PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day:Vote for your choice of scenario

Skellan
December 29th, 2012, 02:12
To celebrate the New Year I plan to run a scenario on New Years Day at 7.00pm GMT.

If you are interested, please vote for the scenario that you would like to play. You can make multiple selections. Hopefully I will be able to run something to please everyone...

Trueshots
December 29th, 2012, 02:31
Count me in! and my wife wants to join to!

Blahness98
December 29th, 2012, 03:16
I'm in as long as it is a new character can join in..

Rose Claymore
December 29th, 2012, 06:23
Count me in for The Disappeared! It's the only one I haven't played yet.

I'll probably play Wirbel.

If you were starting a few hours (11pm GMT) later Trystan Laryssa could play as well. If not I'm still up for a game.

Killian
December 29th, 2012, 08:19
Sure I'd love to play. There's one or two I've played before but I'll wait and see what the popular decision is. Got a couple chars ready to go I'll keep and eye out and upload soon as there's a decision

Malkavian_Andi
December 29th, 2012, 08:32
I'd like to play, too. From my experience, I don't suppose it will take longer than 6 hours. I can't play much longer than that because I have another game later that night ^^

Rose Claymore
December 29th, 2012, 21:19
Keeping my fingers crossed for The Disappeared. :D

Trueshots
December 29th, 2012, 21:20
Keeping my fingers crossed for The Disappeared. :D

We just ran that one a few days ago with Skellan, it was extremely fun! Loved It!

Zyrah
December 29th, 2012, 21:24
Can't wait to play. My husband (Trueshots) has been talking about this for weeks now. Looking forward to my first game!

Rose Claymore
December 29th, 2012, 21:25
We just ran that one a few days ago with Skellan, it was extremely fun! Loved It!
I know, but the notice was too short for me to play, so I'm hoping for another chance. :)

Gwaihir Scout
December 30th, 2012, 01:53
I'd go for The Disappeared or the Blackros Matrimony.

Tinculin
December 30th, 2012, 14:08
Maybe we can play the higher sub-tier if we try the disappeared? seems like quite a few who are showing interest have some lvl 3+ characters to play with?

Trueshots
December 30th, 2012, 16:55
Go Icebound Outpost! Go , Go, Go!

Skellan
December 30th, 2012, 21:15
Ok, lets try and please everyone:

The New Years Day session will be Icebound Outpost. Please could everyone who voted for this post their characters and previous chronicle on this forum and sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=962)

As we have plenty of demand for a tier 4-5 session of The Disappeared, I will run a separate session for the people who voted for it. I have created a calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=964)and I have added a range of dates. If you want to play in this session, please go there, sign up and vote for the time slot that you can make. Feel free to add suggested dates if you like

Trueshots
December 30th, 2012, 21:31
Ok, I made me a ranger :) Fresh outta the box, Gonna give her a try! I'm making a few corrections to my wife's monk then I'll have her post her's. I did it all in Hero lab on the laptop while in bed yesterday being lazy.....then when i wasn't paying attention I knocked the laptop off the bed, hit my nightstand, fell into the floor....needless to say, It wont turn on anymore....

Skellan
December 30th, 2012, 21:56
Poor lappy.
That reminds me, if anyone needs any help getting their character sortes, let me know

Malkavian_Andi
December 31st, 2012, 00:31
I'll play a fresh character, too.

avro5731
December 31st, 2012, 01:01
Is there still room on this game? I have to lvl my wifes toon for wed and need 2 games.

I signed up on the calendar but game still looked full

Gwaihir Scout
December 31st, 2012, 01:52
Looks like my local group will be running The Disappeared in three weeks, so I'll leave the slot open here.

Skellan
December 31st, 2012, 02:29
Is there still room on this game? I have to lvl my wifes toon for wed and need 2 games.

I signed up on the calendar but game still looked full

I don't think you can play other people's characters. In either case, if everyone who voted tur
s up, the game will be full.

Rose Claymore
December 31st, 2012, 02:36
I signed up for The Dissappeared, but I voted for the wrong time slot. I wanted to say yes to both Jan 3rd and Jan 9th, but somehow hit no for Jan 9th and can't seem to change it.

Trueshots
December 31st, 2012, 02:43
Here's My Wife's Monk for Tuesday.

avro5731
December 31st, 2012, 02:48
kk Thank you

Skellan
December 31st, 2012, 03:18
I think the group for Icebound Outpost should be:
Blahness98, cerijoel, Killian, Malkavian_Andi, Trueshots, Zyrah
Let me know if you can't make it so I can try to fill the last slot

I have added a new thread for the disappeared session located here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=140001#post140001)

On the whole, it is quite useful doing the poll as it gives me an idea of the demand for the scenarios that I have built. I pretty much have a group for all of them, so I will run one each week (ish) as well as building and running a new scenario each week (ish)

cerijoel
December 31st, 2012, 10:19
Thanks, herewith a witch, if there's room on the broom.

67687-2

Killian
December 31st, 2012, 18:28
For the new Years Day Scenario I'm submitting Towoen, Level 2 Rogue 40412-3. Please ignore the society number on the last chronicle everything else is correct and the right character was credited on Paizo.

Blahness98
January 1st, 2013, 15:51
Excuse the delay, but here is Seth.. First attempt at PFS so no chronical. PFS #38933-1

Killian
January 1st, 2013, 18:58
Hey guys you might need to call up an alternate as ive got no Internet at the moment. It may recover byt not to a playable standard so it looks like im out for tonight :-(

Skellan
January 1st, 2013, 19:06
server is up :)

Skellan
January 1st, 2013, 22:55
Sorry you failed this mission folks. You had some pretty lousy rolls and its always going to be hard with a group of starting characters. Just one scenario under your belt can make all the difference.

I suppose success isn't guaranteed and it can just fall this way sometimes. At least you live to fight another day.

I will post the chronicles shortly

Rose Claymore
January 1st, 2013, 23:20
Oh my! What happened?

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2013, 23:40
A lot of bad rolls. And when I say "a lot", I mean almost every attack roll. Could have been a lot better if we had actually hit those guys more than one or two times :D

Skellan
January 1st, 2013, 23:49
Yeah, it wasn't the group's night:(

Blahness98
January 2nd, 2013, 00:55
But it was still fun and a good learning experience. Thanks for running the session, Skellan!

Trueshots
January 2nd, 2013, 02:59
yea, The instance was really fun up to where we were. Skellan is an awesome GM ( and a blood thirsty one apparently). I told my wife at the start we could be in trouble. We were missing 2 players and the 4 we had, none of us could heal. Thought maybe our inquisitor might have cure lights but think he went a different way with his build. Also at lvl 1 with no gold, no one is really going to have cure pots and definitely not going to have cure wand because they have no pp. We were fighting an uphill battle. To top it off one of those rounds no one rolled over a 4 for the whole round, and for 3-4 rounds no one hit anything. On top of that, Skellan was using loaded dice on his NPC's rolls and critting us with about every other attack......It was nasty stuff.
I hate I'll never get to see the end of the adventure, would have loved to have known what the end boss was and how everything panned out. Also, I hope my wife was able to see some fun in it, being it was her 1st time. Hope she didn't get too frustrated. Really want her and the kids to start playing regularly with me.
Think I'm going to photo copy Skellan a page out of the Pathfinders Beginner Box GM Booklet.....it says "Don't kill anyone that's new to the game and if necessary fudge some of your rolls" LOL!!! Oh well, on to the next one, Victory shall be ours!

Skellan
January 2nd, 2013, 03:55
Hey, I didn't kill anyone. If it wasn't a new party, then you would have died

It was tough for the reasons you mentioned above and I hope that it hasn't put your wife off. I do believe though that danger and the chance of failing are part of taking Pathfinder Society missions. I don't like seeing character's fail or die but I won't fudge dice rolls.

Anyway, I am sure you will get the chance for revenge on the Aspis Consortium soon...

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2013, 04:07
True, I don't have any cures on that inquisitor. He's good at intimidating, but not healing ^^

Trueshots
January 2nd, 2013, 04:13
Hey, I didn't kill anyone.
:)

True, I don't have any cures on that inquisitor. He's good at intimidating, but not healing ^^
Yea I figured you had gone another direction with your build. The bottom line really is we rolled so bad.....I literally don't think that our group as a whole could duplicate that poor rolling in a 1000 more tries.....it was just plain horrible luck!

Trueshots
January 2nd, 2013, 04:22
If it wasn't a new party, then you would have died

Yea this is really the only problem I have with this game. But its a huge issue for me. I play games like this to have fun and relax and get away from the stresses of real life. But this game becomes extremely stressful when you, for example, play a character for approx 150 hours + non gaming maintenance time on you character to get to level 10. Then with a few bad rolls and/or bad decisions, you can die and never be allowed to play that character again.....Where is the fun in that? As a business do they think they are retaining more or fewer players with that rule? It just seems crazy to me and tbh, when I get some characters to higher levels, I don't see anyway to not be a selfish player to an extent, just to make sure you survive to live another day. Fantasy is suppose to be about heroics and sacrifice and such. But if sacrifice means wasting 100's of hours of time, then bump heroics and sacrifice, give me greed and selfishness!

Trueshots
January 2nd, 2013, 04:32
Dang one more thing to add. It seems that sometime we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. You as the GM have taken a great deal of your time and real life money to make an adventure for us to play. Especially you Skellan, you seem extremely organized and well prepared in every adventure I've been with you DM'ing. It's obvious to me and others you've really prepared! Also you take time to advertise for it and manage the forums to help people out. But on the other hand, like today. We got to the game, and we were 2 men short and we had no healers and we were all noobs. In actuality we should have just said "I bow out", we were too undermanned and didn't have what we needed to successfully complete the average mission. But, that is extremely disrespectful to you, imo, because you have done so much preparing for that adventure.
I guess I need to make a Healer for times this happens, but heck, I can barely play the toons I know a little about! We you throw magic in there, I may literally crap myself......

Skellan
January 2nd, 2013, 04:59
hehe, nah, if players look at the scenario and don't want to risk it with the party they have, I am fine with that (though I hope it doesn't happen). I replay them all anyway, so it would just be a matter of rescheduling.

I think lvl 1 characters are much more squishy than higher levels, so it would be harder to die at higher levels from a few bad rolls, though it can happen.

I hope it never happens to you, but death is a possibility for all characters and is part of the game. I know where you are coming from, and to have a character die is totally gutting, especially if you have played them for a long time. I guess it depends how you look at it though. Personally, I wouldn't see it as 150 hours wasted, I would see it as having had 150 hours of fun with the character(after I stopped crying hehe). For me its more about the journey and the story than the destination.

Skellan
January 2nd, 2013, 06:04
Also you can buy resurrections etc with prestige...

cerijoel
January 2nd, 2013, 10:28
Sorry I missed this, I somehow set my calendar to 9:00 instead of 7:00 and was looking forward to it, but then saw the server up post at 8:00 and joined, but you were obviously an hour in and I didn't want to interrupt. A bad excuse, and I agree people who sign up and don't turn up belong in the lowest of the nine hells, so, sorry.

Skellan
January 2nd, 2013, 12:20
The lowest of the nine hells? Is that the one where you have to listen to Barry Manilow albums? :o

Hehe, I wouldn't worry about it, i am not sure it would have made a difference yesterday

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2013, 17:40
Yea this is really the only problem I have with this game. But its a huge issue for me. I play games like this to have fun and relax and get away from the stresses of real life. But this game becomes extremely stressful when you, for example, play a character for approx 150 hours + non gaming maintenance time on you character to get to level 10. Then with a few bad rolls and/or bad decisions, you can die and never be allowed to play that character again.....Where is the fun in that? As a business do they think they are retaining more or fewer players with that rule? It just seems crazy to me and tbh, when I get some characters to higher levels, I don't see anyway to not be a selfish player to an extent, just to make sure you survive to live another day. Fantasy is suppose to be about heroics and sacrifice and such. But if sacrifice means wasting 100's of hours of time, then bump heroics and sacrifice, give me greed and selfishness!
As Skellan has mentioned in his reply - there is a mechanism built into PFS to allow more experienced PCs the ability to "come back from the dead" - spending prestige (PP) on body recovery and raise dead spells. See the table on page 27 of the PFS guide for PP costs - and the table on page 24 for pure gold costs of such spells.

So, it's not "you die, you can't play again" - there are options available (both gold and prestige) to bring your character back from the dead.

And, also as Skellan says, I wouldn't view playing a character for 150+ hours as wasted time - whether the PC permanently died or not. I suppose it all depends if you enjoy the journey or reaching the destination more... ;)

For me a lot of the enjoyment comes from the knowledge that there is a very definite chance that my PC will die. If this weren't the case, then I'm sure I'd still enjoy the game, but not as much when I know that my PC lives and dies on my (and my party) decisions and the party dice rolls. But, that's just me, and explains why I don't usually go for "pulp" style games beyond the odd one-off Savage Worlds game...

Malkavian_Andi
January 3rd, 2013, 12:52
oh, btw: Do you need any information about my character for the chronicle sheet? I totally forgot to give you a summary, and since it was his first scenario, there's no previous chronicle sheet to get the info from.

Character name: Xagh
Player name: Andreas Forster
PFS-#: 42939-5
Faction: Shadow Lodge
gold: 4

I won't purchase anything for now.

Tinculin
January 3rd, 2013, 16:40
My thoughts here are quite simple, if there is no risk of failure (death) - where is the fun of success?

If I know i'll never die - why bother playing - I may as well just say give me my 36xp & i'll be level 12 - its inevitable.

Knowing that there is a risk of death is what makes games like this more challenging and the feeling of success more fun.

Win/lose or draw, i'd hope you have fun playing regardless - it certainly shouldn't feel stressful when you are playing a RPG :)

As mentioned above - after the early levels, being raised becomes easier, eventually you'll be running scenarios where you earn enough gold from a single adventure to more than cover the cost of a raise dead spell.

Skellan
January 6th, 2013, 04:48
Chronicles are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x62vdsax3ft0wqc/2QlMPinxnv)for this session

I need pfs numbers and starting gold for Trushots and Zyrah to do their chronicles please

Malkavian_Andi
January 6th, 2013, 10:06
Wait a minute, on my chronicle sheet, it says I got 0 XP from the scenario. You told us we get the normal 1 XP, just no Prestige.
oh, and you made a mistake with the Crystalhue chronicle. Although we don't get any gold, we still have more than 0 starting gold (you did the same with the Crystalhue sheets for Blakros Matrimony)

Skellan
January 6th, 2013, 14:29
I understand that the gold/xp/prestige parts are left blank on Boons. I may stand corrected though...

I was mistaken on the day. To get xp you need to complete 3 encounters and while you triggered 3 encounters, the party only defeated one of them. Sorry :(

Trenloe
January 6th, 2013, 17:25
I understand that the gold/xp/prestige parts are left blank on Boons. I may stand corrected though...
You're correct. Boon chronicle sheets are essentially out of the normal order of game (scenario/module) chronicle sheets - as you don't gain any XP, PP/Fame or GP from a boon sheet none of these are marked on the boon chronicle sheet and so none of the usual running totals are marked too. You won't put purchases or sales on a boon sheet either. Some players may throw away their boon sheet once used as well - but cannot request a new one for the same character if still within the allocation period.

What you should see on a boon chronicle sheet is the player info fully entered at the top and the GM Only info and their signature at the bottom. That is what is needed to make it a legal, and usable, boon chronicle sheet.

Trueshots
January 8th, 2013, 01:02
Chronicles are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x62vdsax3ft0wqc/2QlMPinxnv)for this session

I need pfs numbers and starting gold for Trushots and Zyrah to do their chronicles please
Crap I'm sorry, I just saw this! I musta overlooked it!

Sumashi-Jiru 71518-4
14gold
0 xp
0 PP

Onixx 72405-1
140 gold
0xp
0pp

Sorry bout that!

Skellan
January 13th, 2013, 07:00
Ok,, added Onixx and Sumashi's chronicles