the Blinded condition to a PC in the combat tracker, I don't see adjustments to AC, etc. What am I missing?

swbuza
June 25th, 2017, 05:33
Oh wait, does it apply to actual rolls, rather than changing the AC listed in the combat tracker?

Trenloe
June 25th, 2017, 08:00
Oh wait, does it apply to actual rolls, rather than changing the AC listed in the combat tracker?
Yes, this is the key functionality of effects. They don't change anything in terms of the base stats on the character sheet, they only apply when an action (attack, damage, save, etc.) is rolled. That is the whole functionality of effects - they "effect" the rolls, they don't change the base stats on the sheet.

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2017, 18:42
Oh wait, does it apply to actual rolls, rather than changing the AC listed in the combat tracker?When they are working properly you should see [EFFECTS <+/- whatever>] in the chat window where the results are listed.

swbuza
June 25th, 2017, 19:30
Yes, I see that now. I knew it wasn't going to adjust AC in the character sheet, but I thought it would adjust it in the tracker. I see that it applies against the roll now. Not sure how I missed this before.

RuleofThree
September 27th, 2017, 17:22
Is there a way to apply an effect on someone that deals in fractional values? Example: Group is fighting underwater. Unless under an effect that allows freedom of movement, melee attacks take a -2 to attack, and unless the weapon is piercing, damage is halved. I know the easy part: 'ATK: -2 melee,' but attempts to apply half damage is halting my progress. I know there is a modifier that will halve damage for you, but is there a way to apply that in to the effect. 'ATK: -2 melee, DMG: [HALF] was my idea, but failed distasterously.

Moon Wizard
September 27th, 2017, 18:18
There is no effect that supports half damage at this point.

Regards,
JPG

Lord Kavos
September 28th, 2017, 01:20
I thought there was a weakened code for 5e that might work for pathfinder also?

Tosayuf
October 11th, 2017, 05:34
Is there a way to drag an effect somewhere on the character sheet? It would be nice if we could add some common effects our characters use so they don't have to keep searching them in the effects. IE, our barbarian might add rage and 2h power attack. In battles he could just drag the effect straight off his character sheet.

damned
October 11th, 2017, 05:36
You should add this to the wishlist I think.

Blackfoot
October 11th, 2017, 05:50
Is there a way to drag an effect somewhere on the character sheet? It would be nice if we could add some common effects our characters use so they don't have to keep searching them in the effects. IE, our barbarian might add rage and 2h power attack. In battles he could just drag the effect straight off his character sheet.Most of the folks I play with build common effects they use onto their Actions Tab... they set up a special spell class for 'abilities' or something.. and use it for those effects.

Andraax
October 11th, 2017, 05:55
You can drag effects to the hotkey bar as well.

darrenan
October 12th, 2017, 01:27
You can drag effects to the hotkey bar as well.

But once dragged are not updated if they depend on elements of the character that may change, such as Level, Skills, or Ability Scores.

Andraax
October 12th, 2017, 01:41
But once dragged are not updated if they depend on elements of the character that may change, such as Level, Skills, or Ability Scores.

Neither are attacks or a number of other things that are dragged to the hotkey bar. Something that needs to be updated periodically.

Tosayuf
October 16th, 2017, 05:58
You should add this to the wishlist I think.

Does anyone know which thread the wishlist is in?

damned
October 16th, 2017, 08:04
Does anyone know which thread the wishlist is in?

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Tosayuf
October 18th, 2017, 05:29
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Thank you. Most of those suggestions are from 2012, with one I saw from 2016. Is it still active or a good place to leave suggestions?

damned
October 18th, 2017, 06:20
Thank you. Most of those suggestions are from 2012, with one I saw from 2016. Is it still active or a good place to leave suggestions?

It was setup by the developers and they regularly monitor it.
They dont do it just because its on the list but it does help them gauge what the community is thinking.
Things that are on there and not done are one or more of the following: 1) impossible on current engine 2) conflict with other features in some way 3) in or slated for FGU and possible but too expensive to build into this engine 4) being considered 5) not practical under the current interface (screenspace or mouse clicks or other) 6) not in the developers vision for the product
Things like Dual Monitor support are impossible with the current engine. Dice Mechanics are in FGU and it was deemed too costly to back build into this engine. Ruleset Builder... too complex. But many, many things on there have been implemented as well as many other features.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2017, 16:34
Is there a way to drag an effect somewhere on the character sheet?
As Blackfoot says, add an additional spell class, call it something like "Abilities", add some spells and then create the effects. See the Pathfinder Society pregens here for examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)

urkas
October 18th, 2017, 20:07
I am doing a custom Race for a player and one of the Con's is the character only gets half the effects from Healing -- How can I add that to their character ?

Blackfoot
October 18th, 2017, 20:27
I am doing a custom Race for a player and one of the Con's is the character only gets half the effects from Healing -- How can I add that to their character ?I don't think you can create an effect to do that automatically. You probably have to do it manually each time.

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2017, 21:30
To add to Damned's answer, the default sort order you see on the wishlist is by popularity. That means that the things that will be shown first have lots of votes, and that happens when they are older. If you sort by date instead, you will see that there are things that have been added this month (if not more recent).

sirchibbi
October 23rd, 2017, 20:53
Didn't want to start a new thread since I had a question about effects I thought I could put it here hope that's fine.
One of my players has an ability that lets them bypass DR on one attack, is there a way to make that an effect without just giving him all the damage types for one attack? Thanks!

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2017, 21:38
No, there is no effect which bypasses DR or resistance.

Regards,
JPG

merkvah
July 26th, 2018, 18:50
Is it possible to add an effect which gives a bonus to a specific skill?

We are creating a group of NPCs with core classes, but we're doing generic NPCs. We are making them all humans, but we were thinking of creating racial effects... add 2 to dex, minus 2 to con, +2 to perception to turn the human into an elf, for example.

Is there commandstring that would allow that?

EDIT:

Skill: 99 stealth

that's how you do it. =)

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2018, 19:45
You want the SKILL to be all in caps like this though:
SKILL: 2 perception

yeknom
September 17th, 2018, 13:49
Is there a way to have a ray of enfeeblement type effect, of Strength Damage -1d6+4? I have tried various combinations of ABIL: -1d6 strength AND ABIL; DMG -1d6+4 strength and other slight variations on those and nothing seems to provide me with what I am looking for. Many thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Trenloe
September 17th, 2018, 14:25
Is there a way to have a ray of enfeeblement type effect, of Strength Damage -1d6+4? I have tried various combinations of ABIL: -1d6 strength AND ABIL; DMG -1d6+4 strength and other slight variations on those and nothing seems to provide me with what I am looking for. Many thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Nope. As you can see from the effects Wiki page, abilities are only modifiable by a number (N) - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects#Modifiers

Handle it manually, roll the dice and apply the relevant effect based off the result.

yeknom
September 17th, 2018, 15:27
Thanks Trenloe, I thought that was the deal but figured I'd ask to make sure.

Eternall
February 9th, 2019, 10:21
Hi,
Is it possible to have an effect for the class features of the cavalier called Challenge ?
I don't know what to do for this one : The cavalier takes a –2 penalty to his Armor Class, except against attacks made by the target of his challenge....
Thank you for your help.

Kelrugem
February 9th, 2019, 14:37
Hi :)

I guess this can not be done without manually tweaking it :) While the challenge give him two effects: One general "AC: -2" and then an effect "AC: 2" but with target which will be the same target as of his challenge :) (you can give AC effects a target to which opponents they apply to, use the target button on the right hand side of the effect in the CT) Alternatively give him only "AC: -2" but with multiple targets, i.e. the targets are everyone except the target of his challenge :) But depending on the number of opponents the first solution might be faster :)

Best,

Kelrugem

Eternall
February 9th, 2019, 15:27
thank you Kelrugem :)

Kelrugem
February 9th, 2019, 15:28
You are welcome :)

LordEntrails
February 9th, 2019, 18:50
Hi :)

I guess this can not be done without manually tweaking it :) While the challenge give him two effects: One general "AC: -2" and then an effect "AC: 2" but with target which will be the same target as of his challenge :) (you can give AC effects a target to which opponents they apply to, use the target button on the right hand side of the effect in the CT) Alternatively give him only "AC: -2" but with multiple targets, i.e. the targets are everyone except the target of his challenge :) But depending on the number of opponents the first solution might be faster :)

Best,

Kelrugem

I've never tried this, but if possible maybe three effects something like:

On the paladin
AC:-2
IFT (custom Challenge) AC:2

On the challenged NPC'
Custom (Challenged)

I know my IFT and Custom syntax is completely wrong, and I don't know if IFT works in that direction or not... But, it's the only thing even close I can think of.

Kelrugem
February 9th, 2019, 21:56
I've never tried this, but if possible maybe three effects something like:

On the paladin
AC:-2
IFT (custom Challenge) AC:2

On the challenged NPC'
Custom (Challenged)

I know my IFT and Custom syntax is completely wrong, and I don't know if IFT works in that direction or not... But, it's the only thing even close I can think of.

Besides the syntax (as you mentioned, too :D) this should work, too, I guess :) Basically the targeting for effects is something like introducing a custom variable and giving this hidden custom variable to the effect-targeted opponent, in abstract sense :) I prefer the Custom syntax when this is an effect which one wants to keep always (because it is often important) but one is too lazy to turn it off again and again when the effect should not apply (because e.g. the AC effect starts to apply always when there is no effect-target). I do not know the mechanics of this "challenge"; when this often happens then your method is indeed better because then it is easier to keep it in the CT :) Thanks for mentioning it :)

xBzGrumpyCat
April 4th, 2019, 16:47
Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
Does any of you know a way, maybe?

Kelrugem
April 5th, 2019, 00:43
Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
Does any of you know a way, maybe?

I am his DM and I just found it out on my own :) If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

:) ([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed :)

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases :)

Best, Kelrugem

Kelrugem
May 18th, 2019, 05:22
I am his DM and I just found it out on my own :) If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

:) ([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed :)

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases :)

Best, Kelrugem

Just if someone needs that, too: There is a way to code Divine Grace completely.

ATK: [-BAB]; ATK: [LVL]

(applied from the action tab of course)

It is not on the wiki but there is also the PC specific tag/note about the base attack which one gets by [BAB]. I saw this in the code that this possibility also exists, the wiki page is just not complete :D

Ckorik
August 11th, 2019, 17:35
Is there a way to ignore concealment? As an example - it's dark - everything has concealment - but darkvision ignores that - I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the targets concelement on a roll.

Asgurgolas
August 11th, 2019, 23:35
Just ignore the "miss" and if the main hit hits, simply roll for damage?

Blahness98
August 12th, 2019, 00:51
Is there a way to ignore concealment? As an example - it's dark - everything has concealment - but darkvision ignores that - I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the targets concelement on a roll.

Not on a specific roll. But, you can have your GM turn off the whatever CONC effect is currently in effect for your player and then turn it back on. Otherwise, ignore the auto miss chance roll.

bmos
March 17th, 2020, 16:03
I've been setting up some characters for my friends since all my games went to online play (thanks coronavirus o.o)

Here's a list of the effects I am using, hopefully they help others:

Classes:
Paladin:
Smite-A; IFT: ALIGN(evil); IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-TA); DMGTYPE: spell; ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [CL]
Smite Bonus; IFT: ALIGN(evil); TYPE(outsider); IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-TA); DMG: [CL] (expend on first roll)
Smite-TA; IF: ALIGN(evil); IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-A); ATK: -4 (equivalent of the [CHA] deflection bonus to AC -- need to change number manually)

Silver Smite Bracelet;IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-TA); DMG: [CHA]; IF: CUSTOM (Smite Bonus); DMG: [CHA]

Rogue:
Dirty Fighter; IF: CUSTOM (Flanking); DMG: 1 relies on "Flanking; ATK: 2" being applied when character is flanking and adds extra 1 dmg from Dirty Fighter
Offensive Defense; AC: 1 (1rd) only used if sneak attack hits

Bard (Detective):
Careful Teamwork; INIT: 1; SKILL: 1 perception, disable device (1 hr)

Vampire Hunter:
Undead Exterminator; IFT: TYPE(undead); ATK: 2; DMG: 2

Races:
Tiefling:
Fiendish Resistance; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 electricity

Gnome:
Defensive Training; IF:TYPE (giant) AC:1
Hatred; IF: TYPE(goblinoid, reptilian) AC:1

I'll post more as I write them.

bmos
June 17th, 2020, 13:50
Just came across this updated 3.5/PF1e effects reference doc from FGU:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects

Does anyone know if the "PC Specific Notes" stuff works in FGC?
I'm trying to update my player's paladin to use the CHA and LVL commands so I don't have to change her effects when she gets a stat or level boost.

I have changed:
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: 4; DMG: 12
to:
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: CHA; DMG: LVL

and it's not working... no effect modifier added

Blackfoot
June 17th, 2020, 13:53
Just came across this updated 3.5/PF1e effects reference doc from FGU:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects

Does anyone know if the "PC Specific Notes" stuff works in FGC?
I'm trying to update my player's paladin to use the CHA and LVL commands so I don't have to change her effects when she gets a stat or level boost.

I have changed:
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: 4; DMG: 12
to:
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: CHA; DMG: LVL

and it's not working... no effect modifier added
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]
Try this..

bmos
June 17th, 2020, 14:04
Smite; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: bleed; ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]
Try this..

Can't believe I missed that in their examples. Thanks so much :D

wakhere
July 14th, 2020, 14:21
Barbarian's Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2
Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 morale will; AC: -2
Mighty Rage; STR: 8; CON: 8; SAVE: 4 morale will; AC: -2
Inspiring Word
Resistant Touch
Aura of Protection
Charge; AC: -2 - there is also a +2 bonus to a single attack
Barkskin; AC: 2 natural
Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement
Heroes' Feast; IMMUNE: poison; ATK: 1 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will
Mage Armor; AC: 4 armor - note that this will stack with an armor bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will; AC: -2
Righteous Might; STR: 4 size; CON: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; DR: 3 evil; AC: -1; ATK: -1
Shield; AC: 4 shield - note that this will stack with a shield bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
Transformation; STR: 4 enhancement; DEX: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement; AC: 4 natural; SAVE: 5 competence fortitude
Mutagen
Banner
Lion's Call
Ward

I have been using these...and they half work for me. but for example....dropping effect "magic weapon" on a player in the combat tracker add his bonus to hit and list when he does an attack. but the damage does not. same for prayer (Allie or enemy) nor does magic weapon make the damage magic so it still bounces off of DR incorporeal etc.
am I missing an installed module or something....