PDA

View Full Version : Power Points in 4E system

zapoqx
January 4th, 2013, 22:41
I have been trying to figure this out. I saw Power Points exist in FG2 for the 3.5/pathfinder module when I was making a character for a oneshot, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a power point system in 4E? Does the DM need to get some add-on for it if there isn't?

Sharpevil
January 5th, 2013, 06:35
Power points don't seem to translate well into fantasy grounds' 4e character sheets, in my experience.

zapoqx
January 5th, 2013, 06:58
Hm :/ So I'll have to use an external source to keep track of my Power Points and add all augments as separate powers.
EDIT:
Well as a side fix, what I did is made a new power called "Points" and named the source Utility just so that if I use the organizer tabs, it would show in Traits instead of misc. I then just went to prep and changed it to 2. Tested it if I had 11 power points and works just as well. Made it encounter powers so I should be able to recharge during rests and change the ticks of uses if I gain power points back.
Only thing I wish is if it was easier to create the power cards to have line breaks without editing the XML since once I upload it to the DM, its out of my hands.

Invictys
April 18th, 2013, 17:51
I am also trying to create a new power for psionic Power Points as a workaround.

I created a power called "Power Points" and made it an encounter power so they reset after each encounter. But I am having trouble creating multiple check boxes for each power point available.

In the post above you mention going to prep and changing it to 2 or 11 or however many PP the character has but I cannot seem to find any way to do that.

I know this post was from a few months ago is there still a way to do this with the latest version of FG2?

Thanks!

Griogre
April 18th, 2013, 19:30
Did you go to the main character sheet, not the mini sheet, click the Powers tab and change the mode to preparation at the bottom and change the number of uses next to the Power Name?

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/PrepMode_zpsfa22f4ef.png

Invictys
April 18th, 2013, 19:50
Ok I feel foolish now! I must have clicked on everything BUT the mode button haha!

Thanks it works perfectly. Amazing piece of software once you get over the learning curve! I'm just getting started but I am extremely impressed so far.

Thank you for the prompt and detailed response also, much appreciated

Griogre
April 18th, 2013, 20:03
Glad you got it sorted out. A pic can be worth a thousand words and the 4E/3.5/Pathfinder rulesets are the most complicated to use and they were grown organically so not everything is very intuitive at first.

Invictys
April 18th, 2013, 20:59
Indeed, it seems like everything I want to do is POSSIBLE but not necessarily intuitive.

I don't mind the learning curve though because frankly that's to be expected with such a robust piece of customizable software. Simple usually means light on features.

I'd much rather it take longer to learn and wind up with something that perfectly meets my needs. Thus far its looking good!

zapoqx
April 25th, 2013, 10:40
ya, sorry I wasn't quicker on it also. Glad you got it to work. Also want to point out I managed to get the line breaks to work (yay). Just can't remember how, but I'm sure it will come up.