PDA

View Full Version : Realms of Cthulhu: Friday 18th 7.30pm Jan (GMT)

Isembard
January 5th, 2013, 18:08
I cut my teeth on Call of Cthulhu before recently falling in love with the Savage Worlds Ruleset. I have converted many original scenarios from CoC to RoC from Wild West Mythos to WW”, from Russia to Gaslight. I’m looking to run a few short (one or two session) scenarios to try and get a settled group before taking on something bigger on the Masks of Nyarlathotep, Tatters of the King scale. Hopefully some of you will want to give this a shot. This will probably run fortnightly to coincide with my Evernight game; should it get enough players.

Thefallenflame
January 6th, 2013, 06:52
sounds awesome :D

Isembard
January 6th, 2013, 16:10
If you are interested sign up at the game calendar to get this game up and running.

Thefallenflame
January 6th, 2013, 17:07
ok now i have

Isembard
January 6th, 2013, 17:39
Good stuff. I'll PM you some more details when a few more folk have signed up.

Isembard
January 7th, 2013, 16:21
With a couple of people declaring interest on the game calendar would it be easier to run this game on a Saturday. I'm fairly stuck to starting at 7.30pm (GMT) so a Saturday game may help other players with their schedule.
Friday night is still my preference but will make the switch to get this up and running.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...dex.xcp?id=970

Thefallenflame
January 7th, 2013, 16:25
can you make a call charecter in FG?
im fairly new to it

Isembard
January 7th, 2013, 18:03
Yes you make your character in the program. All in all it views like a normal sheet with you able to make rolls etc. I'll be using MurghBpurns RoC extension which adds sanity and corruption to the standard Savage Worlds sheet.
Once the games set up I can arrange to log on and take you through the basics if you'd like.

Thefallenflame
January 7th, 2013, 19:46
i cant find a call charecter sheet in it

Isembard
January 7th, 2013, 20:39
The game will run through my a server hosted on my computer. I need to have Fantasy Grounds open for you to log into my game and create your character.
To host/GM a game yourself you would need to purchase the CoC ruleset through the store.
My Realms game will use the Savage Worlds Ruleset. As a player you do not require this ruleset, just a lite copy of Fantasy Grounds to allow you to log onto my game.
Hope this helps.

Thefallenflame
January 7th, 2013, 20:47
it helps alot
so we create charecters when?

Isembard
January 8th, 2013, 17:45
I plan to run a scenario called "Death in Luxor" first. To allow players to get to know the system; and to ensure that they have the right skill set I have converted the pregens to Savage Worlds.
If you want to have a look at the CoC sheets and backgrounds to see who you might want to play they can be downloaded from here.

https://www.goodman-games.com/7001preview.html

Look for resources and pregens at the bottom of the page.

Cheers
Isembard

Thefallenflame
January 8th, 2013, 17:59
ok cool

- The Fallen Flame

Isembard
January 8th, 2013, 18:09
If we get a regular game going we'll do custom characters for a big campaign. I'm currently torn between Tatters of the King and Walker in the Wastes.

Thefallenflame
January 8th, 2013, 18:11
cool i have only played shadow over insmouth and a custiom campain

Isembard
January 11th, 2013, 17:46
Have you had a look at the pregens? Darkling420's snagged the Private Investigator, let me know if anyone has caught your eye.

Isembard
January 16th, 2013, 19:11
I'm sorry to say this game is delayed due to lack of interest. Please sign up at the game calendar to resurrect this.
Thanks
Isembard

Isembard
January 18th, 2013, 20:47
There has been a bit more interest on the Game Calendar so hopefully this game will happen. I'll PM those who have already declared interest when things look a little more solid.

Isembard
January 20th, 2013, 12:18
4 out of 5 player slots filled! I'll PM everyone who has signed up with suggested start dates soon.
If any one is still interested the first investigation is Goodman Games "Death in Luxor". I plan to use pregens with the professional mystic investigator still to be chosen.
Thanks for the interest as I love Cthulhu and really want to get this game going.