PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-11: The Quest for Perfection—Part II: On Hostile Water

hawkwind
January 8th, 2013, 20:50
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 1–5.

With an ancient Iroran relic in hand, the Pathfinders must make a long river voyage to the inland nation of Shokuro to return it to the only person who can reactivate the long-dormant artifact. Whether dangers take the form of goblinoid menaces on the shores of Kaoling to the north or the powerful armies of Lingshen to the south, the Pathfinders' journey will be anything but a pleasure cruise. Can the PCs survive hostile waters to safely reach their destination, or will they fall victim to the perils of river travel in Tian Xia?

"On Hostile Waters" is the second scenario in the three-part The Quest for Perfection campaign arc. It follows Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–09: The Quest for Perfection—Part I: The Edge of Heaven and is followed by Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–13: The Quest for Perfection—Part III: Defenders of Nesting Swallow. All three chapters are intended to be played in order.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=973

15th January 2013 8pm GMT

You don't need to have played in Part one

I will be running this game over two sessions each being 2-3 hours long probably a week apart

Skellan
January 8th, 2013, 21:05
Awesome, I will add Norbur's character and chronicle shortly

Killian
January 8th, 2013, 21:05
Great I'm in! I played part one and this is a great time for me so this'll be great. I'll post .xml's once I've crosschecked some things that my copy's most recent but feel free to import the last one I sent you for Part 1

hawkwind
January 8th, 2013, 21:09
Just hope some of the characters can swim or know their way round a boat!

Killian
January 8th, 2013, 21:33
heh as long as we can do purchases beforehand but am I right in thinking we had a pirate on our team?

Checks completed here's a copy of Haematite after most recent purchases and a copy of the last chronicle sheet.

Zephyr_Saxon
January 9th, 2013, 03:01
I put my character sheet at the end again. hope you get it.

hawkwind
January 9th, 2013, 09:02
If there is still room for one more, I'd be more than happy to accompany the endeavor.
Mind if I join in?

Also I have no prior chronicles.
no. problem

Gadreun
January 9th, 2013, 09:41
sorry matey cant make this one im only available weekends

levinth
January 9th, 2013, 11:31
Is there still space? I have a new character (no chronicle sheets) here.

Zephyr_Saxon
January 9th, 2013, 12:40
no. problem

I suppose if it isn't a problem, my character will become active soon in the calendar event?
I'm quite new to this site.

cerijoel
January 9th, 2013, 13:08

I've submitted a Witch, I hear they float quite well (or perhaps sink).

Trueshots
January 9th, 2013, 17:19
I'll be taking my Ninja again,Lia-Level 2, but running a game with Skellan today. So once I have the chronicle I will post character and chronicle. Looking forward to this!

Skellan
January 13th, 2013, 07:47
Here's Norbur and his last Chronicle

Trueshots
January 13th, 2013, 19:18
Here's the Hero of our Party, the real "Star of the Show" so to speak.

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 07:34

I am so dead in this one :O

Zephyr_Saxon
January 14th, 2013, 08:02
I am so dead in this one :O

I might die too but I still want to try. But for some strange reason my chronicle wont upload here. :( idk what to do

Skellan
January 14th, 2013, 08:19
Here's Zephyr's chronicle

levinth
January 14th, 2013, 09:31
Quick question - will we be using TeamSpeak for this game or something else?

Trueshots
January 14th, 2013, 17:19
we usually use team speak, actually every time ive played PFS, we've used TS. Look a Skellan's post above. In his signature line is the TS info. hope this helps.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2013, 18:05
See post #1 of this thread for more info on the FG community Teamspeak server we use: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17071

levinth
January 14th, 2013, 19:49
That's great, thanks for your help guys :)

Zephyr_Saxon
January 15th, 2013, 14:01
Thanks for that skellan. Cant wait for the game.

hawkwind
January 15th, 2013, 16:18
Still not had your character sheet Zephyr Saxon

hawkwind
January 15th, 2013, 16:21
And nothing also from Zaphyr

hawkwind
January 15th, 2013, 16:33
Servers up see you all at 8

Zephyr_Saxon
January 15th, 2013, 16:52
But i put my character sheet up and skellan gave you my chronicle because I couldnt get mine up. Here is my character sheet again but no matter how hard I try my chronicle wont upload. Skellan put it up earlier. Couldn't you get it from there?

Zyrah
January 15th, 2013, 20:19
I will not be able to attend the game today. I didn't realize when I signed up that I would be having to study for an upcoming test. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Best of luck!!

Skellan
January 15th, 2013, 20:21
ok, good luck with your test!

hawkwind
January 15th, 2013, 22:35
ok thanks for playing, the next session will be the same time next week, I hope everything went ok for you Trueshot and look forward to gaming with you next week

Zephyr_Saxon
January 15th, 2013, 22:38
The campaign was fun and we seemed to get along well. befriending you guys would be awesome in my book. why lose contact with good people?

Trueshots
January 15th, 2013, 23:01
ok thanks for playing, the next session will be the same time next week, I hope everything went ok for you Trueshot and look forward to gaming with you next week
Man, I am so sorry. I was having to deal with some pretty rough issues with two different kids. I feel really bad for abandoning you guys like that, but you did have the dwarf you could have thrown to the wolves and run away :) I understand if you need to drop me from the group. I wasn't there much and when I was there, my mind was elsewhere. Just let me know, the story line was cool from what I could tell, hate I had all this other stuff going on :(

hawkwind
January 15th, 2013, 23:05
well if you can make next tuesday you are welcome to continue playing

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2013, 14:28
every one still playing tonight?

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2013, 14:29
is everyone. still up for playing tonight?

Skellan
January 22nd, 2013, 14:39
Yeah, looking forward to it :) 8pm?

Trueshots
January 22nd, 2013, 15:03
I'm there! Looking forward to it!

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2013, 16:19
the usual. time unless I have trouble putting my kids to bed

Trueshots
January 22nd, 2013, 16:21
the usual. time unless I have trouble putting my kids to bed
Just give them a bunch of caffeine, candy, and sugar.....They will be fine and you'll be good to go!

levinth
January 22nd, 2013, 17:59
I won't be able to make it tonight. Really sorry guys :( Have a good session!

Trueshots
January 22nd, 2013, 18:37
Hawk I have a replacement player for you if you're in need just let me know.

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2013, 18:55
server is up room for one more I will do you your first chronicle sheet Levinth

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2013, 18:59
Hawk I have a replacement player for you if you're in need just let me know.
I think I might be breaking society rules if I let a play join half way through. what's everyone roses opinion on this.?

Tinculin
January 22nd, 2013, 20:10
Pretty sure a player can't join mid scenario.

Also remember that a player who has not completed at least 3 encounters receives 0 xp on their chronicle sheet:

A PC may only receive XP if:
- he survives the scenario; or
- is raised from the dead by the scenario’s conclusion,
and completed at least three encounters over the course of the adventure.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2013, 02:59
I think I might be breaking society rules if I let a play join half way through. what's everyone roses opinion on this.?
You have to play each session with the same players if you are splitting a scenario into multiple parts. If someone who started the first session can't play subsequent sessions then they get a chronicle (they can't replay this scenario) but whether they get XP is based on what Tinculin mentions. They will get GP based on what the scenario says is available to each PC after each encounter they play.

Players cannot join a game after the first session.

hawkwind
January 23rd, 2013, 11:33
yup that's what I thought, nice to have it confirmed

hawkwind
January 25th, 2013, 16:45
chronicle sheets for every one bar Levinth ( don't know your society membership number) and Killian who said he wanted a few extra purchases on his chronicle sheet

hawkwind
January 28th, 2013, 14:44
one more chronicle sheet for Killian, i will announce part three soon

Skellan
January 29th, 2013, 01:57
chronicle looks great thanks

thanks for running :)

hawkwind
January 30th, 2013, 12:01
I am the next one almost ready and was thinking of running it next Wednesday the 6th, are Skellan Killian and treshotts able to make that date, I would like to do the module so you guys have done all three parts

Trueshots
January 30th, 2013, 16:14
I am the next one almost ready and was thinking of running it next Wednesday the 6th, are Skellan Killian and treshotts able to make that date, I would like to do the module so you guys have done all three parts
Wed the sixth seems good to me!

Killian
January 30th, 2013, 21:58
Yup I can make that I just have to move a class around

hawkwind
January 30th, 2013, 23:09
OK we will go with next Wednesday then, in will put the game on the Calendar and announce it properly tomorrow

hawkwind
January 30th, 2013, 23:11
Oh it will be my usual spilt session format