PDA

View Full Version : Possibly looking at starting a star wars game in the future

jasonthelamb
January 3rd, 2013, 09:51
I'm debating about running a star wars game on FG in the future, it will have to wait until late January / Early feb so I can see what school looks like.

I have an old Star Wars system on FGII, but I was wondering if there was anything newer? I played a session or two of one star wars game before the DM disappeared.

Getting to the game, the date would probably be Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, and be like 6-10EST or something.

If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

Valarian
January 3rd, 2013, 10:27
I've been thinking of Star Wars using FATE Core. I've run a Babylon 5 game using FATE (Starblazers Adventures / Bulldogs!) and this was pretty good. I'm currently in the middle of notes for a Star Wars game.

Other than that, the WEG d6 ruleset still works. The 3.5e ruleset should be okay for d20 Star Wars. The new FFG Star Wars RPG is still in beta. If anyone has done a ruleset for that, they wouldn't be able to distribute it until at least the end of the beta.

Valarian
January 3rd, 2013, 10:28
By the way, I'd be interested in playing if at a UK friendly time. Any chance of Saturday afternoon sessions (your time)?

CrimsonCrust
January 3rd, 2013, 12:20
Sign me up. Ricky One Con Roady. :)_

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2013, 16:08
The new FFG Star Wars RPG is still in beta. If anyone has done a ruleset for that, they wouldn't be able to distribute it until at least the end of the beta.
The first release is out - the "beginner game": https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=224&enmi=Star%20Wars:%20Edge%20of%20the%20Empire%20Beg inner%20Game

CrimsonCrust
January 3rd, 2013, 16:14
The first release is out - the "beginner game": https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=224&enmi=Star%20Wars:%20Edge%20of%20the%20Empire%20Beg inner%20Game

How do we import that into FG?

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2013, 16:20
How do we import that into FG?
Someone needs to develop/modify a ruleset to cater for at least the basics of the FFG Star Wars system. Along the lines of what Neil did for his amazing WFRP 3E ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14280 which has a similar "dice pool" mechanic (hardly surprising as it is the same company producing them) so it might be possible to build on Neil's work if he's willing to let people take his WFRP 3E ruleset and modify it.

The usual areas of copyright need to be observed if rulesets/modules are distributed to the community.

Valarian
January 3rd, 2013, 16:53
There was someone looking at a conversion of the WFRP 3e ruleset. Not sure how far they got.

Shanek
January 4th, 2013, 00:57
I'm interested

CrimsonCrust
January 4th, 2013, 02:35
Deleted for inaccuracy.

wiley15
January 13th, 2013, 05:50
If this game is still a possibility I would be interested as well. Tue/Thurs evenings are best but M/W also possibilities from 7 - 12 EST.

jasonthelamb
January 20th, 2013, 06:51
If you're still interested in this, shoot me a PM- just want to get an idea of what everyone has in mind for characters that's interested in playing.

Play time looks to be (probably) Thursday night from 6-10PM EST (may vary, I'm flexible).

CrimsonCrust
January 20th, 2013, 17:48
We should do this Sunday nights. I am dropping from my current game anyway. If you are still down to co-gm this thing that is :) Even if not, I could just be a normal player as I am lazy as hell anyway.

Haha.

-CrimsonCrust

jasonthelamb
January 20th, 2013, 18:57
Okay, if the game was Sunday nights; who could play?

CrimsonCrust
January 20th, 2013, 18:58
Me and my wife that is 2.