PDA

View Full Version : A Bitter Quest

Pages : [1] 2

Willot
December 29th, 2012, 02:17
After the return of the corpse of the child the party is tasked with finding the father, Idris Eavewalker an Elven ranger of some Renown. So North the adventuers travel into the region of Druma, a land glutting itself on the wealth of trade, ruled by the high prophet of a strange, secular religion that values wealth and trade above any deity.

As this is a new quest. It deserves a new forum entry.

Syndrome
December 29th, 2012, 02:32
yay for new forum entry and quests

Argol228
December 29th, 2012, 02:43
pasted from calander

Ok so why is justice lvl 4 and why am I suddenly the only combat caster?

Willot
December 29th, 2012, 02:54
pasted from calander

Ok so why is justice lvl 4 and why am I suddenly the only combat caster?
Nah Justice isnt lvl 4 that was a stuff up, he knows.

Sydrome said he just wasnt "feeling" the illusionist so asked if he could change to a Rogue(he paid the price of starting his character at 0XP again tho)
He's hanging onto Estabon as a backup in case his character dies.

So yeah, the mobs better get out the asbestos underwear coz yer up!

May try to get another in for a caster. Not important too much in this first bit tho

Willot
December 29th, 2012, 02:58
I might suggest that everyone does have a backup character as there is a chance there will be death.

"Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him?"

Syndrome
December 29th, 2012, 03:11
never a bad idea to have a back up lol... i usually prefer to play a rogue and since there was that unfortunate accident in our last game i thought id ask lol

Ardem
December 29th, 2012, 10:08
Any chance in getting into the calendar entry or making a new calender entry.

Willot
December 29th, 2012, 14:14
Any chance in getting into the calendar entry or making a new calender entry.
I sent an invite but maybe it doesnt work if its set to not accepting ill set it to accepting and you should be able to join

Willot
December 29th, 2012, 14:16
I sent an invite but maybe it doesnt work if its set to not accepting ill set it to accepting and you should be able to join

ah nm I see your in now

Gadreun
December 29th, 2012, 17:47
I will do my best to keep the party alive fellas, now that can heal 2d6 - 8 times a day hoping we wont get too bloodied up. but we will need to work closely together to maximise our strengths and minimise our weaknesses. Love Syndromes new character name! brilliant. looking forward to game.

Willot
December 30th, 2012, 02:51
Good Game guys!

The Curse of the rogue continues!

Maybe Estabon can take a rogue lvl?

Syndrome
December 30th, 2012, 02:55
oh yea and put a target on my back? lol

Willot
December 30th, 2012, 03:02
MUhahahahaahahaahhah

Argol228
December 30th, 2012, 05:37
I also think the party should try all wearing pink silk dresses and pink high heels. It seemed to help Malena avoid taking a single point of damage this session.

Gadreun
December 30th, 2012, 05:55
no one likes to hit a girl wielding dual handbags :)

Willot
December 30th, 2012, 07:00
Each containing a half brick remember

Argol228
December 30th, 2012, 07:36
Keep that up and you may find yourself accidentally in range of Burning hands ;) :p

Willot
December 30th, 2012, 07:49
Keep that up and you may find yourself accidentally in range of Burning hands ;) :p
like the emperor cept with flames instead of lighting

Gadreun
December 30th, 2012, 08:37
Keep that up and you may find yourself accidentally in range of Burning hands ;) :p haha i always make sure im 31 feet away from you with a packet of marshmallows on a stick :p

Syndrome
January 2nd, 2013, 02:54
i was actually looking at going some rogue as well and go arcane trickster... but i realized just now that disable device aint an int skill anymore its dex... but still thinking about it lol

Gadreun
January 2nd, 2013, 04:51
cant wizards cast open/close and knock? wizards are the best rogues out - invisibilty silence knock charm person etc :)

Ardem
January 2nd, 2013, 05:29
I learnt my lesson about warrior women in high heels.

Never trust them, the moment you move into help they are gone like the wind, as you face off something twice your size alone!

Argol228
January 2nd, 2013, 06:13
I learnt my lesson about warrior women in high heels.

Never trust them, the moment you move into help they are gone like the wind, as you face off something twice your size alone!

Oh, you mean like the time you scampered up a tree and let the party almost die. I also Recall malena having helped out out of a tough situation at least once.

Syndrome
January 2nd, 2013, 11:28
yea but sneak attack damage with a spell is pretty awesome lol

Willot
January 2nd, 2013, 14:02
Oh, you mean like the time you scampered up a tree and let the party almost die. I also Recall malena having helped out out of a tough situation at least once.

Bawahahah Tree! Bawhahaha...... No trees in a cave you see :)

Willot
January 2nd, 2013, 14:02
yea but sneak attack damage with a spell is pretty awesome lol

That would be pretty awesome

Argol228
January 2nd, 2013, 14:27
Bawahahah Tree! Bawhahaha...... No trees in a cave you see :)
wolves, session 1, colour spray. ring any bells?

Actually, if I recall a fight in the next session had him do the same thing, I also recall him running out of the room back in the monestary. I ran in to save him from the warg and almost died as I stood ground to let him get away. I think I also gave him my only cure light, though that may have been our wizard friend that I gave my potion to.

Willot
January 2nd, 2013, 20:47
wolves, session 1, colour spray. ring any bells?

Actually, if I recall a fight in the next session had him do the same thing, I also recall him running out of the room back in the monestary. I ran in to save him from the warg and almost died as I stood ground to let him get away. I think I also gave him my only cure light, though that may have been our wizard friend that I gave my potion to.

halflings, EVERYTHING is twice his Height!
He's only stirring ya up you know? :rv:

Ardem
January 2nd, 2013, 23:40
hahahaha

The dead cannot speak for themselves, but Xanhorn was a little biatch <smile>

But in Xanhorn defence he did jump down from the tree, only to be bitten and KOed once again. Actually for the majority of those games Xanhorn was on his back in a pool of blood. Or over a horse in a pool of blood, or lying in cave dust in a pool of blood, or against a wall in a trap in a pool of blood.

I better take that hook out of you mouth otherwise you will choke on it. <evil grin>

The dwarf is done will send it to you when I get home Willot.

I think the dwarf will be a suicidal maniac that thinks he can dance with dragons, especially when he is on the turps which is close to always. He will love a good fight, but slow to anger, and reluctant to kill except for goblins which he has no choice as all dwarves have a hatred towards goblins. (in the books not me) Goblins will have a kill on sight policy, never any deals, even to save his own or other life else it will bring dishonour to his clan.

Argol228
January 2nd, 2013, 23:56
hahahaha

The dead cannot speak for themselves, but Xanhorn was a little biatch <smile>

But in Xanhorn defence he did jump down from the tree, only to be bitten and KOed once again. Actually for the majority of those games Xanhorn was on his back in a pool of blood. Or over a horse in a pool of blood, or lying in cave dust in a pool of blood, or against a wall in a trap in a pool of blood.

I better take that hook out of you mouth otherwise you will choke on it. <evil grin>

The dwarf is done will send it to you when I get home Willot.

I think the dwarf will be a suicidal maniac that thinks he can dance with dragons, especially when he is on the turps which is close to always. He will love a good fight, but slow to anger, and reluctant to kill except for goblins which he has no choice as all dwarves have a hatred towards goblins. (in the books not me) Goblins will have a kill on sight policy, never any deals, even to save his own or other life else it will bring dishonour to his clan.

Oh I wasn't being serious or riled up or anything like that. I replied mostly because I was bored.

Ardem
January 3rd, 2013, 00:01
<smile> Thats good

Willot
January 6th, 2013, 00:49
Hey Look! Malena!

I have no idea why I did this Just found a picture that could be easyily changed So I did :)

Syndrome
January 6th, 2013, 02:41
sorry about not showing tonight... ended up having to carry the cat to the vet this morning so i didnt get to sleep til a few hours before game start... and sadly my alarm was ignored by my sleeping self lol

Willot
January 6th, 2013, 02:54
sorry about not showing tonight... ended up having to carry the cat to the vet this morning so i didnt get to sleep til a few hours before game start... and sadly my alarm was ignored by my sleeping self lol
lol check the date. It isnt on until next week

Syndrome
January 6th, 2013, 03:27
oh **** thats awesome lol... good thing i didnt get up then haha

Argol228
January 6th, 2013, 06:53
Hey Look! Malena!

I have no idea why I did this Just found a picture that could be easyily changed So I did :)
That is awesome. I am intrigued at what the original was.

Willot
January 6th, 2013, 07:43
That is awesome. I am intrigued at what the original was.
The Original

Willot
January 6th, 2013, 09:20
Heres Justice too. At least he doesnt look quite so evil here ;)

And the orginal

Gadreun
January 11th, 2013, 08:00
haha that's the meanest looking pally i ever saw! Malena looks good! what was her charisma again? lol i think ill have to stop teasing about the swinging brick handbags she's getting deadly.

Willot
January 12th, 2013, 07:35
testing my sig

Gadreun
January 13th, 2013, 03:20
good session! Last time I fix some guys wagon!

Willot
January 13th, 2013, 03:29
good session! Last time I fix some guys wagon!

That encounter was to gauge the strengths and weakness of the party. He obvious isnt a good judge...

The Ambush was initially MUCH harder but I dumbed it down. I shouldn't have...lol

Ardem
January 13th, 2013, 14:40
Nice to get back into the Dwarven role, hope for Scottish accent was not too off putting.

I am terrible at accents however, if I spend time with a certain nationality I do pick up the inflections and start talking like them quickly so picking up accents is not hard. I spend 4 weeks with some kiwis in brisbane and my inflections changed enough to sound more kiwi then aussie. Same happened in malaysia, but then I lose it when I get back to OZ pretty quickly.

Confusing huh.

Willot
January 14th, 2013, 08:58
It was fine :) I cant talk, some of my voices keep changing from Scottish to french lol

Syndrome
January 14th, 2013, 11:19
lol i dont think anyone is expecting perfection but its definitely fun to get into character with a voice

Willot
January 14th, 2013, 12:12
lol i dont think anyone is expecting perfection but its definitely fun to get into character with a voice
havnt done a evil voice yet.

Gadreun
January 15th, 2013, 09:04
with dwarves its more the gruffness than the accent - my dads Scottish (ie born there) but his accent is very broad now - your accents fine.

Willot
January 15th, 2013, 10:03
Posted new time. In two weeks. Probably be every two weeks regulatory now.

Argol228
January 19th, 2013, 01:25
naww, that is a bummer. but I can understand if you have to make it a fortnightly thing.

Willot
January 19th, 2013, 04:07
Yeah I just wasnt getting things done around the house. As the weekend was the only time I had to do things

Ardem
January 19th, 2013, 05:05
fortnightly is good for me so I am secretly happy about this keeps the dragon off my back.

Gadreun
January 19th, 2013, 07:40
fortnightly works for me too :)

Gadreun
January 23rd, 2013, 12:40
Sorry guys i cant make this weeks game. Family stuff has cropped up. Ill be good to go for next games tho - its just a one off i cant avoid :(

tahl_liadon
January 26th, 2013, 21:30
gm, did justice level to 4th or 5th since last session? can't recall...

Willot
January 26th, 2013, 21:39
gm, did justice level to 4th or 5th since last session? can't recall...
You are currently 4th You did your level last session :)

Gadreun
January 28th, 2013, 05:57
how did the game go? What did i miss? cheers (and sorry again).

Willot
January 28th, 2013, 08:56
how did the game go? What did i miss? cheers (and sorry again).
The players had to transgress a rope bridge put up by the orcs. The Dwarf said after a chin scratch and an appraising eye, "Orcs couldnt organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of gold pieces!" So the gnome said being the lightest said he'd go with a couple of WHoA!s~ and woobles He made it accross! Turning to give his companions a wave he over balanced and fell. At the last minute he managed to grab the edge of the chasm but sliped after uttering "Flee You Fools!" Then he fell into SHadow! And took 78 hits (he WONT be coming back in white or any other colour! ;) ). ON the up side a Halfling has teamed up to fill the slot.

They've killed alot of Orcs and are not decending into a large hole with a grand staircase winding down into darkness.

%They havnt found the ranger yet. OH and the halfing had a chat with the spirits of the dead.

Ardem
January 28th, 2013, 09:10
That is a very fair summary <smile>

Gadreun
January 29th, 2013, 07:59
Shame, we'd barely got to know each other, 'clink!'

I know where you keep your gun, 'spose that's something.

True. How did he die?

Your contact? Not well.

Doesnt pay to be a small person in our group :)

looking forward to the next game!

tahl_liadon
January 29th, 2013, 15:38
How did he die?

i think it went something like this:

- rickety bridge
- halfling tried to cross
- orc shot at him
- turned invisible
- justice was nearbe
- bent over to pick up an electrum piece
- stood up, turned around quickly to say "look, an electrum!"
- the long reach lucern hammer made a wide sweep behind him
- felt hammer hit something, justice did a 180°
- saw nothing; waved at orcs on the other side
- (not even a faint thud could be heard at the bottom [20d6])
- justice shrugged and went to look for some rope -- an electrum richer
- wondered where the halfling went when returned with 35' of rope

Willot
January 30th, 2013, 09:08
The dwarf spent most of the time looking for a cleric of Cayden Cailean.
When Kell Said "Surely the Divine powers of Sarenrae could be of assistance?"
The Dwarf replied "No, No dont trouble yer self laddie, i'm just lookin for a corkscrew..."

Also Kell's shield has a big scorch mark in the middle of it. But ill let the Dwarf explain that one..

Willot
January 30th, 2013, 09:12
i think it went something like this:
(not even a faint thud could be heard at the bottom [20d6])

Cept for the faint voice "im ...not dead.Im just very very badly hurt. If someone could..."
<sound of door opening>
"Oh thank the gods if you could...
<BaNG!>
"YOU SHOT ME!!"
<BaNG!>

Dwarf said "och! He'll be missed. The little...

"THAT REALLY HURT YOU SHOT ME!"

<BaNG!>....<BANG!> <Bang!>

Dwarf...."right"

Willot
February 6th, 2013, 19:57
Turn the pins(shortcuts) on in the maps. I made it to teach myself FGII Ive never play tested it but you might be able to adjust it.

Here it is (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgOUZQbmlDME5Yem8/edit?usp=sharing)

If anyone wants it

Argol228
February 7th, 2013, 16:37
Just had a DCC session tonight where we made a discovery as our thief fell to his death. We talked about all our other games and the last couple of deaths we could remember, and the numbers came up.
90% of RPG deaths are falls. The other 10% are thief related. So, from now on, if we have a thief in the party, and we go anywhere that you can fall and die. the thief has a 100% mortality rate

Syndrome
February 7th, 2013, 20:52
those are the kind of odds i like

Willot
February 10th, 2013, 03:11
in case anyone wants to re-read stuff

Picture your standing on the shore of a vast river on a clear day. Small boats, their sails moving gently in the light wind ply their way slowly down river. Far far across the water on the other shore are tall black cliffs and upon this cliff sits a massive walled city. Over the walls you spy spires and domes some glinting in the bright sunlight, in the distance tiny flocks of birds duck and weave amongst the tall buildings. With this picture in you mind words slowly fade into view in the bottom left corner. OPPARA Then another world slowly fading into view TALDOR. The Entire picture fades to black to be replaced with another.

An elderly man sits in a small ornate room. He looks up from the floor. From his bench he can see an arched window high upon the wall. Through that window he can see blue sky, two clouds drift slowly across. The smell of salt and the sound of gulls are in the air.
The man turns towards two large oaken doors; golden trim decorates the wood work. He swallows hard and turns to look down at the floor again. His palms sweat.

The sound of relentless ticking comes from a large ornamental clock upon the mantle.
"What an ugly thing" he thinks.
Suddenly there’s a 'Clack' and a part of the wall upon the opposite side of the room (and not the gilded door) opens.
A thin elf steps out, "AH! Lord Vazin, my master asks your pardon, he is ready to see you now"
The man stands back from the door and indicates that he should enter.
Standing the elderly man tries to look authoritative, "Yes! Take me to your master to who I will address my displeasure at having been kept waiting!"
The elf smiles and says "Of Course my lord if you would care to come this way I’m sure my master will hear your complaint"
The elf indicates the secret passage with a sweep of his arm.
Lord Vazin moves past the elf and looks into the passage. A Stone stair winds its way down into darkness. Pulling out a kerchief to hold over his nose he started down the stairs. The stairs are slick, and the only light comes from the open door. Suddenly unsure, he turns back thinking maybe it would be best if he insisted this mans master came to him!
However as he turned he discovered the door behind him closed and the elf with a flickering torch in hand waving him on, "This way my lord. Do mind your step."

Having no other choice Lord Vazin continued down the stairs, seeing no more than a few feet in front of him. After what seemed to be an exorbitant amount of time the man and the elf found themselves at the bottom of the stairs. This time the elf pushed his way past and opened a large (and what looked to be very strong) iron bound wooden door.

Vazin walked quickly (not wanting to be left here alone in darkness) following the elf. He found himself in a dank room which smells of excrement The only light in the room provided by a hooded lantern sitting upon (what looked to be) a poorly constructed table. Behind this table sat the figure of a man, his features hidden behind the glow of the lantern.
“By Aroden’s Casket!”, he gasped holding the kerchief even closer to his face. In a chair to his right slumped a man, no, not a man, a tielfing. Vazin could not tell if he was dead or just unconscious but either way he had been badly beaten.

The man behind the desk spoke with a deep voice, “Who is she?”

Vazin started, “I, don’t…”

The shadow behind the table appeared to lean forward, “You approached us 5 months ago about a problem. A problem concerning your daughter. A small matter you said, fetch back your errant daughter. A small matter indeed and one with which the Lions would not concern themselves; however this request carried the weight of some authority. My Lord Vazin you have some powerful friends.

This statement made Vazin feel a little more secure, “Yes, I do know some powerful people and they will not be pleased to hear of my ill treatment here today!”

Suddenly the man stood, “No Vazin you know ONE powerful person and that person’s power is barely enough to illicit the help in a small matter!, Now I ask you again WHO IS SHE!”

“She is but daughter sir, A small girl who wouldn’t say thing against her betters. It was completely of character for her to do this thing. If not for the note in her hand found by my servant I would of through her taken”

The man sat again, “Lord Vazin we did extensive research on this case as we do with all our cases before allocating resources and I assure you My Lord this was not out of character for your daughter. I suspect my Lord you in fact know nothing of your daughter. It looks as though she has fallen in with some people. Dangerous people by all accounts. We assigned two agents to this case and while not out best, still very capable people. They are both now dead and this small matter has grown into a large one.”

The man began to read some paperwork on his desk, “Your daughter will be returned to you in due course. You may go now Vazin.” , the man paused in his reading and looked up “Unless you have anything you wish to say to me?”

Vazin swallowed, “no, no I …Should return to my… Yes”

“Very well said the man returning to his paperwork “Elidehski, please show Lord Vazin the way out”

The elf returned and led Lord Vazin back up the stairs again reminding him to watch his step. Through the secret door they passed. The elf then escorted him to the front doors of the manor house and opened them with a bow. Lord Vazin gathered his robes and walked out into the sunlight, as the door started to close behind him Lord Vazin turned back to the elf and said “Your master didn’t say when I might expect the safe return of my daughter?”

The elf’s face looked confused, “My lord, my master never said she would be returned safely? Good day my Lord”, the elf closed the door…..

Willot
February 10th, 2013, 06:27
Been reading up. This module we are playing is infact an old 3.0 Module and it seems that (as Ive discovered) Pathfinder character are more powerfult than thier D&D counterparts at the same level. So I will indeed be cranking it up a notch guys.

:square:

JohnD
February 10th, 2013, 07:35
Been reading up. This module we are playing is infact an old 3.0 Module and it seems that (as Ive discovered) Pathfinder character are more powerfult than thier D&D counterparts at the same level. So I will indeed be cranking it up a notch guys.

:square:
Agreed... in my experience PF PCs are definitely more powerful... 2nd levels play more like 3rd or even 4th level 3.5e PCs, depending on the class and what options you allow.

Gadreun
February 16th, 2013, 09:03
sounds good mate looking forward to it. Although from count we have lost 2-3 characters in 5-6 game sessions :P but yeah some combats are proving too easy. I blame our paladin battletank - frankly the bad guys dont stand a chance. Unless they use magic...oh wait...oh crap!

Syndrome
February 16th, 2013, 09:10
hey i've only lost two characters whats one more lol

Gadreun
February 16th, 2013, 09:21
I know mate :P least now you have quite a bit more survivability. Rogues are a load of fun to play but they are vulnerable to unlucky dice rolls.

Syndrome
February 16th, 2013, 09:31
lol thats very true... but ive got quite a talent at it lol... dont underestimate me yet

Willot
February 16th, 2013, 09:37
Bearing in mind you haven't faced the brightest of foes in here yet.....

It is hard sometimes when you KNOW theres a better tactic but you also know the mob is just too stupid to think of it so you just have to run them straight into the hammer

Argol228
February 16th, 2013, 11:06
https://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/09/11/counter-monkey-circle-strafe/

I have probably linked this to you before. but you don't need to buff stats all the time if you play the enemies smart. Play as you would expect them to fight. the video is mostely about Dragon Tactics. but at about 18 min in he talks about other creatures like Halflings and Hobgoblins.

Basically think of it like this. Stupidity does not mean no sense of self preservation.

One thing I would have done with those Giant toad creatures with Kobolds riding them. I would have had them move around the battlefield, hit and run tactics, he is riding a giant frog, he would use that frogs mobility as an advantage.

Willot
February 16th, 2013, 11:35
https://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/09/11/counter-monkey-circle-strafe/

I have probably linked this to you before. but you don't need to buff stats all the time if you play the enemies smart. Play as you would expect them to fight. the video is mostely about Dragon Tactics. but at about 18 min in he talks about other creatures like Halflings and Hobgoblins.

Basically think of it like this. Stupidity does not mean no sense of self preservation.

One thing I would have done with those Giant toad creatures with Kobolds riding them. I would have had them move around the battlefield, hit and run tactics, he is riding a giant frog, he would use that frogs mobility as an advantage.

I do remeber those frogs giving you a bit of trouble by hanging back with their squirt attack. I was thinking more of the trogodites and their principle tactic os swarming with numbers :D

tahl_liadon
February 16th, 2013, 15:23
weak encounters: in regards to "weak" encounters, i run a legacy adventure path that i had to convert to pathfinder rules. generally, if the cr is at-level or 1 greater than the average party level (apl), i up the cr by at least 1, especially at higher level encounters. the older mods tend to be underwhelming in the face of a pathfinder-stat-ed party.

how to adjust cr: the way i adjust the cr is using herolabs, an indispensable tool for gms, esp. if one invested in buying packages to support it. increasing the cr is as simple as applying templates to a creature. at lower levels, i generally apply additional hd template, which just adds additional hd (d'uuuh) and up the cr by 1. so four cr 1 creature (cr + 4 = cr 5 ecnounter) becomes four cr 2 (same formula: cr + 4 = cr 6 encounter). you can scale your encounters (and award appropriate xp) by using this designing encounters guideline (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html).

templates: a more challenging cr increase is by applying the advanced creature (or advanced animal) template. it still pumps the cr up by 1 still, but it creates a tougher version of itself, by not just simply giving it additional hps. keep in mind that if both the advanced and additional hd are applied, you are increasing the creature to cr +2. at lower levels, i use either/or lest foes become overpowering. be careful/judicious when adjusting cr to bosses in this manner: bosses are often *at least* cr +2 tougher than apl anyway.

higher levels and templates: at higher levels, you can mix and match templates (in a way that makes sense to your campaign, of course: an aquatic template makes very little sense in a desert campaign, and reflects badly on your gm kung fu). for example, a cr 6 creature can become cr 8 with the advanced and entropic template to counter those pesky law-abiding paladins. again, remember that if you increase six of these cr 6 *each* to cr 8, you not only obliterate the pally, but also may have a tpk on your hand. remember: the difficulty of the encounter should be reflected in the encounter level (el) after adjusting all creatures cr, not by injudiciously upping the cr of all creatures in the encounter without figuring out the el, which could increase it too high.

leveling and el increase: play it by ear. increase el but award xp at el -1, or use slow track advancement. otherwise, party levels too quickly when el increases for every encounter.

the final words to adjust older mods:

lower level = increase el by 1
higher level = increase el no higher than 3
fodders = put advanced template on no more than half of them
bosses = usually let them be; often stat'ed at least 2 higher than apl
if you kill a pc or pcs, make sure there's a way to turn the tide
once one pc goes down, it usually spirals downward and tpk is imminent

Gadreun
February 16th, 2013, 23:17
Good advice there Tahl. I don't mind having to think my way thru combat rather than the hack and slash that can become a constant. As the party's healing source i often finish a game session with the use of one perhaps two heals thrown out in an evening. I have 9 a day. The only way i ever will feel stretched is if we continually fight undead. but even then i would just use 1-2 channels to weaken them all a bit and save the rest of my channels for healing.

I see my role now more as a buff cleric and a reserve fighter and healer. I think soon i will be ankle deep in the blood of my enemies and stretched the way i expect to be.

Im looking forward to the challenge

Willot
February 17th, 2013, 00:13
What do you think we should with them Mr Flibble?
<Mr Flibber whispers in Rimmer's ear>

Oh we couldnt possibly do that! Who would clear up the mess?
<Rimmer looks at the party and smiles>
:eek:

Ardem
February 17th, 2013, 23:53
It is true the paladin and that huge warhammer is very much made for combat, with the mathematics and game mechanics ideally made for it, the whole able to step back and hit again, makes it very hard to get a hit and then the automatic hits when they come in range a second time, which sees two hits instead of one. Its a mathematically perfect character for combat.

If you throw heavier people to counter the paladin the rogues, or the less characters get hit too hard to handle it.

I have a similar issue in Rolemaster with a bow character, they get critical very fast as they have high skill against creatures, making it hard for the other character to contribute much and if they do because the high level they normally get very hurt.

I still not found a counter to this yet as a GM.

Willot
February 18th, 2013, 08:52
I still not found a counter to this yet as a GM.

Thermonuclear device?....+2?

Willot
February 23rd, 2013, 22:45
Unless it changes on me again the IP for connection should be 120.29.240.133

Willot
February 24th, 2013, 03:12
Dont forget yer levels

Ardem
February 24th, 2013, 08:26
Sorry guys I total forgot about this morning only just remember then. With a big <sigh> and a Damn!

Willot
February 24th, 2013, 09:34
Sorry guys I total forgot about this morning only just remember then. With a big <sigh> and a Damn!
Tis ok. The Dwarf Didnt die. They fought a giant lizard. The Halfling went for a swim. The Paladin made a deal. They found the key to the iron door. The halfling tried to "Slip 'n' Slide" on an ooze and the dwarf collected a stone axe to the head.

Willot
February 24th, 2013, 09:35
Btw If anyone wants this module to run themselves for another group. Let me know and ill export it and send it to you. With all the colour maps and stuff

Gadreun
February 25th, 2013, 07:05
Thanks for the offer Will but im not GMing. Its ok mate the dwarf was well used ..er played. We sent him in first to the dwarven stronghold and he set off all the alarms! Must be a city dwarf.

Willot
February 25th, 2013, 09:45
In Case Your Curious (for those who dont really GM) This Is generally what I see at my end

Gadreun
February 25th, 2013, 12:48
Thats really quiet interesting - what size screen do you use?

tahl_liadon
February 25th, 2013, 15:44
justice is now 5th level and picked up protection from evil (spell), bonded weapon (his kneecap-knocker becomes +1 weapon for 5 mins/day), and power attack (-2/+4)... in other words, not a good day to be an evil target of his smite.

then if you're an evil outsider or undead, don't punch in. actually, stay home.

Willot
February 25th, 2013, 16:32
Thats really quiet interesting - what size screen do you use?

Two screens. Both 19"

Willot
February 25th, 2013, 16:35
justice is now 5th level and picked up protection from evil (spell), bonded weapon (his kneecap-knocker becomes +1 weapon for 5 mins/day), and power attack (-2/+4)... in other words, not a good day to be an evil target of his smite.

then if you're an evil outsider or undead, don't punch in. actually, stay home.
I swear Im gonna drop a Dragon on yer arses!

Gadreun
March 2nd, 2013, 09:30
give the dragon two rounds to live :P

tahl_liadon
March 2nd, 2013, 15:58
I swear Im gonna drop a Dragon on yer arses!

now, now. there's no need for extreme measures... they boy's just happy about his growth. ok, maybe a bit ****y too.

tahl_liadon
March 2nd, 2013, 15:59
...but dragons are also on his list of smite-able evil. just saying :-D

Ardem
March 4th, 2013, 04:12
That fair just because justice is really level 10, the rest of us are level 3 or 4, as long as the dragon has hatred to paladins, so you don't roll a dice for the rest of us who to attack. I am all fine with this.

You had the opportunity is one point with the low ceiling saying you cannot swing two handed hammers, meaning he would have had to use a one handed item, but you ignored it and left him to it. You only have yourself to blame, if you continue with non ranged attacks and not singling out the strongest opponent in a group. He is a 2m beacon, any intelligent being would see him as a threat and play to their advantages.

I do feel the attack of opportunity + the attack on the person go is a bit of a rort and would of made a house rule about it, but that is just me. Such as one attack of opportunity or an attack in a single go on a opponent closing in. But I guess once you start fiddling with the rules, where does it end.

Willot
March 4th, 2013, 09:01
You had the opportunity is one point with the low ceiling saying you cannot swing two handed hammers, meaning he would have had to use a one handed item, but you ignored it and left him to it. You only have yourself to blame

Yeah, I could of said the low ceiling affects the use of the hammer. But then what about using it in a crowd of allies or one could even say in the case of longswords or greatswords couldnt be used effectively either. It starts to turn onto a can of worms which I dont want to open. It's best to keep it as simple as possible. If the ceiling got to the point where someone has to walk bend over then NO the hammer couldnt be used effectively but I would apply the same penalty to all the weapons with possible exception to daggers etc

, if you continue with non ranged attacks and not singling out the strongest opponent in a group. He is a 2m beacon, any intelligent being would see him as a threat and play to their advantages.

There will be more ranged attacks coming up. (you remeber the orcs had ranged attacks). You missed the last game so you didnt see the one intelligent creature they met grab the Paladin :) By the way that Paladin talked his way outta that with a 20 roll on a diplomacy check (not sure I told people that) He was REALLLY looking at a good chance of a death if the players started a fight with that guy! Hence the Big XP for that encounter

I do feel the attack of opportunity + the attack on the person go is a bit of a rort and would of made a house rule about it, but that is just me. Such as one attack of opportunity or an attack in a single go on a opponent closing in. But I guess once you start fiddling with the rules, where does it end.

Yeah Its a poser but I did find this!

Jul 15, 2010, 07:08 Francis Kunkel wrote:

1. Can you or can you not attack diagonally at a distance of 2x squares (15'=10' exception) with a reach weapon?

Nope. A reach weapon gives a specific extension to your reach. When you count out squares, since every other square is doubled when you count diagonally, that means that there'll be corners where you can't reach.

So you loose your reach on the diagonals. but now I have to make sure I dont meta game it. IE pretty dumb if all the attacks start all coming in from the diagonals!

tahl_liadon
March 4th, 2013, 12:43
i'd be fair game to whatever house rule you dictate as long as it's "if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander."

meaning fair is fair: good guy as well as baddies follow such rules. consistency is key.

tahl_liadon
March 4th, 2013, 12:56
the other thing i want to point out re: diagonal reach:

i do see every-other-space technicality in the ruling that a reach weapon cannot reach 2 squares away -- if the target stops on that square. the hammer (or reach weapon) can still, however, reach a target who continues movement, and enter passed and beyond that square (e.g. to be adjacent to justice). the rule, then, for threatened range applies.

in re: to aoo plus standard attack, that is why i selected feats that work with reach weapon and one that gets extra aoo attacks. house ruling against this would be a clear nerfing of basic rules.

again, whatever decision, i still stand by my last post :-)

Willot
March 10th, 2013, 04:34
mmm I wonder how Justices God would of reacted to knowingly freeing a demon. Even though his friend was in peril? mmmmmm
Didnt go down that way though so ... :) Interesting though

I hope the fights were tougher for you too. I think Kel has like 2 heals left. Dodwin burned through a couple of inflict wounds as well

Argol228
March 10th, 2013, 05:52
Ok guys, I was supposed to mention it, but I drew a blank at that point.

Flavour text for her Gaining "Cat's grace"

Malena reeled back as the grey dwarf appeared from out of nowhere and struck. Her heart pounding as adrenaline flowed, Her breathing was heavy and she deep breath and faced her assailant. Her eyes watered and stung, Her vision blurred and lost focus forcing her to close them. When she opened them, things seemed different, movements seemed slower, subtle movements became clearer. Although she is unaware, her once blue human eyes now appeared draconian.

For the duration of lesser Dragon sight (Cat's grace) her eyes will look like a Dragon's. Basically instead of her having magically enhanced DEX, I am treating it as she is percieving movement at a slower pace, allowing her to react better. So same result, different flavour.

Now as for the combat, well It is hard to say at the moment. They seemed to be passing AC quite often, but that could have just been you getting non stop awesome rolls.

Willot
March 10th, 2013, 06:34
Now as for the combat, well It is hard to say at the moment. They seemed to be passing AC quite often, but that could have just been you getting non stop awesome rolls.

I think it was just Ardem's Dwarf. Justices dwarf hardly hit him and he has 1 less AC than Ardem

Ardem
March 11th, 2013, 00:29
I do enjoy your colourful terms when saying what you are doing such as cat grace and such like, even if 9/10 I am not sure what the hell it is.

As for Ardem opponent, regardless it would not be a problem if I got that third swing in. Rolling three successive 1's, a 4 and an 8. That five turns, it might been a problem if I did not have a healer next to me and the others were not coping a beating. However it could of been very bad if Kel had to share the love.

It was more difficult however I would not say unmanageable, I think it was a fair encounter.

As far as releasing the demon, I think justice would of done something such as attack the demon once there was an advantage in his favour. But I felt his over confidence here may have caused the demon to be free either fleeing or some other nasty trick, and escape into the world. I think in the end was ok, but I think Justice owe the dwarf some gratitude (not that i expect any), first he was almost sucked into the trick. Secondly he could of died if the demon was not defeated quickly, we could not be sure how powerful the demon was, sometimes not to fight and win is as good as fighting and winning.

Willot
March 11th, 2013, 01:41
I did like the demon encounter. I think it did kinda stump people. Release the demon to do gods know what or enter a battle where there would be a good chance some one was gonna get killed (possible the already grappled Malena)

Pity . That library did look extensive but as you dont have a wizard I guess none of the player Characters would be that interested........

Ardem
March 11th, 2013, 01:46
You know what most dwarves use books for. Well especially if the pages are soft <smile>

Argol228
March 11th, 2013, 02:30
Malena is more about making her own discovering and uncovering relics instead of reading about other peoples discoveries

tahl_liadon
March 11th, 2013, 18:01
mmm I wonder how Justices God would of reacted to knowingly freeing a demon. Even though his friend was in peril?

it was a hard choice, but saving a life was more paramount (plus bringing back the dead is a definite no-no) than potentially freeing a demon, which may be recaptured and/or be destroyed at another time -- with degrees of success/failure, of course.

the former had more severe moral/religious consequence than the latter. iomedae would agree.

then again, justice wasn't going to "free" the demon intentionally. he would have done anything to get malena out of harm's way (which he did), even if that could mean freeing the demon. then he would have done what he could, with the powers bestowed upon him, to recapture the demon. he was just stalling and exploiting the opportunity to get close to the demon, even if it means sacrificing his safety for the sake of an ally.

there are no bounds nor fear when it comes to combating evil. a paladin simply does or heroically die trying :-P

Syndrome
March 12th, 2013, 01:03
hey guys sorry i missed out it was a bit of a hectic week... sounds like i missed out on some good stuff

Gadreun
March 12th, 2013, 07:40
heya fellas really sorry about not being around last weekend. im back on deck and raring to go! Will i hope Thamy got hold of you ok. (nevermind just read your pm :) I asked her to just post in here but that's cool.

did i see Demon mentioned?! wow what did i miss!!!???

if we are keen for a game this week im up for it.

Kel

Willot
March 12th, 2013, 10:24
heya fellas really sorry about not being around last weekend. im back on deck and raring to go! Will i hope Thamy got hold of you ok. (nevermind just read your pm :) I asked her to just post in here but that's cool.

did i see Demon mentioned?! wow what did i miss!!!???

if we are keen for a game this week im up for it.

Kel

Well when the PCs entered the DOor (remeber the alert Warning intruders) they were set up by a bunch of grey dwarves. Ardem was kept upright by Kel's Healing. After that they fought another allip. Then they came accross a girl in a libary looked like this
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgbmwzM2hMb0szYVE/edit?usp=sharing

But Justice (having past his will check saw this
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgdW5LNHpwMzRHMWc/edit?usp=sharing

After the Demon was busted She Grappled Malena and held here by the wrist and theatened to kill her if the Paladin didnt lead her out of the room. Ardem Stood in the door and refused to let the Demon exit. Justice dropped some sort of Paladin power on Malena giving her a +20 to her next roll so she broke the Grapple and they ran out the door with Ardem slaming it behind them. There was A almighty THUD! agains the door and a roar of NOOOoooooooooo! and thats I think where we left it

OH and Kel leveled

Unfornatally next game will be in two weeks on the 24th

Anyways Hope your feeling better

Willot
March 12th, 2013, 10:30
hey guys sorry i missed out it was a bit of a hectic week... sounds like i missed out on some good stuff
Yep see my post to Kel. No problems :)

Argol228
March 12th, 2013, 11:28
It was Malena that saw her true form, that the reason she actually approached her, so she could try to be diplomatic and ask why she is not being upfront.

That is one thing about the alignments system it does not represent Desires and motivations properly which can be a little annoying especially since one of malena's beliefs is, there is no such thing as true evil. everyone believes different things. No one wakes up in the morning and says "Oh what a great day to be evil."

Also in a world ruled over by powerful gods and ancient dragons. some minor demon being set free would be no big deal. at best she would have made some Thralls and found a nice little village to claim.

Ardem
March 13th, 2013, 01:43
It was an interesting puzzle. Ardem understood Justice motivations and concern for his friend, also Ardem understood it could be a non powerful demon or it could be more powerful demon that could be easily handled. That why he stood firm and pleaded with his eyes with Justice.

What made Ardem hold the door way, was his sense of honour, his original quest was to seek out this hall and find out what happen to his brethren. To him his brethren obviously trapped this demon and at what cost he does not know. Else they would of destroyed it if they could. But if a single dwarf died and he was to let this demon free it would be an affront to his duty and honour.

Also he does not have the attachment of the party members as the other guys have. He likes them and he has fought together but so far there goals are common.

His honour was on the line and he is a warrior prepared to die for it. I am sure justice could of defeated Ardem especially in the condition he was in, however it would be a be an interesting side quest opportunity if it happened that way, especially if his father and older brothers found out the reason why. Justice I sure would be a marked man.

But all ended well, so I am glad.

Gadreun
March 13th, 2013, 08:21
Awesome thanks for the update!

sounds like it was pretty tricky but luckily some quick thinking prevailed. Good to see my heals got stretched :)

i had an op and they had to whip out my appendix. Much better now.

Looking forward to next game. Will jump on a few minutes earlier to update level Will.

see you all on the 24th

now im gonna enjoy the rest of my days off this week!

tahl_liadon
March 15th, 2013, 15:03
a question for everyone:

is there a chance of possibly switch alternating weeks to game -- i.e. to game this sat or 2 sats from now, etc.

i have my son on the week we play and it gets hectic between gaming and oversee his getting ready for bed. also, it would also allow me voip when i play alternating weeks that he isn't with me.

thanks.

Gadreun
March 15th, 2013, 16:35
im fine with that but i cant play tomorrow i have family coming over. ill be ok in a fortnight tho.

Willot
March 15th, 2013, 20:03
im fine with that but i cant play tomorrow i have family coming over. ill be ok in a fortnight tho.
that would be ok with me too,Malena,Ardem,Syndrome?

Syndrome
March 15th, 2013, 21:14
yea no problem here... just let me know which saturday were playing lol

Willot
March 16th, 2013, 01:07
Bearing in mind that would be the easter long weekend? Im still ok with that atm (unless Im told otherwise at a later date :) )

Syndrome
March 16th, 2013, 01:17
i dont believe in bunny rabbits anyways so its good here

Gadreun
March 16th, 2013, 01:34
i am available easter weekend

Willot
March 16th, 2013, 22:34
Havnt heard from the other two but gonna change it to the easter weekend. Cause Id really like to get justice on the teamspeak. I sometimes miss things hes saying cause im looking at too many things So just for that sake

Gadreun
March 16th, 2013, 22:54
easter is perfect - looking forward to it

Syndrome
March 16th, 2013, 23:44
so is that time what were moving it to... thatd be sunday at 6am for me... which actually works for me just curious if thats right lol

tahl_liadon
March 16th, 2013, 23:59
just to confirm a couple of things:

- i wanted to know, and interested only, if everone could play at the same time slot but switched to the other alternating weeks -- 30 mar, 13 apr, 27 apr, etc.

- i assumed the new schedule is for one-time only, around easter -- is that correct?

if that new schedule is to be on-going, cannot play sundays. i apologize if i was not clear.

otherwise, i would be fine with the current schedule if this becomes too complicated to work out for everyone involved.

i appreciate the efforts. thanks.

Willot
March 17th, 2013, 01:42
It should be the same. We just skip a week.
The 31st Sunday For me, Gad,Ardem and Malena (Different time zones)
The start time and day is no different just skipping one week then 2 weeks after that.
That make sense?

PS I Think Syndrome may of may a calculation boo boo there (see later post)

Willot
March 17th, 2013, 01:47
so is that time what were moving it to... thatd be sunday at 6am for me... which actually works for me just curious if thats right lol

Mmmm arent you in the US syndrome? Sun 31st 10am my time (Australia) is usually the day before US time You may mean Sat 6am (time depends on specific places in US)

BTW if you set your timezone in your profile on here the times that come up in the gamecalender are your times and are correct for you

Syndrome
March 17th, 2013, 01:52
thats the weird thing... its all set up yet its showing a different time... guess mine is on the fritz as long as its the same time i know when it is lol

Willot
March 17th, 2013, 02:01
thats the weird thing... its all set up yet its showing a different time... guess mine is on the fritz as long as its the same time i know when it is lol
Everythings the same except skipping a week

Gadreun
March 18th, 2013, 07:43
yeah i think you loaded up the wrong day Will (or the game calendar has had a hard night)

my game calender says the game is Mon, Apr 1st 12:00 AM GMT+12 (DST)

now thats Easter Monday - usually it would say Sunday (for me)

Willot
March 18th, 2013, 10:28
yeah i think you loaded up the wrong day Will (or the game calendar has had a hard night)

my game calender says the game is Mon, Apr 1st 12:00 AM GMT+12 (DST)

now thats Easter Monday - usually it would say Sunday (for me)

How Odd? mine says Sun 31st March AEDT See Attached. Regardless its normal Day and Time (for whatever it is in your part of the world) we're just skipping a week. Is daylight saving stopping or somethin around that time so its getting confused?

tahl_liadon
March 18th, 2013, 14:38
we just had a daylight saving adjustment (forward an hour), if that affected anything, i wonder.

anyway, sounds good to stick with same time but skipping over a week. thanks all!

Argol228
March 23rd, 2013, 10:17
Sorry for not replying. usually I get email notifications but dam I have missed like 3 pages worth of stuff. Yeah I am fine with changing times. my weekends are always free.

Syndrome
March 23rd, 2013, 10:41
yea i had missed a ton before too... my notifications got cut off or something for some reason lol

Willot
March 30th, 2013, 23:53
Sorry it is AM not PM as in the calendar. I have NO idea how it became PM (at least the confusion about the day has been solved)

Trenloe
March 31st, 2013, 04:14
Sorry it is AM not PM as in the calendar. I have NO idea how it became PM (at least the confusion about the day has been solved)
The calendar can be weird sometimes, if you just put a single hour for the time (e.g. "8") it will read that as PM (for some strange reason). Enter the time as 24 hour format with HH:MM - as an example, for 8 AM use 08:00.

Willot
March 31st, 2013, 04:57
So Do we do one hour Earlier or later? Due to our timezones moving further apart?

Ardem
March 31st, 2013, 09:25
Well being Easter Sunday I could never have done it however I came home early only to find out that it was AM. Oh well hope you guys had fun

Willot
March 31st, 2013, 11:12
Well being Easter Sunday I could never have done it however I came home early only to find out that it was AM. Oh well hope you guys had fun

I must admit when it turned out pushing it back to easter sunday was what was going to happen I was surprised that people said it was fine. Knew it wasnt gonna work out for someone. but getting Justice into voice chat improved things alot. He sounds nothing like you think he would.

He sounds like a guy from the carry on films.
"Oh er Misses thats a nice pair of jugs ye got there!"

"ohhh Cheeky!"

(or was it me?)

Ardem picked up a +2 chainmail. (it was dwarf size).
Basically there were alot of empty rooms.
Kel got attacked by a rug with a kitty cat printed on it which after escaping from Malena Toasted it.
Kel channelled 6 skeletons into non-existence in one hit
They fought some crazy grey dwarf woman with a double bladed sword and her grey dwarf guards.
Then they fought a bunch on grey dwarves one of which was a mage.
Kel got bit by a rat.

Syndrome
March 31st, 2013, 12:11
it would have to be an hour earlier... otherwise id only get to play for about 2 hours or so lol

Gadreun
March 31st, 2013, 12:19
currently we are playing at my midday which i believe next weekend becomes my 11am - once we have all shifted to day light saving times next weekend we will have a look at it - that will be easier to work out. I wont have a problem with whatever we choose to do, i will be the least affected, so will just go with what we decide.

Willot
April 1st, 2013, 01:56
it would have to be an hour earlier... otherwise id only get to play for about 2 hours or so lol
Well we'd probably move the end time forward or back depending

Willot
April 7th, 2013, 07:58
The Start time for the 14/4/13 is two hours earlier than normal due to my wife having something on that day

Syndrome
April 7th, 2013, 08:50
cool thats the same starting time as usual... so that works for me

Gadreun
April 11th, 2013, 09:38
Heya guys

my mad parents have purchased a big roll of carpet and the old fella needs me to come over and help him collect it and bring it back for storage, and you guessed it, he needs me to meet him at 11am on Sunday - two hours drive away. Im afraid I cant bail on helping him out as they fly out of the country on Monday and its the only chance we have to do it - i had been pushing for doing this saturday, but the guy selling cant meet that.

So that means I cant be here for this weekends game. Im really sorry for this late notice and on the back of missing a couple of weeks back too.

After this they will be gone and there should be no more untimely interruptions!

Regards Ross (Kel)

Willot
April 11th, 2013, 10:37
Okies dokies Dont pull anything. I even wonder if you should be lifting heavy carpets this soon after having an organ removed ?

JohnD
April 11th, 2013, 13:17
They're lighter if someone isn't inside.

tahl_liadon
April 11th, 2013, 14:37
make sure justice isn't around to whack at it if you get caught rolled up inside.

jesting aside, i won't be able to make it this week. sorry...

see you next time.

Willot
April 12th, 2013, 11:27
Well as long as Malena, Syndrome and Ardem are still turning up we'll have a game. Remeber 2 hour earlier start this Sunday....

Gadreun
April 12th, 2013, 17:05
don't worry mate im not lifting anything! im bringing my car over as i have the towbar and trailer, :D im not allowed to do anything strenuous for another 6 weeks, dad's arranged for the seller to load it and he has two mates at his end. its a 2 hour drive each way and we meet 1 hour after our game starts ..the timing couldnt be any worse...im really not too happy to miss the game but i could hardly say no. Just try not to do anything too exciting while im not there :P

Gadreun
April 12th, 2013, 17:13
I would just like to point out i LOVE the game and am not finding excuses not to turn up :) i hate missing the games, i especially turn down things to do just so I can play! Ill def be there next time and i cant foresee any further instances of not being available.

Willot
April 12th, 2013, 20:36
I would just like to point out i LOVE the game and am not finding excuses not to turn up :) i hate missing the games, i especially turn down things to do just so I can play! Ill def be there next time and i cant foresee any further instances of not being available.
no worries, tis cool man

Willot
April 12th, 2013, 20:44
..... Just try not to do anything too exciting while im not there :P

The knight of Red suddenly turns to Ardem, his eyes burning in fierce consideration. "So Ardem, do you see your error."

Ardem "Ah! Yes! By writing in my coal expenditure into the capital expenditure I can fully deduct it as an working expense?

Red Knight nods encouragingly "Correct!"

Ardem "but what about shrinkage on materials?"
Red Knight "Well thats where it becomes REALLY exciting. If we examine Section 4 subsection 3a of the Taldan tax code we'll see........

etc!!!

27 monsters bored to death

Gadreun
April 12th, 2013, 20:57
That's the idea!

Syndrome
April 13th, 2013, 22:29
hey guys i know its a late response but have been a bit busy... wont be able to make it today and actually probably going to have to bail out for about 6 weeks... if i could come back after thatd be awesome... having to stay at my cousins in houston for 6 weeks to get chemo and radiation for my gf and its just eating up alot of my time hope everyone understands and hopefully i can jump back in later

Gadreun
April 13th, 2013, 22:36
Good luck with things Syn, Im about to head out to meet my folks now. If we want to play next weekend im available other wise ill be there in a fortnight.

tahl_liadon
April 13th, 2013, 22:51
hey guys i know its a late response but have been a bit busy... wont be able to make it today and actually probably going to have to bail out for about 6 weeks... if i could come back after thatd be awesome... having to stay at my cousins in houston for 6 weeks to get chemo and radiation for my gf and its just eating up alot of my time hope everyone understands and hopefully i can jump back in later

hoping you the best with the situation.

Willot
April 13th, 2013, 22:51

Okies Syn good luck and Super Good luck to your GF. Well that would leave only Ardem and Malena which isnt really isnt enough for a game. We'll have to call it off me thinks. And reschedule for fortnight. It just wasnt in the stars for this weekend I guess

To sate your Roleplay hunger Here this (if you havnt already seen it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9HS48vx1NQ&list=PL-oTJHKXHicTYM4C8H421mii8Zp1oKA1R&index=1

Gadreun
April 14th, 2013, 08:23
sorry to the guys who missed a game and Will of course! Im going to watch that Rollplay looks interesting. I am hanging out for a game. Our game i had to cancel and my other two games got cancelled so i got no gaming at all this weekend!!!

like i said - i will be around next weekend and every weekend from now out - i guess our next scheduled games a fortnight (sigh)

:rv:

Willot
April 14th, 2013, 08:31
sorry to the guys who missed a game and Will of course! Im going to watch that Rollplay looks interesting. I am hanging out for a game. Our game i had to cancel and my other two games got cancelled so i got no gaming at all this weekend!!!

like i said - i will be around next weekend and every weekend from now out - i guess our next scheduled games a fortnight (sigh)

:rv:
Yeah has to be in a fortnight to keep Justice lined up with his child access

Argol228
April 14th, 2013, 09:07
Curse you all, I woke up early and because no game was on today, I had to do physical labor >.>

But seriously, good luck syn. Also. Rollplay I will watch, I would also suggest the penny arcade podcasts and their continuations during PAX https://www.wizards.com/dnd/podcasts.aspx

They are awesome

Willot
April 14th, 2013, 10:42
Curse you all, I woke up early and because no game was on today, I had to do physical labor >.>

But seriously, good luck syn. Also. Rollplay I will watch, I would also suggest the penny arcade podcasts and their continuations during PAX https://www.wizards.com/dnd/podcasts.aspx

They are awesome
The really are!

Ardem
April 17th, 2013, 11:52
I was up early as well, then saw post and went back to bed, secretly smiling I could sleep again

Gadreun
April 20th, 2013, 23:50
I came on today hoping we all decided to play this weekend lol..oh well. I will see you all next weekend!

Gadreun
April 20th, 2013, 23:50
have we worked out a new time?

Gadreun
April 21st, 2013, 00:08

I never knew he lived at the salt mines.

The heavily muscled slavemaster raps maliciously against the sturdy oaken door. "Up you sons of a curs wench, even the skinny one there, you have no game of Pathfinder today, the Salt Mines of Aguimar await.

Argol, snaps awake, the stench of sweat and fear mingling already, as cold hard reality sets in. His eyes squeeze shut in protest as he swings one slim leg toward the uninviting concrete floor, silently cursing the others for not being available today. Gritting his teeth he sets a fierce determination to get through another two weeks of hell.

Argol228
April 21st, 2013, 02:02
I never knew he lived at the salt mines.

The heavily muscled slavemaster raps maliciously against the sturdy oaken door. "Up you sons of a curs wench, even the skinny one there, you have no game of Pathfinder today, the Salt Mines of Aguimar await.

Argol, snaps awake, the stench of sweat and fear mingling already, as cold hard reality sets in. His eyes squeeze shut in protest as he swings one slim leg toward the uninviting concrete floor, silently cursing the others for not being available today. Gritting his teeth he sets a fierce determination to get through another two weeks of hell.

Actually, in reality, my job is arguing with people why Halo and call of duty sucks while I sell Skylanders to snot nosed brats. The Physical labor was having to help a cousin with heavy lifting.

Willot
April 21st, 2013, 02:24
I came on today hoping we all decided to play this weekend lol..oh well. I will see you all next weekend!
Nah has to be next week to keep Justice on the voice chat.

Willot
April 21st, 2013, 02:27
have we worked out a new time?
See calender

Gadreun
April 27th, 2013, 17:18
right best i get some sleep and see you guys at 11 (my time) :)

Willot
April 28th, 2013, 04:33
What is it about this party and holes leading down.

"here is a pit deceding into darkness"

......Well thats it then we're off home. :D

tahl_liadon
April 28th, 2013, 05:00
oh, and not that it would have made a major difference -- checked smite evil rule: the +20something (the bonus to *each* die damage) off the lucerne hammer should have been doubled on crit.

wouldn't have downed the beast, but still impressive to see :-P

Argol228
April 28th, 2013, 13:23
So, since I never really explained it well, I will explain it in writing here.

When Malena was young, about 14, she had encountered a fairy caught in the web of a Fiend spider (Large Spiders that have anti-magic webs) Malena rescued the Fairy, but the Fairy was a Proud warrior. She was Frustrated that she had made a rookie mistake and that she was saved by a Human child. But Seelie law dictates that a Fairy must grant a wish if their life has been saved.

So due to her embarrasment and Frustration, when Malena wished "I wish I could walk in pretty high heels as if they are my own feet and always be able to wear beautiful gowns and dresses that do not hinder me" (She had only just begun wearing them, and had no experience and fell over all the time) The Fairy, who was a straight up soldier, was enraged further that she owed her life to a vain little girl, and Granted the wish. However, as a form of revenge, she took the wish too literally. As Malena soon found out.

So now, Malena can't walk without pretty/fancy high heels, because they are her feet. If the shoes are wet, she moves as if her feet are submerged in water, if they are dirty, damaged or starting to lose their glamour, She starts to lose balance and her legs start to become stiff.

While the dress effect is not as bad, the fairy still added them for the sake of her annoyance. So Malena's dresses will magically stretch beyond their normal limits so they do not hinder her movement, However, if she doesn't wears beautiful dresses she starts to get itchy and rashes form. and as before, a wet dress will become heavy, dirt grime and disrepair makes her body stiff.

The reason I came up with this, is because my Novel has a lot of influences and nods to folk tales and fairy tales with a twist to them, so they aren't too obvious. This one comes from the tale, "The Red Shoes"

So, I will come up with a list of my self imposed penalties and the like for this.

Some tidbits I will add while I am at it.
Any fire created by a mage (Malena) is a magical fire that gives the sensation of burning, but leaves no physical mark, it can still be deadly from pain alone. However normal resistances still apply as it is Still fire, it is just magically altered. Natural fire is converted to this Magic fire when manipulated.

Malena is an Elementalist, so that is why I avoid using non elemental spells, Mage armour is either a barrier of Mana(in Greek lore I think it was, this element was known as Aether) or a barrier of air.
Cats grace is actually using an electric pulse to cause an adrenaline boost.
Light is a low/no heat flame or simply the item has mana inducted into it, causing it to glow.

Gadreun
April 29th, 2013, 09:08
i can memorise resist acid x 3 - 60 points resistance - i reckon we might be able to take that dragon out, if i can recast it on justice, plus have channels and three cure moderate wounds..

Ardem
April 29th, 2013, 09:37
Sometimes it is good not to tempt fate twice, Justice was fortunate. I think the GM was in a nice mood, where was that GM and the frog people <grin>.

If it was me as GM I would of bitten Justice and Kel in half, and let Malena wander back to town defeated and Ardem off home to tell his father of his mighty claim in his name. Of course his father might refuse a request for veterans to take on the young dragon but, the upper halls are claimed and they can wall off cavern below.

Argol228
April 29th, 2013, 09:51
Sometimes it is good not to tempt fate twice, Justice was fortunate. I think the GM was in a nice mood, where was that GM and the frog people <grin>.

If it was me as GM I would of bitten Justice and Kel in half, and let Malena wander back to town defeated and Ardem off home to tell his father of his mighty claim in his name. Of course his father might refuse a request for veterans to take on the young dragon but, the upper halls are claimed and they can wall off cavern below.

Yeah I was worried it would have taken flight out of reach and carpet bombed us.

tahl_liadon
April 29th, 2013, 14:04
what we do is we find a couple of animated carpets and let them go at the dragon. once it's been carpet-burned, we come in and vacuum it up.

Willot
May 18th, 2013, 09:17
Now that this Adventure is concluding Im thinking of Doing Reign of Winter Adventurer Path. Has anyone already done it or anything?

tahl_liadon
May 18th, 2013, 14:53
nope. looks interesting though.

Gadreun
May 18th, 2013, 19:12
never heard of it...sounds cold :D

Willot
May 19th, 2013, 10:30
I know Malena comes from Taldor. (https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Taldor)

Kel is a Keleshite but as Kelesh is a LONG way from where the party is now (another continent) I can only assume Kel's Family migrated years ago. So where does he hail from? Might I suggest Osirion (https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Osirion#Geography)?

Justice I cant remember? I thought you sent me something at some stage?

Ardem's Mountain home I assume is in the Five Kings Mountains (https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Five_Kings_Mountains)?

tahl_liadon
May 19th, 2013, 13:39
we gonna start back at level 1? or new pc?

justice is ulfen.

Willot
May 19th, 2013, 15:28
nope keep existing toons. Ill adjust levels of encounters

Gadreun
May 20th, 2013, 04:42
Osirion is fine, Kel just has the look of his people, but he had traveled a vast distance as a child, and now exhibits similar traits of the Osirians.

Ardem
May 21st, 2013, 03:26
Ardem's father hold is associated with Rolgrimmdur. His hold is neither the highest or lowest in favour. Hence the need to expand and bring more glory to his clan, which would see them higher in favour. The retaking of this hold will gain favour with General Hayla Sagginsdottir.

However there is a linage of his blood linked to King but it is remote.

Willot
May 24th, 2013, 11:17
I have something on Sunday Morning so If we have a game it would have to be in the afternoon (my times)
See Calendar.

tahl_liadon
May 24th, 2013, 14:14
ooo. i believe your afternoon time would be my after midnight time, i.e. 01h00 - 05h00.

sorry, won't be able to make it.

Willot
May 24th, 2013, 22:30
Justice cant make it but as long as we get at least three players we can have a game

Gadreun
May 25th, 2013, 01:30
I will attend happily

Willot
May 26th, 2013, 01:36
Looks like We're running late So game time will probably be closer to 3pm

Willot
May 26th, 2013, 11:24
Filigree!!!

Argol228
May 26th, 2013, 12:43
response to Filigree's robes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJrv3AVsZJg

Ardem
May 27th, 2013, 01:26
Is a worry, but a good weaponsmith

Gadreun
May 31st, 2013, 09:57
I must say I am excited we are able to get some good armoursmithing and weaponsmithing done, very rarely does a GM allow 'tinkering' and i often feel my hard working characters are destined to be impoverished and live trail ration to trail ration.

I assume that as soon as we have all our shiny new Armour and weapons and our (unbelievably) unscathed horses, we will meet a black dragon along our journey with devastating acid attacks.

Oh wait...

post our next game up Will im itching to play!

Gadreun
May 31st, 2013, 10:04
Filigree should be an armoursmith. Ooo that does look good on you, give me a twirl! Ardem's in 'good' hands

tahl_liadon
June 9th, 2013, 00:16
game on today (jun 8)?

Argol228
June 9th, 2013, 02:47
I learned my lesson thanks to this. a DM made the party suffer smoke inhalation and we lost our thief due to a weakened state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiuHr5YVJBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZqbGME5HY

Argol228
June 9th, 2013, 06:43
This is kind of what you expect to see when malena is fighting. her Arcane Strike is her infusing flames into her blows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8XPOLv3N0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElO90n6Mzu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEa8LLIHwrU

Gadreun
June 9th, 2013, 14:46
that was quite interesting about torches, even continual flame would have the same vision impairment...light it is then.

Willot
June 10th, 2013, 07:09
Dont want to get too bogged down in reality. I mean Malena is producing gouts of flames from her hands and your worried about torch light blinding people? hehehehee.

The idea is the torch is held aloft above your head and if theres no room for that behind you as the guy said. Id be more worried that your arm gets tired. But if light is available then yep :)

Argol228
June 10th, 2013, 07:55
I have to remember, you aren;t a killer GM that throws disease about unless it is an actual ability a monster uses.

Willot
June 10th, 2013, 09:14
I have to remember, you aren;t a killer GM that throws disease about unless it is an actual ability a monster uses.

or the plague is in town!

Gadreun
June 10th, 2013, 12:49
hehe the number of games i have played with the plague lurking in the background

Ardem
June 11th, 2013, 02:05
I don't I ever GM a game where a plague is lurking. Having said that last session was fun. The dwarf has a bad influence with Justice around, he goes a little berserker on occasion. Especially when Justice is on the war path.

In my head I was saying as I ran through the door first this is going to turn out bad, this is going to turn out bad.

Yet my little dwarf head kept saying 'oh pull up your skirts, you little cry baby and get into it'.

Yes I do hear my dwarf voice in my head which is very much the opposite to my calm rational self. Do I need to see some one?

Willot
June 11th, 2013, 04:19
I don't I ever GM a game where a plague is lurking. Having said that last session was fun. The dwarf has a bad influence with Justice around, he goes a little berserker on occasion. Especially when Justice is on the war path.

In my head I was saying as I ran through the door first this is going to turn out bad, this is going to turn out bad.

Yet my little dwarf head kept saying 'oh pull up your skirts, you little cry baby and get into it'.

Yes I do hear my dwarf voice in my head which is very much the opposite to my calm rational self. Do I need to see some one?

Only if you start digging holes and actively seeking veins of orc

Gadreun
June 11th, 2013, 10:21
Yeah you two are pretty Rambo sometimes...Black Dragon...Lich... but I will keep you standing when possible.

Oh Will,

I took heavy armour proficiency feat - didn't realise clerics couldn't wear full plate from scratch :mad:

skills; perception to max and the balance shared between diplomacy and sense motive

I also found out I'm doing my spells wrong - think I'm 5/4/4/3 standard, do I add domain spells or are they included :confused:

Willot
June 11th, 2013, 11:11
Yeah you two are pretty Rambo sometimes...Black Dragon...Lich... but I will keep you standing when possible.

Oh Will,

I took heavy armour proficiency feat - didn't realise clerics couldn't wear full plate from scratch :mad:

skills; perception to max and the balance shared between diplomacy and sense motive

I also found out I'm doing my spells wrong - think I'm 5/4/4/3 standard, do I add domain spells or are they included :confused:

The standard spell slots for a cleric at your level is 4/3/3/2

HOWEVER because of your Wisdom YOUR cleric gets 4/4/4/2 (you get bonus spell slots for lvl 1 & 2 spells with a wisdom of 15)

NOW you get a BONUS domain spell slot for each level of spells (except lvl0) but ONLY domain spells from you two chossen domains can be placed in them so this is expressed as (and your spell slots should be) 4/4+1/4+1/2+1 (where +1 indicates a domain spell)

In FG best to do your normal spell slots for someone of your level & wisdom (4/4/4/2) then do a class for Domain spells (0/1/1/1) Remeber ONLY domain spells in here

Gadreun
June 15th, 2013, 07:05
In FG best to do your normal spell slots for someone of your level & wisdom (4/4/4/2) then do a class for Domain spells (0/1/1/1) Remember ONLY domain spells in here

so i should have 4/5/5/3 total, but 0/1/1/1 of those have to be domains. Sweet. My character sheet is set up the way you have indicated but i had subtracted a spell at each level in my normal spells lists so i was running 4/3/3/2 and 0/1/1/1 in the domain section. So as you say it would be 4/4/4/2 normal and 0/1/1/1 under the domains list.

Willot
June 15th, 2013, 09:43
so i should have 4/5/5/3 total, but 0/1/1/1 of those have to be domains. Sweet. My character sheet is set up the way you have indicated but i had subtracted a spell at each level in my normal spells lists so i was running 4/3/3/2 and 0/1/1/1 in the domain section. So as you say it would be 4/4/4/2 normal and 0/1/1/1 under the domains list.

Yep Thats right :)

Btw as a someone who is descended from Keleshite stock shouldnt your name be something like Kel ala Clovfelad or something? I guess maybe you changed you name to something more in keeping with the local populous <shrugs> :)

Willot
June 16th, 2013, 10:58
Boy this adventure path is shaping up to be a good one. Cause we are starting from the beginning you guy may find some of the encounters a bit easy (ive upscaled alot of them) So there alot of roleplaying stuff in this one.
So I may stick you guys on the large advancement track until your levels start matching the modules. It all looks good tho!]

Nadya (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgVkJHM1NaUl9BN1k/edit?usp=sharing)

Gadreun
June 16th, 2013, 15:13
Kel-al Khālid al-Fālh'd (أتباع الشمس - Follower of The Sun) sounds similar to Kel Cloverfield and the tavern keeper seemed happier to introduce me to other patrons that way once I arrived here.

Willot
June 17th, 2013, 00:07
Kel-al Khālid al-Fālh'd (أتباع الشمس - Follower of The Sun) sounds similar to Kel Cloverfield and the tavern keeper seemed happier to introduce me to other patrons that way once I arrived here.

nice one!
Kel-al Khālid al-Fālh'd (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vaO6DiRpc)
(altho he was brought up in a more Egyptian area)

Gadreun
June 18th, 2013, 16:02
plenty of Arabs in Egypt too :)

Willot
June 18th, 2013, 23:56
plenty of Arabs in Egypt too :)

Of course anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the entire movie is in fact about Kell's Early life before he came over to Andoran by boat to start his life spreading the word of the Dawnflower. Only the names were changed to protect the innocent

Kell's new Token LOL

Gadreun
June 19th, 2013, 08:45
fact is i love that movie...i actually thought i was the Bedouin fella :P

Willot
June 19th, 2013, 09:53
fact is i love that movie...i actually thought i was the Bedouin fella :P
You could be either hehe!

Ever seen the Man who would be King with Micheal Caine and Sean Connery?

If not find, find that movie and watch it.. If you likes L.O.A you ike that too

Willot
June 20th, 2013, 00:18
Okies all set up. Should be a ripper me thinks

Willot
June 20th, 2013, 01:32
I Couldnt Help myself!!!!

Dont know why I keep picking on Melena. Might be cause all the really good emotive (not including rage or anger) paintings tend to be of Females

Anyways BAWHAhahahahahahahaah

Willot
June 21st, 2013, 09:33
I think were goning be using the Downtime rules.I ve just discovered them and they look pretty good

Downtime Rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/downtime#TOC-Overview)

Im reading up on them now

Gadreun
June 22nd, 2013, 23:55
ohhh i am not getting email reminders for this forum anymore? ill have to check why..

Gadreun
June 22nd, 2013, 23:59
haha i have used similar rules years ago and we always ended up running a brothel, a tavern and one of the fighters would get a lump of stone on the outskirts of town and declare it as his keep along with some scruffy unscrupulous looking followers.

tahl_liadon
June 23rd, 2013, 00:57
tied up. will join around 8p est

Gadreun
June 23rd, 2013, 01:06
np mate see you then

avro5731
June 23rd, 2013, 04:14
Thanks for letting me join

Willot
June 23rd, 2013, 05:20
No prob. Ive loaded in Complete paizo spell list now.

avro5731
June 23rd, 2013, 12:41
Thank you again.

Gadreun
June 23rd, 2013, 13:19
Welcome along, your witch is interesting and adds a nice alternative for our group.

Willot
June 23rd, 2013, 13:53
btw it appears my d20pfsrd full beastary went corrupt which is why fg was playing up.I was getting all sorts of errors when try to relaunch afteer the game

Argol228
June 23rd, 2013, 14:46
Yes it will be good to have a coward in the group to counterbalance the recklessness of Justice and Ardem.

Ardem
June 24th, 2013, 02:44
Reckless? Nor your got the dwarf wrong lassie.

He just loves a good fight.

Gadreun
June 24th, 2013, 10:43
Says the guy who wants to fight 30 odd who have us surrounded :D

Willot
June 24th, 2013, 10:54
Says the guy who wants to fight 30 odd who have us surrounded :D

<Ardem takes a stance, feet planted. His Mighty axe gripped in his hands. Through gritted teeth he says "Come on Yer Pansies!!!!">

Ardem
June 24th, 2013, 11:22
30 odd I think this is an exaggeration, We have never crossed 30 monsters. Having said that if they were 30 orcs or goblins, I would be in full steam ahead, surround myself with as many as I could and watch great cleave go into effect. <huge grin>

Willot
June 24th, 2013, 11:35
20 actually. not so bad afterall

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgaXRabXg5S1FWY2M/edit?usp=sharing

avro5731
June 24th, 2013, 15:08
They way I remember that fight NiMue was stealthed in the trees to the southeast.... :p

Ardem
June 30th, 2013, 08:39
Did I miss a game somewhere. I don't remember this or that image.

Willot
June 30th, 2013, 10:08
If FG hadnt gone down this is what you would of seen when waylaided by that guy

avro5731
June 30th, 2013, 16:59
sorry for the noob question but the time and day of the game is what again? I have it on my calendar as sat at 7 est. No one was on and this was after FG was fixed.

Willot
July 1st, 2013, 10:25
Ignore this post

Willot
July 1st, 2013, 10:27
sorry for the noob question but the time and day of the game is what again? I have it on my calendar as sat at 7 est. No one was on and this was after FG was fixed.

We do it every fortnight. So next game is 9am Sunday 7/7/2013 AEST MY TIME!!!
Check the calender for YOUR time. It does seem to work it out. Ill have to send you a invite to the game.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=912

avro5731
July 1st, 2013, 16:51
Thank you I got it -- :D

Willot
July 20th, 2013, 23:46
currentley m internet is down. Reported to ISP waiting. Did this with my kindle :)

Gadreun
July 20th, 2013, 23:58
ahhhhh no problem. will be here if you connect

Willot
July 21st, 2013, 01:18
UP! ip is 120.29.240.138 just finishing up A few things

Willot
July 21st, 2013, 01:46
isp down again :(may as well call it. ISP is obviously having isues

Willot
July 21st, 2013, 02:33
Well heres this at least.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH..............

The dwarf stuck his chestplate in salute.

"Commander we have the Duergar on the run and have secured the main hall and forge"

Durgan turned to face the dwarf stoking his long beard, "Very good Greo, has Spard and his boys reported back yet?"

"Not yet sir, but that tis to be expected. These halls are huge and it will take time to explore them all."

Durgan nodded, "And dis dragon my brother spoke of what have the scouts to say?"

"Gone sir, there were a few gems and coin left but it appears its cleared out and taken its horde with it"

"Tis a pity. But to be expected I guess. Still we can't be.."
The sound of pounding feet attracted Durgan's attention, "AH! heres's one of Spards boys now. What to report?"

"Sir, Greo reports that we have found a dwarven prisoner", said a young dwarf

"One of ours?"

"No sir, a female. She said she had been captured by a human wizard and held here for some months"

"What! didnt Spard read the reports? That girl is probably the demon my brother spoke of!!"

"But sir? Your report said a Human girl"

Durgan pushes the younger dwarf out of the way "YOU FOOL!" pointing at several dwarven warrors in the room , "You fellows with me; quick about it"

The younger dwarf led the way while Durgan and several doughty warriors followed. He supposed Spard (although a damnable idiot) could handle any problems;
as he and his warriors were all battle tested, but he couldnt rid himself of that worm of doubt that nawed at his gut.

As Durgan came around the corner he stopped. Before him and the others was a scene of total carnage. The bloodly corpse of Spard and his men lay about
the corridor, some with thier guts spilt, other with thier heads removed. Blood and gore ran slowly down the old worked brick walls and all was total slience.

A noise, softly at first then becoming louder. Durgan could hear a light feminine laughter echoing through out the corridor. "Ah so much entertainment after so many years"....

Argol228
July 21st, 2013, 03:21
You know I was actually thinking about that situation. I know it doesn't work in Pathfinder, but For malena she believes that there is no such thing as true evil. Had she the chance to redo that situation, she would likely let the demon go, with a brokered deal of sorts of course, just because she doesn't believe in true evil, she knows people that are generally considered evil are not so easy to trust.

Ardem
July 21st, 2013, 09:50
You know I was actually thinking about that situation. I know it doesn't work in Pathfinder, but For malena she believes that there is no such thing as true evil. Had she the chance to redo that situation, she would likely let the demon go, with a brokered deal of sorts of course, just because she doesn't believe in true evil, she knows people that are generally considered evil are not so easy to trust.

If you remember right Ardem wasn't letting anyone go out the door so was not your only your decision you would of had to kill him the dwarf made his stand once done he will die this way eventually. If his brother dies this will rock Ardem perhaps blame himself drive some sort of anger in him to fuel a hatred
Ardem knows he is not ready to defeat such evil

The Internet gods must of known I could not play today and been harmful to you all sorry about that

Willot
July 28th, 2013, 02:09
Many years ago I use to play Dark Age of Camelot. Over a period of time I created a story involving people in my guild.
As time went on other people in the guild kept wanting to put them in the story too, so please excuse the number of characters.
OH my character was Rokar
PS unfortunately I appear to have lost the final parts. (each part came out randomly) If you wish to read it here it is :)

Part 1

A twig snapped.
"Bah! I can't get this damn fire lit.", Raziel threw down a flint and sat heavily upon the cold ground.
Ceciel looked up from his freshly sharpened knife, "You'd better or we'll all freeze to to death this night." Ceciel turned his head . "Has the earth given up any clues yet Captain?"
"No, it is cold and silent.", Dragonheart rose from the ground and brushed off her hands. " I have half a mind to give up on this fools errand."
Ceciel stood and approached his captain. Standing close he said "You know we can't. I don't know what possessed Brylath to take the scabbard but you know he is one of us, and it falls to us to find him."
Dragonheart looked into Ceciel's eyes knowing that he spoke true. Suddenly a loud crack and curse word broke the air. Ceciel turned from his leader to see Raziel lying on his back. Ceciel marched over to
Raziel, "What are you doing with that fire? Give me that flint".

With a half smile on her lips Dragon turned away from her two companions and again inspected the snow-covered earth. What had made Brylath take the holy scabbard from the keep? He was a Friar of the holy order, and while somewhat unauthordox he was always true to albion and her company. So what would have made him take the Scabbard to the enemies of Albion? Dragon turned her mind once more to the earth, pleading it to tell its secrets. She was a theurgist, an elemenlist mage of the highest order, her speciality was earth she should be able to read the ground as one would read a book; she felt sure something or someone was hiding Bry's presence from her. A light breeze stirred the snow and the dirt moved and swirled. Dragon's eyes widened as she saw Bry struggling through a deep forest surrounded by low scrub and brambles. He looked in a bad way his face was filthy and his robes torn and ragged. She could hear no sound bit it seemed that he was talking to himself and it looked as if he was in tears. He struggled forward, falling occasionally but he always rose once more and continued dragging a heavy pack behind him. Dragon felt an ever so slight pull to the North, then( like a door shutting fast in her face) the image disappeared.

Dragon stood and turned to find her guildmates standing around a merrily burning little campfire looking quite pleased with themselves. "Put that out! We ride through the night. Bry is far from us and we must get out of these highlands."
"You have seen him captain?", spoke Raziel
Dragon nodded her head towards Raziel, "Yes, the earth finally spoke to me. He moves north"
"He makes for Hadrain's Wall?" said Ceciel stepping forward.
Dragon turned towards the looming snow capped peaks in the distance. "It would appear so. Enough talk we ride!"
Instantly Raziel kicked out the fire and collected what belongings they had removed from the're mounts. They pulled themselves onto they're steads. They dung their heals in. The horses snorted and shook their heads in protest but they leap forward all the same. Down an embankment and into the the night they went ducking and weaving as they rode. Dragon's hair pin had come loose with the hasty departure and her blond was hair streamed out behind her. She knew it was dangerous to ride thus on a moonless night but she had a deep feeling that Bry was in trouble and she wasn't about to abandon her friend to his fate. To her left she could hear Ceciel shouting in prayer and to her right Raziel's curses. She again gave her horse a slight kick and urged it on. "Hold Brylath, hold, we are coming."

If you want the next part let me know... Wont fit in one post :(

Ardem
July 29th, 2013, 03:01
Many years ago I use to play Dark Age of Camelot. Over a period of time I created a story involving people in my guild.
As time went on other people in the guild kept wanting to put them in the story too, so please excuse the number of characters.
OH my character was Rokar
PS unfortunately I appear to have lost the final parts. (each part came out randomly) If you wish to read it here it is :)

If you want the next part let me know... Wont fit in one post :(

I also played Dark Age of Camelot.

Kay Server, Midgard, Dwarven Warrior, and yup you guessed it, his name was Ardem StormAxe. Knights of Ni [KoN] Guild

PS I want the next part when the Dwarves, Norsemen, Halflings and Trolls run over the hill moving faster then a locomotive with there lute singing Skald. And stomp your little campfire out.

With those names you sound like Albion scum.

I have many fine memories of DAoC, my brother played a human healer, I majored in axe and shield, and lots of con points. One the best battles we had was against three albion stealthers. I used to carry a hammer to look like a healer. They were giving our guys some pains trying to pass the gate. So I sat down the stealther came in and hit me and wondered why I was only down 15% on his attack. Shield bash hack hack, the other came in to help. Shaseki - Mez, 1st then tries to run, Snare. Kill. Then start on the next one and rinse and repeat they then try to take the healer on cause he keeps mezing them. So I shield bash and hack.

3 Albion stealthers dead. Lasted about 10 mins (A long time for DAoC) but very tactical. My first and last hardcore MMPORG.

Willot
July 29th, 2013, 10:40
Yep Albion! I too (with my fighter character) wearing a robe and carrying a staff so stealthers would think I was a caster.

MY caster Was Rokar he was a thergist?

anyways hereeeessss Rokar

PART 2

"My liege. Ladies and lords of Camelot. Sir Rokar Thunderchild." The door warden struck his staff upon the tiled floor, signaling the guards to open the large ornate doors to the audience room. A tall man walked forward down the centre of the room. He wore silken ornate robes that swirled and shifted slightly as he moved. They were crimson red with a black trim; the colors of his guild. His hair was the white of one of those from the isle of Avalon, his face was grim.

The assorted throng of court nobles paid no heed to his entrance nor did king Constantine, who was engrossed in jovial conversation with one of his courtiers at the head of the room sitting upon the throne of Albion. Rokar stopped before the raised throne with his hands clasped in front of him and waited. The king (appearing somewhat perturbed) looked down, he signaled with his kerchief to his lord chamberlain. "Who is this fellow again lord chamberlain?".
The chamberlain responded, "Tis Sir Thunderchild my liege. I suspect he has come about the search for the realm's recent loss."
"Loss? What loss?", the king looked annoyed and sat straighter in his chair. He could feel his day was about to be ruined.
The chamberlain leaned in closer to ensure his words were not heard by others, "The scabbard my lord".
"Oh, yes a most unseemly business" said the king, "well I guess we had better take this to my private study." The king rose from his throne, as he did a hush fell over the audience chamber.
"There will be a ten minute break for his liege to recover" spoke the chamberlain.
The door warden again struck the tile floor with his staff of office "God save the king!"

The king made his way to the back of the room to a small plain door. The chamberlain motioned for Rokar to follow. Rokar noticed as he walked behind his king that he was a small man. This surprised him slightly as he always thought the king to be quite tall, perhaps it was the effect of the raised platform. The king stood at the door and waited, the chamberlain opened the door for his king and Constantine entered. Rokar followed them into the room.

The room was wall to wall books. Another closed door was on the other side of the room. A large desk was centred in the room, behind it a large padded leather chair which the king seated himself in. Papers were piled high on the desk. There were the nibs of various pens, having given their life in pursuit of their duty strewn about the desk. At least he appears to do something in his office, thought Rokar. The king then started looking for something on the desk. He pushed a large pile of papers onto the floor and then proceeded to rifle through a drawer.

"Here, my liege. I believe you are looking for a pen." said the chamberlain as he reached into the bottom right drawer.
As the chamberlain handed the king his pen the corner of Rokar's mouth curled ever so slightly up.

“Thank you, lord chamberlain”, Constantine nodding his head slightly towards the flustered chamberlain.
The king turned towards Rokar, “I believe it has been given to you to investigate this theft? Although remind me again why it was seen fit to assign this task to one of the thief's own company?”

Rokar took a breath,” Our captain convinced my liege that we would know the quarry best and also we could redress some of the shame brought to our guild.”

The king shifted the weight of his body in the chair,”Yes, well, I become less than convinced the more time goes by. What have you discovered?”

“I have searched Brylath's room and discovered some things of interest. Chief among them being this.” Rokar pulled a scrap of paper from some place on his robe and presented it to the chamberlain. The Chamberlain in turn presented it to the king.
Constantine looked over the paper carefully, “So? It's a list of goods to be purchased?”

“Indeed sire. It is written in Brylath's own hand. Written the day of his so called theft.” Rokar looked expectantly at the king.

Constantine peered back at Rokar dumbfounded, “Yes? Your point being? I tell you I grow weary of this and I have many other appointments. My chess match with Lord Meepan is already well over due.”

Rokar sighed ever lightly, “My lord. Why would a man about to commit the highest treason make a shopping list on the very same day?”

The king threw the scrap of paper on the desk, “This proves nothing. This list could have been drawn up at any time.”

“I beg to differ my lord”, said Rokar “If my lord would notice the third item on the list. My lord will see it is for 100 sheets of paper to be picked up from the Merchant Germin. I checked. The merchant took delivery of that paper on the day before the theft and had sent a runner to Brylath's room to inform him of such.”

“Yes, yes all good and well but it doesnt change the fact that his prayer book was found in the chamber, and he and scabbard are gone. He is involved somehow, of that there is no doubt!” The king leaned back in his chair. “But more importantly now, have you discovered the whereabouts of the scabbard? Or where he is taking it?”

“Not as yet my liege but my captain and some of my brothers are in close pursuit as we speak and I am sure we will have the scabbard returned before....” Suddenly the king stood up! His fist pounded the desk.

“Do you take me for a cretin!”, spat the king. “Your company is close to expulsion from Albion as it is and yet you come here with your “Not as yets” and your “I am sure's” and your little pieces of paper! I WANT THIS BUSINESS CONCLUDED! I will not be made to look a fool!“ The king held Rokar's eye for what seemed to longest time, considering something. Rokar started to feel very uncomfortable under this scrutiny and started to shift his feet. The king slowly turned his head away from Rokar, his eyes not leaving Rokar's until the last moment. “Chamberlain are the men ready to leave?”

“Yes my lord”, said the chamberlain bowing low.

“Very good. Send them out at once to track down this traitor and retrieve the scabbard.” Constantine sat back down in his chair adjusting his robes of office.

Rokar stammered, “But? My lord we were to complete this task”

“Well, then your captain had better hurry and complete it before my men do. Hadn't she? Now if you excuse me Sir as I've said I am overdue for my chess match. The Lord Meepan will be becoming most impatient”, the king rose and Rokar bowed his head as Constantine passed him; chamberlain close behind him. Just as he was about to leave the room the king suddenly stopped and turned to Rokar, his face was a mask of uncertainty. “Something has just occurred to me?”

“Yes? My liege”, asked Rokar.

“I'd heard you were dead?”